Chapter 5

It’s not that simple

“What happened to your lip? Did you get in a fight or something?”


What do I say? I looked at him and said “I just fell.” He looked displeased with my answer. “Stop lying.” A guy with dimples spoke up. “Excuse me?” I raised an eyebrow at him. “You didn’t fall. You clearly got punched. What happened?” I was surprised that a guy who didn’t even know me thought he had the right to ask me that. It irritated me. “None of your business, by the way, class started already so why don’t you just shut your mouth and turn around.” Wow I was shocked at how mean I sounded and immediately regretted saying that. He didn’t look mad though, he looked worried. I decided to avoid these guys from now on, I have a feeling they will put their nose in my business and that’s just annoying.

Class ended so I started putting my books in my bag. I felt that people were standing around my table so I looked up and stared into 6 annoyingly happy faces. I noticed that I found it irritating when people were happy. Maybe irritated isn’t the right word, perhaps jealousy. It sounds horrible but it’s not like I don’t want them to be happy, it’s just that when I see those type of people I just get this irritated feeling. Why do they deserve to be happy? What did I do wrong to have my own happiness stolen from me? 

“You want to come sit with us?” a short guy with a cute smile asked. “Uh no thanks….” “Jimin!” smiley-dude finished my sentence. I guess that is his name. They started introducing themselves. “My name is Namjoon” dimple-guy said “This is Hoseok, Jin, Taehyung and Yoongi.” Jimin asked again as I started standing up “So are you going to sit with us?” 3 years ago I would have been excited that someone wanted to hang out with me but I honestly don’t want to get attached to anyone. I’m a burden, plus I don’t even know how long I'll stay here. It all depends on my father.

“Sorry I prefer sitting alone.” I started walking away “Come on” dimple-guy spoke “We just want to be friends with you.” I turned around and looked at them

“I’m not here for friendships, I don’t need them. Don’t worry though. I’m not a very fun friend. I don’t have time to hang out with people and pretend that I like them just so I can act like I’m not lonely. I will eventually leave you behind without a word. I’ve done it before. So let’s make this easier for everyone. You leave me alone and I won’t break your heart” I left with that.

“I don’t know about you guys but I’m not going to give up. She doesn’t look happy. We have to help her.” Hoseok said as Jane walked away. Everyone agreed. “She looks like she’s hurt.” Jin said. They all nodded.


Jane POV

I walked in the cafeteria and grabbed a tray. I put food on it and searched for a place to sit. The groups were easy to separate from each other. You had the ‘popular girls', who wore tight clothing and lots of make-up. They had this aura of arrogance around them.

Not very inviting.

Then there were the ‘popular guys’. Basically good-looking players who make girls think they’re loved by them only to crush their hearts the day after.

No thanks.

Then you had the nerds. I am not even trying to be mean when I use the word ‘nerd’. It just means that you’re smarter than the rest, which is a good thing.

But talking about science homework and math equations isn’t really my thing.

There were a few ‘normal’ looking people, who already look like they’re very close with each other.

Not going to bother them.

I started walking to an empty table. As I walked past the mean girls’ table I felt a foot trying to hook mine. I stepped over it and slammed my tray on the girls’ table. It was loud so the whole cafeteria became quiet and stared at me and the girls.

“Look, this is my first day of school and I would really appreciate it if I could end it with clean clothes.”

The 'leader' looked surprised that I didn’t fall but quickly changed her expression to a confident one. “Or else? You think I’m scared of you?” I smirked at her “Prove you’re not scared of me then.” She looked hesitant but her ‘friends’ told her to go on. She stood up and walked towards me.

“You better stop hanging out with BTS!” I rolled my eyes. I wasn’t afraid at all.

“Who is BTS?.”

Her jaw dropped. “Who is BTS? Are you kidding me? They are these amazing guys! They are kind but handsome. They are attractive but they aren’t heartbreakers. They’re basically perfect.” She got excited by just talking about them.

“They sound like great guys.” I said with a bored expression. “I suggest you confess before you get obsessed with them. Perhaps it’s a little too late for that…”

I turned but she grabbed my sleeve. I grabbed her hand and threw it off of me. “Don’t touch me!.” I hissed and I patted my sleeve as if she rubbed dirt on it. “I’m not obsessed!” She screamed. I snorted as I looked around obviously bored with her.

“You’re going to pay for saying that!”

She raised her hand as I smiled at her mockingly.

 

*SLAP!* The sound echoed throughout the silent cafeteria. I heard gasps from multiple people. I laughed, everyone was confused. It didn’t hurt at all, she wasn’t strong. “You slap like a five-year-old.” Her satisfied look changed quickly and got replaced by a very angry one.

“You , I bet you just want to sleep around with BTS!” *SLAP!* She hit me again but harder. She then smiled thinking she hit me very hard. Pathetic. I took a step closer.

“Are you done? I honestly don’t understand how people find pleasure by using violence. It’s sick that you are smiling right now. I honestly feel bad for you so I won’t hit back but I do hope you won’t bother me again because I don’t have time for your bull. Goodbye.” I turned around to leave but remembered something. “By the way don’t you dare call me a . I’m not the one here that would jump in Jimin’s bed if he’d ask me to.” I left her with hanging open. I smirked as I exited the cafeteria. That'll teach you not to mess with me.

Back in the cafeteria

Everything was quiet. The girl who slapped Jane was still standing there, shocked and embarrassed. Everyone was surprised by how calm Jane was. Hoseok is the first to talk. “What the Mandy?!” (girl who slapped Jane)

BTS approached her. Namjoon started talking. “Why the hell did you hit her!” The group then walked past her and her friends glaring at her, leaving comments like “Are you crazy?” and “You need help”. It was harsh but this wasn’t the first time she behaved like this towards girls who hanged out with them. She had to be taught a lesson. That was however not the only reason they said those things. They all had this strong feeling that they had to protect Jane and since she hurt her, they were beyond pissed.They exited the cafeteria afterwards.


Jane POV

Well awesome, I’m only here for a few hours and I already have an enemy. Love school man. I decided to go to my last class because I didn’t want her to think I’m scared. I walked in my math class and sat down in the front of the class. I’m not very good in Math but I never failed it. 

“Psst”

I ignored it.

“PSSSSSST!” Okay someone is deflating or something. I look behind me and see BTS looking at me. They still won’t leave me alone?

“Hey are you okay? I have some tire-repair stuff in my backpack.” I said. Namjoon, who was the one trying to get my attention, gave me a ‘really dude?’ look. The rest of the guys snorted with laughter.

Yoongi spoke “Are you okay? Mandy hit you pretty hard.” I scoffed. “I’m fine, it was a pathetic slap. But I thought I made it clear to you guys? I don’t want your sympathy and I don’t want to talk to you so please let’s just pretend that we’ve never seen each other before.” I turned around and they stopped talking so I guess it worked.


The school bell rang so I quickly left to pick up Sarah. I was completely unaware that I was being followed by 6 idiots. I walked outside in the chilly weather while putting on my gloves. It was snowing so I was in a relatively good mood. I smiled when I saw the gate of my sister’s school. I wanted to see her cute smile and be filled with the warm feeling I get when she hugs me. I was early so the bell hadn’t rung yet. I waited outside where the other parents were waiting.

Behind a bush

“OUCH dude your standing on my foot!” “Taehyung get your out of my face!” “Why are we hiding behind such a tiny bush?” “Guys I just broke my sunglasses.” “Why are you wearing sunglasses in the winter?” “Duh were spying on someone. I HAVE to wear sunglasses! Yoongi can you fix them?” ”No.” “Silence! She might hear us” “Sorry Jin” Hoseok spoke “Why is she standing by a school for young children?” “I don’t know. I saw her this morning and she was walking and singing with a little girl. Maybe it’s her sister.” Namjoon said while trying to fix his sunglasses. “Oh look a little girl is walking towards her!” “Taehyung don’t be so loud!” “Sorry” they saw Jane looking in their direction and they duck behind the bush. “She totally saw us!” “O my god she is gonna kill us for sure!”

Jane POV

I saw Sarah walking up to me and I smiled at her. Now that I see her I realise how much I missed her.

“Oh look a little girl is walking towards her!” Wait… that sounded like that tae-dude. What was his name? Taehun? “Taehyung don’t be so loud!” Aha there’s my answer.

I looked to my left and saw a bush, that was way too tiny to hide behind, with some limbs and hair sticking out on the sides. Why are they spying on me? So stubborn. I guess I have to be meaner in order for them to leave me alone.

I look back in front of me and crouch down to hug Sarah. She ran but slipped so she fell on me. We both fell backwards in the snow. We started laughing like crazy people while we hugged each other, still laying on the ground. “I missed you baby, how was school.?” “Super fun!! I already have a lot of friends.”

I smiled and kissed her everywhere on her face. Her forehead, her nose, her chin, her temples and both of her cheeks. She giggled and squirmed in my arms. “Omg so cute!” I sighed. Taehyung, if you’re going to spy on someone I suggest you to be quiet. I stood up and brushed the snow off of her. I then gave her my gloves and scarf before turning to the bush. I started walking towards it.


Author's note: Chapter 5 has arrived! I hope you like the story so far! :)

Edit: OKAY so I just found the gif that sort of inspired a scene in this chapter and I have to share it!! 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bts gif funny

Here you go <3