Karaoke I

The After School Club

 

FaceNovel Group Name: The After School Club

 

- Junmyeon has added Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Kai, Sehun, Kris, Luhan, Minseok, Yixing, Jongdae, Tao, and Eunji to the conversation –

 

Junmyeon: Did I do it correctly? Testing testing 1, 2, 3.

Eunji: Yes, you did!

 

- Chanyeol has changed Junmyeon’s nickname to $uho –

 

$uho: What just happened?

$uho: Wait, why did my name change???

Jongdae: LOOOOOOLLLLLL GOOD ONE CHANYEOL

Chanyeol: :P

$uho: I’ll just get Sebastian to fix this after.

Luhan: Who’s Sebastian? Is she hot?

$uho: Sebastian is my personal butler. He graduated college with a degree in technological services, so he often helps me when I have a technology related issue. And no, Luhan, Sebastian is a guy.

Kris: Unless you’re into that kind of stuff. Definitely not my style.

Minseok: Guys, it’s already 3:30 pm, and we’re all sitting next to each other in real life, so why are we using FaceNovel?

 

- Seen by Eunji and 11 others -

 

“That’s a good point,” Eunji said as she diverted her attention from her phone screen and looked up at the 12 other club members. They were currently sitting down on some sofas in the lobby of the town’s most popular karaoke place, TVXQ! Karaoke, leeching off the free wi-fi.

 

“Well, in my defense I did try to talk to you guys, but everyone was so engrossed in their phones that you didn’t even hear me calling your names,” Minseok said.

 

“I heard you,” Tao said nonchalantly as he played a game on his phone. “I just chose not to respond.”

 

“Rude,” Minseok mumbled.

 

“Baek, you cheated!” Chanyeol’s voice resonated through the lobby.

 

“What, no I didn’t! I won that Tetris game fair and square!” Baekhyun argued back.

 

“Oh, then why was Jongdae conveniently in my face and pressing buttons on my phone? You told him to do that!” Chanyeol snapped, clearly upset.

 

“I didn’t tell Jongdae to do that!”

 

“Chanyeol, calm down, Baekhyun didn’t tell me to do that. I thought it’d be funny, so I did it,” Jongdae explained, shrugging his shoulders. “Dude you need to calm down, it’s only a game.”

 

Chanyeol pouted and slipped his phone away in a pocket of his cardigan that was clearly too small for him. When it fell out, the second year student grumbled incoherent complaints about how stores never have his size and proceeded to stuff his phone into his backpack.

 

“Tao, you didn’t see the messages?” Kai asked his classmate, who was sitting across from him.

 

“What messages?” Tao asked skeptically.

 

“The FaceNovel group messages,” Kyungsoo replied coolly.

 

“I don’t check FaceNovel,” Tao said and brushed through his hair. “I only check my Instagrain and SnapCon, and text messages of course.”

 

“Of course,” Baekhyun imitated Tao’s voice, making it sound extremely high-pitched.

 

“Real mature, hyung,” Tao sneered.

 

Eunji focused her attention to Suho, who was in the process of rubbing his temples. She wondered how the upper year student put up with the eleven other members, and asked herself why he did it in the first place. Suho called a worker over and asked if their room was ready yet. Then, he kindly asked her for thirteen orders of their famous oolong bubble tea.

 

“Yes, I was just about to come and call you over to your room. Follow me,” the young worker said. “I shall have your bubble tea prepared as quickly as possible.”

 

.::.           .::.           .::.

 

“I’m Luhan. I enjoy waterfalls, classical music, and long walks on the beach,” Luhan said to the female worker with a wink. He took a seat next to Sehun once they got to their karaoke room. “What’s your name?”

 

“Well, according to my nametag it’s Seo Ahn,” the worker said with a smile as she pointed to the plastic nametag on her uniform. “And that’s all very nice, sir, but I have a boyfriend.”

 

Seo Ahn set down thirteen glasses of bubble tea and did a quick check of the sound equipment to make sure everything was working accordingly. “Ah, lost another one,” Luhan snapped his fingers and sighed in disappointment.

 

“I love…singing,” Yixing said softly and smiled. “Can I sing first?”

 

Since no one had any complaints, Yixing took that as a yes and picked up the microphone. He chose a Chinese Song, “Monodrama” by popular artist, Lay. Eunji nearly fell off her seat once she heard him sing. His voice was angelic and listening to it made her worries disappear.

 

‘Curse me and my soft spot for guys who can sing,’ she mentally lectured herself.

 

“Can’t have Yixing hogging all the spotlight for himself,” Luhan grinned and stepped on stage next. He chose “Your Song” by another popular artist, Lu Han. Despite not being able to understand a word of the song, Eunji couldn’t help but swoon at his voice.

 

It was then that Eunji realized the first two songs were not in Korean. “Was that Chinese?” she asked.

 

“Mandarin, actually,” Luhan replied.

 

“You two know Mandarin?!” Eunji gasped.

 

“We’re actually from China,” Yixing began to explain. “Me, Luhan, Kris and Tao are Chinese. Sorry if my potatoes don’t really make sense sometime, I don’t know Korean that well.”

 

“Sentences, Yixing, not potatoes,” Luhan corrected him.

 

“Ah yes, sorry if my sentences don’t make sense sometime,” Yixing apologized with a shy smile.

 

‘Ahh, that explains the blue hippos thing he said to me the other day,’ Eunji concluded.

 

“I don’t just know Korean and Mandarin,” Kris chimed in, puffing his chest out. “I’m also fluent in Cantonese and English.”

 

“Really? English? Could you teach me sometime, hyung?” Baekhyun asked. “I almost failed the last test.”

 

“Well yeah, I am fluent,” Kris boasted.

 

“Thanks hyung! English relative clauses and imperative mood make no sense to me whatsoever,” Baekhyun sighed.

 

“The… what now?” Kris gulped.

 

“You know, English relative clauses and imperative moods,” Baekhyun repeated himself. “That is what we learned, right Chan?”

 

“Yeah, don’t forget about past perfect tense,” Chanyeol added in. “Gibberish if you ask me.”

 

Kris started to look nervous as he fidgeted with his hands. ‘What’s a past perfect tense?’ he asked himself. He knew English, having grown up in Canada for majority of his childhood. He was confident that he could hold an intelligent conversation with any English-speaker, but relative clauses and imperative moods? Kris had no idea what those were because most of the time, if the sentence sounded “right” to him, it was correct.

 

“Oh yeah… of course. Past perfect tense is easy,” Kris said smugly and brushed through his hair. “I’ll help you tomorrow or something.”

 

‘Wu Kris, you got some studying to do tonight,’ Kris thought to himself.

 

“Where is that song?” Suho said, sounding frustrated. “It’s really popular so it has to be here!”

 

Sehun, who was sitting next to Suho grunted and furrowed his eyebrows. Suho had been flipping through the song catalogue since they had gotten to the room, and now that he was out of bubble tea, the maknae was starting to develop a headache from Suho’s constant comments. Without saying anything, Sehun grabbed the thick binder from Suho’s lap and flipped through a couple of pages before pointing at the song, “Growl” by popular boy group, EYO.

 

“Ah there it is! Thanks, Sehun!” Suho smiled at the first year.

 

Sehun grinned, glad that he had put an end to Suho’s nagging. He then pointed at his empty bubble tea cup and asked, “Can I have another?”

 

“Oh, yeah of course! You get one, Kai gets one, everyone gets another bubble tea!” Suho proceeded to call the front desk and placed another order for thirteen more oolong bubble teas.

 

“While we wait, shall we sing Growl?” Suho asked everyone.

 

“Oh, I love that song!” Eunji began to fangirl. “I know all the lyrics by heart!”

 

“We’ve all kind of chosen a member since you know, there are 12 members in EYO and we had 12 club members,” Tao began to explain. “So-“

 

“So, feel free to join in at any time, or you’re free to sing the entire song!” Luhan interrupted Tao. The third year glared at the first year before whispering something in Mandarin to Tao’s ear. “If you scare away the only girl in our club, I will see to it personally that your Gucci backpack goes through an unfortunate accident.”

 

“Fine, I’ll behave,” Tao muttered in Mandarin. “Sorry, gege.”

 

“Good,” Luhan replied in Korean. “Now, let’s sing, shall we? Eunji, I like to sing along to Lu Han’s parts, so you’re free to sing along with me. We can make his parts into a duet!”

 

“Oh, if I’m going to take just one member’s lines, I’d prefer to rap Chanyeol’s parts,” Eunji replied flatly, quickly rejecting Luhan’s offer. Normally, Eunji would have loved to sing with Luhan, especially because of all the attention he was giving her. Despite not having known them for long, Eunji already picked up on the fact that Luhan was quite the player (I mean, when 97% of a guy’s FaceNovel friends are girls, one begins to suspect things). She didn’t mind that he was a player, but Chanyeol from EYO was her ultimate bias, and she couldn’t resist rapping to his parts.

 

“Oh yeah, sure. Maybe in another song then,” Luhan said, not fazed in the least.

 

“Hey, I just realized that there’s a Chanyeol in EYO and there’s a Chanyeol in this club too,” Eunji noted. “What part are you singing to, Chanyeol?”

 

“Chanyeol’s rap,” Chanyeol replied.

 

“How about that? What a coincidence. Wait, there’s also a Suho, Kris, Tao, Baekhyun, Luhan, Kai, and Sehun in EYO!” Eunji exclaimed.

 

“I suppose that’s why everyone calls me Suho,” Suho said to himself.

 

“What a coincidence! Do you all sing along to their parts?” Eunji asked.

 

“Yup, Baekhyun’s voice matches mine the best,” Baekhyun replied.

 

“I appreciate Tao’s style,” Tao smirked. “He and I are basically one and the same.”

 

“Probably has a better attitude though,” Kai scoffed.

 

The song started playing, and everyone began singing their respective lines, or at least tried to. Once Tao started grabbing Kai’s hair, Sehun joined in and tried to pull Tao away from Kai. Baekhyun thought it’d be funny to pour hot sauce into a couple glasses of the bubble tea, causing Minseok, Jongdae and Kyungsoo to spit out their drinks all at once. It was hilarious, until Baekhyun fell for his own prank.

 

Yixing fell asleep after he sang his first song, and when he lost his balance sitting down, his head fell onto Luhan’s shoulder, who thought it was Eunji at first. Luhan began caressing Yixing’s head and hand, until he realized he was cuddling with a guy. He let out a scream and pushed Yixing’s body away from him and onto Kris, who pushed him back at Luhan and said, “Not my style.” Luhan and Kris ended up playing a game of hot potato, with Yixing as the potato.

 

Chanyeol was the only one actually trying to sing, but when he attempted to dance he knocked over a vase in the room, causing it to break into a thousand pieces. All the while, Eunji switched between laughing her face off, being startled, and worried for their well-being.

 

Needless to say, Suho left a pretty tip once their 2 hours were up.

 


 

A/N: Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and happy holidays! Hope you had as much fun reading this as I had writing it ^_^

\\ xoxo