CHAPTER FOUR- Malignant Ice

Flame & Flicker

The little boy quietly held his mother's hand as they went inside a tower. He looked around the unfamiliar place that he had never explored before. They ascend up to a staircase that leads to a small room. The boy thought that the room was three times smaller than his.

In that room, there was a boy that was snoring softly with a milk bottle at his hand.

His mother carried his son on her lap after she sat on the sleeping boy's bed.

"A baby boy!" the boy exclaimed, looking at his mother's eyes. "Eomma? Who is he?" he asked.

The woman brushed her hand through her child's hair and looked back at him.

"He's your younger brother, Xiumin."

"My brother?"

The young Xiumin gazed at the boy. His head became heavy because of the questions that came up.

He asked, "Why can't I play with him?"

Her mother sighed and answered, "I know you will ask a lot of questions. But I'll answer it all first with this," he paused to hold Xiumin's hands.

"Your brother needs to be isolated from others. Because, he needs to be protected. If you're going to ask why, that is when you're already old enough to understand."

Xiumin stared at his mother with tilted head in confusion.

"You're still too young to understand that." his mother shrugged off. "I just wanted you to see his face."

Xiumin pouted and stared at the boy.

"What's his name?" he looked back at his mother brightly.

"Baekhyun."

.*.

Chanyeol suddenly didn't feel well. Seeing the blue icy thing in front of them, it was not going to be easy. He pulled the boy's hand to bring him behind him.

Walking forward warningly, "I dare you not to move." Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowed in contempt.

The Prince also walked forward, "I meant no harm." gravely speaking.

"Then why are you here?" Chanyeol snapped at the other, fists clenching in anger.

"I'm here to greet you." the Ice was a meter away from Chanyeol as he moved more forward, "Since you didn't invited me, congratulations." he bowed with his eyes looking at him, mockingly smiling.

Chanyeol was firing up. He couldn't stand seeing this Ice that has been their enemy ever since. Worst, in his home, in the castle!

The Ice just stood there. Not when a very fast scene happened where Chanyeol had nothing to do.

There was a very bright flash of light, no doubt it was blinding. Chanyeol, somehow, got dazzled. Through his obscure eyesight due to the light, the boy was in front of him and seemed to attack the Ice that was sent frosting the way away.

Oh, please help him.

Chanyeol eased the feeling of fainting. He became nauseous after the attack. What had just happened? He couldn't see a thing but it must be tears.

"I'm sorry." he heard, "Are you alright?" the voice said with a sound of pain in the end.

Chanyeol shook his head and his vision slowly went back to normal. With tears falling from his soring eyes,
he approached the boy.

He cautiously checked him as he noticed that the Light became pale.

"Yah, you don't seem fine. Did he hurt you?" Chanyeol said between pauses since his eyes hurt.

The Light flinched at Chanyeol's touch, "I'm fine," he breathed, "I was-I got shocked." he said with a quiver.

Chanyeol watched the other leaned himself on a big rock, clutching his chest and eyes shutting tight. Chanyeol knelt in front of the guy and examined him carefully.

"I warned you, you must go." he said, half-crying.

Chanyeol got touched by his concern. Nothing happened to himself but the boy. Why does he seemed suffering?

"I'm fine." Chanyeol said straight.

He knelt down in front of him and held his arms. He was cold. Something had happened. He immediately hugged the other to warm him with his natural hot temperature. Chanyeol got alarmed to know that the latter was trembling.

"What had he done to you?" Chanyeol asked with full concern and with starting anxiety.

The boy fell limp inside his embrace. Did he just lose consciousness? The skies unexpectedly went dim in a minute and the sun was swallowed by the clouds. Chanyeol didn't know what happened, he was bloody clueless if the Ice Prince had struck him or he just fainted in fear. He neither know the guy nor his name.

Chanyeol carried him in a bridal style. He was running quickly, enduring the other's weight. Chanyeol brought him inside the nearest vacant room and lied him down on a bed.

He didn't care about to whom does that room belong.

He paced the room aggressively. His situation racked Chanyeol's brain. Running a strong hand through his hair, he covered the boy with a thick blanket, before running out of the room.

He needed to find the Prince of Life.

Chanyeol remembered that he was now a Grand Prince, he can teleport. He stopped short at the hallway and thought of drifting to where the Prince is. He saw himself being engulfed in fire until it swallowed him, then the scene changes.

There was Lay, he grabbed his hand and teleported back to the room.

Lay was very shocked and almost hit him. He shouted, "Yah! What happened?!"

Chanyeol bowed repeatedly, apologizing, he brought Lay facing the unconscious boy.

"What happened to him?" Lay questioned after gasping, leaning closer to the guy.

"I-I don't know." Chanyeol was fidgeting, pacing back and forth in the room.

Then Lay shot him a knowing look that if he didn't tell him in this instance, he's going to reveal this.

Lay was Chanyeol's friend. He always call him when there is an emergency that he needed a cure. Usually, his call was a secret.

"The Ice Prince visited me, then there was a flash of light. T-Then I don't know what happened next. I think he was shot or I just don't know!" Chanyeol explained so fast that it was almost unclear.

Lay sat beside the man and observed him. He claimed, "So, he's a Light? I see." he noticed the black masquerade, "Why is he wearing a mask?"

Chanyeol halted and went to Lay. He replied, "I think you shouldn't remove that." he said almost possessively.

Lay looked at Chanyeol weirdly then turned to the unconscious one. He performed initial check-ups and was flabbergasted by his diagnosis.

"Why? What is it?" Chanyeol asked worriedly.

Lay touched the patient's forehead and made a frustrated sound.

"It was the Malignant Ice."

Chanyeol collapsed sitting on the other side of the bed. He was too shocked by his diagnosis. The Malignant Ice, the most powerful Ice attack technique which internally freezes everything that makes someone alive in just an hour.

"We're not yet late." said Lay worriedly, "Especially you have the Fire Gem in your hands."

Chanyeol's face brightened up a bit upon hearing that. He stood up and summoned his power crystal to appear. A fire erupted from his right palm along with those red thing swirling around a stone that looked like a ruby but it was more precious. A phoenix-like figure ignited inside the stone and it glowed a red light.

One of the Four Element Crystals that everyone wanted in order to be the most powerful, one was in Chanyeol's hands and he was assigned to protect it from evil.

"What am I going to do with it?" Chanyeol asked and looked at Lay.

"Summon it to cure your friend." Lay simply declared, "You know that Malignant Ice can't be cured by us, but you."

Chanyeol gazed at his gem and took a deep breath before chanting, "Gem of the Fire, I command you. Show how you cure."

Heat radiated from the jewel along with the steady shining of the red light from the gem. A flame-like tail swirled its way to the patient's chest. He glowed red for a moment then it ended. The gemstone returned to Chanyeol's hand as he closed it.

"Do you think he will be okay?" Chanyeol sat on the bed beside the boy.

Lay nodded and told Chanyeol that he would be returning to the Royals' Area to prevent any suspicions.

Now, Chanyeol was left with the guy. Damn, he thought, he didn't even know his name. How is he going to call him when he woke up? Chanyeol sighed and examined the boy from head to toe.

The thing he admired was his hands. He gently took his hand and gave it a squeeze. It was soft and smooth, like he was not working at home. With that texture, it was also cold because of what happened. Next was his eyes that were closed that he wanted to be opened. Lastly, his lips that bore the sweetest smile he had never seen before.

Chanyeol extended his hand to reach for the black thing that covered the man's face. He wanted to have a glimpse of his face, just once, he will stop. He carefully placed his finger, but when he had laid his finger on it-

The boy suddenly exhaled, eyes closing tight and moving slightly.

"Yah, yah, yah!" Chanyeol exclaimed in surprise, letting go of his hand and moving far. "How do you feel? Does something hurts? Do you feel cold?" He frantically asked, noting that the Light was looking at him.

"Cold," he said and smiled faintly, shivered a moment, continued, "I need some warmth. I think it's killing me."

Chanyeol widened his eyes in panic and abruptly hugged the boy.

He tried his best to give the best warmth he needed.

For seconds he remained there, he locked the cold one in his warm embrace. After that, he pulled away. Seconds after, Chanyeol realized what he had done.

A hand flew to Chanyeol's mouth, the other laughing softly.

"Oh god." Chanyeol's voice was muffled, wiping his sweat that formed on in face that came with a flush.

"It's okay." he replied awkwardly. The man sat up though with difficulty, "Thank you," he said, smiling shyly, "I-I think I have to go-"

"-no! I mean, well, uh.. You're still unwell. Are you?" Chanyeol jumped in, laughing nervously.

Chanyeol found himself fooling the guy and himself. He just wanted to keep the guy, he was uncertain why but the thing is just stressing him.

"Just..please?" Chanyeol pouted at the boy that just stared back at him.

Staring at him, weirdly?

 

 

 

***

Started: November 20, 2016

Finished: November 23, 2016

A/N: Here you goo~ Fourth chapter updated. I've been struggling with a chapter that's why I can't update more more quickly, also the school works. TT But I will do my best. ;)

Feel free to comment dooowwwwnnnnn. :D

Yeo_Na