Chapter 9

It’s not that simple

I walked to my own school after I saw Sarah walk in hers. I had a minute before the bell would ring so I ran through the hallway, trying to find my classroom. “21…22….23….24….25!” I mumbled to myself as I stared at the different nameplates. I stopped in front of classroom 25.

I opened the door with a little too much force so it slammed against the wall. I was lucky that there wasn’t a teacher present yet because I would probably get detention for being careless with school property. I cursed and checked the wall behind the door for damage. I sighed out of relief when I didn’t find anything out of place. I turned around only to see every single student staring at me with wide eyes. I awkwardly cleared my throat “Sorry” People continued to stare. Well this is awkward… I hate being the center of attention. “You can continue doing your own stuff. Staring is rude ya know?” I spoke while glaring at everyone.

I ignored the looks BTS gave me as I walked to my seat. Even when the lesson started, I could feel them steeling glances at me during class. There is no way they are going to leave me alone now that they saw my bruise. It’s not even a big deal to me, I’m used to it anyway, but the fact that Sarah saw the bruises kills me inside. I hate the fact that she saw that. I brought her here so she would never have to see these things anymore.

The ringing of the bell brought me out of my thoughts. Finally class is over, I’m already exhausted. I winced as I sat up straight, the bruise on my back has been killing me. I put my books in my bag and stood up but someone grabbed my hand. I looked up and saw Hoseok looking at me. The smile that I once thought was annoying was nowhere to be found.

He looked so serious. “Jane we need to talk with you. I don’t care if you hate us. We care about you and you are going to tell us who hurt you.”

Uhh no?

They took me outside the classroom in the hallway. We were standing in front the lockers and BTS surrounded me so I had no chance of escaping.

“Jane please tell us who did this. We really do care and want to help. We want to be your friends.”

“I don’t have to tell you anything. why would I tell you?” Namjoon looked irritated but I saw a hint of concern.

“Jane! What the hell is going on? Are you in an abusive relationship? When you walked in class on the first day, it was clear that someone had punched you. Now you have a huge bruise on stomach and according to that little girl, you have one even bigger on your back? If you’re not going to tell us what’s going on, we’ll go to principal.”

! If the principal knows about this, he is going to keep asking me about this. If he finds out that I ran away from home, he will dig in my files until he knows everything. If he finds out I’m taking care of a young child on my own, they will take Sarah away from me!

I glared at them. “Fine. I will tell you what happened. But! Don’t tell anyone! Understood?”

“We promise.”

“And don’t you dare pity me! I hate that.” They nodded so I led them outside where nobody was. It was snowing outside, beautiful. If I wasn’t about to reveal my biggest secret, I would be happy to be here. What a pity. I saw a big tree with a circle-shaped bench around it. I brushed the snow off and told them to sit down.

My breath vaporized as I sighed. I started telling about the anonymous man, who harassed me and caused the bruises to appear. I talked about the way he touched me and that when I fought back, he turned violent. They looked at the ground when I told the story.

“So that’s why Sarah thought one of you could be the man from last night. Sorry for that by the way.”

They already had a pitiful look on their face. I knew this was going to happen. It’s exactly why I never told anyone about my situation. I just don’t want to be treated any different just because my life .

“But, who punched you? On the first day of school you had a busted lip and everyone could see that you were punched.”

I knew exactly what Jimin was talking about. I felt tears welling up as I thought of him. I quickly blinked away my tears. Don’t. Cry. He doesn’t deserve to be cried over.

“I can’t tell you.” I whispered. “Jane please.” Taehyung spoke with pleading eyes. “We will help you. We can protect you. Did your boyfriend do it?” I looked at each of them. They looked like they really cared. They wore the same look that Jungkook always wore when I told him about the things he did to me. God I miss him so much. I hated how they reminded me of him. Anger bubbled up inside of me as I thought of my dad and all the sick things he did to me.

“I wish it was my boyfriend! Then I could just break up with him.. but it’s not that simple! You can’t break up with your family because they will always have a little home in your heart. I hate myself for that.” Tears were streaming down my cheeks as I spoke. Everyone was surprised at my outburst. I was shaking and felt so weak at that point. I fell to my knees and whispered. “You can’t break up with your dad.”

I flinched when I felt someone’s arms around me. The only people who ever hugged me are Jungkook and Sarah. I can barely remember the last time my father hugged me. He let go and I looked up to see Jin looking at me, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. Everyone was standing around us. I wiped away my tears and continued talking.

“H-h-he beat me. He’d drink his own pain away so he could pass it over to m-me. He became an a-a-alcoholic after my mom’s death. He b-beat me every ing time he came back from some bar! I’m so ing tired, my body is always sore. I had to drag myself to school every day. Always trying to cover up all the bruises he left on me. He’s a ing selfish man! Acting as if I wasn’t feeling the same way he was. Inflicting p-p-pain on another person because he couldn’t bare his own.” I kept stammering due to the tears that formed in my eyes.

I didn’t care that my jeans were getting wet because of the snow and continued talking.

“I had to lock up my little sister in the closet so he wouldn’t touch her. I always found her terrified and sobbing when I opened the closet door. Can you imagine what she went through? As a little six-year-old, being locked up in your closet, while your drunk dad is beating up your sister. The poor girl is so strong.”

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. I stood up and looked at the six boys. After Jin stood up and brushed the snow of his pants, I continued.

“So I came to Korea, to start a new life without pain and fear. The little girl I was walking with today, is my sister. My dad doesn’t know I’m here so you can’t tell anyone I’m here! He still has legal custody over us. He probably won’t search for us but if he does find us, I don’t know what he will do to us. You can’t tell the principal either! If you do, he will inform child services that I’m taking care of a six-year-old by myself and they will take Sarah away from me.”

I fell to my knees again and took hold of the hands of the person who stood in front of me, who happened to be Namjoon’s. “Please don’t tell anyone! They will take away Sarah! I can’t lose her, she’s all I have…”

“We promise we won’t tell anyone. We’re so sorry you had to go through all of that.” I let go of Namjoon’s hands and immediately hugged him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and for the first time in a long time, I felt safe. “Thank you so much.” I whispered. My body shook as I let out the tears that I have been holding ever since I came to Korea.


Author's note: It's been over a week since the last update so here is a new one! This one is a little longer than usual, I hope you like it! Please comment and subscribe if you like the story so far! I would appreciate it very much! By the way, sorry for the swearing in this chapter but Jane was upset and I personally swear when I'm really upset. (to be honest, I swear a lot more than the characters in this story so I try not to use swearwords but this won't be the last time that I'll use them hehe) 

Anyway i just discovered you can put gifs in your story (Blame my slow brain) so I'm just going to annoy/bless you with these. I love them but I don't know about you.

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bts gif funny

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bts gif funnyAfbeeldingsresultaat voor bts gif funny

Sorry not sorry I just love theseee! Okay I'm out!