Crazy in Love

24Hours

 

With Momo back home, a new week expected her. Momo would be skipping classes for a while, so she could have proper rest for the big day. She talked to Mina, and with a lot of effort, she convinced her to let her perform. Mina insisted Yuta-sensei would have no problem with letting them perform another day, but Momo ended up winning the battle. They would be practicing after Mina's academy lessons, on Thursday, the day before the performance, at Momo's house. She was ecstatic. She missed the feeling of dancing with Mina so much, it was as if she had forgotten it entirely.

Momo spent Monday resting home with her father, while Sana joined them after classes for a movie marathon. Momo found herself thinking about her sometimes. Wishing she was there, leaning her head on her shoulder while they watched a movie.

Before going to bed, Momo decided to dance for a bit. She played some random music on her computer and stretched. Her limbs still hurt a bit, especially her knee, but nothing she couldn't endure. Momo smiled as she heard 'Call me Baby' fill her ears. She danced the whole choreo, running out of breath at the end. Where did her stamina go? But she felt happy dancing again. Even though her knee was still hurting, maybe more then it should. Momo didn't worry about it, because she knew everything would be fine.

---

Momo woke up early on Thursday, the excitement filling her up before she had a chance to try going back to sleep. She hadn't seen Mina for a day and she already missed her too much. Way too much. She didn't miss Jungwon like that. Momo shook her head and sprung up from bed, headed downstairs for breakfast.

"Your motorcycle is fixed already. It's in the garage. I also bought you a new helmet." Her father said, munching on his toast.

Momo's features lit up. She finished her food in light speed and rushed to the garage. The automatic door slowly slid up, revealing her bike inside the garage. It shone like a brand-new moto. Soon after, she found the new helmet. Momo grabbed it and took a closer look. Black, with small details here and there in silver and pink. It was beautiful, perfect for her.

She turned back to her bike and let her hand run though it. From the seats, to the fuel tank, to the hand grip. When she touched it, images from the accident flashed in her mind. Images of how she almost... ran over Mina.

Her knees started to tremble and her lower lip quivered. What if... What if she hadn't dodged Mina in time? What if she had hurt her? What if she had... killed her?

Tears fell down to the concrete floor of the garage. Momo was struck with guilt, harder than she could handle. There was no way she could give any more rides to Mina or her sister or whoever. She was dangerous. She could kill somebody, just like she almost did.

No... There was no way she would be riding it again.

---

Her father left after breakfast to run some errands, dropping Sana at school. Momo was left alone, having no idea what to do. The thoughts of earlier didn't cut her any slack. She tried to shake them away from her mind, and the only way she found to do so was thinking about Mina.

Momo let her body fall to the couch, sighing deeply. Why would everything on her mind lead to Mina, one way or another? It was like a maze, in which the only way out was her.

Momo dove into the world of console videogames in a way that made her lose track of time. She headed to the kitchen to prepare some noodles, since it was lunch time and she couldn't be bothered to cook. Momo was cutting spring onions when she felt her phone vibrate on her back pocket.

13:03 [Myoui-chan]
Momo-senpai! ~~ I hope you’re doing well. I’m gonna have lunch with the girls now. I wish you were here too ;__; I can’t wait for later! I’ll be there right after academy class! Pinky said she would drop us there. Eat well for lunch and see you later ^__^

Why was a simple text message enough for Momo to feel weak on her knees?

13:05 [Momo-senpai]
Myoui-chan ~~ enjoy your lunch and eat well!! I’ll be waiting patiently for you. I can’t wait! I miss you already, and dancing of course! ;; see you later <3

Momo only noticed the cute heart emoticon after she pressed the send button. And the fact that she just told Mina she missed her. Wow Momo, way to be subtle.

She sighed, putting her phone back in her pocket.

 It was almost five and academy class was almost over. Momo knew this because she had spent her whole afternoon obsessively checking the time. Five o'clock meant Mina would be there in about half an hour. But it also meant that Momo had to find a less painstaking distraction for the next 30 minutes. Mina would probably arrive hungry from practice, right? So Momo headed to the kitchen to prepare something for them to eat before practicing ‘24 Hours’. Oh, and she couldn't forget Sana was coming too.

---

Momo was plating the sandwiches when the front door opened.

“We're home!” Sana announced, taking her shoes off, followed by Mina and Tzuyu.

Momo ran to the entrance to greet them, drying her hands on a towel. She felt her heart stop and her breath caught up on when her eyes found Mina. She was wearing her usual black, riped jeans, her black Old Skool Vans, a white, baggy t-shirt exposing her shoulder with a black crop top underneath it and Momo's used-to-be cap on her head.

Mina greeted her with her gummy smile and Momo had to tell her knees to be strong in order to stand, and her brain to stop her from launching herself to hug her.

Sana switched her gaze between the girls a couple times.

“Are you just going to stand there?” She asked, as if asking permission to enter her own house.

“No-no, sorry. Hi.” Momo finally said, moving aside and noticing Tzuyu. “Oh, Tzuyu, I didn't know you were coming! I'm glad I made a lot of sandwiches." Momo smiled and headed back to the kitchen, signalling the girls to follow her.

The table had three plates with different types of sandwiches, a bowl with chips and two jars of homemade orange juice. Momo rushed to grab another cup and plate for Tzuyu and came back in a second.

"Momo, shouldn’t you be resting?” Sana scolded.

“I’m feeling good, and I thought you guys would be hungry after practice.” Momo smiled shyly, eyeing Mina by the corner of her eyes.

Mina seemed pretty impressed by what Momo did and thinking that she could be proud made her heart warm.

Momo sat and told the girls to sit too. Mina sat in front of her, Sana at her side and Tzuyu in front of her.

“So, how was practice? “ Momo asked, filling the cups with juice.

“Better without you.” Sana teased, earning a light kick under the table. “Everyone’s missing you a lot. We can’t wait for you to come back.” Sana kissed her sister's cheek.

“I miss everyone too... How’s the dance for the next cover?"

“Great actually! The new girl, Nayeon, adapted really quick and everyone seems to like her a lot! Right, Myoui-chan?" Sana said.

Momo was about to bite on her food when she stopped moving and shot a deadly glare to her sister. What did she mean by that? Her eyes wandered to Mina.

“Eh?” She stopped munching and swallowed before continuing, her cheeks gaining a bit of a reddish tinge. “Y-Yeah, she’s nice.”

“She seemed to like Myoui-chan a lot. She never stops complimenting her!” Sana continued.

If Momo's eyes could kill, Sana would be down on the floor. Was she doing it on purpose? Why would she, though? She didn't know her feelings. Momo munched on her food way too fast and vigorously, feeling something close to rage burn inside her.

“No, no, it’s not like that.” Mina shook her head. “She’s just being kind.” 

“But you can see how impressed she always looks when she watches you dancing!"

That was enough. Momo stood up, making the three girls jerk her heads in her direction.

“Myoui-chan and I need to practice, right? You can grab another sandwich to eat later.”

“I-I’m fine.”

“Nice, so let’s go. We’ll be in the dance studio.” Momo grabbed Mina’s hand and dragged her along.

Sana and Tzuyu exchanged an even more confused look.

“Did I say something I shouldn’t?” Sana asked with a raised eyebrow.

“I don’t know. Momo’s been acting weird with Mina lately, don’t you think?” Tzuyu wondered, taking a sip on her juice.

“Yeah, of course I’ve noticed. But I can't figure out what it is. The way she looks at her sometimes... And how much she actually changed since she met her. She became softer, humbler, more accepting of her mistakes and more hard working.”

“And what she went through to avoid Mina getting hurt.” Tzuyu added.

Sana nodded. Momo was indeed a different girl from a month ago. But how could one girl change her so much without even doing anything?

---

Mina widened her eyes as soon as she stepped into the so-called dance studio. It was as big as their academy studio, and that was fascinating. How could someone have a dance studio like that at home? Mina was too used to her tiny room, so tiny she couldn't take more than one step in each direction without hitting something. That studio had an entire wall covered with a mirror, a sound system, air conditioner, and even a couch and a mini bar! It felt like a dream.

"Cool, right?" Momo smirked, eyeing Mina in amusement.

"Totally cool. I wish I could have a quarter of this space to dance at home."

"Well... You can always come here. If you want to, of course."

Mina's eyes shone in excitement.

"N-No, I don't wanna be a nuisance..." She looked away.

"But you're never a nuisance, Myoui-chan." Momo said, her voice so soft and sweet she was amazed by her own sound. Cheesy.

In a loss for words, Mina opened and closed repeatedly, trying to find something to say.

"L-Let's begin?"

Mina nodded. Momo walked to the sound system and plugged her phone.

"Stretch first." Mina reminded.

Oh, of course. Momo played some random song and they stretched together in silence, except for when Mina hummed to the song or asked Momo if she was okay. She reassured the worried girl, earning a shy smile as response. Momo felt her heart melt whenever she heard her singing voice. Her body forgot to stretch and came to a stop, as if it helped hearing Mina's voice clearer. Mina threw her a worried look, thinking she could be in pain.

"I-I'm okay, sorry, just got... a bit distracted." Momo giggled and started stretching her legs.

She felt a tingling pain on her knee, just like in the day before. But Momo made sure not worry Mina.

After stretching, Momo changed the song to 'Crazy in Love'.

"Let's go over the steps slowly first." Mina suggested. "If you don't remember anything, just tell me."

Momo nodded. They stood in first position and started, the only guidance to the rhythm being Mina's voice singing the song. The music seemed even more beautiful that way.

"Your jump was perfect." Mina said when they finished the first try.

"I'm glad I can still do it." Momo humbly said, scratching the back of her neck with a grin on her lips, hiding the pain that she actually felt on her knee from the jump.

"Of course. You wouldn’t disappoint yourself."

Momo wouldn't disappoint her.

After revising the steps twice more, now along with the music, Mina suggested a break. They would normally dance at least four or five times in a row, but with Momo's condition, Mina was adamant on more frequent breaks.

Momo walked to the mini bar to get some cold water. With each step she took, she felt her knee throb. She couldn't let Mina notice, or else she knew the practice would end that same second.

Two more tries, Mina covering small details, making sure everything was perfect, and another break. Because the weather was getting hotter, it was much easier to get sweaty and tired. Momo took off her shirt, making her sports bra visible. She turned around to fetch some more water and wipe her forehead.

And when she turned again, all the muscles in her body tensed and her lips dried up. Mina had her back facing Momo, but she could see it in the mirror... Mina using her shirt to clean the sweat on her forehead, leaving her stomach visible. Momo had seen it once, but now, seeing it again, another kind of feeling sparked inside her  – desire. Not that she hadn't had those thoughts once or twice before (who was she kidding). But actually being able to get a close look at her body...

After a second, Mina found Momo's eyes in the mirror. She let go of her shirt, making it fall down and hide what she didn't realize was showing, and looking away from Momo's intense stare. Momo took a couple steps towards Mina.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"I-It's okay." Mina mumbled, unable to look the other girl in the eyes.

"Y-You know, you don't need to be shy around me. I know how you feel about your body, but I think you look beautiful."

Momo didn't think such a thing would escape her lips.

Mina turned to face Momo in slow motion, raising her head in the process. Momo was smiling at her, a radiant, warm and kind smile.

"Momo-senpai... I wish I wasn't ashamed of my own body, you know." She confessed, facing down at her hands.

"Then don't. You need to start somewhere. It's just the two of us here now, it's okay. You should take it off. I-I mean, it's really hot in here, you'll feel better without it."

No, she wasn't taking advantage of the situation. Maybe she was, a bit, and she was hating herself to death because of it. But she did want to help Mina overcome her fear of showing her body.

Mina looked hesitant, but at the same time Momo could tell she wanted to do it. She was about to say some more motivational words when Mina grabbed the hem of her shirt and lifted it in a quick movement, flinging it to the couch.

Momo used all of her willpower not to stare, and gave her a small smile instead, noticing the blush on her face.

"L-Let's resume our practice, shall we?" Momo walked back to the sound system.

She was already regretting it. Having Mina dance like that beside her was a terrible idea. Instead of looking at herself in the mirror, Momo's eyes wandered to her stomach like a magnet. She didn't know what to do to stop it, but it was wrong and she had to find a way.

For the third time, Momo had to get water, but this time, she used the cold bottle to refresh her face. It was too hot in that room. Way too hot.

"Momo-senpai, are you alright?" Mina asked, making Momo turn to face her.

"Y-Yeah! I'm fine. It's just... too hot in here." She said, fanning herself with her hands and looking away from the girl in front of her.

"I don't think it's that hot since the A/C is on... Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, Myoui-chan! I just need to... breathe for a little." Momo let her tired body fall into the couch.

She was telling her heart to calm down, but it didn't listen at all. Much less when Mina sat beside her, closer than she should, and when her hand landed on her leg, near her knee. Her touch made Momo tremble and look at Mina with wide eyes.

"It's not hurting, right?" Mina asked, gently caressing her knee.

It was.

"It isn't, don't worry."

Why was Mina doing that? Why was her hand still in there? She couldn't bear with her touch anymore, so she stood up all of a sudden.

"Let's go, a couple more times?"

Her mind and focus were drifting away, and the more she wanted to focus, the more her mind drifted.

The initial segment was always hard for Momo. Having to cup Mina's cheek and go too close to her face was dangerous, and much more in that situation. This time, Momo stopped and didn't continue the choreo. She kept cupping Mina's cheeks and looking straight into her eyes. Mina froze, with an obviously confused expression.

"M-Momo-senpai...?"

Her voice seemed to snap Momo back to reality, as she blinked and stepped back, wanting to punch herself.

"I'm sorry."

"Are you really sure you're okay? Please, be honest with m-"

"I'm fine. I was just distracted. Let's do it again."

This time around, there was another problem. When her jump was approaching, she tried her best to focus in order to do it correctly. She jumped, bent her legs in the air, and landed terribly bad. Her knee hurt so much with the impact she lost all the strength in her legs and fell back. Mina ran to her and squatted.

"Momo-senpai, what happened?!" She asked, placing her hand on Momo's shoulder, making her flinch with the sudden touch.

"I-I just lost my balance." She lied, trying to get up, but the pain was there again, making her stumble and fall on her .

"You're not okay! Why didn't you tell me you were in pain?! We've been through this before!"  Mina's trembling voice showed she was on the verge of crying.

"I-I'm sorry..."

Momo couldn't look her in the eyes. She knew she was going to see the one expression she couldn't see on her face. And she knew Mina had every right to be angry.

"I don't want you to be sorry! I want you to be honest with me! I asked you several times and you always said you were okay! Why are you always hiding your pain like that?! I trust you with anything, why can't you do the same with me?! It makes me feel like you don't trust me, and I feel terrible for it. What did I do for you not to trust me?" Mina exploded, letting her deep feelings out through words and tears.

Momo glanced at the girl, and looked away in the same speed. It was too painful to watch, much more so than the pain on her knee.

"Answer me!" Mina demanded, grabbing her hand.

"I-I didn't want to worry you."

"So you think it's better to hide your pain, lie to me and suffer like that? For what?!"

Momo never heard Mina's voice so loud and angry before. There were no words to answer it. She failed, once again, in keeping her promise, thinking she was doing the right thing.

"Momo-senpai..." Mina took a deep breath and sniffed. "I worry about you. You don't need to suffer alone. You can tell me how you feel and I want you to. I want you to trust me like I trust you. Why can't you?"

It was not like Momo didn't trust Mina. Momo didn't trust herself. She couldn't trust her feelings and her heart. She couldn't tell Mina how she felt. There was no way.

Momo was still facing down at her hand, squeezed by Mina's, and words were nowhere to be seen.

A hand came to caress Momo's cheek. The touch was gentle and warm, and it invited Momo to raise her head.

"I don't want to see you suffer anymore, I'm tired of it. It pains me to death." Mina said with more tears falling down from her eyes.

"Why do I always make you cry?" Momo whispered, because her strength wasn't enough for the voice to came out louder.

"Because I care for you. And I... I love you, Momo-senpai."

Momo felt her heart wanting to jump from her rib cage, and she couldn't break the stare anymore. Their eyes burned each other and a thought flashed on Momo's mind. The one she shouldn't have. But there was nothing she could do when her heart screamed that she loved Mina.

She couldn't stop herself now. Her hand moved on its own to cup Mina's cheek and wipe the tears away, while her face moved forward. Alarmingly close to hers. But Mina didn't flinch. She didn't move an inch and let Momo sin.

She let Momo's lips touch hers.

She let Momo's hand travel to her neck to pull her closer and her nails lightly scratch her skin.

She let her own lips move against Momo's.

Because Mina knew she was a sinner herself when she let Momo do it. Yet sin, to the both of them, felt right. Momo had no idea how much she wanted Mina until she tasted her soft lips. The way Mina kissed her back, with her last words on repeat in Momo's mind, just confirmed what she thought – what Momo hoped for – that Mina loved her back. There was no way she wouldn't when she kissed her back with as much passion.

Mina's hand grasped Momo's hair as she allowed the kiss to deepen. The pain in her knee was no more, and she was now sure Mina had healing powers.

In the middle of everything, Momo wondered how much better Mina's lips felt, compared to Jungwon's. How much softer, caring and tasteful Mina's lips were. And she didn't want to kiss anybody else ever again.

Momo was not herself with Mina. Her love could do what no one else could. Her love, her touch and her kiss got her looking so crazy in love.

But when Momo decided to take another step and let her hand make her way to Mina's bare low back, in an attempt to pull her into her lap, Mina abruptly let go of her and broke the kiss, staring at her eyes. Momo stared back, waiting for her to say or do something.

It was not what she expected. Mina got up, as Momo followed her with confused eyes. She picked her t-shirt and her bag and turned back, meeting Momo's eyes again.

"This... This shouldn't have happened."

It was the last thing Mina said before storming off the dance studio, leaving a stunned Momo back.

---

A/N: kekekekeke c: I wonder what's going to happen next.................... definitely not more drama
I hope you liked the chapter! Thank you for your patience with my slow updates and for your support <3