Better late than never

Short Stories (Former: When Boredom Strikes)

Call her crazy, but she thinks she really is crazy right at that moment she entered that room where her best friend is dress in a white beautiful wedding gown which emphasize more her physical attributes. Call her slow, but she really thinks she is the moment their eyes met and she only realize how her heart reacts at the beauty in front of her. Maybe she was really slow for not getting all the hints her best friend always tries to give her. Call her stupid because she just realized now how those eyes are full of melancholy, yet her best friend is smiling.

 

"Tae." Taeyeon is stock on her place as all these thoughts came to her like a bullet train. Damn. How slow can she be? She smiled at the beauty in front of her and walk to her best friend. She felt her knees loosed its strength as she stood just in front of the beautiful girl.

 

"Fany... I'm sorry." She can feel pain surging to her chest as run dry. The girl in the wedding dress frown hard.

 

"Why are you saying sorry?" Tiffany is confused on what Taeyeon is talking about. Taeyeon smile a little as she reached for the latter’s hand and cares it.

 

"Sorry for only realizing it now Fany ah." Tiffany's eyes slowly grew wide, mouth gape as she had a clue on what Taeyeon is talking about, but she is afraid. Afraid that she misinterpreted what her best friend is saying.

 

"Fany.." Taeyeon said gently. She step a little closer, almost leaving no space between them. Her hands found the latter’ss cheeks and cupped it. Taeyeon's gaze is making her heart doubles its pace. She bit her lip waiting for Taeyeon to confirm her wild guess.

 

"Are we on the same page darling?" Oh goodness gracious. Tiffany's heart is almost leaping from her chest. Tiffany felt her knees loosed its strength, with her limbs quite shaking she manage to slowly nod her head. Taeyeon's grin is enough for her to know she isn't dreaming. Tiffany's tears started to cloud her vision.

 

"Hey.. why are you crying darling?" Tiffany lost it. Her tears started to run down her cheeks. But despite those tears her grin is enough to assure the girl that she is happy. Beyond happy.

 

"I.. I can't believe you're saying this now." Her voice crocked, but she didn't care. Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"I'm sorry. I guess I was too slow, but it's better late than never isn't?" Tiffany couldn't agree more and with that Tiffany finally close the gap that separates them and claim the latter's lips. It is as if Taeyeon's heart only wish for this moment. It is as if she is finally complete. Like this is what she is craving for. As their lips part, both have a satisfied smile on their lips.

 

"Fany.. come with me. Let's go far away from this place and if you will agree, I know that we only started just moments ago, but if you will agree.." Taeyeon pause. Her smile is not as confident as it is a while ago. She starts to feel the impending impact of the result of what she is about to ask to Tiffany. Taeyeon's hand is sweating, Tiffany can feel it. There is nervousness in the latter's eyes and Tiffany can't help not to hope that the latter would ask her that question. Taeyeon nervously cares the latter's hand as she kneel on one knee.

 

"Uhmm I don't have a ring right now cause this is really unexpected. I didn't even know that I will realize it just now. I honestly didn't know what my heart had always wanted. But today It is clear to me Fany. My heart had always wanted to be with you. I was so stupid and slow for not realizing it sooner and for that I'm really sorry." Taeyeon bit her lip. "Fany I love you. I have always love you. So will you please go with me and marry me Tiffany Hwang?" Tiffany grin. It is too dazzling for Taeyeon and it only make her heart doubles its pace.

 

"I love you too Taeyeon ah.. I have always love you." She paused and bit her lip. She looked up to the ceiling trying to stop the tears that are threatening to fall.

 

"Oh gosh. I've never expect that this day will come. Heck I've even lost hope that this day will come." Tears stars to fall from Tiffany's eyes. Taeyeon stood up and wipe the tears.

 

"I'm sorry Fany." Tiffany press her index finger to Taeyeon's lips.

 

"Shh.. Stop saying sorry." Tiffany smile.

 

"I will love to go with you and marry you Taeyeon." They find themselves in each others arms. Both are very happy that their heart finally had what it always wants. Both was startled when a loud knock echoes the room.

 

"Ms. Tiffany?" Both their eyes grew wide as they realize that they are still in trouble.

 

"Taeyeon we need to get out of here. Fast." Taeyeon nod.

 

"I know. We can use the windows to get out of here." Their hands found each others and hold onto it tightly. Taeyeon lead the way as she helped Tiffany with her dress. The loud knocking continues.

 

"Tiffany!" They heard her groom or should they call him as her ex-fiancee. Panic almost over come them, but adrenaline rush kicked in. The moment the door was open harshly Tiffany and her ex fiancée's eyes met. She smiled sadly and mouthed 'sorry'. Tiffany felt guilty for leaving him, but she don't want to punish both her and her fiancee anymore. She love Taeyeon and it will only be unfair to him if she continues the wedding.

 

"Go get her!" He growled. His voice is very authoritative that make the people around him flinch. Taeyeon is fast to get to her car with Tiffany. They saw people trying to run after them. Taeyeon starts to panic as she helped Tiffany let the rest of her dress put inside her car.

 

"Geez Taeyeon. Nevermind this dress. Get inside. NOW." Taeyeon feels the adrenaline rush as she quickly closed the door and run to the driver's seat of her car. She quickly started her car once she's inside. They are already on the highway when Tiffany suddenly chuckle. Taeyeon looked at her weirdly.

 

"I can't believe this. You're finally mine and my fiancée. Gosh." Taeyeon smiled at the statement. She finally felt complete, like the most important wish that she had, happened today. Her hand found the latter's hand. She held it and kiss the back of Tiffany's hand.

 

"Me too Fany. But this is really happening and I never felt this complete."