Chapter 10

It’s not that simple

It was the day after I told BTS everything. We skipped the rest of the classes so I could explain everything. I had told the principal that I had a dentist appointment and the guys simply skipped without an excuse. It felt great to tell them about my troubles. I had told them everything. From my mother’s death to my escape. Jin and Hoseok couldn’t keep in the tears as I told them about the abuse so at the end of my story, I was comforting them.

After I thanked them for keeping this a secret and gave them all a tight hug, I went home. Even though I’ve just met these crazy guys, I feel some kind of connection with them and have a feeling that we will become great friends. It sounds cliché but I don’t care.

I was never the social butterfly so I’m quite surprised at how quick I opened up to them. I felt a huge weight lift of my shoulders, since the only person who knew my story was Jungkook.

I woke up early so I decided to write in my diary.

Jane’s diary:

It was 5 AM when I woke up from a nightmare. My nightmares changed ever since I escaped. They changed for the worse. They used to be about my drunk father beating me and leaving me behind in the corner of the room, hurt and scared. But now, now they’re scarier than ever. Causing me to wake up feeling more depressed than I’ve ever felt. It’s always the same story. It’s usually outside with people all around me. He finds me and makes sure I won’t be able to stand from the pain. He threatens to hurt Sarah and Jungkook if I even try to get away from him. I don’t feel the physical pain but the emotional pain is unbearable. It always ends with me lying on my back, as vulnerable as ever. He takes a knife from his pocket and walks towards me. No one helps me, nobody gives a sh*t about me. I guess that’s the same in real life. Then I wake up. Every night he gets a little closer. If I keep having these dreams, I know he will eventually kill me. Even if I’m just dreaming. I don’t realise it. I am actually terrified and I only realise it was a nightmare once I wake up. I’m scared to close my eyes, knowing that he might succeed killing me in the next dream.

End of Jane’s diary

I walked in the bathroom and looked in the mirror. When I was brushing my hair I noticed the scars on my arms. I remember the first time I cut myself. My dad was drunk again and I was in so much pain. I dragged myself in the bathroom and cried my eyes out. I just wanted to be put out of my misery.

It was an attempted suicide but I couldn’t do it. I really tried but I couldn’t leave Sarah alone. After that night I continued cutting. It was the only kind of pain that I had control over. I couldn’t control all of the physical and emotional pain my father gave me but I could control the pain I gave myself.

I stopped after Jungkook found out. He begged me to stop and told me that he cared too much about me to let me do this to myself. I promised him I wouldn’t do it again and kept that promise ever since. I hate these scars but they’re permanent. They’ll fade but will never completely disappear. It’s just a reminder that I’m messed up.

I lifted up my shirt and looked at my bruises. They looked a little better so I was optimistic. If this was the last time this happened, I will take this pain without complaining.

I got ready and made breakfast for both me and Sarah. I woke her up and after we were done with everything we went to school.

Sarah and I always sang together when we went to school. It’s something my mom always did with me so I did it with Sarah.

“Twinkle twinkle-“ “Little star how I wonder what you are” a low voice sang along and almost gave me a heart attack. I quickly turned around and there stood 6 very familiar boys. “Oh my god you almost gave me a heart attack Taehyung!”

He chuckled and placed his arm around my shoulder. “From now on we’re going to walk together to school!” He announced with a big smile on his face. I looked at him confused. “Why?”

All of a sudden he started to act as if someone shot him in his chest. He looked absolutely ridiculous. He started wiggling on the floor and I just stared at him.

After he picked himself up he said “Well friend isn’t it obvious? If we walk together we can protect you and sing lullabies together!” I guess he’s happy to call me his friend now because he put the emphasis on that particular word.

Before I could react he started talking to Sarah, who was now hiding behind my legs. “Hello cutie! What’s your name?” he bent over so he was on eyelevel with Sarah. I could feel how tight she was hugging my legs so I gently pushed Taehyung away, who pouted at my action. All of a sudden he got smacked at the back of his head by non-other than Yoongi.

“You’re scaring her idiot. Can’t you tell by the way she is hiding behind Jane?” I laughed at his reaction. Everything became quiet and they all stared at me.

“What?”

“That’s the first time we’ve heard you laugh.” Namjoon commented with a grin on his face. “You have a pretty smile, you should smile more often.” Jin said with a cheeky wink. I blushed and looked away. “AWWW so cute!” Jimin said while squeezing my cheeks. Before I even had a chance to push him away, he grabbed his shin “Ow ow ow!”

“Don’t touch her!” a high voice behind me spoke. I chuckled and ruffled her hair. “Thank you sweetie but these guys are okay so you don’t have to kick them.”

Everyone was still laughing at Jimin so I cleared my throat and pulled Sarah in front of me. I placed my hands on her shoulder and spoke. “This is Sarah, she is my little sister.” I turned to Sarah and introduced the guys. “This is Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok, Yoongi, the boy you kicked is Jimin and this alien is called Taehyung”

He smiled and showed a v-sign with his fingers. When he realised what I said his eyes went big and his smile vanished. “AN ALIEN?!” I giggled and ran away with Sarah in my arms. I actually felt happy those few minutes. Sort of. Well, at least I felt a little less sh*tty.


Author's note: Wahh chapter 10 already! 

I'm going to be busy next week with some very important tests and I'm going on a schooltrip the week after so there is a chance the next update will be slightly later than usual. To be honest I think I'll still post but if not please bear with me. :) Comment and subscribe if you want to? Lol I'm not going to force anyone haha.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bts gif bye

Byeee!! <3