Hirai

24Hours

"Who, then?"

"The Black Swan... Myoui Mina."

 

Sana followed the direction of Momo's stare.

"Oh! That girl from Saturday, at the academy, right?"

"Y-Yes... What is she doing here?"

"Hm... Studying, like all of us here?"

Momo gave her an annoyed look but she couldn't answer as Yuta sensei talked again.

"Okay students, please, introduce yourselves."

Urgh, Momo hated those things... She never knew what to say and anything she would say would sound awkward, not like her sister. With her bubbly and outgoing personality, she was the very first to introduce herself and she obviously won everyone over. Momo was, as usual, the last one, which made her have to wait all that time in the anticipation of her turn.

"H-Hi, I'm Hirai Momo, nice to meet you..." Momo forced a smile and just wanted to bury a hole on the ground to hide herself in when she found out the red haired girl staring at her with a faint smile. Momo's heart skipped a beat and she felt her cheeks go warmer, avoiding the girl's gaze. There was something in that girl's gaze that made Momo... uncomfortable? Uneasy? Anxious? But she had no idea why.

"Very well, your turn now." Yuta said referring to the first year students.

As Tzuyu introduced herself, Momo almost puked at Sana's lovey-dovey face while looking at her girlfriend.

All rest of the students introduced themselves as well and then it was her turn. She made an effort to raise her head to look at the students, but her gaze twitched rapidly and awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with anyone at all.

"H-Hello, my name is Myoui Mina. Nice to meet you." she said with a slight bow, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Even her voice...

“Alright, now you know each other's names!” Yuta clapped a couple of times. “Okay so, I’m sorry in advance, I know it’s sudden, but I’m gonna ask each of you to dance anything you like for 1 minute! That way you can show everyone what you like and you can get to know each other's styles. It's important that you pay attention, because after that, I’m going to ask you guys to form pairs for the first assignment. You can plug in your phone on the hi-fi, or if you prefer, just dance without music. Who wants to start?”

Sana got up in a jump with her hand up in the air. She walked to the sound system and plugged her phone.

 

As the students were showing off their dance skills and styles, Momo was getting more and more nervous. Yes, she loved to dance and she didn’t have any problem with dancing for people, but she didn't like it when she felt judged. It’s really different from a performance, at least for her. And, somehow, that girl was intimidating her. The way she looked at Momo… She couldn’t understand what sort of a look was that.

Then, there were only two people left.

“So, Hirai-san, Myoui-san, who wants to go first?” Yuta asked, shifting her gaze between the two remaining girls.

Just when Momo was going to raise her hand, Mina stepped in. Yuta smiled and Mina went plugged her device in. Before she pressed the play button, she took her shoes off, catching even more eyes. Momo frowned, thinking what the hell she was doing. Was she doing it just to get attention? Then, the music started. Momo knew what it was… Ballet.

The way Mina moved… She was like a totally different person from seconds ago. Where was the shy, quiet girl? That girl there, dancing… Momo could understand where her nickname, Black Swan, came from. She just wanted time to slow down so she could properly appreciate and analyze everything about that dance. Her expression was flawless, not to mention how impossibly beautiful that Myoui girl was. Her long red hair moving and dancing along the smooth and soft body movements. Her hands, how delicate her fingers were, her feet… Everything was perfect.

One minute was definitely not enough time for anyone to fully appreciate such talent. Everyone clapped at the end, making Mina smile, embarrassed, with her cheeks red. She backed away a little and sat down near the corner of the room, next to Tzuyu.

Momo’s eyes were still glued to her. Tzuyu whispered something to Mina and she smiled. And that was the first time Momo saw her smile. And it was…

“Hirai-san? Hirai Momo?” Yuta called her for the third time, but that was the only time Momo heard his voice calling for her name, making her snap out of her weird trance. “It’s your turn now!”

Momo stood up awkwardly, feeling all eyes on her as she walked to the sound system, thinking about what song she should dance. Being the last one up, she definitely had a lot of time to think about it, but she was too absorbed in everyone's mesmerizing performances. She was surrounded with talented people.

She chose the song and skipped it until the chorus, the best part to show off her style and how good she was.

In a split second, her expression turned into full focus, forgetting about the twenty pairs of eyes on her. Then, the chorus started.

‘Hard carry hey!’

The majority of the students didn’t even know the song, since it was a KPOP boy group song, but still, as soon as she started moving she could hear the amazed exclamations from the students. Indeed, her movements her strong, clean, such impact that the students couldn’t stop their eyes from widening.

Momo tried to glance at Mina so she could see her reaction. The girl had the exact same expression as she had before, as if she was not impressed at all. That pissed Momo off, but before she could show more of her talent, the minute ended. The students and even Yuta clapped, amazed by her dancing skills. Momo stole another glance at Mina and she was clapping as well, still, the same expression on her face.

She sat down next to Sana, her breath beginning to stabilize.

“Hirai Momo, impressing all the students as always.” Sana joked, elbowing her arm.

“Not all. That girl, Myoui, all the time with that annoying expression of hers, like she’s judging me hard and like she thinks she’s better than everyone. Really, who the does she think she is?!” Momo suddenly outburst, taking Sana by surprise.

“Hey, calm down. Are you judging her like that just because she didn’t show any expression seeing your dancing? You have no idea what was going through her mind while she was watching you! And why did that bother you so much? I thought you had a thicker skin.”

Momo looked away from Sana’s judgmental stare and hissed in annoyance.

“Okay class, good job! Now the first year students are going to pick a pair from the second year class. Why don’t we start with you, Myoui-san? Who do you want to work with for your first assignment?”

She didn’t even hesitate.

“Hirai-san.”

Yuta laughed out loud.

“In case you guys didn’t notice, we have two of Hirai-san here. Sana and Momo are twin sisters. So, which of them?”

Mina cleared in embarrassment. She didn’t even pay attention to the fact that another person there had the same name as her.

“Hirai Momo.”

---

A/N: omg guys already so many subs and votes and comments and I'm only just updating the second chapter sdfuiabwiaufhsaduipga thank you so much for loving this story already!!! I must not disappoint you guys <3 sorry for the small chapter but I'll update in the next few days again!!!