Chapter 8

It’s not that simple

I felt something warm on my tummy but ignored it. I was too tired to care. I started drifting back to sleep but when I heard soft crying, my eyes shot open. I looked down and saw Sarah crying.

What’s wrong? Is she hurt? Did she have a nightmare?

I then saw that she placed both of her hands on my stomach, which had a large bruise on it. “Janie you’re hurt!”

No no no! She isn’t supposed to see this!

I quickly pulled my shirt down. “I’m fine Sarah. I’m okay, it doesn’t hurt.” She lifted her head and glared at me. My eyes widened in surprise. She’s mad? “Janie, you lied at me.” She sat up and crossed her arms while looking down at me. She had a cute pout on her face as she tried her best to look mad at me. She looked freaking adorable and I had to hold myself back from pinching her cheeks. “You said he didn’t hurt you Janie! You lied at me.. promise me you’ll never lie again!”

I sat up and cupped her face. “I promise I won’t lie to you anymore.” I already broke the promise. The promise itself was a lie. I can’t even be honest anymore. I lie all the time. When I tell people ‘I’m okay’, I lie. I’m not even honest when I smile at people.

She nodded and hugged me “I’ll protect you from now on!” I kissed her forehead and blinked away the tears that started gathering in my eyes. I never cry because it makes me feel weak. Besides, I don’t deserve to cry. People have it worse than I do and here I am almost crying for disappointing my sister.

“I love you Sarah” “I love you too” She said when she calmed down.

I stood up and changed into my clothes. Purposely not showing her my back because if she saw that, she would freak out even more. I’m pretty sure my back looks bad. I walked in the bathroom to do my daily morning routine.

I lifted up my shirt as I brushed my teeth and looked at the bruise on my back. It’s a little worse than the one on my stomach. I sighed, I felt pathetic. These bruises are proof that I’m weak. They basically scream “weak”, “pathetic” and “fragile”. I can’t even protect myself, how will I protect Sarah?

I rinsed my mouth and took the last painkillers before I stepped out of the bathroom. I have great luck don’t I? I switched the painkillers with candy in the grocery store yesterday and now my pain is almost unbearable.

I made breakfast and packed Sarah’s bag like every morning. We walked out and I held her hand. The weather was quite nice so I didn’t even close my coat. I loved the mixture of the cold air and the warm sun.


She was awfully quiet when we were walking so I started to sing some songs. She sang along after a few minutes. I smiled, Sarah would never say no to singing a song.

I had a feeling as if we were being followed so I looked behind me. The BTS-dudes. I guess we take the same route to school.

Please don’t see me, please don’t see me, please don’t see me…

“Jane!” Sh*t! Just keep walking. I guess Sarah can’t read minds because she stopped and turned around. She held on to my hand so I had to stop as well. I sighed but she did something I didn’t expect at all.

“Hey Jane how are you?” Jin said. I rolled my eyes but before I could answer Sarah spoke, well, screamed. “Which one of you losers hurt Janie?!!!” Huh? Oh… she thinks one of these guys hurt me last night. She couldn’t see the face of the man. This is not good…

“Sarah stop.” But she didn’t listen. She let go of my hand and pushed Jin. He stumbled back,not because of the force but because he was surprised. “Don’t pretend to be nice! One of you hurt Janie and I want to know who!!” Sarah was so mad. I placed my hand on her shoulder and spoke. “Sarah it’s not one of them. You should apologise.” She is deaf or something because she continued glaring at the guys, who look extremely confused.

“Are you hurt Jane?” Namjoon asked.

“I’m fin-“ before I could finish, Sarah shamelessly lifted up my shirt. Showing the bruise. I pulled it down immediately. “What the hell is that?” Yoongi yelled. “Nothi-“ I again got interrupted but by Hoseok this time. He lifted up my shirt and stared at my bruise. I was to shocked to move. He didn’t just do that right? How can he do that? Isn’t this harassment?

I pulled it down when I came to my senses and pushed him. “What do you think you’re doing?!” He ignored me, he still looked shocked. They all looked shocked.

“What happened?” It was Taehyung’s turn to yell.

“She has one on her back too. Even bigger” How did she know that?

“Sarah!! Stop this.” I turned to the guys. “And you! Back off! I’m pretty sure I was clear when I told you I wanted nothing to do with you. This is none of your business and don’t you dare lift up my shirt again. off.”

“We’re leaving.” I grabbed Sarah’s hand and walked away fast. Someone grabbed my wrist so I turned around. I looked into Hoseok’s pleading eyes “Please Jane, tell us what happened. Let us help”

“I have to bring Sarah to school, Let. Me. Go.” He let go and I continued walking.

Sarah was quiet when we were walking. I felt bad for yelling at her when she was just trying to help me. When we arrived I kneeled in front of her and looked her in the eyes. “Sarah I’m so sorry for yelling at you. Please forgive me, I didn’t mean it. I know you were just trying to help. I’m so sorry baby.” She hugged me. “I’m not mad Janie.” I sighed out of relief. This is the second time that I disappointed her today. We said our goodbyes and she ran into her school.

I dragged myself to my own school. They aren’t going to leave me alone right? They are probably going to keep bugging me until they get answers. Everything in my body is screaming “Skip school” but that would be a selfish decision.

Think about Sarah, Jane. You yelled at her, you lied to her and you even cursed in front of her. You’re a terrible person. You’re selfish and mean. Are you going to be selfish again and skip school? You’ll risk being kicked out of school and the one suffering under that, will be Sarah. You won’t get a good job and Sarah will have to live in even poorer conditions. 

I made my decision without hesitating.


Author's note: Did you guys watch BTS' new music videos? Not today and Spring day? 

I watched it and was like:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bts gif cute

Well not really but it was good! I loved the songs and have already read quite a few theories so I'm completely confused. Hahaha everytime I read a theory, I'm like: "Yeah this sounds logical" and then I read another one which is also believable and I just end up mindblown. I wonder if there's even a complicated theory behind it all but even if that isn't the case, it's still very interesting to read them all. 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bts gif spring day    Spring day

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bts gif not today  Not today

How perfect can they get? Anyway haha if you like my story please comment and subscribe!