Girl friends

Stay with me

"Ya, kids. Gather round, SinB got a problem." Sowon-unnie announced as we entered the practice room.

Yuju-unnie quickly asked, "Are you ok? Is there something wrong with your shoulder again?"

"No, I am fine..." I answered. "Her shoulder is starting to hurt because of the intense practice today, but that's not the major issue now. Now tell us what's going on." Sowon-unnie snapped.

"Yeah, did something bad happen? Were the netizens saying things or what? Why are you pushing yourself soooooo much?" Yerin-unnie asked, worried.

"No, nothing really..." I don't know what to say...I think I lost a fan? That's sounds silly. "Aigoo... Are our second maknae hiding things from her unnies?" Sowon-unnie asked.

"Eunbi-yah, just tell us anything!" Umji sat closer to me, my arm gently.

I sighed, how could I refuse my sisters, and to be honest, I needed somebody to talk over it with me. "How should I put it... SceneB-unnie...I mean the unnie from my fansite, she left." I was not sure if they knew who I was talking about, but unexpectedly, they all seemed to understand what I said. "Oh that unnie we saw in the airport last time? The one who takes fancams of you?" Eunha-unnie reacted fast. I nodded.

"What do you mean by 'she left'?" Yerin-unnie asked, a bit puzzled. "I mean...that unnie, she deactivated her twitter account and removed all the fancams, and I checked today, the fansite is not longer accessible too!" I told them what I discovered.

"Omo...did something happen to her?" Yuju-unnie asked. "I don't know...she didn't say anything. She just removed everything all of a sudden." I answered. They all became silent for a second, probably thinking about how to comfort me.

"What I mean is...actually what I care most is not whether I have a fansite and whether the fancams are available on youtube...I mean...I mean it hurts me to think about the reason she left!" I spilled the beans as I have already told them part of what's bothering me.

"You mean you believe it's something you did that caused everything?" Yuju-unnie has always been sensitive enought to pick up the hidden lines. "I've thought about it...maybe I just wasn't performing good enough...I..." I muttered.

"Just stop for a while over there. Let's not care about whether it really is because of you first, but answer my question. Do you think you have tried your best to perform what you have prepared on the stage?" Sowon-unnie asked. I hesitated a bit, "I guess so...but I really could have done better...you see...I watched the videos again and there are so many things that I want to do better!" I showed them the notes that I have taken.

"OK, I get it. I know you are a perfectionalist. Tell me, how many times do you have to practice before you put a tick beside each item?" Sowon-unnie asked. I thought about it, "2 to 5 times I guess?" "Did you need time for this?" she asked again. "Of course! Practice takes time..." I answered immediately.

"Yes, so I see you do know time is needed to become better." Sowon-unnie said. I see where she's leading. She added, "We all need time to improve, and we have been improving. Even if you ask manager-nim, I am sure he would tell us that we improved a lot since debut. Yes, sure we can do better, but we cannot finish the process in one short practice session. Do you understand?"

"Sorry. I guess I was being stupid." I admitted. "You don't have to apologize. We did fix quite a lot of problems today, didn't we?" Umji said cheerfully. "And we will keep it in mind that we should continue to improve, for our buddies!" Eunha-unnie added.

"Gfriend will keep on improving in the coming days, but we won't hurt ourselves. Yak suk?" Sowon-unnie asked.

"Yak suk~" shouted everyone. "Ya! Umji, you are shouting into my ear, it hurts!" Umji hugged me and we all laughed.

 

*Author's message*

I decided to use 'she' instead from now on (maybe I will change that in the previous chapters later), since it sounds more normal :p