Promise

24Hours

 

Momo locked herself in her room for an hour after she and Sana got home after academy class. Sana was still clueless about the reason, so she was worried sick for her sister. As for Momo, she was frustrated and angry, with both Mina and herself. With Mina because how dare she, judging and making fun of Momo like that?! And with herself because she let Mina get into her nerves, she let Mina distract her, she let Mina know that for some reason, she does get to her. 

But, why was it Momo's fault? If Mina wasn't there, nothing would have happened. It was all Mina's fault. But, at the same time... What exactly caused Mina to have such an effect on her? 

These kind of thoughts and internal conflicts were lingering in Momo's mind since practice. She still couldn't believe they didn't record the cover because of her. But that only happened because Mina was there! So, technically, it was Mina's fault. 

Momo was going insane. She was pacing back and forth in her room, biting on her nails, grunting in frustration, almost pulling her hair out, trying to understand what went wrong and, most importantly, how to fix it. That absolutely couldn't happen whenever Mina was present. Because, well, she was going to be  there at all academy classes! And not only at the academy, but at school too! 

Oh no... Momo remembered that in the next day she was going to have Project with her again. Not only did she need to bear with her presence, she was also forced to dance with her. She felt like crying. Hell no, Hirai Momo is not going to be defeated like that. She was determined in showing Mina who she truly was. She just needed to turn her frustration into motivation. Even though that rarely worked in her favour. 

A knock on the door caught her attention. 

"Who is it?!" She yelled, and felt like the dumbest person alive. Who else could it be if not her sister?  

"I'm just going to pretend you didn't ask that question. Can I?" Sana asked from the other side. 

Momo walked towards the door with big and heavy steps, opening the door with a swift movement.  

"I made you a sandwich." Sana said with a smile, eyeing her sister carefully. She was holding a tray with a big sandwich and a cup of what seemed like orange juice.  

Momo's features softened in a split second. Yes, she had food in front of her, but it was her sister's gesture that made her almost shed a tear.  

"Sana... Thank you." She grabbed the tray and placed it on her desk. 

Meanwhile, Sana stepped in the blonde's room.  

"How are you feeling?" She asked, sitting on Momo's bed. 

"Like a mess." Momo simply answered, leaning on the desk with her , munching on that heavenly delicious sandwich.  

"Elaborate."  

Momo glared at her sister and sighed, placing the sandwich on the plate.  

"It's her! I hate her!" She ranted all of a sudden, her eyebrow twitching and her fists balled.  

"Her...?" Sana rose an eyebrow in total confusion.  

"Mina! Myoui Mina!” 

“What about her?”  

“Don’t you see how she looks at us? At ME!" Momo pointed at herself. "She’s always with that face, that..." She tried to mimic Mina's expression, straightening her lips and staring emotionlessly at the void. "That expression! I bet she was thinking like 'oh what am I doing in here with these noobs.'!" She said with a completely different voice as if she was Mina, but that voice was nothing like Mina's either. 

Sana was deeply frowning at her sister. What the hell was she saying? She was so astonished she didn't know what to say, so Momo took the chance to continue her rant. 

"And when I wasn't feeling good, did you see her worrying? No! She was just standing there pitying me and making fun of me!"  

"How do you know she wasn't worried?"  

"Because, like I said, she made fun of me. I saw her mocking my mistakes before I left." 

"So you're wrong. The first thing she did when you left the room was ask Tzuyu if you were okay and if she could do anything to help."  

"And how do you know that if you ran after me?" Momo asked, one eyebrow lifting in accusation.  

Sana calmly facepalmed, shaking her head in disbelief. 

"Can you use your brain sometimes, Momo? You become even dumber when you're trying hard to be right. Tzuyu told me. Mina was really worried about you."  

"My ." Momo grabbed her sandwich again, taking a big bite.  

"What is wrong with you? Why are you being like that? What did she do to you?" Sana was becoming angry, her voice tone raising a bit.  

"She cost us today's class because we couldn’t get the filming done!" Momo's voice also got louder. 

"How is that her fault?!" 

"It's her presence! And her judgmental look! Didn't you see, it made us make a lot of mistakes! If she wasn't there, nothing would have happened and the video would be online today!" Momo's face tensed, showing as much anger as her voice. 

Sana's chin couldn't drop any lower.  

"Momo, I don't wanna sound rude, but you were the one who made the most mistakes. I'm not blaming you!" Sana waved her hands in front of her, since Momo threw her a death glare the second she said it. "It can happen to anybody! I also messed up one try, but you're just placing the blame on the poor girl that did absolutely nothing instead of accepting your mistakes. You're not being fair at all."  

"Okay, now it's all my fault." Momo scoffed, crossing her arms. 

"I didn't..." Sana sighed, closing her eyes for a couple seconds. "I'm not blaming you, Momo, but of course it's not Mina's fault either!" 

"So whose fault was it?" 

"It's... no one's, it just happened. You weren't okay, so of course we wouldn't push you to continue when we can do it next time." 

"See, you think it was my fault!" Momo pointed at her sister accusingly, and her voice tone raised again.  

"I didn't say that!" 

"Yes you did!" 

All Sana could do was sigh again, but now she got up from Momo's bed. 

"Look, this is pointless. All you're doing is blame others and trying to make me say that you're right, but you're really not. Sorry to disappoint you." Sana opened the door, ready to leave to her own bedroom. 

"And you're just leaving because you know I'm right and you don't have anything else to say!" Momo took a step towards her sister, her voice still louder and more aggressive than necessary.  

"Enough, Momo!" Sana looked back, raising her voice as well, making Momo stop on her heels and widen her eyes.  

"See, we're even arguing because of her! It's all her fau-" 

"And stop blaming Mina for everything when she doesn't have anything to do with any of this! Own up to your mistakes for once in your life." And she left, shutting the door violently. 

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!" Momo shrieked in frustration. 

She was left alone in her room with gritting teeth and anger flowing in her veins. She couldn't believe she just fought with her sister because of her. To stop herself from grabbing the closest thing her hands could find and just throw it to the floor out of anger, Momo took another big bite on the still unfinished sandwich her sister so caringly made for her, as she releases the frustration thought tears.  

--- 

"So, you fought with Sana because of a random girl you met yesterday?" He asked, trying not to laugh.  

"It's not funny, Jungwon. But yes, that's what happened." Momo said, rolling on her bed, grabbing her phone glued to her ear. "And she's not some random girl, I said her name is Myoui Mina!" 

"Okay, I've got that already, it's like the third time you mention her name, but why is she so important?"  

"Because I hate her!"  

This time he couldn't hold the laugh.  

"How can you say you hate someone you barely know? You met her yesterday, Momo." 

"Why is everybody plotting against me?!" Momo lifted her body quickly, sitting on the bed with crossed legs.  

"No one is against you, silly. You're giving her too much importance. If you don't like her, just leave her be. No need to hate on someone that much just because." He said, trying to shove some sense in Momo's brain. 

"But it's not just because! I have my reasons, but you and Sana just don't seem to believe me..." Momo let her body fall onto the mattress again, one arm over her closed eyes. 

"I'm not saying I don't believe you, I just think you're overreacting. You know you have to deal with her almost everyday, so don't give her – and yourself – a hard time. You're just going to make it awkward with the whole class."  

"It's going to take a lot of effort." Momo said, her voice lowering. 

"So, make that effort." 

Momo sighed. But he was right. Why was Momo giving her so much importance?  

"Okay fine, I promise." 

"And you should apologize to Sana."  

"I know. She even made me a sandwich... But she should apologize to me too!"  

"She will, but someone needs to take the first step." 

"And why does it have to be me?"  

"I didn't exactly say it needs to be you, but didn't Sana kind of act like that in reaction to the way you treated her? You can't be so stubborn all the time, Momo." 

He was, once again, right. 

After the conversation with Sana, Momo reflected for some time before calling Jungwon. She always wanted to be right, but this time around it was impossible to make a case for her. Sana’s words kept on echoing in her mind. She had to learn to accept her mistakes. She had to stop blaming Mina for   everything. She understood that, but it's easier said than done.

Even if she had agreed to make an effort, she couldn't guarantee she would suddenly like her. Momo decided to give their relationship a fresh start, but still she needed Mina to prove her wrong. As for Sana, they barely fight, and Momo loathed herself for letting such a small and insignificant thing be a reason for them to fight. 

“I’ll apologize to her and make her some good food.” Momo said, sitting on her bed again. “Wanna come over and have dinner with us?” 

“Sorry Momo, it’s too late already and I need to go back to my song. Maybe tomorrow?” 

“Okay, it’s a promise! I miss you already.” She said, her voice in a cutesy sadness. 

“I miss you too, Momo-chan. Oh actually I gotta go, mom just said dinner's ready!” 

“Okay, bye, I love you.” 

“Love you too.”

---

A/N: Hello everyone! So here's a new character......... Can you guess who he is? KEKEKEKEKE I'll explain and show who he is on the next chapter keke. And Momo's making some improvements! Let's see if she can keep her promise c: