CHAPTER FIVE- Castle's Deck

Flame & Flicker

"W-Well I.."

Baekhyun stared at the man uncertainly.

He never imagined someone who would keep him like that, there's no one who ever became interested in him and cared about him except for Kyungsoo. And this guy? Who is he?

Baekhyun knew that the guy was waiting for an answer. His eyes were telling him that to say something.

"But, I need to go home."

Baekhyun thought about the servants in the Ice Castle, some were knocked unconscious, the others are not aware and some might suspect his lost. Especially Dayoung, she might look for him for she was in charge of him.

"But it's turning dark." the boy looked at his window where there was the sunset light shining, then shot him a look.

Baekhyun scoffed, scratching his head in defeat. But he must go home.

Baekhyun came up with, "But I'm a Light, I can take care of myself." he raised one eyebrow in challenge at the latter.

"Well, there are a lots of Wind traitors outside the castle. And if they caught you exiting the castle, they'll capture you and torture you for interrogation." he dared, raising his left eyebrow in opposite to his.

Squeezing the bed's sheets secretly, Baekhyun was dumbfounded, he couldn't think of another response. He rolled his eyes before agreeing. The man jumped, as much to his surprise, went celebrating like he just hit the lotto.

Seriously, he doesn't know why he was so happy.

Baekhyun sat up straight and watched the boy went jumping until he reached outside of his room. He chuckled in amazement. Baekhyun felt much better than a while ago. He doesn't know what he had done yet it was like magic. Baekhyun touched his own chest and thought that he was just shot by a Malignant Ice that was merely impossible to cure. Thanks to this mysterious guy, he felt good. But he is weird.

Mysterious.

"Hey!"

Baekhyun jumped out of the bed and ran out of the room. Where did he go? Baekhyun ran through corridors, searching for the tall guy. He summoned his mask to make him invisible as he stroll through the halls.

Oh god, he didn't trust this guy, he was pondering. Though he looked so nice, there's still a twist of uncertainty. And he hated it. He must be sure. But why was he looking for that man?

His search lead him to a place in the castle where the hallway was charmed with small beautiful chandeliers that glowed red, with elegant black, gold and red furnitures and a classier wallpaper. Baekhyun wandered at the place, his attention was caught by those portraits hung at the hall. They were the men that once reigned the Fire Kingdom. Baekhyun found them very attractive. They have their names carved in a gold plate with their years of sovereignty.

There was a picture of a man that seemed to be the newest.

Park Changeum
1915-2014

Baekhyun's eyes widened in shock. Ninety-nine years of reign? Without his face changing? His face seemed to stop aging at mid-twenties. Baekhyun wished he was a royalty, because he would look young even though he will live a thousand years. He shrugged it off. Baekhyun didn't care, just like a happy-go-lucky one, he skipped across the corridor heading to a room called Majesté Domicilium.

Baekhyun touched the black door with gold elaborated carvings and its gold door handle. He looked up to the golden sign that stated that. Out of sheer curiosity, he held the handle and brought it down.

"Hey."

The man called. Baekhyun looked back to the man and watched him observe the door cautiously. He slowly abandoned the door and observed the guy back.

He was taking out a mirror and faced it to the door.

"My name is Chanyeol." he said though he was not looking at him directly.

Baekhyun walked forward to him. He could feel the other's heat radiating to him, making him feel warm and secure. He held his hand and turned the mirror for the man to see him through his mask in the reflection.

Their eyes contacted.

Baekhyun revealed himself. Hands still not moving. His eyes travelled from the mirror to the eyes of whom he wanted to look at.

"I'm Baekhyun."

And there was it. They were staring at each other. He couldn't understand his look but Baekhyun was seeking for answers to his question if he could trust this guy.

.*.

Kyungsoo cried as he punched Baekhyun's chest hysterically.

"I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry K-Kyungsoo!"

Baekhyun held Kyungsoo's wrists and pinned them down while Kyungsoo struggled.

"You don't understand!" Kyungsoo screamed at Baekhyun, "You can't trust anyone!"

That was just one of the times that Kyungsoo got angry to Baekhyun. Those times when Baekhyun was easily tempted to come with other people.

Baekhyun learned that he really couldn't trust anyone. Yes, he didn't understand. And it's always. Yet, he remained constant in following Kyungsoo's orders to keep weighing his safety or his desires.

.*.

"I bet you're hungry." Chanyeol smiled, pulling away from the hold that Baekhyun made.

Yes. He was. It was already evening and he could smell the scent of roasted chicken from a place. Baekhyun felt his stomach rumbled when he heard the word hungry.

He smiled back lightly, "I think so." he replied.

"Then let's eat." Chanyeol motioned him to follow. He turned back but Baekhyun remained in his place.

"Wait." Baekhyun halted and Chanyeol looked back at him, "Where are we going to eat?"

Chanyeol chuckled and continued to walk, "Just follow me." he said.

Before walking after him, Baekhyun looked around and sighed in agreement.

Baekhyun still wondered what's inside the room. Unknowingly, he forgot about Kyungsoo.


Baekhyun was right about the roasted chicken that he was smelling a while ago. His face perked up upon noticing the food on the table. Other than that savory scent, the fragrance of flame coming from those lit candles were smelled. The place was dimmed, the moonlight and the light from the red candles were used to give shine to the place.

It was a private dinner. Baekhyun appreciated the effort, but he was more hungry than impressed. Realizing that Baekhyun hadn't ate any snacks since he escape the Ice Kingdom after having lunch.

Chanyeol offered a seat to him by pulling a chair backwards, he motioned him to sit and Baekhyun did without hesitation.

Baekhyun watched Chanyeol as he took his seat in front of him. He noticed the uneasy atmosphere made by their silence. Baekhyun didn't know the right feeling to be felt. But he looked more queasy than relaxed.

Baekhyun ate all the time pouting in every swallow. He could feel Chanyeol's eyes on him. When they were almost finished, Chanyeol spoke.

"Baek. Are you alright?"

Baekhyun gazed at the man that was putting up a concerned look. He was startled by his new name "Baek". He awkwardly shifted his position forward and tried to look okay.

"I'm fine, I think uh.." he said quietly, "I just need to rest." he smiled small and nearly fake.

"Oh." Chanyeol stood and wiped his mouth using a tissue, "I'll lead you to your room." he threw the dirty tissue to the table and hopped beside the way back.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and stood up. He followed Chanyeol with his head bent down. Honestly, he got tired after walking for miles. The dinner had satisfied him and only a good night's sleep was all he needed now.

"How do you feel now?" Chanyeol asked, without looking at him.

Baekhyun remembered, he touched his chest and answered, "I feel fine. Thank you."

After many ups and turns, they reached a room that was connected to a balcony and along the hall on a second floor of the main division of the castle. There were no visitors present on that place and it was quiet.

Chanyeol opened the door of the room where he was going to stay for the night. Chanyeol switched on the lights at the corners of the room. By just looking at it, it looked on fire because of the dark red paint and black furnitures, despite that, it looked cozy.

"There are everything you needed. Clothes, towels, personal things. All here." Chanyeol took Baekhyun a tour in the room and pointing all of what he's dictating.

Baekhyun sat on the bed carefully. Its soft mattress sinking him in due to its very soft build, telling him to lie down. Chanyeol closed the cabinet's doors shut before marching to the door.

"If you need anything, just call me. I'll be in the next room." Chanyeol reminded, half-slamming the door close.

Baekhyun's body automatically collapsed to the soft bed, he breathed in deeply before shifting his place. He feared that he might fall asleep wearing shoes and his casual wear. Also, with his mask on. Since his eyes were drooping, with the exhaustion and the soft comfortable bed.

He fell asleep.

The last thing he thought about was he needed to go home tomorrow.


Baekhyun had dreamt of stars. Perhaps, he was floating in the sky. He then suddenly heard a woman's voice singing.


It's just a dream, Baekhyun sprang up from bed and rushed to the terrace's door. He bursted the doors open like how his eyes bursted with tears. Baekhyun sobbed at the balcony's floor, although he was wearing his eye mask, he cried under those stars he witnessed a thousand times that has the same pattern all the time.

Baekhyun hated it. It was awfully giddy. He recalled the times when he was dreaming about it. It happens occasionally. Baekhyun didn't know what it means. He didn't hated the stars. The thing that makes him cry all the time was the feeling of being buoyant in space that he feared to fall.

He was afraid that he will not be able to stand on his own feet again in the lucid dream.

It was his hiccups that filled the air, it was sickening him.

"Are you okay now?"

Oh wow, Baekhyun got frightened by the voice, he screamed in a high-pitched tune and leaped to the direction of where did he heard the voice.

It was Chanyeol at the next deck.

Baekhyun had his mouth open and close for a few seconds, like a fish. He glared at Chanyeol like his eyes were going to pop out.

Chanyeol was laughing.

He looked handsome without his crown, make-up off, and the moonlight shining down at his face. Baekhyun frowned at Chanyeol as he smiled back at him. He noticed the fair face of the man and admired his eyes.

And oh, his ears are cute and big.

Baekhyun spat out mentally and huffed.

"Why are you still awake?" like a kid, asked Baekhyun, crossing his arms and turning back at Chanyeol.

He was hiccuping.

"Well, I heard you crying, that's why." he answered.

How-

"I wasn't crying. I was just.." hiccup, "looking at the stars." Baekhyun pretended to look up at the luminaries.

Chanyeol cleared his throat purposely, "Okay then, if that's what happened." he chuckled.

-annoying.

Baekhyun frowned again with his eyebrows furrowed. Mentally, stomping his feet hysterically.

Whyyy??

"Fine." Baekhyun scoffed.

He faced Chanyeol that was unexpectedly facing in front his balcony, only the ten inch gap between it separates them.

Shocked, Baekhyun took a step back.

Chanyeol walked a step forward, arms landing on the opposite railings.

With a knowing curve on his lips, eyebrows raised a moment, he said.

"You were crying."

 

 

 

***

Started: November 23, 2016

Finished: December 1, 2016

A/N: Sorry for the delay guyyss.. T.T I've been under a lot of stress lately. :( Anyway, here you goo~ ^^

Yeo_Na