2. Student Council (Part 1)

The 12 Things of High School

Its Monday, 2 days after the try-outs. The day where the cheerleading team member are announced and the list of the names who made it to the team will be put up in the bulletin board later during lunch time, but some how many first years have gathered in front of the bulletin board since morning. Rowoon, Jisoo and Zuho didn't really care about it. They're just waiting for the first period to start.

"What's all the fuss about in the bulletin board?", asked Zuho who just came in Rowoon's class.

"Don't know cheer try-out's result are not up until lunch. Probably just someone's confess letter.", Jisoo replied.

"Or maybe someone is playing prank, lately many students tend to do that.", said Rowoon.

"Probably. Btw Jisoo, what was next in our list?", asked Zuho.

"Number 2, be a part in the student council."

"Have they started searching for new recruitments?", said Rowoon.

"Dunno, lets check it later at lunch."

"Kay, hurry and go back to class Zuho. Ms Soyou isn't really the type you can be late to.", Said Jisoo 'shoo-ing' Zuho.

"! I forgot. See you guys at lunch."

"That's Zuho for you.", said Rowoon.

"Yeah, but either way I heard that he is quite famous among the first year girls. They say he's got the 'bad boy charm' ahahahha."

"Hahahha, They should see Zuho in real life."

"Hey Rowoonie, have you finished our math homework for Mr. Taeyang?"

"Yes, you wanna borrow mine?"

"Thankies. Your the best."

And the bell Rang, signaling everybody to go to class for the first period. Jisoo and Rowoon is having English literature taught by Ms. Jessica, who is usually late to class and never assigns us homework. She's quite the student's favorite, they sometimes even in class.

Lunch time, Jisoo and Rowoon went to the cafeteria first cause Zuho's class is being lectured by Mr. Jokwon. Jokwon-ssaem really likes to talk a lot, sometimes it doesn't even make sense. Jisoo sit in their table while Rowoon went to get some food. Zuho usually just take the day's special menu. Jisoo wanted some kimbab and Rowoon didn't feel like eating much so he ordered 1 rice ball and some drinks. Just when Rowoon arrived at the table with their food Zuho came in rushing to their table.

"Guys, The student council has opened up new recruitments! Luckily I saved the three us a spot in the registration form.", Zuho said while catching his breath from rushing.

"Huh? Its up already? no wonder the cafeteria is hectic.", Said Jisoo.

"How many recruitment are opened? and how many participates?", asked Rowoon.

"So they will be accepting 15 new members. They will be accepting each 2 members for all 3 Division. there is an sport&arts division, Manners&rules Division, and the class representative division. Sport&art division is basically where we maintain our school's talent and lead the sport and arts club to join competitions. Manners&rules, from its name we have the responsibility to make sure students here have manners and follow the rules. We will also act as a judge when someone did something wrong an needed to be brought to the court. Class representative division, They will be the one who holds the students opinion and relay them to the council. Other than being in divisions, the new main council is also being recruited, which consists of the student body president, vice president, secretary and treasurer. The president has to be in his/her 2nd year and must find a first year partner as their vice. There will be 2 secretaries and 2 treasurers. Each need to consist of 1 first year and 1 second year. For the participants they are limited to 60 participants. We got number 39 to 41. So close right?", Zuho explained.

"So, we get to choose what position we want?", Asked Jisoo.

"What if we dont want to be the 2nd year's partner?", Asked Rowoon.

"Why dont you both see it for yourself. I'm really hungry here. Both of you have been eating throughout my explanation."

"Okay, Okay, we'll see it together after we all finished eating.",said Jisoo.

After finish eating, the three of them went to see the bulletin board. luckily its not as crowded as it was before cause everybody is now in the cafeteria to eat. The board was quite a mess. Many clubs are starting to put up their accepted members. Jisoo who was looking at the student council announcement, suddenly thought about the cheerleading try-outs result. She was looking for the annoucement but couldn't find it.

"What are you looking for?", said Rowoon.

"The cheer try-out result."

"Maybe its hidden under another annoucement.", suggested Zuho.

and they start to flip the papers to find the try-outs result. The bulletin board is not that big so many are piled against each other. Just then Rowoon found a pink paper and it shows those who got accepted in the cheerleading club. He quickly showed it to Jisoo. Unfortunately Jisoo didn't make it to the team but she was accepted in the sub-team, But she didn't feel sad at all. She was happy enough that she was accepted in the club. 

"Congrats miss cheerleader.", said Zuho.

"Thanks, I'm so happy I'm in the club. If it weren't for you guys, i wouldn't have made it through thanks guys.", Jisoo said while pulling both of them into a group hug.

"Oh, I forgot. These are the position paper for the student council recruitment. You need to hand it in by wednesday.", Zuho said while handing them a small piece of paper each.

After school they went to Cojjee to discuss the positions they will take. Rowoon is pretty timid but he really wanted to be the president but since its allowed for 2nd years, he thought that at least he could be the vice president.

"What if I apply for the vice president position?", Rowoon said.

"dfjhkshjlk, you sure? do you know any of our sunbaenims to your partner?", Zuho said nearly choked his coffee.

"Except for Sungkyung-sunbae, none."

"She's in her 3rd year. She cant be your partner.", Jisoo said.

"I guess I'll just wait until someone asks me to be their partner then."

"What position your gonna choose Jisoo?", asked Zuho

"I'm going for the secretary or not the class representative."

"Nice, I guess its obvious that I want the Sport&art division. Thats the only thing im good at ahahah."

They all laughed and after discussing their position they went home. Rowoon is still worried that he won't have a partner for the president and vice president position. He thinks about it all night and by morning he wasn't able to catch some sleep. He was very sleepy in class which is very unlikely of him. He is the dilligent type to begin with and the teachers know him well for being that way. In the middle of Ms. Chaerin's class he dozed off with his eyes opened and when he was called he didn't respond until Jisoo suddenly back-kicked his table waking him up. He wakes up in an instant and stood up.

"I guess your dazing off to the air huh?", Ms. Chaerin said.

"I'm Sorry ssaem."

"This is so unlike you Rowoon-ah. Why dont you go to nurse's office and have rest there. Your face doesn't look so well"

"Okay ssaem, Excuse me."

And he left for the nurse's office. Jisoo started worrying if Rowoon is alright. On the other hand Rowoon is pretty much slumping to the nurses office to get a rest letter to rest in the infirmary. Sadly the nurse is out meeting with a student's parent and the student in charge of the infirmary is handling someone. He knew that from the paper on top of nurse's table. He started to wait and wait, but its taking too long. He decided to nap a little, so he bend half of his body to the table and sleep. Not long after, the student in charge is back. She saw a unfamiliar silhouette in front of nurse Dasom's table. She went closer to see who it is and Rowoon was still unknown to her. Instead of waking him up she decided to let him rest there for a while until the nurse Dasom comes in. She sat in the nurse's chair acroos Rowoon. She kept an on Rowoon and she thought 'what a peaceful face'. Rowoon was asleep as a baby. The student in charge kept examining Rowoon's face and She saw Rowoon's tie color that hit her 'He's a first year. No wonder I didn't know him.' She was trying to peak at his name tag but then, The burse came in.

"Bomi-yaa!"

"Shh, someone is sleeping ssaem."

"eo? who is?"

"A first year. he was already asleep when I came in. so cuute><"

"Aigoo, Why dont go back to class Bomi-nim? I can take from here."

"But, ssaeeem"

"Nope. dont worry I'll tell what class he is in when I find out", Dasom said and whispered to Bomi's ear.

"THANK YOU SI MUCH SSAEM!!", said Bomi and she left the room.

Dasom started to wake Rowoon up by tapping his back.

"Wake up! Haksaeng (Student)"

"hmm..mmh..." Rowoon started to open his eyes. He stood up and bowed to Dasom.

"I'm sorry ssaem. I was waiting for the nurse and without knowing I fell asleep. I'm sorry."

"Its Okay, You must be really tired. Are okay now?"

"My head is still a little heavy."

"Okay, I'll give you some meds later. why dont you rest now.", Dasom said writing a letter.

"Thankyou ssaem. "

"Name and class?"

"Rowoon, from class 1-3"

"Okay, here's your letter. I'll let you rest until Lunch then you go back to class."

Rowoon took the later and bowed to Dasom befor he left for the Infirmary. He took the bed near the window. Because he is so sleepy, he lay himself on the bed without closing the curtains. He slept soundly through out 3rd period. On lunch time, Jisoo went to get Zuho in his class. 

"Zuho!"

"Well this is an unusual presence."

"Let's get our lunch and eat in the infirmary."

"Why? Where's Rowoon btw?"

"Duh, Let's go! before the cafeteria is crowded."

Then both of them get each other some burritos, to make it easier for them to eat in the infirmary. When they arrived, they Rowoon sleeping by the window withou tucking himself.

"That babo. He must be stressed out.", Said Zuho.

"Stressed out?"

"In middle school something similar happened. It turns out he was stressed about being class president. He always have a mind of a leader and he was afraid that he won't do well as it."

"Oooh, What is he stressed about this time?"

"Why don't we find out. ROOOWOOON-AAAAAH!"

Zuho shouted trying to wake him up and in second he woke up. He opened his eyes slowly but his visions are still a little blurry. He positioned himself to sit.

"Who?"

"Its me, and Jisoo.", Zuho said.

"Oooh, sorry guys I'm still a little hazy from sleep."

"We got you a burrito. We thought you migt be hungry.", Jisoo said while handing him a burrito.

"Thanks how bout you guys? have you eaten?"

They showed their packed burrito,"Were eating with you.",They both said in unison. Then all three laughed and ate together while chatting what happened in class as usual.

Meanwhile, Dasom went to class 2-4 in search of Bomi. She was going to tell her some good news bout Rowoon, but she wasn't there. Some students said that she was walking around the first year's hallway. 'That girl really is as gullible as ever. She should have waited for me.' Dasom thought. So, Dasom went to where she was and saw her walking back and forth like an Idiot. Dasom went after her and hit her head slightly.

"Aigoo, aren't you capable to wait a bit?", Said Dasom

"Owww SSAEM, I wasn't looking for him. I was looking for candidates to be my partner for the council."

"He'll be perfect for your partner. Why dont we chat in my office?"

"Okay ssaem." and so they went to Dasom's Office.

"Okay, So his name is Rowoon. He is from class 1-3.", Dasom said

"If its just that i can just ask him myself."

"He is a straight A student since middle school. People say that he's kinda shy but lately his friends have been helping him gain confidence. He is usually a trio with Zuho and Jisoo. aaaaand He is going for vice president but doesn't have a partner."

"Jinjja ssaem?"

"Perfect isn't he?"

"Almost too perfect. But, do you think he wants me as his partner?", asked Bomi.

"He doesnt know any seniors in the 2nd year. He's pretty much hopeless in finding a partner."

"Where do you get this informations ssaem?"

"I have my student and teacher resources of course. Now go! He's in the Infirmary."

"Alright ssaem. Thank you for everything.", said Bomi and she bowed to Dasom before leaving. Bomi ran to the infirmary but then stopped at the door. She polished herself a bit, re-tied her hair to make it tidy and  finally enters the room.

"Excuse me.", Said Bomi. but then she saw Jisoo and Zuho.

"annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim.", Jisoo and Zuho bowed noticing her red colored tie.

"Annyeong! I'm Yoon Bomi the student in charge of the infirmary.", She introduced herself.

"I'm Jisoo, this is Zuho and Rowoon is the one who's sick."

"I see, why dont you two go back to class? I need to talk to Rowoon for a bit."

"Okay Sunbanim, see you later Rowoon-ah", Zuho said while pushing Jisoo out.

"Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim.", Rowoon greeted her.

"Just call me Bomi-sunbae. Have you taken your meds?", Bomi said while sitting at Rowoon's side of the bed.

"No, I have just ate a while ago."

"hmm, okay. Make sure to take the meds."

"alright Bomi-sunbae."

"Rowoon-ah, I heard that you are going for vice president."

"Yeah, but I don't really have a partner for the president position."

"I'm going for President this year. Why don't you partner up with me?"

"uhh that will be great. Thanks Bomi-sunbae."

"Thank you too Rowoon. Let's be close okay?", Bomi asked handing out her hand for a handshake.

"Okay, Bomi-sunbae.", Rowoon said shaking his hand.

On the Other hand, Jisoo felt there was something fishy with Bomi who suddenly showed up. Zuho was completely fine with it. he thought that it was her job to do so. She was just feeling jealous but didn't want to admit it.