STAY

Short Stories (Former: When Boredom Strikes)

 

 

Her knees trembled, heart thumped wild as she walked slowly with so many thoughts floating in her head. Did I choose the right decision? Why does she wanted to talk to me? She stopped just in front of an apartment door. She inhaled slowly, but the air she inhaled only suffocated her. Her chest felt heavy as she started to rang the doorbell. Her heart was beating fast than usual. She was anxious. She wasn't strong. She doesn't know if she can take what might happen today. As the door opened her breathe hitched.

 

The girl who opened the door was looking at the floor, obviously showing her that the girl doesn't want to look at her and it hurt her more. She hated herself more for wishing for the girl's comfort when she is the sole reason why they are like this now.

 

"Come in." The girl's voice was cold. It was far from the sweet warm tone Taeyeon was used too. And it hurt her more. Every step she took, as she entered the apartment, she felt her heart breaking again. Little by little. Pieces by pieces.

 

She sat on the couch and the latter sat beside her. They were the perfect definition of so close, yet so far. "What do you want to talk about Tiffany?" She tried so hard to sound cold. To sound strong. That she was okay. That her decision was right. That everything will be okay for her. For them.

 

But she was surprised when she was met by those swollen, round eyes. Tiffany look straight to her soul. And it broke her too much when tears started to linger on those eyes.

 

"You wanted to end our friendship right?" Every words Tiffany uttered, Taeyeon felt how hard it was for the girl. It is as if every words she had said poisoned her. Taeyeon gulp hard. Tiffany wasn't wearing any mask anymore. She was freely showing her that she was hurt. That she hurted the one and only girl who stole her heart. Taeyeon nod weakly. She was loosing it. She was loosing her act.

 

Tiffany never cried this hard in front of her. If she did it was because of sappy romantic movies, but never because she was hurt. Taeyeon was broken too, just like the girl in front of her. But she wondered, does she see how broken I am too? It hurts too much Miyoung.

 

"Then..." There was a long pause. It is as if the next few words that will be uttered will cause a major destruction for both of them. Like it will be the biggest lie ever said. "It is settled then.." Tiffany stared to her eyes again. Tiffany is too broken. Taeyeon can freely see through it whether the latter put on her mask or not. She always knew how to comfort her. Always knew how to put a smile on that face. Always knew what the girl needs without words being uttered, and just like today she knew very well what those unsaid word is. Those unsaid desire is. Stay. She knew the latter wanted her to stay, but she can't.

 

She need to get away from Tiffany. Far away from what may cause her to lose her sanity. Far away from the person who can make her abandon everything she ever have. Taeyeon knew if she don't run far away from this girl, she might lose it. She might lose her herself and just drown into the pool of emotions that only Tiffany can make her feel.

 

"You're not my best friend anymore." There Tiffany finally said what she had yearned for, yet it hurts. She imagined Tiffany saying this on the other way, not like this. Imagining that she'll finally claim her as her girlfriend, but Taeyeon knew that she wouldn't - it couldn't happen. It broke the remaining pieces of Taeyeon's heart because the only thing that she had with Tiffany was now gone too. Taeyeon managed to smile despite how her lips are quivering.

 

"That's good. I wish you all the happiness specially with Siwon oppa." Taeyeon stood up and quickly rush to get outside of the apartment. She halted in her step just before she can open the door. First tear fell. Please Miyoung. Please say that you wanted me to stay. Second tear fell. Please Miyoung. Third tear was followed by fourth, fifth and all the pent up emotions came like a rushing wave. Say it coward. Say it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But Tiffany didn't. She never uttered for the girl to stay.

 

Taeyeon was very broken inside as she weakly twisted the door knob. She need to own up her decision even if it taste like hell. Even if it made her feel like her chest was ripped opened apart as if her heart wasn't there because she's too numb already. Too numb to feel alive. Too tired to live.