CHAPTER THREE- Attack Alert

Flame & Flicker

Baekhyun was walking down the corridors of the castle, the part where he usually runs, pretending that a giant was after him when he was still young. It was located at ground floor, near the kitchen and in front of the high spiral staircase that leads to his room and to some rooms. He examined the servants aligned at the walls and parallel to each other. Baekhyun remembered their faces that changed through the years. Those statue-looking people, he had never talked to them nor touched them. Perhaps, they were just stiff as ice that Baekhyun almost thought them as figurines.

Other than that, Baekhyun was curious about the big bronze chamber door with exquisite twirls and snowflake carvings at its side, and was being guarded by two scary-looking knights of icy blue armor.

It is time.

Kyungsoo was late at their meeting time. He told him that they will be a visiting the Fire Kingdom because there was a coronation being held there. Three hours passed and Baekhyun concluded that Kyungsoo will not be coming because of what happened to his window pane.

It is time to explore.

Baekhyun hid under his invisibility mask before walking to the line of servants, sneaking through them. He just thanked the Ices for making the floor and the walls frosted for he was seen through reflection.

Stepping forward between the knights and the chamber door, he removed his mask, revealing himself, he summoned a dazzling light that made the servants unconscious and the knights stupefied to faint.

Dazzle, the power technique he learned during his fourth-year.

He smiled in triumph. Baekhyun put on his mask again and explored the world outside the Servants' Tower where he was in. Kyungsoo told him of the sign that reads that outside the place.

He was seeing it now. Baekhyun ran through the snowy viaduct, its sides covered with snow-covered withered trees and shrubs with winter white roses. He didn't care if his steps will leave a mark on the thick snow. What was important to him right now is to catch even a glimpse of the royalties.

At his glimpse in front of the Ice's emblem statue at the end of the viaduct, he saw two.

There was a fair man that looked young, with those small single-lidded eyes and lips. An inch smaller than him. He was wearing a icy blue with a touch of silver crown with opal stones at the carved snowflakes that surrounds his head. That man wore a prince outfit like Kyungsoo but with an icy design and upgraded with the extending shards of ice from the ends of the shoulders of his cloak. Baekhyun can distinguish that he is the Grand Prince of Ice.

He was with a tall man, fairer, with a sharp jawline and in a prince attire like Kyungsoo's but his costume was different because of those embroidered swirls like the wind. He wore a smaller crown that matched the fashion he wore. All in sky blue and white and had less glitters than the other. Baekhyun concluded that he is a royalty of the Wind.

Baekhyun had been too close to them while observing and in his curiousity of why was there a Wind inside the castle and the Prince was talking to.

"I was banned from the kingdom." the Wind claimed, plastering an annoyed face.

The Ice scoffed, "I guess you were here
to pay revenge?" he suggested.

Baekhyun stopped his gasp from coming out and continued to listen.

"It's not a big deal for me." the other replied.

"Even though." the Grand Prince looked at the other, smirking somehow evilly, "I'll just greet him a perfect congratulations."

What does he mean? Who are they talking about?, Baekhyun thought.

"Don't you dare use the Malignant Ice on him, poor new Grand Prince of Fire, he will not experience a day reigning." the Wind objected.

The Ice laughed, "My new technique is useless if I'm not going to use it." he added lamely, chuckling, "It feels great to first use it on him."

Baekhyun covered his mouth in shock. How evil. Today is the Fire Grand Prince's coronation. And the Ice Prince was planning to do something unjust. How terrifying. He backed away slowly and ran away.

Where's Kyungsoo.

I need to find him.

The Prince is in trouble.

True or not, Baekhyun was determined enough to go to the Fire Kingdom.

Late or not, he must.

.*.

It was already 2PM in the afternoon, an hour before the coronation, Chanyeol was getting irritated by the servants fixing him here and there. Upgrading from a Duke of Fire was hard. The castle was open to the Fire villagers and open to the other Kingdom's royalties. The foods were cooked, drinks were served and the logs were chopped to be burned.

The Royalties from the other kingdoms were also invited except for the Ice, Water and the Wind. Chanyeol was satisfied to see Kai, his best friend since they were still young and the Teleportation Duke.

"Big day, isn't it?" Kai asked, sitting beside Chanyeol to one of the couches inside the Royalties' Hall.

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders, leaning back on the sofa, "I don't feel excited." he frowned.

Grabbing a wine glass from the table, Kai reacted, "Why not?"

"I just don't feel like it. Look at my sister." Chanyeol looked at his sister that looked very happy talking to the other Princesses, "She's excited about being a Princess, I just don't understand why." he added.

"Maybe you were just used being a Duke, I swear, being a Grand Prince is different." Kai claimed.

"It doesn't make any difference."

"It does. Bet, in this day, something will happen that you will like. But of course, there will something that you'll not like because you're now a prince." Kai claimed, sipping fire whiskey from the glass.

Chanyeol sighed, "You're saying that because you like challenges, obstacles and adventures because you can just simply teleport through the end of it."

Kai was right, Chanyeol was used being a Duke. And, it almost had no difference in being a Prince. That's why he wasn't excited.

"The coronation is starting Kai," Chanyeol said, without looking at Kai, "would you like to go outside before it starts?" he looked at Kai that looked like he was melting somebody with his stare.

"Yah." Chanyeol poked Kai's arms but he still didn't respond.

Chanyeol looked at the direction where Kai was looking. Ah, the Duke of the Earth. But why?

Kai spoke while staring at him, "He's cute," he looked at Chanyeol eagerly, he asked, "Do you know his name?"

Chanyeol laughed and slapped Kai's thigh, "Stop that, you're weird."

Kai laughed too, "I'm not joking, he's really cute."

"He's Kyungsoo." Chanyeol answered his question.

Then Kai went fidgeting in his seat in happiness. Chanyeol didn't understand why.

.*.

Baekhyun didn't get tired after the journey because it just looked like he took a tour himself to the Ice village, the Earth Kingdom then the Fire Kingdom to the Fire Castle that is his destination.

The coronation must be done, he hoped that the Ice Prince didn't teleport to be that fast. He must first inform the Prince, or Kyungsoo, anyone!

Baekhyun thought that he was going to be crazy in relief when he reached the castle by foot, invisible and just escaped. He quickly looked around the castle, avoiding every mirror. He saw a lot of royalties inside, but he can't see Kyungsoo, where is he?!

He asked his lights for direction and they gave it to him. Each fire bulb of light went off to inform Baekhyun that it was there, when he crossed through it, it turns on. Baekhyun followed the pattern. Thanks to his mask, he wasn't seen. Nevertheless, the turning off of red light emitting bulbs in the castle was a hint that there is a Light wandering around.

Baekhyun panted, bending to gain air and looked up to see the light bulbs. There were no light bulbs now, only the 4PM sunlight luminated the castle's backyard. He realized that he was there when he was now outside and there were greeneries.

He paid gratitude to his lights and sighed in relief. Kyungsoo must be here, he thought. He went down the staircases.

But there was no Kyungsoo.

His lights brought him to the one he really needed to see.

A guy stood there, wearing a flame patterned crown adored with rubies. Red paint was at the sides of his head excluding the ears that looked like flames. His outfit looked like the Ice Prince's but his looked hot with red and black.

He was the Grand Prince.

Baekhyun ran to him. But he put everything into a halt when he saw the Prince in front of a tall faded red reflecting glass. It was not actually a mirror but it looked like it was purposely made for it to be displayed at the backyard. He observed the Prince stare at it like he was waiting for something to come up on it. No wonder he had had been there during his free days.

"Are you really just virtual?"

Baekhyun was shocked of what the Prince said. What does he mean of that?

The guy reached out his hand to touch the glass that reflected his sad face. Baekhyun did, he remembered him, he was the kid that he saw fourteen years ago. The man brought his hand down and was about to leave when Baekhyun decided to walk forward into the image to show himself.

.*.

The boy with the masquerade.

He couldn't believe it. Chanyeol gasped and was taken aback by the reflection. The boy was now a man like him, he grew tall but not like himself. Chanyeol finally saw the boy he was longing to see for fourteen years.

He still do not know the reason why.

Yet, he understood Kai.

He turned back. And there it goes again, the slow motion, why is that? Chanyeol saw the boy before but now he was taller, his black buttoned-up polo fitted on him, smiling at him the way he smiled at him fourteen years ago. There was the light shining at him. Seeing him was a cheerful sight, for Chanyeol, he smiled back at him.

"You're the boy." Chanyeol said, getting speechless in overwhelming happiness.

"Yes, I am." the boy nodded, "The boy at the reflection." he claimed.

Chanyeol was just staring at the man in front of him. He didn't know what he was feeling, he felt soft and cold.

The boy obviously got shocked and bowed at him. "Greetings, Your Highness." he remained his body bent.

"No, don't bow at me." Chanyeol said, he didn't know he was saying this. One thing was sure, he was happy.

The boy stood straight and visibly gulped. Taking a deep breath before claiming, "I'm warning you Fire Prince." his voice was serious, "You need to get out of here."

Chanyeol felt Kai's word repeating in his mind, a sense of dread creeping into him. He shrugged the issue and laughed it out–nervously.

"Who would attack me in my day?" he asked the other which stood there stiff.

Chanyeol knew there was somebody around them. It became excessively hot, he sweated, that competed the chill coming out of somewhere.

 

 

 

***

Started: November 18, 2016

Finished: November 20, 2016

A/N: So yeaaahh~ Like what I've promised, I'll update earlier. ;) I don't know when will be my next update but surely, it won't take long. :)

Anything confusing? Something wrong? Feel free to comment down. :D

Thank youu~ :'**

Yeo_Na