2. Student Council (Part 2)

The 12 Things of High School

|Friday After School|

It's the day of the Student council selection. Participants are required to assemble in the gym after school. They will be chosen by their grades, social ability, and their skill in the wanted position. The former student council who are in their 3rd years are the ones who is going to select them. It turns out all 'Beam' members were all former member of the student council members. There were rumors about students who got accepted are seen by how popular and their closeness to the seniors who are selecting them. Everyone knows that 'Beam' has an exclusive groupie. They are rarely apart and only few are close to them. Right now the participants have been splited in groups of 10 according to their number and 'Beam' are standing infront of each group, 1 each as the group's leader. Zuho and Rowoon are in 1 group while Jisoo is alone in another group.

"Okay, can I have 1-10 from my left, 11-20 next to 1-10 and so on please.", Rapmon the former Student council President annouced from the stage. After they are all seated,

"I will be announcing each team leaders. group 1 will be Eunji, group 2 is Minhyuk, Group 3 Joohyuk, Group 4 Sungkyung, Group 5 Sungkyu and Group 6 is Me. Before your leader explains the activity today, I'll be telling you the rules of the selection. First, you must adress everyone even your Sunbaes with just -nim. Second, you must follow the rules. That's it. Goodluck candidates."

Zuho noticed that Sungkyung was his group leader and that Rowoon knows her.

"Ya Rowoon, aren't you close with Sungkyung sunbae?", Zuho Whispered to Rowoon.

But, just then Sungkyung was just about to come to get group 4 members. Rowoon didn't get to answer Zuho.

"Hi! I'm Sungkyung and I will be group 4's leader."

"Please take good care of us Sungkyung-nim!", Group 4 responded.

"So, before we go to our first activity I need an assistant from you guys, any volunteer?", and group 4 just stay silent. No one raised his/ her hand. Just then Rowoon thought that being Sungkyung's assistant, he might get some extra points to be a vice president. In the end he raised his hand but at the same time Choa raised her hand.

"Okay then, Would you prefer me to choose who I want for an assistant or we use the voting method.", said Sungkyung

"I prefer Sungkyung-nim to choose because Sungkyung-nim is going to work with him/her.", Zuho Suggested and the group started to agree.

"Hmm, Then I'll Choose Rowoon-nim. Let's work well together okay?", Sungkyung said

"O..okay Sungkyung-nim", Rowoon said shyly.

Choa on the other hand felt it was unfair for her because Rowoon got chosen by connection. Choa is a 2nd year known as a perfectionist. She is currently class president of 2-3, She’s very smart and dilligent but she has an arrogant and selfish personality.

Meanwhile in Jisoo’s team is mostly filled with second years. The first years are only Jisoo and B.I. Fortunately, B.I is one of Zuho’s classmate. It was kind of awkward but B.I really helped Jisoo a lot in keeping her company as her only first year friend.

“So, first on our schedule is self introduction. Each of you need to introduce your name, class, and your nick name. for example, Hi! I'm Sungkyung from 3-3 and people call me queen bee. Your nick name can be anything that describes you the best. We'll start with the person to my right.", Sungkyung said.

"Uh, My name is Chen from 2-1 and I think i resemble an Orange."

"My name is Mino from 1-5 and I like to called Dawg", Everyone laughed for a second then they continued to the next person.

"Im Hani from 2-2 and people call me honey-thighs", Hani said and then stood up to show off her honey thigh and everyone applaused.

"Hey, I'm Somi from 1-4 and I'm the cutie", then she showed a little aegyo

"Hello everyone, I'm Xiyeon from 1-3 and I'm used to be called didi, I think it suits me best."

"I'm Nayoung of 1-2 and Stone suits me best..."

"My name is Choa, I'm the class president of 2-3 and I'm mostly known as perfect. Dont forget to vote for me for Student Council President"

"kay, My name is Zuho from 1-1, and Sports are probably my main forte."

"Lastly Rowoon-nim", Sungkyung said.

"hello, I'm Rowoon from class 1-3 and I'm mostly called glasses(?)", everyone was confused but then Sungkyung giggled from the weird intonation of glasses.

Pretty much after introductions they are taken around the school. Each leader will have their own room and The assistant must visit each room in order. Each room will represent each division; sport&art, class representative, rules&manners, secretary, treasurer, and the president. Here the participants must show their skill in their wanted position. Each room will have a certain task which will measure their skill in each division. 

After the skill assesment they were sent home except for the vice president and President candidates.

"Thank you everyone for participating in the Student council selection. Now I will announce the Candidates for the student body  president position. They are chosen through out today's assesment. Number 1,Choa and Kyla. Number 2, Chen and sana. and lastly Candidate number 3, Bomi and Rowoon. Congratulation to our 3 candidates. Execept for the candidates you may go home. Thank you everyone.", Rapmon said his closing speech.

"Congrats dude, me and Jisoo will wait outside kay?", Zuho said to Rowoon.

"Okay..", Rowoon said. He still couldn't believe it. He then went to the stage for the candidate's meeting.

"So, Congrats to the candidates. You guys will be elected on wednesday so you will need prepare a speech about what will you give to the school if you become the president. You will be chosen through the student's vote directly after your speeches. Any Questions?", Said Rapmon.

Rowoon raised his hand and,"Are we allowed to do PR before our speeches?"

"Of course. Make sure you have your student's vote. That's all for today so goodluck guys.",Rapmon ended the meeting.

Right after Bomi went over to Rowoon. Bomi suggested that they meet tomorrow to organize their PR for monday and tuesday. Rowoon felt a little flustered but he agreed to meet up. Then Rowoon went out to meet Zuho and Jisoo who is waiting for him.

"Rowoonie! How was it?", Jisoo said running toward Rowoon.

"I have to meet Bomi-sunbae tomorrow.", Rowoon said with his heads down.

"Woah! nice dude. For what though?", Zuho asked.

"Preparing for our PR. But the problem is its just the 2 of us. I never went out with just a girl before."

"Aww Rowoonie, Just think about the PR what plans do you have in mind. Then it won't really feel like a date or something.", Jisoo said.

"Yeah, just act normal."

"But still.."

"Why dont we spy on you?", Jisoo suggested."Me and Zuho will disguise ourself and watchover you Rowoonie."

"I dont think thats a good idea.", Zuho said.

"It's alright Jisoo, I'll try to get over this by myself.", Rowoon said.

Then they went their seperate ways in the bus station.

 

|Next Day|

On Saturdays, Rowoon usually wakes up late. But today, by 9 am he was already ready to leave the house. His meeting with Bomi was not until 11. He arrived at their meet up place by 10, an hour early. Bomi wanted to meet in a book cafe and She asked Rowoon to bring some markers and coloring tools to the cafe. He brougt some paint, colored markers and some chalk. Waiting and waiting for Bomi, Rowoon was restless. He kept trying to be busy with things. Until finally Bomi came in burried under a cardboard box. Rowoon quickly went over to help her bring the box to their table. In the box Bomi brought poster paper colored origami and some art tools.

"Have you waited long Rowoon-ah? Sorry I'm a bit late. I went to buy those things.",Bomi Apoligized.

"Oh no Bomi-Sunbae. I just got here a few minutes ago.", Make that 75 minutes LOL.

"Did you bring what I asked to?"

"Yeah, but I didn't bring much. Is this okay.", Rowoon said handing out the coloring tools.

"Its fine. I was thinking of making a poster to be put up in the back of classes and maybe we can make some pins to handout."

"I thinks that's a great Idea but dont you think making a poster with a computer is much easier?"

"That's my point! If we made it by hand people could see our sincerity. Especially, If it's as good as computer made."

"Hmm I guess you're right. So, how many should we make Sunbae?"

"Around 15 I guess, one for each class."

"Why not we make 1 handmade one and put it up in the bulletin boards and for each class we could fotocopy our original poster?"

"I like your thinking Woon-ah!", Bomi said and Rowoon's face is suddenly flushed. Its his first time being called Woon-ah. It sounded like a special nickname for him. Then they started to make the poster. While Bomi is cutting some shapes for the poster, Rowoon took out his laptop and started typing something.

"What are you writing Woon-ah?"

"Our speech for wednesday. I had a few ideas that flew to my mind just a second ago and I typed it down incase I forgot."

"Yaaaa, You really are a great partner to have Woon-ah. I hope we could be president and VP.", Rowoon hides his face in the laptop blushing like crazy.

They kept on working on their PR project until it was around 4pm. Bomi was starting to feel bored so she suggested that we finish it at home by theirselves and Instead of going home Bomi wanted to eat some ddeokbokki, which the cafe didn't serve.

"Woon-ah, lets eat ddeokbokki!"

"Uuh"

"Come on, I don't want to eat alone."

"I don't know I need to be home..."

"My treat. Let's go", Bomi linked their arms and pulled Rowoon forcibly to accompany her to eat. Just like that, they eventually wen't out to eat ddeokbokki. Just arounf the corner there's a ddeokbokki stand along with soondae and twigim.

"Ahjusshi, 1 oil ddeokbokki and 1 ddeokbokki please.", Bomi ordered without asking what Rowoon wants.

"Bomi-sunbae.."

"What? do you want something else?"

"It's not that.."

"We'll just eat it on our way home, so you won't be late for your curvue kayy"

"Okay, but sunbae."

"What?"

"How are you going home?"

"I live around here so I can just walk"

"O..Okay. I'll walk you home then."

"oh no no no, I'm fine. Aren't you late for your curvue?"

"I was taught to never let a girl walk home by herself. My curvue is not important."

Then suddenly the ddeokbokki ahjusshi handed Bomi their food. She paid it then walked home. Rowoon quickly followed her.

"Woon-ah, Just go home. I'm fine"

"I'll go if I want to go. Anyway my ddeokbokki is in your hands how am I supposed to go?"

"Ah right, here. So you really have to take me home."

"Yup. I'm the eledest in my house and I have 2 little sisters. So, I was always taught to treat girls well."

"I see, I have an older sister. She is currently studying in Japan so it's just me and my mom."

"Your dad?"

"He is a soldier you see. He is rarely home. Just recently he was deployed so I won't be able to see him for a couple of months."

"Oh, Im sorry."

"Don't be I'm used to it."

After all that chatting, They finally arrived in Bomi's House. Rowoon sent her off waiting until she goes inside. Then Rowoon went home.