1. Be a Cafeteria Kid

The 12 Things of High School

First on their list were being a cafeteria kid. The purpose was to basically make Rowoon eat good food but, being a cafeteria kid also means lots of people will see you and not only first years, the whole school mights practically see you there. So the next day, they tried to do the first thing on their list.

"Guys, Let's go! break time isn't forever you know.", Zuho shouted out to Jisoo and Rowoon from their class door.

"Give us a sec, Rowoonie come on. We agreed to do this right?", Jisoo tried to persuade Rowoon.

"Uhh.. I dont think I'll Like it there. I'll just eat from the vending machine(Cause its in front of his class)."

"Come on!", Jisoo pulled him out and forced him to the Cafeteria. Luckily Zuho found an empty seat for them to sit, While Rowoon and Jisoo queue in line. Zuho asked them to get him a burrito. The line wasn't that long but students are so long at choosing a menu. In the end, Jisoo got all three a burrito each to save their time in choosing a menu.

"Well that was fast.", Zuho ironically said.

"You try queueing on that line.", Jisoo said in annoyment(?)

"Thanks anyway. So Roowon-ah, what do you think?",

"Uhh.. Its not bad but, being here alone is totally a no go."

" Don't worry, we're going to be Cafeteria kids right?"

"Yeah, all 3 of will go everyday, so you wont be alone Rowoonie.", Said Jisoo.

Rowoon for the first time felt it was nice to have a group of friend instead of just a friend. Ever since, they pretty much went to the cafeteria everyday, every break. The three of them claim a seat just for the three of them. The same old place in the corner of the room near the Cafeteria door with 4 seats, they use their empty seat to claim the place named it theirs. Their seat has the prespective to see the whole cafeteria and is the closest to the line.

 

"What do you wanna get?", Jisoo said offering to queue.

"Black burger!", Zuho said.

"I'm gonna have the rice balls and cider please.", Rowoon said.

"Kay be right back.", Jisoo left and started queueing.

"It's nice like this", Rowoon admitted.

"I know right. I really like our trio."

"Jisoo turned out to be okay than I thought."

"You thought?", Asked Zuho.

"Yeah, I thought she's just some pretty girl who keeps wanting attention."

"She does have the face to be in the pretty community but she's way cooler than those fakers."

Just across their table lies the pretty community. It consists of the rich and pretty girls of the school, but their personality are not as good as their looks. They are very arrogant and like to judge people. They act like spoiled brat just because they have the money. 

"Here you go guys.", said Jisoo who just arrived with their lunch.

"Thanks Jisoo.", They both said and eat their food.

 

Being Cafeteria kids, other than eating in the Cafeteria they also observed the students of the school. There were some groupies. The pretty community of course, the school's team, even when Zuho was also a member but he rarely hangs out with them, the otaku nerds, and lastly 'Beam'. Beam is a title made by the students of the school. This so called Beam consists of the most popular kids in school : Lee Sungkyung the queenka of the school, Nam Joohyuk the Kingka of the school, Sungkyu and Eunji the Vocalist of the School's band, Minhyuk the athlete, and of course Rapmon the smartest student on the whole school. 

"So, have you guys decided what club to choose? I think I'm gonna go with the basketball team.", Zuho said. Previously They were given a trial to try some clubs they're interested in and by the end of the month they are supposed to choose 1 for the whole high school year so they really need to choose carefully.

"um.. I think Cheerleading suits me best so im sticking with that. and you Rowoonie?"

"I'm going to join the broadcasting club i guess."

"WHOAA! SERIOUSLY?!?!", Jisoo and Zuho said in shocked. 

"Yeah, I want to change and since the broadcasting club requires a lot of talking it might help me gain confidence.", Rowoon explained.

"Nice, good luck Rowoon-ah", (\^-^/) said Zuho.

After their meal they went walking around the halls. Then they saw alot of people gathering in front of the school's bulletin board. Most of them are first years so they stop by to see. It turns out to an annoucement for the cheerleading Try-outs that is going to held tomorrow after school. Jisoo fel so nervous knowing that is just a day away and she was supposed to dance to a choreo made by the cheer captain which will be learned on the spot. Seeing Jisoo's face suddenly darken Rowoon had an Idea. So, he whispered to Zuho, 'Why not we take her out to eat cake in the cafe nearby after school to cheer her up and tomorrow lets cheer her on in the gym'. Zuho agreed to do so.

"Jisoo, Why dont we go to the cafe that just opened after school? my treat.", Zuho said.

"Sure, I guess.", and she left going back to class.

"Well that worked well.. what should we do now?", Zuho said.

"hmm..Lets just see what happen at the cafe then we'll try cheering her up"

"Kay see you later dude." and Zuho went back to class. On the way to Rowoon's class he thought what could have made Jisoo down in the dumps.

 

Rowoon's POV

Is she nervous of tomorrow? She's never like this. Usually when there's something up tomorrow she's chill. Why feel down so suddenly Jisoo. When I entered the class I saw her playing with her phone like she was looking for something. Cause she was so serious, I just sat down in my seat without talking to her. I peaked a little to see what she was searching for. Shoes, Cheerleading shoes. I guess she didn't have one. Then she suddenly stopped at one picture :

Related image

"That one  is nice.", I said.

"Yeah, I also like it a lot. But, it's quite expensive. I guess I'll have to save some money first. I'll buy it later if i get accepted in the team."

"You will be in the team. You're good!"

"Thanks Rowoonie."

Then the bell rang and I finally found a way to cheer Jisoo up.

 

No one's POV

After school they are going to the cafe. Its called 'Cojjee' and it served 3d Latte art and cakes.

"What would you like to have Jisoo?", Asked Zuho.

"I'll have the pikachu latte and new york cheese cake please."

"I'm going to have a triple shot americano please. You?", Zuho said asking Rowoon.

"uuh.. get me anything, I'm going out to the bank. be right back.", Rowoon said suddenly fleeing out the cafe.

"okay, he'll have lychee tea please.", Zuho said to the cashier.

"What's that about? is he okay?"

"Nahh, he's okay. lets sit here."

"okay"

Rowoon did actuallt went to the bank to check his balance on his card. Then he went to the nike store beside the bank. He thought that Jisoo is sad because she didn't have cheerleading shoe's for the Try-outs. He decided to buy one for her. Coincidencely there was a pair that looks exactly as the picture in Jisoo's phone. While back in the cafe

"Thank you! Jisoo, Why are so down after the announcement of the cheers try-out. Problems?", Zuho asked frontally.

"Yeah, you know I'm not Rich right? and lately my dad been in and out of the hospital, so I can't really afford buying new shoes for cheers. I'm afraid of them judging me doing the dance without cheerleading shoes.", Jisoo confessed.

"I think your skill is what counts. If your as good as the girls with cheerleading shoes when you're only wearing normal sport shoes, that makes you more skillful than those handicapped with shoes. dont you think so?"

a moment of silence. Jisoo never really saw it in that point of you. She was affected by the other girls talking about what to wear and what would they look like infront of the seniors. She felt that her appearence as more important.

"I never really thought about it that way. Your right."

"don't be fed up by the girl's talk. Our school's girls always like to look every day every hour until their makeup is as thick as my bagel."

"ahahahaha, so I suppose i'm not our school's girls to right?"

Suddenly someone came in the cafe towards their table. It was Rowoon bringing a shopping bag.

"I guess you went shoppinh huh?", asked Zuho

"Uh, I stopped by the store going to the bank. Jisoo, this is for you.", Rowoon said handing the bag.

"What for? its not my brithday."

"I thought that you were sad because you cant get the shoes for you cheer try-out. I hate seeing down in the dumps, so I bought one for you."

"NO WAY! ROWOONIEEE I LOVE YOU SO MUCHHH THANKYOUUUU", Jisoo shouted so loud that the whole cafe is pretty much staring at her.

"no problem, I just tought it might help you be happy again."

"YOU THINK? I love it sooo much. Its exactly what I wanted and just the right size. You really didn't have to go through this. I kinda feel bad right now."

"No worries. As long as your happy is fine."

"Dude, how much did it cost?", Zuho whispered to Rowoon.

"500,000 won (About 450 dollars).. Is it too much?"

"Damnn, that's a lot. how much was your allowance again?"

"700,000 won a month."

"No wonder you could buy it for her. Anyway she looks brighter than ever now."

"Yeah, I hope she stays like that."

After hanging for another hour in the Cojjee they went home. Jisoo and Zuho went home by bus together. After seeing them off, Rowoon walked home.

 

|the next day|

It was the day of the cheer try-outs and also the last day to hand in the club form. Rowoon choose the broadcasting club and Rowoon ended up choosing Baseball instead of basketball. Unlike yesterday, Jisoo is pretty chill. She wasn't nervous to go to the try outs. At lunch, all three went for the same menu, ddeokbokki. Its like a goodluck charm or jinx for them, So Jisoo could be in the team.

After school, students who are going to join the try-out are annouced to gather in the gym. Rowoon and  Zuho are planning to see Jisoo there, but before that Rowoon and Zuho made some cheering signs for Jisoo in secret.

Zuho and Rowoon arrived at the gym and it was already packed. Turns out the dance club was also having a try-out there. They didn't managed to get a seat so they stood up by the bleachers. The participants are practicing and memorizing the routine given. Rowoon and Zuho finally spotted Jisoo. She wore a white t-shirt with a logo of a finger heart and blue skirt with black shorts underneath to match up with her shoes. She tied her hair into a high ponytail and wore a white bandana. The gym is already crowded with the participants, the supporters added more noises. Its almost Jisoo's turn, Zuho and Rowoon shouted together to get her attention.

"KIM JI SOO!! FIGHTING!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!"

hearing that Jisoo spotted them, wave a hand and went up front for her turn. By her performance, she practiced a lot and memorized pretty much all the moves. Not only Rowoon and Zuho, a lot of people are cheering for Jisoo in her performance. Many people started to recognize, not just because of her beauty but also her skill in cheerleading.

The moment it ended, the whole gym pretty much screamed and shout rooting for Jisoo. After finishing her performance with a bow she quickly ran towards Rowoon and Zuho and gave both of them a hug.

"Good job Jisoo.", Said Rowoon.

"You were good up there, I even saw lots of guys checking you out. you little princess.", Zuho teased Jisoo.

"Shut up! I'm so tireed. Let's go for a drink."

"How bout Juice?", Rowoon said

"Call, I need something refreshing."

"Then Jamba Juice it is. Let's go dudes", Zuho said pulling both of them.

"ehemm..dude?"

"and dudettes.", Zuho quickly corrected it and they went off to the Juice bar.