200%

Short Stories (Former: When Boredom Strikes)

So this is the part 2 of One Thing! :)

========

Monday came after that weekend that Tiffany and Taeyeon shared that beautiful memory of their first concert together. After Taeyeon accepted her to court the latter, they had been texting each other more frequently. Getting to know each other better.

 

It was already lunch time, students swarm to the canteen. Tiffany walk with her friends to the canteen area. Everything was normal for everyone, except for their queenka, Tiffany. The girl was rather nervous, yet excited. As they entered the canteen area her eyes scanned the place looking for a particular someone. Once her eyes spotted Taeyeon she excused herself from her friends first and proceed to approach the latter who was busily chatting with her friend. 

 

"Taeyeon ah."

 

Tiffany spoke once she was behind the latter. Taeyeon's friend, Hyoyeon, had her eyes wide when she saw their queenka talking with her friend. Taeyeon looked behind her and met Tiffany's smiling eyes. She stood up to be able to talk properly with Tiffany.

 

"Have you bought something to eat?" Taeyeon shook her head in response. Tiffany grinned.

 

"Perfect." She then lifted the lunch box she was holding and gave it to Taeyeon. "Here. I cooked this for you. I hope you'll like it." Tiffany bit her lower lip suppressing the smile that's creeping in her lips as Taeyeon accepted the lunch box. She was still dumbfounded with Tiffany's actions. Her eyes where casted on the pink lunch box in her hand.

 

"Th-Thank you." She stuttered. She felt her cheeks warming up as she met Tiffany's eyes.

 

"Eat well Taeyeon ah." Tiffany patted her head affectionately which cause Taeyeon's heart to flutter. "See you later." Tiffany said before she turn in her heels and proceed to where her friends are.

 

Once Tiffany finally met her friends again on their table, that's the only time Taeyeon realized all eyes was on her and Tiffany. She awkwardly sat on her chair feeling shy and intimidated by all the stare she had been receiving. After a few seconds of more and more awkwardness, thankfully, for Taeyeon the students decide to proceed on their own business again.

 

"Hey." Hyoyeon spoke while they are eating their lunch. Taeyeon was busy devouring her free lunch as she met Hyoyeon's eyes.

 

"What's with the Tiffany Hwang giving you some free cooked lunch which if i may add is specially made by hers?" Taeyeon drunk first her water before she answered Hyoyeon as nonchalant as she can masking the shyness she felt.

 

"She's courting me."

 

"She what?!" Hyoyeon asked loudly.

 

"Shhh!" Taeyeon hushed Hyoyeon in panic. She almost groaned when some people threw another curious stare on her.

 

"You heard me Hyo." Taeyeon spoke as calm as she can. She felt uneasy with all the stares, but she thought she need to get used to this specially if it turns out that she might like Tiffany too.

 

"H-how? W-when?" And so Taeyeon told her everything that happened to them since that concert night.


******

 

It was dismissal time, as Taeyeon walked out of their classroom she saw Tiffany leaning on the wall near the doorway.

 

"Taeyeon ah." The latter called for her once she got out of their classroom.

 

"Do you have anywhere to go  after class?" Taeyeon smiled.

 

"Nope. I'm actually going home."

 

"Is it okay if i accompany you home?" Tiffany asked both hands holding on the strap of her back pack.

 

"But I only walk home Tiffany." 

 

"It's not a problem to me, so let's go?"

 

Eyes had been on them as they walk on the hallway. Tiffany worried too much if Taeyeon is beginning to feel uncomfortable with all the attention she had been getting because of her. Taeyeon on the other side had been feeling uneasy with all the stares, but she had been trying to cope up because this attention she had been getting is part of who Tiffany is. 

 

Once they're out of their school campus, free from all the suffocating and curious stares they got, Tiffany exhaled in relief. She stopped walking, making Taeyeon to stop walking too. Tiffany looked at the latter as she apologized.

 

"I'm sorry for all of that uncomfortable stare Taeyeon ah." Taeyeon beamed easing the frown that had been creeping on the queenka's face.

 

"It's fine really. Please don't feel bad."

 

"But I knew it's unconformable for you."

 

"Tiffany I agreed for you to court me. It also meant that I am willing to know who you are in order for me to see your true intentions for me and for me to weight if whether we can work out as a couple or not. Effort is a two way process, and right now yes I'll admit it was awkward and i felt uneasy at first, but I'm coping up because this attention I'm getting is part of who you are." Taeyeon explained. Tiffany bit her lip. She might be still courting Taeyeon, but she knew for sure once she finally get Taeyeon, she will be the luckiest girl for having someone like Taeyeon.

 

"Thank you Taeyeon ah." The said girl smiled.

 

"It's nothing. Anyway the lunch you cooked for me. It really taste good how come you knew how to cook?" Tiffany chuckled as they continue to walk again.

 

"Just because I've been raised in a rich family that doesn't mean i don't know how to cook." Taeyeon giggled.

 

"You just kept on surprising me queenka." Tiffany smirked.

 

"I know right I'm one of a kind." Taeyeon laughed at the sudden burst of confidence. Once the laughter died down their eyes met and locked. A gentle smile spread on their lips. Both knew their hearts had been one step closer to each other that day.

 

******

 

"Tiffany." 

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Are you even listening to what I am saying?"

"Uh huh." 

 

"Really? It doesn't even look like it." Tiffany chuckled. Her head was still propped on her hand on the table as she intently looked at Taeyeon, as the latter read the questions on the paper. They had been partnered up for the activity, and they need to answer the work sheet provided. 

 

"I was listening Taeyeon ah. It's just fascinating how beautiful you are that's why i can't take my eyes off you." Taeyeon guffawed. 

 

"Sweet talk again." Tiffany grinned and defended herself.

 

"It may sound like that, but I was just being straight to the point and honest." Taeyeon beamed at the latter's answer. She inadvertently threw a glance on their surroundings. She saw some of their classmates curiously throwing a glance at them. Tiffany notice her actions.

 

"Will it bother you if they found out that I'm courting you?" Tiffany asked. Taeyeon paused for a while thinking thoroughly of her answer.

 

"Maybe? Of course we don't know how they'll take it plus what might change, but I trust you to choose what's the better option for the both of us." Tiffany smiled then asked.

 

"Can I be honest?" Taeyeon nodded.

 

"I know I've only courted you for almost five months, and we've only known each other on that span of time, but I'm already falling for you Taeyeon." 

 

Taeyeon didn't know how many times she blinked. Heat started to creep on her cheeks as she felt the butterflies in her tummy fluttering. Warmth spread like a wildfire in her heart melting her insides, as an unconscious grin escape Taeyeon's lips.

 

******

 

The progress for Tiffany's courting had been pleasant. Tiffany put her 200% effort every single day in courting Taeyeon. From making lunch or snacks for Taeyeon. To accompanying the latter in going home or sometimes even fetching her in the morning. As months pass by, Taeyeon had grown comfortable with Tiffany. She can say Tiffany was a close friend to her if she set aside that the latter was courting her. Taeyeon was not much of a talker, but when she was with Tiffany she can speak freely of what's on her mind. Tiffany make her feel secured. The latter was attentive to her needs and very caring. The best part if Taeyeon might add, Tiffany listens to her even if she only blabbers about some boring stuff just like her obsession with Red Velvet. 

 

But one month after Tiffany confessed to her that she was already falling for her, Taeyeon gained another suitor. His name was Leetuk. His a very charming man. Smart. Gentleman. Many girls had been crushing on him. One day when Tiffany joined Taeyeon and Hyoyeon while they're having their lunch Leetuk approached Taeyeon. 

 

"Taeyeon ssi will you allow me to court you and be able to show you my genuine feelings."

 

Taeyeon bit her lips. She felt bad for rejecting the guy, but what can she do when a certain queenka had been slowly creeping in her heart already.

 

"Sorry, but I can't."


"Why? You're single right?"

 

"Yes, but I don't plan to be in a relationship at the moment. I want to focus in my studies. I'm sorry."

 

She lied. She just can't admit yet that she likes someone else. Taeyeon had her reason. She still want to know more Tiffany. It might be a slow pace for them, but Taeyeon felt right about everything that was happening between her and their school's queenka.

 

However, Leetuk had been persistent with Taeyeon that sometimes it ruined Tiffany and Taeyeon's time alone together. Frustration also started to creep into Tiffany's mind and heart. Half of her was scared that maybe because of Leetuk's persistence it might cause Taeyeon to just agree to be courted by the latter.

 

============

And I'll end the part 2 here cause yes there will be a part 3 haha :D I'd like to keep this as a tease on what's coming on the next part of our queenka and our ordinary student story ;)

>>>angel_lamb13