002

Up To Chance

 

002

 


 

Junhong grinned happily, ready to reply, but paused, suddenly remembering that tomorrow was Monday. He sighed in disappointment.

Choi Junhong: I have school, sorry hyung (′` )

Less than a minute later, he received a reply.

Bang Yongguk: that’s fine, are you free afterwards?

Junhong’s heart leapt and he smiled wider. In the front of the car, his mother had stopped talking about Yongguk and started talking about how lucky they were that the Bang family accepted Junhong well, despite his health issue.

Honestly, Junhong never really understood why his mother kept stressing that he had a health problem; it was kind of an exaggeration. He was just a little bit more sensitive to alphas than other omegas. He guessed she just viewed it as another disappointing thing about him – in a family of alphas, being the only omega was a stain on their reputation, and having higher hormone levels than other omegas was a sign of further weakness, if anything.

It was rare for Junhong to talk to someone who didn’t hold him up to the expectations his family did. Junhong faltered – at least, he hoped Yongguk wouldn’t. He’d only talked to the alpha for a short time over dinner, but he was already looking up to him as a role model.

He stared at his phone, wondering how he could reply politely, whilst sounding excited at the same time.

Choi Junhong: yes!! my classes end at 2:30 tmr ^^

Bang Yongguk: ill pick you up after class and we can go for a movie or something, okay?

His heart skipped a beat, and he tried to stop himself from getting too excited. Their marriage was a business deal; Yongguk was probably only doing this out of politeness – it wasn’t a date. It couldn’t be a date.

But still, Yongguk wasn’t obliged to take him out or anything; he was doing this out of his own will.

With a smile on his face and hope in his heart, Junhong replied.

Choi Junhong: sounds good, see you (´▽)

 

Junhong found himself looking forward to the meeting for the rest of the ride home, as he was trying to sleep, and for all of his classes the next day. He tried to concentrate on whatever he was meant to be doing, but his mind constantly wondered what they would do together, whether it would be awkward, and why Yongguk was so interested in him in the first place.

The student glanced at his watch again, scrunching his nose when he realised he still had half an hour left before class ended. He was occasionally copying down notes from the slideshow at the front of the lecture room, but was mainly thinking about how he was going to see Yongguk soon.

Time seemed to pass by slowly and Junhong was ready to plonk his head on the desk and sleep for 2:30 come sooner.

He checked his clothes again, making sure they were a casual, but not too slob-like. He’d woken up early to perfect it, overthinking absolutely every aspect of the meeting. Skinny blue jeans and a white button-up were simple combination, but Junhong knew he looked good in them. He was pretty confident about his clothes, but not at all for the actual...thing.

When class finally ended after what felt like a century, the omega grabbed his bag and shoved his laptop inside before speed walking out of the door and to the carpark.

To his disappointment, Bang was nowhere to be seen, but when Junhong looked at his watch he realised his class had finished earlier than usual, and it was only 2:26.

“Junhong!”

“Oh, hey Jongup hyung!”

Junhong’s alpha best friend sprinted after him. He leaned over, hands on knees as he tried to catch his breath. “You left class so quickly – do you need to be dropped off today, or are you going somewhere else?”

“Oh, it’s fine,” Junhong shook his head. “I’m going out with someone.”

Jongup stared at him, but didn’t say anything.

“Uh, with the Bang’s son. That I’m engaged to,” the omega elaborated, and Jongup nodded seriously, glancing over his outfit.

“You look good,” the alpha complimented.

“It’s not overly simple, is it?” he asked, pulling down his shirt self-consciously. His hands ran through his hair again and he wished he had time to go to the bathroom to check again.

“You look kind of like someone who plays golf a lot, but is really bad at it,” Jongup commented, nodding.

Junhong furrowed his eyebrows, but stayed silent. He had learnt not to question his best friend’s strange statements over time. Jongup was a pretty odd guy, but he was funny and smart, and even though he was also from a rich family, he wasn’t snobbish at all.

“You’re not going to play golf for your date, right?” he asked suddenly.

“Uh, no. Definitely not. We’re going to watch a movie! And it’s not a date...”

Jongup and Junhong chatted for a few minutes about Junhong’s ‘not-date’, laughing and joking around. Distracted, Junhong didn’t notice a familiar car pulling up behind him, and an alpha stepping out of it, looking at the two teenagers at the top of the stairs.

“Junhongie.”

Junhong’s eyes lit up when he recognised the voice and he turned around, exclaiming, “Yongguk hyung!”

The elder was dressed in all black, leather jacket on his shoulders and sunglasses on his face. He stood nonchalantly behind the omega. His face was usually expressionless, but today Yongguk seemed pretty annoyed about something, judging by his stormy expression. Junhong admired how handsome the alpha was, but tried to stop himself from staring for too long. On the other hand, Jongup was full-out staring at the other alpha. There was no malice in his stare – it was just a stare he did sometimes when he wanted answers.

Yongguk stared back, and Junhong could sense his alpha pheromones becoming stronger in the presence of another alpha.

“Yongguk, Jongup. Jongup, Yongguk,” Junhong introduced quickly. Both of them were quiet, so he rushed to leave in order to lessen the awkwardness, or at least the dark aura surrounding Yongguk. He smiled and waved at his best friend, “I’ll see you later, Uppie-hyung.”

Both alphas nodded at each other and Jongup waved, “See you, Junhong.”

Yongguk brought Junhong to his car, and Junhong’s eyes widened at how sleek the car looked, even though he knew nothing about cars. Yongguk led him to the passenger’s seat.

When he was seated in the passenger seat, Yongguk finally spoke, “Your best friend is that alpha?” Junhong detected a slight bite to his words, but he didn’t know why.

“How did you know he was an alpha?” Maybe Yongguk was more perceptive than he thought. “Everyone who meets him usually assumes that he’s a beta.”

Yongguk’s expression was still hard, “I guessed.”

“That was a pretty good guess then. He doesn’t release many alpha pheromones, so even I wasn’t sure what he was when I met him,” Junhong informed before pausing. “Where are we going, hyung?”

“Young Wild and Free cinemas. It’s kind of far, so I thought we could talk about your Blood Omega status on the way there? We don’t have to if you’re not comfortable, but I thought it’d be better if we did while your parents aren’t here, and while no one else can listen.”

Junhong understood perfectly. “What do you want to know?”

“I tried my best to research beforehand, but the internet doesn’t have a lot of factual information on Blood Omegas,” Yongguk explained. “They’re so rare. All I really got is that they have higher hormone levels than other omegas, which makes them more sensitive to alpha pheromones.”

Junhong nodded, “Yep. Information is so rare because we’re meant to be kept a secret. Something about how we can be easily abused or something. Dunno why though,” he added innocently.

“Well, what’s so special about having higher hormone levels?”

“Hmm... we’re more sensitive to alphas,” Junhong explained. “Sensing alphas from far away, having physical reactions to alpha pheromones, stuff like that. Um, I'm not sure if this is a Blood Omega thing, but I have really heightened senses. Oh, and our first heat arrives before our eighteenth birthday.”

Junhong remembered the confusion and pain he felt when he first got his heat. As his father called for their private emergency doctor for suppressants, his mother screamed and wailed as she felt her family’s reputation slip even further. Admittedly, he couldn’t remember much else, other than the feeling of the suppressants affecting his body. Pain lasted for two whole days before subsiding, and he remained in a locked room the whole time, left alone.

Yongguk was frowning, taking in new information which contradicted what he’d been taught his whole life. “So, when did you get your first heat then?”

“A few weeks before my sixteenth birthday,” Junhong murmured shyly, ears turning red in embarrassment when Yongguk’s eyebrows raised in surprise. The omega whispered, “U-Um, you don’t have to worry about dealing with me when I’m on my heat though. I’ve been on suppressants since my first.”

“Suppressants...” Yongguk muttered, eyes widening in alarm. “Junhongie, suppressants aren’t meant for normal people.” As someone who worked with medicine, the alpha knew suppressants permitted for omegas with other health conditions. He wondered why Junhong was even on them in the first place, when they were restricted for healthy omegas.

Junhong winced. “Yeah, hyung, but I’m a Blood Omega, I’m not exactly normal... My mother says my heats are dangerous.”

“Dangerous how?”

The omega shrugged. “She won’t tell me.”

Yongguk sighed and looked at the omega, “Your mother... she doesn’t really like how you’re a Blood Omega, huh.”

“There’s nothing to like,” Junhong replied quietly, playing with his fingers.

Yongguk’s lips formed a tight line as he pulled over, parking outside the cinemas. He unlocked the car and was about to get out when Junhong spoke quickly, “Ah, hyung, could we not talk about this once we leave the car? My mother says that if anyone else finds out I’m a Blood Omega, it won’t be good for the family...”

“Of course. I won’t tell anyone else,” Yongguk assured, and Junhong smiled softly to himself.

“I know you won’t. Thank you hyung,” he said shyly before getting out of the car, trying to divert attention from his reddening face.

Yongguk still noticed, a smile dancing on his lips as he led Junhong inside the cinemas. The walk from the carpark to the elevators wasn’t long, but the cinemas were located on the top floor, and the pair found themselves standing in silence as the elevator brought them to the correct level.

The omega kept glancing at Yongguk’s hand, not sure if he was welcomed to hold it tightly like last time. He wanted to, but he wasn’t sure if Yongguk would be okay with it; he didn’t even know if Yongguk liked him, or was just doing what he had to for the business deal.

Junhong shook his head, trying to clear his head of the negative thoughts, and hesitantly reached out to take the alpha’s hand. He quickly looked away to avoid embarrassment, cheeks burning red. Yongguk squeezed his hand gently as an acknowledgement, before lightly pulling the omega to their destination. Junhong followed obediently, trying to stay as close as possible to the alpha who was soon becoming his favourite hyung.

To his surprise, Yongguk walked straight past the counter for tickets, and through the security. Junhong looked around, not familiar with the set up of Young Wild and Free cinemas. Still, he padded after Yongguk, holding his hand tightly.

The alpha pulled him through a door and into a theatre, trying to get him to move quickly, but Junhong’s eyes had already latched onto the words PRIVATE SCREENING on the door.

“A private screening?!” the omega exclaimed, eyes wide as he looked around the giant space. “Yongguk hyung, this is so much...” He felt like fainting; he hardly went out to watch movies, let alone get gold class tickets. A private screening was on a whole new level.

Not only was the movie private to the both of them, Yongguk had apparently also ordered first-class food and service. The alpha took some sushi from a platter in front of some cushioned seats, and offered some to the omega. When Junhong didn’t react, Yongguk ate it himself, nodding in satisfaction.

“Just enjoy,” Yongguk told him, getting comfortable on one of the seats. He patted the one next to him and Junhong sat down stiffly, still in shock. “Junhongie, don’t be so nervous,” he laughed, slinging an arm over the omega’s shoulders. Junhong was too shocked to even register how close Yongguk was to him.

“B-But... I don’t – I can’t, I... I can’t accept this? It’s too much, hyung.” Junhong was at a loss for words. He kept looking at the giant screen, to Yongguk and back again.

“Of course you can,” Yongguk said easily. “Let me treat you, okay? There’s no other way I’d rather spend my money than on my fiancé.” The sound of the word made Junhong flustered, and he opened his mouth to argue, only for Yongguk to cut him off. “It’s not a problem, Junnie.”

Junhong felt his heart skip a beat at the affectionate nickname and how generous the elder was, but he still sighed reluctantly. “Yongguk hyung...”

“Junhongie,” Yongguk copied his tone and pulled him closer. Junhong stayed quiet, still unhappy.

The omega pouted, huffing to himself. Yongguk blinked, thinking about how reminiscent Junhong was to a puppy. “Hyung~” the other whined, seeing how he wasn’t giving in.

Yongguk’s eyes softened and he chuckled, “You’re absolutely adorable, Junnie, but that only makes me want to spoil you more.”

Junhong blushed even more, both embarrassed and frustrated that Yongguk wasn’t giving in. Before Junhong could try some other tactics, the alpha gestured for the movie to start, and the lights dimmed. The omega watched the wide screen in amazement as the movie started, forgetting his previous reluctance and fulling engaging with the movie. Subconsciously, he leaned into Yongguk’s warmth, feeling comforted by the protective pheromones the alpha was releasing.

Occasionally throughout the movie, Yongguk would offer Junhong some food, but the younger just sat, entranced by the movie. The alpha wished he could take a picture of Junhong’s awed face, finding him extremely endearing.

“Hyung, you’re not watching?” Junhong questioned, eyes not leaving the screen.

“I am,” Yongguk smiled, gazing at him for a bit longer before returning to watch the movie. It was some action mystery movie with high ratings from critics, but Yongguk preferred to watch the omega beside him. After some prodding from Junhong, he finally turned to watch the movie.

Junhong’s hand remained clasped in his for the rest of the movie.

 


 

find me @junhng on tumblr

oh ya, i wasn't joking when i said there would be heaps of fluff

#banglo (ᅌᴗᅌ✿)

tell me what you think about this chapter!!