005

Up To Chance

 

005

 


 

“Are you serious?” Junhong turned around, eyes wide.

“Of course,” Yongguk stared at him, unable to read his expression. He leant forward, “Is it too soon? I can move it back, if you want.”

“No, hyung, this is great,” Junhong smiled happily. The omega adjusted himself and faced him, dark hair falling over his eyes. “I… I’m really looking forward to living with you. And Mochi and Tigger!”

Yongguk’s eyes softened, and he reached up to brush the strands out of the boy’s eyes, “Me too.”

Junhong quietened and stared at the other.

The omega knew how weird their position must’ve looked, but he didn’t want to move. He was still on the alpha’s lap, their faces inches apart as they stared at each other. Yongguk’s eyes flickered down to Junhong’s lips and he leaned even closer, their noses almost touching.

This close to Yongguk, Junhong couldn’t really think straight. He wanted to close the gap between them, but he was frozen in place.

Suddenly Mochi barked, realising the attention was no longer on him, and jumped on Junhong’s back, effectively ruining the moment.

Junhong jolted backwards and took the dog in one hand, shutting him up. “Why are you such a brat, Mochi?” He asked, poking the dog’s nose. Snapping out of his daze, Yongguk moved himself so the two were apart again, wanting to keep some distance between them.

Mochi bit his finger and Junhong his lips nervously. He glanced at Yongguk, trying to read his expression, but his face was as stoic as a rock.

The alpha looked at a clock, hanging on the wall, and quickly got off the bed. “Sorry, but I have to go,” he told Junhong tersely. Even though he didn’t want to disappoint the other, it was his sister’s last day in the city for another few months, and she would kill him if he skipped. The alpha relaxed when he noticed Junhong didn’t seem bothered at all, placing Mochi on the floor and getting up as well.

Little did he know, Junhong was absolutely freaking out. He wasn’t an idiot; he knew what Yongguk was about to do, he just wasn’t sure why. They had only met a week ago and Junhong hadn’t done anything that would make Yongguk like him – if  he even liked him at all. The elder might’ve just done it in the spur of the moment; that was probably why he was leaving so abruptly now.

He gave Yongguk a grin that he hoped wasn’t shaky, “That’s okay hyung, I had fun.” Nervously taking Yongguk’s hand in his, he led the alpha through the house and towards the door.

Yongguk’s hold on his hand tightened and Junhong looked back, about to panic.

“You’re free tomorrow, right?” Yongguk questioned.

Junhong nodded.

“Are you going anywhere?”

“My mom says it’s better if I just stay home,” Junhong didn’t want to say it, so he mumbled the rest, “because of my heat…”

The businessman nodded, “I remember. Then I’ll come to look after you tomorrow, Junhongie.”

Junhong’s mouth was wide open, but he quickly nodded, “See you tomorrow!”

Yongguk ruffled his hair fondly, and then left. Junhong watched him enter his car, before returning inside his house and switching off the movie.

He sunk into his bed and slammed his face into a pillow, releasing a groan that made Mochi paw at his back in worry.

 

Waking up in a pool of your own sweat isn’t fun. Combined with a headache, Junhong truly felt like just going back to sleep.

His eyes narrowed at his soaked bed, and he whined to himself as he went to change his sheets. It was way too early to be changing his bedsheets; the clock on his wall read seven o’clock.

Way too early.

When he’d finally changed them, he was already to awake to go back to sleep so he grudgingly took a cold shower to cool himself down.

He hissed as the cold water hit his skin; he’d always hated showering in the cold, but he was only more sensitive to extreme temperatures when on suppressants. As if showering was a race, he finished quickly and jumped out to dry himself.

It’s not even 7:30 and I’m having the worst day of my life, he grumbled, changing into a t-shirt and jeans again. He dried his hair and made his way downstairs to find something to eat.

Halfway down the stairs, he stopped when he  heard the sound of a low voice that couldn’t belong to his brother or father. His eyes widened when he saw Bang Yongguk in a discussion with his parents.

It’s not even 7:30... he whimpered quietly and made his way down the rest of the stairs. Normally, he would eavesdrop on their conversation, but he was seriously hungry and they didn’t seem like they were discussing anything fun anyway. Probably the contract, actually.

“Good morning,” he spoke quietly, the three immediately looking up at him. His parents barely acknowledged what he said, gesturing for him to leave and stop bothering them. The omega nodded and padded to the kitchen, Yongguk standing up immediately after he left the room.

“I’m sorry to hold you both from work. I will look after Junhong today,” Yongguk said, and the boy clutched a box of cereal in his hands tightly. He grinned to himself, happy that the elder was going to spend the day with him, but he was also slightly nervous.

What if his suppressants acted up again?

“Are you trying to kill your cereal?”

The omega turned around and almost dropped the box. Yongguk’s eyes scanned the box and he looked up.

That was another strike for Junhong’s ‘look-cool-in-front-of-Yongguk’ plan; his favourite cereal was rainbow-flavoured and sugar-loaded, targeted for children.

(They tasted really good, okay. And they were like replacements for caffeine in the morning. He might not make good life choices, but he doesn’t regret anything.)

Yongguk stood before him, smirking – Junhong didn’t know if it was at his clumsy action or his choice in cereal. “Good morning, Junhongie.”

“M-Morning,” Junhong mumbled shyly, turning to fill his bowl with cereal. “You must’ve woken up early,” he said, getting milk from the fridge.

“Mhm, I had to talk to your parents about your suppressants,” Yongguk sat behind the kitchen counter and watched the boy make his breakfast.

“Did my mother tell you what would happen if I didn’t use them?” Junhong asked, eyes wide. Yongguk’s face didn’t give anything away, but that only made the omega more curious. “Hyung, hyung, hyung tell me please!”

“Finish your breakfast first,” Yongguk laughed.

Junhong pouted and sat next to the alpha, shovelling spoonfuls of his cereal into his mouth at the speed of light. Yongguk’s smile remained on his face as he watched the younger boy eat.

“Finished,” the omega announced as he pushed his bowl in front of him. “Tell me, hyung.”

“She didn’t tell me,” Yongguk said bluntly, watching as the excitement drained from his face. “Sorry, Junhong-ah.”

“You made it sound like she did... So mean,” The boy hit his shoulder lightly and began to put his dishes away. “I feel like I’m going to get indigestion from eating too quickly.”

“Sorry I disappointed you,” Yongguk apologised, but he was grinning. “To be fair, you can blame indigestion on the amount of sugar in those.”

“They taste good, okay,” Junhong defended. His beloved cereal got so much criticism; it didn’t deserve it.

“So, shall we watch a movie for real today?” Yongguk asked, both of them walking up the stairs and towards Junhong’s room.

The younger boy’s cheeks heated up at the thought of what they were doing yesterday, when they were meant to be watching a movie. Would it count as cuddling? He hoped so. Cuddling with Yongguk... He blushed at the thought, but he had to refuse.

“Sorry hyung, but my head hurts...” he mumbled apologetically. Yongguk automatically raised a hand to the other’s forehead, back of his palm gentle as it brushed his skin.

“Your body temperature is really high...” he said worriedly. “Maybe you should go back to bed and nap for a bit.”

“This is normal, don’t worry. There’s a reason why it’s called ‘heat,’” Junhong assured, sitting down on his bed. Yongguk sat beside him and frowned, seeing beads of sweat forming on the other’s face. Junhong squirmed under the gaze of the other and wiped the sweat from his face, sure that Yongguk was thinking he was weak and weird right now.

Yongguk was actually wondering about Junhong’s prescription, and why the boy still suffered due to overheating despite being on the medicine.

“I’m going to put on the air conditioning, maybe you should change into shorts or something,” Yongguk suggested, getting up to hunt for the remote. “Would you like snacks? A drink? I can go down and get some.”

“It’s fine,” Junhong laughed. “Right now, my heat hasn’t even started yet, so you don’t have to baby me. Calm down, hyung.”

“It hasn’t even started yet?” Yongguk repeated.

“Yeah, of course! Right now, I only have a really bad headache and my temperature is higher than usual, but I’m not in pain or anything. It’s going to come soon, definitely in the next couple of hours.”

“I see,” Yongguk nodded in understanding and switched on the air conditioner. “I’m still going to get you some water though, Junnie – drinking liquids is the best way to get rid of a headache.”

Before the omega could refuse, Yongguk was already running down the stairs towards the kitchen to get a glass of water.

Junhong sprawled on his bed and grabbed Zelo, squeezing him tightly. At that moment, he wished for nothing more than his heat to be tolerable, although he knew that wouldn’t be likely. There had never been a heat that went smoothly without one of the suppressant’s side effects acting up.

Yongguk came back with a glass of water and placed it on Junhong’s nightstand. “Are you sleepy?” he asked, seeing the other’s position.

Junhong shook his head and looked up at Yongguk, resting his head on his palm, “What should we do to pass time, hyung?” The alpha smiled at how endearing the other was at the moment, the omega staring at him with wide eyes and a slight pout on his lips.

“Online monopoly,” Yongguk answered and took out his phone. He played it a lot when he was bored, mostly against the computer, but it was fun – at least that’s what he thought. His eyes searched Junhong’s face for a reaction, unsure if what he suggested was okay – it had been six years since he was Junhong’s age, and even then, he was always studying. He never had time to entertain himself.

“Good idea! Monopoly takes up heaps of time,” Junhong cheered and took his phone out as well. “Be prepared though; I get very competitive~”

“Don’t get ahead of yourself; I’m very good at this game,” the alpha laughed. “Even on hard mode.”

“Monopoly’s about luck though. I’ll outluck you!” Junhong exclaimed, eyes shining with excitement. It didn’t seem to bother him that Yongguk was an actual businessman, with real-life experience in buying properties.

“If you say so,” the elder hummed. Junhong grinned up at Yongguk and patted the space next to him, shifting so the alpha could get comfortable.

He tried not to think about Yongguk’s warm body next to his, and turned back to his phone.

“Ah, hyung, is it an app or a site...?”

 

Three hours later, the two were deep into their monopoly game. Although Yongguk was making smart decisions, Junhong seemed to be landing on all the good spaces, avoiding taxes and Yongguk’s properties. The elder couldn’t really care much about the game though, not when Junhong’s heat was quickly approaching and it grew obvious that he was becoming more and more dazed.

“I told you, Monopoly is a game of luck!” Junhong pumped his fist as he received extra money. “Wow, I guess I’m really lucky today,” he gave himself a satisfied pat on the back and giggled.

Yongguk didn’t reply, rolling the dice and hissing when he was taxed. He still had heaps of money left, but losing $200 right before GO was never fun.

“Yonggukkie hyung~” the omega whined, nuzzling into the alpha’s arm. Yongguk looked down in surprise at the sudden affection, seeing the boy grab his arm and murmur something about pizza before hugging it tight.

“What’s wrong?” The alpha asked, gently prying the boy’s hands off from his arm. He looked at the omega’s face, red and flushed, and instantly began fussing over the boy, rearranging their position so he could be comfortable.

“I’m perfectly fine!” Junhong said loudly and looked at Yongguk with a sparkle in his eyes. The younger peered at him, moving so that they were directly face to face, their noses inches apart.

If Junhong was like this when on his heat, Yongguk wanted to see what he would be like when he was drunk. Even if it seemed cruel, Junhong just seemed cute, if not strangely affectionate – but even that was bearable. Yongguk wondered whether it was a side effect of the suppressants or an actual trait of Junhong’s that he didn’t usually show.

“Are you okay?” Junhong asked, leaning his head back on the other’s shoulder. Neither of them noticed that their phones locked due to inactivity. Yongguk smiled and let the younger use his arm.

“I’m fine. Does your head hurt?” he asked in concern, brushing his fringe aside.

“Always hurts...” Junhong mumbled, snuggling his cheek against the alpha’s sleeve. “Hurts less because you’re here though, hyung. I’m usually alone when my heat comes.”

Yongguk frowned at the thought of the omega suffering alone, and urged him to lie down on the bed. Junhong followed his instructions obediently and stared at him expectantly.

“Stay here.” Yongguk instructed before going to retrieve an ice pack from the kitchen. The omega stayed silent, holding onto Zelo. In his daze, he felt too tired and sick to be aware of his current situation, let alone his actions. If he knew how childish he was acting, he would probably feel too embarrassed to even face Yongguk.

When Yongguk came back, he placed a cold pack on Junhong’s forehead. Even with the aircon on, Junhong was still sweating profusely, almost worryingly so.

“Take a nap and I’ll get you lunch when you wake up, okay?” Yongguk his cheek and nodded.

“Do you wanna sleep too?” Junhong yawned and moved to the side. “You probably do, you woke up before 7:30. Who wakes up before 7:30...”

Yongguk lied down next to him, wanting to placate the teen so that he would quieten and sleep quickly. The ice pack slipped down Junhong’s head as he immediately turned to face the alpha, and Yongguk fixed it for him.

Junhong gave him a sweet smile, murmuring something about chicken before falling asleep. Seeing the younger boy sleep so soundly, Yongguk closed his eyes and followed, unknowingly pressing himself closer to him.

 

When he woke up, Junhong was gone from the bed. A quick check of his watch told him that it was already past twelve, about two hours later. Yongguk got off the bed and went to search for the missing teen.

He walked through the hallway and into the bathroom, where he found the omega hunched over the sink and clutching at his face. As Yongguk neared, he saw blood dripping into the sink.

“Junnie...” he felt sorry for the younger. Junhong whimpered quietly and Yongguk his hair softly. “Let’s go to the kitchen to get you another icepack.”

Junhong’s reaction was instantaneous; he jerked back and shook his head, eyes wide. He was pinching his nose, so his words were clipped as he spoke, “I can’t.”

Yongguk raised an eyebrow.

Junhong took a shuddering breath, “I’m not allowed anywhere other than my room and the bathroom when I’m on heat.” His eyes met Yongguk’s through the mirror.

The alpha knew it would be pointless to argue with Junhong about a rule his parents probably made – the boy would never disobey them – so he went downstairs himself to retrieve another ice pack. He made a mental note to hurry the marriage process, wanting nothing other than Junhong feeling safe and comfortable in his home.

“Come here,” he spoke when he got back to the bathroom. “It’s okay if you make a mess, just sit.” Along with the icepack, he also got a box of tissues, and he gave some sheets to the boy.

Junhong sat on the toilet, holding the icepack to his nose bridge.

“Stay like this for ten minutes,” Yongguk instructed, kneeling next to him. It felt like he was at work, looking after a patient. He brushed Junhong’s fringe to the side. “Do you need anything?”

The younger boy shook his head and mumbtled apologetically, “M’sorry you have to deal with me.” The alpha thought he saw the younger’s bottom lip wobble and his eyes water slightly, but he wasn’t sure. Junhong lowered his head and hid his downcast expression with the icepack.

“Junnie,” Yongguk murmured, “I don’t mind at all.” Rising ono his feet, he pressed a light kiss onto Junhong’s temple.

“I promised I’d get you lunch, hm? How about chicken?” he smiled as Junhong’s expression lightened. The boy nodded – as much as he could with an icepack and tissues crammed on his face – trying to look up while keeping his head forward.

“Half sweet, half spicy,” the omega requested, and Yongguk grinned.

“Anything you want, Junhongie. Cola?”

“Yep!”

“Okay,” Yongguk smiled and took out his phone to order, but was distracted by the 3 missed calls and 2 texts from none other than his secretary.

Yoo Youngjae: You had a meeting with Lim Enterprises today that couldn’t be rescheduled. What should I tell the executives when asked about your absence?

Yoo Youngjae: The executives seem displeased that you were absent. I told them you were caring for a sick relative, and they accepted it. They scheduled another meeting tomorrow.

Yongguk felt sorry for the secretary and made a mental note to give the man a bonus.

Bang Yongguk: i’m with junhong. update me on any other important information.

“Hyung, I think it stopped!” Junhong exclaimed enthusiastically. The tissues near his face were bloodied, almost to the point where Yongguk wondered if it was just a normal nosebleed or if Junhong had accidentally cut off half his face.

“Hold it there for another two minutes just in case,” the alpha handed the boy more clean tissues. “I’m calling the chicken place now.”

“Yes, hyung~”

 

Junhong on heat was odd, but he was still very, very cute.

Yongguk was content just watching him stuff his face with chicken, making sounds of approval. The younger boy looked up, blinking when he saw the alpha only watch him. “Aren’t you going to eat too?”

“I’m not hungry,” Yongguk refused, smiling as Junhong shrugged and continued eating.

The two were sitting across from each other, cross-legged on Junhong’s bedroom floor. Newspapers were spread so Junhong wouldn’t make a mess on the floor, but he was making enough of a mess on his face.

Yongguk leaned over to wipe sauce from the corner of his lip, making the other blush.

“How long do your heats usually last?” The alpha asked curiously, wondering if Blood Omega heats lasted the ordinary couple of days, or if they were longer.

“Two or three days,” Junhong took a while to respond. He had devoured half the chicken in record time, but Yongguk supposed he had to be hungry – it was common for omegas on heat to eat a lot due to the extra energy they used.

He paused. Omegas usually used a lot of energy during heat because they had an increased libido – maybe that was why Mrs. Choi forced Junhong to take suppressants. He hoped not; it was an extremely petty reason, but it was a reason nonetheless.

“Whatcha thinking ‘bout, Yonggukkie-hyung?” Junhong asked, finishing his third piece of spicy chicken. The box was getting emptier and emptier. He hummed contentedly, sauce off his fingers.

“I can’t come by tomorrow,” the elder said apologetically. “I’m sorry; there’s a meeting I can’t get out of.”

“That’s okay. I’m grateful you came by,” Junhong smiled and uncrossed his legs. “Are you sure you don’t want any? I’m getting full, but I seriously will finish all of this.”

“Finish it all. I like seeing you eat,” Yongguk waved him off.

“Okay~”

Yongguk was pleased to see that Junhong kept to his words, finishing the entire set of chicken before too long. He cleaned up after himself when he was done, satisfied with the meal.

The alpha was at ease in Junhong’s bedroom now, and got up to sit on his bed as the younger boy was disposing of the trash and cleaning up. Zelo was tucked into the bedsheets, and Yongguk took the bunny out to stare at it. It was soft to touch, and was clearly loved – the stuffing was bunched in random places, most likely due to Junhong hugging it very often.

“You’re playing with Zelo?” is all Junhong said when he came to his room and saw Yongguk holding his beloved plushie.

“How long have you had him?” Yongguk smiled as Junhong climbed onto the bed and nestled himself beside the alpha. Yongguk easily wrapped an arm around his form, and let him have the bunny instead.

Junhong set it aside, “Maybe since I was four? I know I sound childish but I only sleep with it... I don’t walk around with it or anything.”

“Not at all,” Yongguk assured. “Don’t tell anyone, but I have an obsession with Tigger dolls,” he admitted, and tightened his hold around the omega when his shoulders began shaking with silent laughter. “Don’t laugh at me either!”

“You’re cute, hyung,” Junhong muffled his laughter with his hands. Yongguk smiled fondly and rested his chin on Junhong’s shoulder.

“I think you’re cuter,” Yongguk whispered, so quietly that Junhong couldn’t hear.

Looking at the omega, Yongguk felt his heart warm with affection, but was quickly jolted by reality.

He had to remember that Junhong was forced into the marriage by his parents. Yongguk couldn’t force him to reciprocate his feelings, when he didn’t even want to be in the situation in the first place. Besides, Junhong probably found him weird, with his Tigger obsession and their six year .

Noticing the sudden silence, Junhong turned around, blinking at the alpha with wide eyes. He tilted his head innocently.

Yongguk cleared his throat, trying to distract himself from his saddening mood, “Shall we finish our Monopoly game then?”'

 


 

find me @junhng on tumblr!

this chapter was alternatively titled: yongguk has too many feelings, junhong is either weirdly-cute or cutely-weird, and mochi's a block. what a family.

a lot of you guys have said that this fic is realistic!! i'm rly happy you think so!!! like really, really. but i have to say this tiny, small, huge disclaimer - i have no idea how legal or medical issues actually work. i get the information about the contracts and stuff from movies, mostly.

i even had to google what to do during a nosebleed for this chapter jfc

anyway, (sorry for the long author's note btw),

pls tell me how i'm doing; i would appreciate it very much!