The After School Club

The After School Club

 

The last bell of the day rang, and just as Eunji was about to put her trumpet away, she caught a glimpse of the “mysterious blond and brunet duo” from her science class. She then noticed a new figure, one with striking eyes and messy blond hair following suit. Eunji quickly stuffed everything in the trumpet case and rushed to put it away. She grabbed her bag and ran outside, determined to learn all three of their names.

 

‘How did I not know they were in my class?’ Eunji mentally yelled at herself. ‘Were they sitting at the back?’

 

Stealthily, Eunji followed the three boys up the stairs and onto the third floor. They weren’t going to their lockers, she deduced, since all first year students had their lockers on the first floor. The boys walked into room 3003, and shut the door behind them.

 

Eunji stood outside the door for a few minutes. ‘Why did they go inside this room? What’s in here? Should I knock? Wouldn’t it be too awkward for me to introduce myself now?’

 

“Ummm, excuse me…” a voice mumbled behind her. Eunji jumped in response, turned around and was greeted by a handsome face with black hair parted at the side. He had a sleepy look in his rather blood-shot looking eyes, and was scratching his head with a confused expression.

 

“Can you… move over? I need to get in,” the male asked.

 

“Oh, um sorry go right ahead,” Eunji nodded and stepped aside for the other student to go in.

 

“Oh, by the way… why are you here? Are you here to join our club?” the black-haired male asked.

 

‘This is a club? Wait, no! This is the perfect chance! Say you want to join and you’ll be able to see those three hotties after school, Eunji. Score!’

 

“Y-yes, that’s why I’m here!” Eunji responded, trying to smile.

 

“Ohhh… come inside then before the blue hippos get you. I’m Yixing by the way,” the black-haired student introduced himself with a smile, revealing his dimples.

 

‘Blue… hippos?’ Eunji was confused, but didn’t take a moment’s hesitation to follow Yixing inside the room. Eunji forced her jaw from dropping when she stepped into the room. She was greeted by not only the three hot classmates she had her eyes set on, but eight more. Every single one of them, good looking. Every single one of them, staring at her.

 

“Guys, we have a new member,” Yixing announced to the other club members.

 

“It’s a girl!”

 

“Someone wants to join?”

 

“Is this actually for real?”

 

Before Eunji could say anything, a doe-eyed upper year student with brown, wavy hair approached her and gave her a wink. “Hi, my name’s Luhan. I don’t recognize your pretty face. Tell me, are you new?”

 

“M-my name’s Lee Eunji,” she sputtered out, her cheeks beginning to turn pink from Luhan’s comment.

 

“Eunji,” Luhan let the name roll off his tongue. “Pleasure to meet you. I’m looking forward to getting to know you.”

 

“Stop, stop, stop!” a boy with black hair, parted at the side and puppy-like eyes spat out. “Don’t fall for it. Luhan’s always trying to get into the pants of every girl he meets.”

 

“Wha- I do not!” Luhan retaliated.

 

“Don’t lie,” a student with his hair parted in the middle and an upward curl to his smile argued.

 

“Oh hey, isn’t she from our class?” Kai asked Sehun, who nodded his head in response.

 

“Everyone, stop talking!”

 

The room fell silent as everyone directed their gaze to the source of the demand. The upper year student had blond hair and a face that Eunji was sure everyone could agree was handsome. “Eunji-ssi, thanks for coming by. My name is Junmyeon, but for reasons unknown everyone calls me Suho-“

 

“It’s because Suho has an S in it so we can spell your name like $uho,” someone with a deep voice yelled.

 

Without stopping his introduction, Suho continued, “and I would like to welcome you to the After School Club! We currently have twelve members. There’s myself, Kris, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Jongin, Sehun, Luhan, Minseok, Jongdae, Yixing and Tao.”

 

“Oh yeah, cool. So umm, what exactly do you guys do?” Eunji asked, trying to mask the excitement in her voice when she thought about how she was currently in a room filled with twelve extremely good-looking guys.

 

“We’re anything you want us to be, baby,” Luhan winked.

 

“We spy on other students,” Jongdae snickered and gently nudged Baekhyun’s arm, to which the other member started laughing and slapping Jongdae’s leg.

 

“I’m not even sure what we do, to be honest,” Kris sighed.

 

“Basically,” Suho sent a look to everyone that immediately got them to shut up, “we’re a club that holds activities for anyone whose parents are late in picking them up and want to make new friends!”

 

“Doesn’t that sound like a program meant for elementary school students?” Eunji asked skeptically.

 

“That’s what I said too,” Minseok agreed, momentarily looking up before digging his nose back to his book again.

 

Suho nervously looked at Eunji and chuckled. “Eunji-ssi, I can guarantee you that there’s nothing elementary about the activities we hold at our club. We go overseas, visit the mountains, and partake in several events both local and international.”

 

“Excuse me, overseas?” Eunji asked with a gaped mouth. “Where do you get the funding? Is this where my tuition is going?!”

 

“Oh no, we don’t get any money from the school. The staff don’t even recognize us as an official establishment. The money comes from Suho’s family,” Kris explained with his usual stoic expression.

 

Eunji was at a loss for words. Never in her life had she had the opportunity to go overseas, but from how Suho made it sound, it seemed as if these twelve students went overseas on a biweekly basis. “So, about your interest in the club… do you wish to join?” Suho asked.

 

“Oh, yeah of course! That’s why I stepped into this room,” Eunji chuckled. ‘Well, I’m not lying. But I’m in it more for the members than the activities.’

 

“Well then, welcome to the After School Club! Once again, I’m Suho. I’m a third year,” the blond smiled warmly. “Everyone, let’s introduce ourselves to Eunji-ssi!”

 

“I’m Baekhyun, second year!” he shouted.

 

“My god, Baekhyun there’s no need to yell indoors. Anyway, my name is Kyungsoo. I’m in the same class as this idiot over here,” Kyungsoo said as he pushed Baekhyun’s shoulder.

 

“I’m Chanyeol, nice to meet you! I’m also a second year,” another tall student said, beaming. His smile was blinding, and his built physique made him quite attractive, save for the fact that it looked like the boy didn’t know how to dress himself. His clothes looked way too small on him, and who in their right mind would pair a neon green t-shirt with fluorescent pink polka-dotted pants?

 

“Call me Kai,” the blond from Eunji’s science class said with a smirk.

 

The brunet sitting next to Kai remained quiet. Eunji stared at her classmate, wondering what his name was. She tilted her head to the side in confusion when he didn’t speak for a full minute.

 

“Oh, his name’s Sehun,” Kai introduced the boy sitting next to him. “He doesn’t really speak much unless you get on his good side. Don’t take it personally.”

 

“Ahh, I understand,” Eunji nodded. ‘Does he have a voice complex or something?’

 

“Kris, third year,” the tall student said cooly. “Don’t wear it out.”

 

“I’m Minseok, in my third year. Sorry if I don’t respond right away if you ask me something. I get a little engrossed in my books,” the upper year said as he closed one book, slipped it into his bag and pulled out another. The second book had a green cover, and in gold letters were the words “How the Mitochondria Produce Energy: A Step-by-Step Process”. Eunji’s eyes widened at the thickness of the book; there had to be at least 500 pages. ‘How can anyone read 500 pages about the mitochondria? Wait, how could anyone have written 500 pages about it?!’

 

“You’ve already met me, but for formality’s sake I’ll repeat myself. My name’s Luhan. I’m in third year at POPK high school. I enjoy waterfalls, classical music and long walks on the beach,” he grinned and sent a suggestive wink towards Eunji.

 

“Wow, I didn’t know we were on a dating show right now! Gee, I guess it’s my turn now. My name’s Jongdae and I’m a second year. I like falling off of waterfalls, rock music, and short walks on the beach,” the boy said in a sarcastic tone, as if to imitate Luhan

 

“My name is Yixing, second year. I like… ummm… things,” the student sitting next to Jongdae confusedly, as if he were unsure of his own words.

 

“My name’s Tao,” the short-haired blond smirked. Eunji was eager to learn more about the first years in her class, and greeted Tao with, "Pleasure to meet you." to which he responded, "Charmed, I'm sure."

 

“Great, now that everyone’s met each other, it’s time to exchange contact information! Do you have FaceNovel, Eunji-ssi?” Suho asked.

 

“Everyone has FaceNovel nowadays, Suho,” Kris scoffed.

 

“What’s FaceNovel?” Tao asked.

 

“It’s kinda like if Tweeter and Instagrain had a baby,” Chanyeol tried to explain.

 

“Oh is it that really old thing that no one uses anymore?” Tao asked non-enthusiastically as he scrolled through his phone.

 

“I use it,” Kris sent a deathly glare in Tao’s direction. Immediately, Tao tensed up and pretended to be very interested in a picture of a kitten that had popped up on his Instagrain feed.

 

“Yes, I use FaceNovel,” Eunji spoke up. “I also have SnapConverse, Tweeter and Instagrain.”

 

“Well I don’t know what half those things are, but if you could write that all down on this paper along with your cell phone number, that’d be great!” Suho smiled as he passed a blank sheet of paper and pen to Eunji. “I’ll send you a text afterwards, so make sure to save my number. It’ll make things easier for tomorrow.”

 

“What’s tomorrow?” Eunji asked as she continued to write down her contact information.

 

“Karaoke!” they all exclaimed excitedly.

 


 

A/N: Can't wait to actually start writing about the activities that they do at the club. The first two chapters were more like an intro >.> I hope you enjoyed the chapter and do leave a comment/subscribe! Seeing the viewcount go up made me so happy ^.^

\\ xoxo