One Thing

Short Stories (Former: When Boredom Strikes)

Kim Taeyeon. 

 

The girl who have my attention for months now. What's so unique about her? I'm not sure myself. She's your usual normal student. One of the quiet ones. The one who people usually don't care about in a class. But what's this one thing that got my attention on her? Me, Tiffany Hwang, the queenka in our school got her attention. Not to be cocky, but I know I catch almost everyone's attention wherever I go. Maybe it's my grades, my beauty, my attitude or maybe even my family's wealth that got their attention. But with Kim Taeyeon I can't name exactly why I'm fond of her. 

 

Was it because of her weird laugh? Yes weird laugh. She laughs like an old lady sometimes. Loud and genuine. That's how i can describe her laugh just like now. My ears heard something familiar not far from where I'm sitting in our classroom. I tried to locate where the noise was coming and I saw wide open, laughing hysterically with her friend. Her laugh might sound weird, but actually it's contagious that I need to stop the urge to laugh with her. 

 

Was it her crazy fan girl side? 

"Oh my god! Hyo did you already listened to Red Velvet's new song?" Her voice was loud that it immediately caught my attention once she came inside our classroom. It's early in the morning, yet her energy is on the top already. Oh I guess it's another day for her to ramble things that she love the most about her favorite k-pop girl group. And when I say ramble about it, it only means squealing and gushing about her bias. I feel my lips tugging into a smile as I look at her. She looks really happy, and somehow it also made my mood better.

 

Was it her carefree attitude? The type who doesn't mind what others think of her. She's just being Taeyeon.

 

"Yah! You're gross!" I heard her friend scold her. She just shrugged as she ate the piece of fries that fell on the floor.

 

"I picked it up not more than 5 seconds Hyo." She reasoned out as she continued eating her fries. 

 

And I guess that's what I like about her. Like.. Oh God. Yes, like. Who wouldn't like her? Now a days where most people tend to wear a mask and just get with the flow with their peers, it's a treasure to find someone like Taeyeon.

 

But will she like me back? Does she even like girls? I was so loss in my thoughts that I didn't realize I was unconsciously having eye contact with her. ! I bolt in my seat as i adjusted the way i sit. . . She's still looking at me. I started to feel really nervous as i fidget in my seat. 

 

I managed to smile at her trying not to act awkward and nervous. She cast a small smile at me before she continued talking with her friend. Wow. She's breathtakingly beautiful, and she just smiled at me. I sighed in relief as i feel giddy inside. My cheeks are probably red now, as my heart  beat erratically.


×××××


Normally boys or sometimes girls are the one who usually admit their feelings for me and not the other way around, so this is really challenging to me because I'm having thoughts of confessing my feelings for Taeyeon. 

As the days goes by i have been zoning out frequently. I mean how can i focus when I know to myself my feelings for Taeyeon are getting deeper. I can't let this continue. I was lucky to read from a news article the other day that Taeyeon's favorite girl group, red velvet will have their first concert. I immediately bought tickets when they started to sell. It was dismissal time when I approached Taeyeon. I won't lie I'm nervous. This is a first time I'm asking someone out, i mean yes it'll be in a friendly way, but she's just making me crazy when I'm in front of her.

 

"Taeyeon ssi is it okay if i talk to you for a second?" 

 

Her eyes grew wide for a second when she saw it was me who tap her shoulder and talk to her.

 

"Ah sure."

 

We walk pass the hallway that is crowded because it's already dismissal time. Taeyeon followed me behind. I can feel my heart racing. I'm anxious of her answer, if she's going to accept my offer. Through my peripheral vision I can feel eyes casted on me and some probably throwing a glance at Taeyeon. I am used to this, but I'm quite worried if Taeyeon is okay with some of the attention that are thrown at her. I stopped at the end of the hallway where less people are here. I cleared my throat before I spoke.

 

"You're a fan of Red Velvet right?" I asked straight forward. Her eyes grew wide for a second before a shy grin escaped her lips. She nodded.

 

"Yeah. I'm a Reveluv." She said proudly. The gleam in her eyes is beautiful. I smile as I pulled the two concert tickets in my pocket.

 

"Can you go with me? I actually don't know who to go with." I bit my lip as she gasp. Hands covering as her eyes grew wide.

 

"Oh my god! Tiffany ssi.." She pause as she reached for the tickets in my hand. She look intently at the tickets before she exclaim again.

 

"Oh gosh. These are real tickets!" She gasp again. "And it's a VIP ticket!" She look at me agape. I saw her gulp before she spoke.

 

"You've got to be kidding me. Why me? I mean you have many friends to go with. Right?" I manage to chuckle despite how my heart is racing each second.

 

"Plus I'm just an ordinary student Tiffany ssi." She added quickly. I frown at her words.

 

"Taeyeon I know how popular I am in our school, but that doesn't mean I'll be snob. Plus no matter how popular I am, it wouldn't change the fact that both of us are just students. What's wrong with choosing you to go with me? You're a fan of them right? Plus my friends have a different schedules for that day. I'm sure going with you wouldn't be bad, in fact I think I can enjoy the concert more since I saw how much you adored them." Is she blushing? There's a visible blush on her cheeks as she spoke.

 

"Adore is an understatement of how much I love them." I chuckle.

 

"Then that'll be more fun, so will you accept my offer and go with me?"

 

She had a sheepish grin as she nod, with her cheeks becoming more reddish as each second pass.


×××××


I was fidgeting to where I was standing as I wait for Taeyeon. Tonight is the first concert of her favorite girl group and here I am making sure I am at least 15 minutes early from our usual meeting time. 

 

A tap on my shoulder made me turned around. 

 

"Tiffany ssi am I late?" 

 

I blink twice, thrice as i take in how beautiful- no handsome.. . How can she be beautiful and handsome at the same time? She was wearing a black tight pants, plain black flannel shirt and under it was a white shirt. Her hair was tied into ponytail, plus the black ribbon headband which adds up to my confusion on how can she be both handsome and beautiful. 

 

"Tiffany?" I cleared my throat masking my embarrassment as i try to divert my eyes from her. 

 

"No you're not late. I'm just really early." I manage to gave her a smile. She heave a sigh in relief.

 

"I thought I was late." She chuckle making me smile.

 

"Shall we fall in line now?" She ask. I nod as I follow her.

 

As we enter the concert hall I look at Taeyeon and saw a smile plaster in her face while we walk going to our seats.

 

"You're really excited huh?" I ask. She look at me with a grin in her face, as her eyes gleam and meet mine.

 

"I am. Thank you for inviting me. This is a dream come true." A grin escape my lips.

 

"I'm glad." I murmur.

 

"What?" She ask not quite catching what i said. 

 

"I said I'm glad to share this experience with you." I elaborate my words.

 

"Ahh." She said the smile on her lips never left. "Me too." She continued then pause and avert her eyes for a while before meeting my expectant eyes again.

 

"I never expected any of this. I really thought I'm not going to be able to watch them live, but here I am living my dreams with the queenka of our school." She chuckle.

 

"All of these are so unexpected, but I'm also glad to share this with you." Maybe the grin I have is too wide, but who cares when I know I already made an impression to her.


The concert started. The first vcr is playing already. I can see from my peripheral vision how hard Taeyeon was holding onto the armchair.

 

"Taeyeon ssi." I call for her attention. Her eyes was full of warmth and happiness as she look at me with a smile.

 

"Yeah?" I smile back.

 

"Don't hold back. Just fan girl to your heart's content." I chuckle when she bit her lips in embarrassment.

 

"For tonight think of me as your friend, so don't be shy to show how much you love them. I'm just here to support what's making you happy." I bit my tongue as i realize what i said. I want to explain myself further, but she bit me into it.

 

"Okay. Thank you Tiffany." She said with a smile before turning back her attention in the wide screen. Thank God she's not looking at me anymore cause I'm sure I'm blushing with the way she thanked me and mentioned my name.

 

Throughout the whole concert I watched her. I may sound creepy with what I said, but the happiness I felt knowing that I made her dream come true, the smile that never left her face, the gleam in her eyes. All of that made me feel content. I intend to make her happy and to fulfill one of her dream, but I didn't realize that by doing this I'll fall for her.

 

The concert is already finish as we walk to the exit. Once we are outside i start to talk.

 

"I'll accompany you home Taeyeon. It's almost midnight, it's not that safe for you to hail a cab." She smile.

 

"You have been so kind to me Tiffany. I don't want to bother you anymore." I frown.

 

"That's nonsense. You weren't a bother. It was me who asked you to join me in this concert, so let me accompany you home?" Taeyeon chuckle.

 

"You are one persistent queenka." I laugh at what she said.

 

"I'm just worried for your safety." I bit my tongue as it unconsciously slip out. Taeyeon giggle.

 

"I know."

 

×××××

 

I let my driver park the car not far from where Taeyeon's house is. As we got out of my car we walk to where Taeyeon's house is. Once in front of her house she speak.

 

"So this where I live." She chuckle then continue to speak. "Sorry it's not that big.."

 

"Hey! Do you really think I'm that kind of person who look down to others?" I ask a frown emerging on my face. She shook her head.

 

"After all your kindness, i know you're different from the other daughters of rich businessmen out there." I grin.

 

"That's good to know."

 

"So uhm I guess I better get inside?" Taeyeon ask. I cleared my throat before I spoke. This is it. I can do this.

 

"Actually I have something to say to you first."  Taeyeon smile.

 


"Okay." I exhaled nervously.

 


"There's a deeper reason why I asked you out to accompany me to the concert." I pause feeling how hard my heart is thumping. I tried to maintain my eye contact with Taeyeon, but my nervousness is killing me. 

 

"Hey. Are you okay? You look tense Tiffany." I just nod. 

 

"Taeyeon what do you think of same relationship?" Taeyeon's eyebrow lift.

 

"Well your question was out of the blue, but to answer your question, for me i am pro same relationship. Love knows no gender Tiffany." I bit my lips suppressing my smile. 

 

"So will it be okay if I court you Taeyeon?" It took at least three to five seconds before Taeyeon's eyes grew wide and agape, hands flying fast to as it suppress her gasp.

 

"T-Tiffany ssi.. Are you serious right now?" I smile and stare at her brown orbs.

 

"Yes I am."

 

"B-but I'm just me.. I'm nothing special." 

 

"Taeyeon you being yourself is what makes you special." . That was too cheesy.

 

"Sorry. Oh gosh that made me cringe a bit, but I'm just stating what my heart says." I pat my chest right above where my heart is located as I spoke. Taeyeon chuckle and speak.

 

"I guess you're a natural sweet talker."  I scratch my eyebrow as I speak.

 

"Yeah and a little hopeless romantic." Taeyeon chuckle which made me laugh too.

 

"But uhm you haven't answered my last question." Nervousness kicks hard again into my system as I wait for her to speak.

 

"What's your question again?" She ask. Wait is she smirking?

 

"Can I court you Taeyeon?" She smile.

 

"I'm gonna admit I'm not sure of your true intentions about me Tiffany and it scares me."

 

"That's why i hope you give me a chance to prove to you how much I like you." Her eyes grew wide as blush crept on to her cheeks. She averted her eyes from me  biting her lips.

 

"You are one hell of a straightforward person Tiffany." I giggle.

 

"Sorry. It's just that I don't want beating around the bush." Taeyeon nodded.

 

"Hmm okay."

 

"Okay?" Taeyeon threw a glance at me her face was really red now as she spoke.

 

"Yeah. I mean I'm saying yes to you." She suddenly covered her face with her hand. I can't help not to let a grin as it sunk in to me. She said yes! Taeyeon is allowing me to court her. I pry her hands away from her face.

 

"Taeyeon look at me." I giggle. Her face is really red.

 

"Ugh this is embarrassing."  She said with a groan.

 

"No it's not. Look at me Taeyeon ah." She slowly meet my expectant eyes. 

 

"Thank you Taeyeon." I smile at her. A grin formed in her lips.

 

"I'm hoping that you will prove me that my decision is right." 

 

"I will take this chance wisely." I said with a grin, feeling my insides burst into happiness.

 

=========

I just wrote this in my phone, so forgive me if it's not that pleasing in the eyes haha this is just a story i had been wanting to write, so I hope i can read some of you reactions about this :) thank you ^_^

>>>angel_lamb13