Yixing x Chocolate Factory

The After School Club

 

A/N: I feel like a lot of you were asking for another one of Yixing's dreams, so I hope you enjoy this little bit I put together. You can probably tell from the title where I got my inspiration from, and I'd like to say that I haven't read that book/watched the movie in who knows how long so bear with me if the details don't exactly match up. It's a dream anyway XD

 


 

“I don’t want cabbage soup!”

 

Yixing ran out of the small, run down house like his life depended on it. He didn’t know why he was running, but it felt right to do so. He ran down the streets, through alleys, and across parks until he stopped in the heart of the city. He leaned over on his knees and took deep breaths.

 

Yixing looked up at the display stand of an electronics store. Several television sets of varying sizes decorated the shelves of the display. On every television, the same advertisement was playing.

 

“Try your luck with one of Willy Wonka’s chocolate bars! There are 5 golden tickets hidden within individual chocolate bars. If you find a ticket, you get an exclusive tour inside Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory!”

 

Oh, so that’s where he was.

 

.::.           .::.           .::.

 

When Yixing got home, his mother whacked him across the top of his head and scolded him for running out like that. Yixing apologized, but he didn’t really mean it. He was too engrossed in the tiny hut his “family” called a house. Several beds lay stacked next to each other, and each was occupied by an elderly person. When he spotted Suho sitting up on one of the beds, his eyes widened.

 

“Charlie, I have a gift for you,” an aged Suho said with a smile that reached his eyes. Even if his hair had turned white and his face was now covered in wrinkles, the leader’s smile remained timeless.

 

Yixing pointed to himself, and was barely able to sputter out, “Me?”

 

Suho nodded his head and motioned for the boy to come over. When he didn’t move, his mother nudged his arm gently and said, “Go on. Grandpa Joe has a gift for you, and we just know you’ll love it.”

 

Yixing rubbed his head and asked himself, ‘Is this how the story went?’  He slowly approached Suho and took the messily wrapped gift from the hands of his grandfather. His family’s eyes beckoned him to open the gift, so Yixing did exactly that. He ripped the wrapping paper off delicately, which revealed a chocolate bar.

 

“Happy birthday, Charlie,” Suho beamed at him with pride. “Go on, open it up.”

 

Yixing enthusiastically ripped the packaging of the chocolate bar. He ripped a square of chocolate out and plopped it into his mouth. He savoured the rich flavour of the milk chocolate, and asked himself if he had ever had chocolate as good as this before. When he saw the hungry eyes of his family members, Yixing ripped his chocolate bar into individual squares, and handed each family member a piece.

 

“Go on, have some,” Yixing said with a wide smile which revealed his dimples.

 

As the family devoured the chocolate, Yixing began to notice a sliver of gold peeking out from behind the wrapper. He pulled at it and tore the chocolate wrapper off.

 

“My god,” Suho said with a gaping mouth. “It’s a golden ticket!”

 

Yixing stared at the shiny gold ticket that seemed so bright that it could light up a dark room. He turned the ticket over, and admired the intricate details on it. In neat penmanship were the words, “Welcome yourself to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory! Valid for 2 people.”

 

“It says you can bring two people!” Yixing’s mother said with delight. “Who should go with Charlie?”

 

“I will,” Suho volunteered. Everyone turned their heads to look at the elderly man.

 

“Dad, are you sure?” Yixing’s father asked.

 

“I’m sure,” Suho replied with confidence. “I’m going to take Charlie to that chocolate factory.”

 

.::.           .::.           .::.

 

“Suho hyung, why are you walking with a cane?” Yixing asked the leader of the After School Club.

 

“Boy, what are you talking about? I’m your grandfather, not your older brother! Oh, how I wish I could be though,” Suho scoffed, then coughed into his arm.

 

Yixing and Suho were standing in front of the gates of the chocolate factory. They weren’t alone either. To his right stood Eunji and Ahri with their respective guardians, and to his left stood Jongdae and Kai with their guardians.

 

Jongdae was hungrily eating chocolate like he had never seen the candy before in his life, and Yixing swore that if he ate any faster he’d be inhaling it. Kai was busy playing with a contraption that looked like a giant cellphone, but Yixing wasn’t entirely sure what it was. Eunji was filing her nails and wore a smug face on her face, which caused Yixing to pout slightly because he didn’t like the sight of a mean-looking Eunji. Finally, Ahri was chewing a piece of gum loudly while twirling her hair and Yixing wondered if she ate gum like that in real life because it was starting to creep him out.

 

“Why isn’t he here yet?” Eunji screeched, causing Yixing to cover his ears.

 

“Veruca dear, I’m sure Willy Wonka will come out soon,” her dad said in a patient voice.

 

“But I want him to come out now!” she yelled and stomped her foot on the ground.

 

Yixing stared at Eunji with wide eyes. When Eunji saw him looking at her, she stuck her tongue out and said, “What’re you looking at?”

 

“N-nothing,” Yixing stuttered. He thought of the Eunji that he had become friends with in the club and his heart broke slightly at the image of her standing in front of him. It was weird for Yixing to see Eunji behave in such a way, and he wanted to ask why she suddenly started acting like this. Before he got the chance to, the golden gates creaked open.

 

A figure appeared in front of them with a wide smile that reached his ears. He was dressed from head to toe in purple clothing, and had a purple hat to match. He swung his gold cane in his left hand while he waved at them using his right hand.

 

“Chanyeol?!” Yixing sputtered with wide eyes.

 

Chanyeol looked at him confusedly, then laughed and patted his back. “How long has it been since I last showed my face to the public? Of course you wouldn’t recognize me, but let me tell you this boy, my name is Willy Wonka!”

 

“Finally,” Ahri muttered under her breath and continued to chew her gum.

 

Chanyeol did a heel-click and beckoned for everyone to follow him. He led them through a maze of a hallway to an elevator that didn’t travel up and down, but sideways. When they reached their destination, the metal doors slid open to reveal a fantasy-style scene that was made entirely of chocolate. From the trees to the water in the river, everything was made from chocolate.

 

Yixing noticed 7 orange-skinned figures working at a machine near the chocolate waterfall, and squinted his eyes to get a better look. His jaw dropped when he saw the faces of Kris, Baekhyun, Sehun, Kyungsoo, Tao, Minseok, and Luhan working away.

 

“Ew what are those things?” Jongdae’s face scrunched up as he pointed his chocolate-covered finger at the orange-skinned club members. “Are they human?”

 

“Oh no,” Chanyeol chuckled. “They’re Oompa-Loompas, far different than humans.”

 

Chanyeol waved energetically at the Oompa-Loompas, who stopped their work momentarily to wave back.

 

“What in the world are they singing?” Kai asked, but didn’t bother to look up from his giant cellphone-esque contraption.

 

“No one really knows,” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders. “Now come, let me show you my glorious chocolate waterfall.”

 

In the distance, Yixing could hear the Oompa-Loompas singing, “Oompa Loompa doompety doo, I’ve got a perfect puzzle for you. Oompa Loompa doompety dee, if you are wise you’ll listen to me.”

 

Yixing shivered because the lyrics to the song sounded rather eerie. Suho called for him, and he snapped out of his trance. He ran to catch up with the rest of the group, when he noticed Jongdae staring at the chocolate river.

 

“Jongdae-ah,” Yixing called out.

 

Jongdae didn’t hear him, and stuck a finger into the chocolate river. He placed the melted chocolate in his mouth and his face lit up immediately. “This is the best chocolate I’ve ever had!”

 

“Augustus, don’t!” Chanyeol shouted and started running towards Jongdae. “You mustn’t get too close to the river else you’ll fall in!”

 

“But I want more of this chocolate,” Jongdae said, as if he were in a trance. He reached forward and fell into the chocolate river. His head popped up and he gasped for air while waving his arms around frantically.

 

“My Augustus! Help him!” Jongdae’s mother cried and pulled on Chanyeol’s sleeve.

 

Chanyeol shook his head and said, “It’s too late for him. He’ll be carried down the river, where he’ll be up by one of those pipes.”

 

“And then what happens?” Jongdae’s mother gulped.

 

“No one really knows,” Chanyeol revealed a smirk. He twirled his cane and moved on like nothing had happened. Jongdae’s mother fainted, and Kris and Tao carried her out of the factory.

 

“Now then, let’s move on to the next area, shall we?” Chanyeol smiled eerily.

 

Chanyeol led the rest of the group to a small train that resembled a toy set. He hopped into the conductor’s seat, but his legs barely fit. Yixing squeezed into a seat with Suho, and soon Chanyeol activated the train. A puff of smoke rose and they started moving. They entered a tunnel (made entirely of chocolate) and were left in the darkness for what seemed like half an hour. When they reached the end of the tunnel, they reached a dome made entirely of metal.

 

“Well, here we are,” Chanyeol said as he hopped off the train.

 

“Where are we now?” Eunji whined. “Daddy I don’t like this place. I want to go back to the chocolate land we were just in!”

 

“Anything for my Veruca,” her father smiled sweetly at her. “Mr. Wonka, could we go back to the previous location?”

 

“Nonsense! Wait until your eyes see this,” Chanyeol exclaimed as he pushed the heavy metal doors open. Large white birds sat at the perimeter of the dome, each in their own large nest. Underneath each nest was a pipe that connected with other pipes. The series of pipes eventually merged and then split into two paths. One path led to a large bin labelled “Good Eggs” while the other path led to a chute labelled “Bad Eggs”.

 

“Oh daddy they’re absolutely magnificent birds! I want one!” Eunji squealed.

 

“Anything for my sweet Veruca,” her father chimed. He turned to Chanyeol and pulled out a blank cheque and pen. “So, how much for a bird, Mr. Wonka?”

 

“Oh, they’re not for sale,” Chanyeol grinned. “They’re priceless.”

 

“Oh come now, Mr. Wonka. Money isn’t an issue for me. Just name a price and you’ll have it in your bank account before you can say ‘Uncle’,” Eunji’s father chuckled.

 

“Uncle,” Chanyeol said amusedly. Then he giggled and continued, “Mr. Salt, I believe I already said that they’re priceless. These birds aren’t like your typical large white swan. The eggs they lay are made of chocolate, and the only place where you’ll find them is in my factory. I can’t sell them.”

 

“They lay chocolate eggs?” Eunji asked, her eyes twinkling with curiosity. Then she batted her eyelashes at her father and said in a sickeningly sweet voice, “Daddy I want one of the chocolate laying birds.”

 

“Daddy knows, Veruca, but Mr. Wonka isn’t willing to name a price,” her dad said through gritted teeth.

 

Eunji furrowed her eyebrows and crossed her arms. She stomped towards the nearest bird and jumped onto the nest. “If he won’t sell one to me then I’ll just take one!”

 

Eunji tugged at the large bird, but the bird was much stronger. The white swan stood up on its legs and waddled backwards, carrying Eunji on its neck. The bird dangled her from side to side, as if to shake her off. Finally, she lost her grip and fell into the nest.

 

“Veruca!” her father yelled after his daughter. “Where is she?”

 

Chanyeol grinned devilishly and pointed towards the bin and chute. “She’s going in one of those.”

 

Eunji’s screams could be heard as she travelled through the pipes. Her father waited nervously for her to appear in the “Good Egg” bin, but she never showed up. Instead, her scream started fading and it was then that her father realized she had dropped into the other pipe.

 

“Looks like she was a bad egg,” Chanyeol snickered. Then, in a completely calm voice he added, “Well, I’m starting to get hungry. How about you? Let’s move onto the next area.”

 

“Look Wonka, if you don’t return my daughter to me this instant, I will use all my power to make sure this blasted factory burns to the ground!” Eunji’s father seethed with anger.

 

“Looks like we have another bad egg,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes and pulled an orange tag out from his jacket pocket. He stuck the tag onto Eunji’s father and blew a whistle he had been keeping in the other pocket. Within mere seconds, an army of Oompa-Loompas entered the scene, hoisted the stout man into the air and carried him out of the factory.

 

All the while, they were singing along to, “Oompa loompa doompety da, if you're not greedy, you will go far. You will live in happiness too, like the Oompa Loompa Doompety do Doompety do!”

 

Chanyeol walked out of the room and entered through a set of doors that was less than 10 metres away. The remainder of the group was exposed to a long, white table adorned with the finest china. “Take a seat,” Chanyeol said as he sat in a chair.

 

Yixing gulped nervously and did what he was told. He studied the plates and saw nothing on them. He figured they would be served, and was getting rather excited when he saw Minseok, Luhan and Sehun approach the table carrying platters covered by a metal dome.

 

Luhan set down a platter and removed the metal dome to reveal a single piece of chewing gum. The Oompa-Loompa excused himself and left the room as quickly as he had entered it. Everyone stared at the piece of gum, then diverted their confusion towards Chanyeol.

 

“The food will just take a minute, so while we wait I wanted to present to you my latest invention. It’s not done yet, and is still in the experimental phase, but the basic concept is gum that will never lose its chewiness. In addition, one piece of gum will be able to deliver to you a full 3-course meal,” Chanyeol explained.

 

“A full meal?” Ahri scoffed. “Impossible.”

 

“It’s true, little lady. It’s just not done yet,” Chanyeol replied.

 

“And gum that will never lose its chewiness? I’d like to test that,” Ahri said as she continued to chew the piece of gum in . “I’m the world champion gum chewer, and I have yet to come across a piece of gum that didn’t lose its chew before I lost my energy to chew it.”

 

She reached for the platter and snagged the piece of experimental gum. She spat her current piece out and plopped the experimental gum into . Her face lit up in delight as she continued to chew the gum. “I taste a salad! Oh now it’s a lovely pumpkin soup! The turkey, oh the turkey is so juicy and the gravy is unlike any I’ve had before! And for dessert there’s a big blueberry pie! I can taste the blueberries in my mouth! This is incredible!”

 

“Violet!” Ahri’s mother screamed and pointed a finger at her daughter’s face. “You’re turning violet!”

 

“What ever do you mean, mommy?” Ahri said as she continued to chew the gum energetically.

 

Her face started to turn blue, then her entire body. Her arms began to swell, and her face followed suit. “What’s happening to me?” Ahri screamed.

 

“I told you it was experimental,” Chanyeol said nonchalantly.

 

In less than a minute, Ahri’s body turned into a giant blueberry. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo ran into the rolled Ahri away. Her mother followed closely behind and chanted, “You’ll be alright, Violet! Mommy will make sure of it! I think!”

 

Yixing and Suho looked at each other and gulped nervously. “What kind of a place is this?” Suho demanded. “This place doesn’t seem fit for children at all! It’s not safe.”

 

“Why, it’s a chocolate factory,” Chanyeol said with a grin. “Every child’s dream come true.”

 

The final destination was a room covered entirely in white. In the centre of the white room was a white contraption that looked like an oversized video recorder. The 7 Oompa-Loompas they had seen in the first area were dressed in white clothes and surrounded the device. They tampered with wires and were inputting some code into a nearby computer that was hooked up to a television.

 

“I present to you, Wonka Vision!” Chanyeol announced proudly. “I trust that some of you know how television works, correct?”

 

Kai looked up from his video game device (ah so that’s what it was) and snorted, “Of course. The image is broken into a million tiny pieces and travel through the air. When they reach the television, they’re arranged in the correct order and that’s how you see what you see on TV.”

 

“Exactly,” Chanyeol said as he snapped his fingers. A handful of Oompa-Loompas carried in a chocolate bar that was the size of a door and placed it in front of the white video recorder. “So I thought, why couldn’t I do exactly that, but with chocolate?”

 

He snapped his fingers again and a beam of light hit the large chocolate bar. The chocolate bar disintegrated, and then slowly materialized onto the television. Kai ran up to the TV and touched the screen. The chocolate bar, which was now considerably smaller than before, fell into his hands. He eagerly ripped the wrapper off and bit into the treat.

 

“This is awesome,” Kai exclaimed. Then, with a mischievous grin he ran in front of the video recorder and told the Oompa-Loompas to fire the beam of light again. Chanyeol watched from afar, with an amused look on his face. The beam of light struck Kai and caused his body to disintegrate. In a few seconds, his entire being showed up on the TV screen. He waved at his mother with a cheeky smile.

 

“Look mom! I’m on TV!” Kai said gleefully.

 

Kai’s mother stumbled towards the television and touched its screen. Kai hopped out of the screen and landed in her palms. “Mom, I wanna ride in your pocket!”

 

Kai’s mother was too stunned for words, and she gingerly placed her son in her pocket. “I’ll make sure you get fixed, Mike,” he reassured him, though it sounded more like she was reassuring herself.

 

Yixing didn’t know what to make of the situation. He stared at Chanyeol with both wonder and hurt in his eyes. “What’s going to happen to our friends?” he asked with a voice crack. “What’s going to happen to me now? Am I going to end up like them?”

 

Chanyeol grinned at Yixing and handed him a book.

 

“Read it yourself to find out.”

 

.::.           .::.           .::.

 

Yixing suddenly woke up, and he rubbed his face. He let out a groan because he had fallen asleep at the study desk in his room, and his body felt sore from having slept in a poor position. The small mirror which he kept at the left-hand side of his desk displayed his reflection. His left right cheek had faint imprints of text from the book that had been sprawled open on his desk. He gently picked the paperback book up and folded it neatly to prevent the spine from bending any more than it already had.

 

Yixing read the title of the book he was required to read for his Literature class, “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”. He shuddered when he remembered his dream, and put the book away because he didn’t even want to look at it for the rest of the night.

 

He opened his laptop and decided to check FaceNovel.

 

FaceNovel Group Name: The After School Club

 

Chanyeol: Hey guys I’m thinking of changing my “colour”

Ahri: What’s that?

Baekhyun: Don’t ask

Eunji: You can’t just say “don’t ask” and expect someone to not ask. Lemme know~

Baekhyun: -facepalm-

Baekhyun: You’re gonna regret this

Chanyeol: So like, you know how ive been wearing blue a lot recently right?

Kai: No

Chanyeol: Rude

Chanyeol: Well anyway, I like to change the colour I wear often. I’m thinking of wearing a new colour soon

$uho: What do you have in mind?

Chanyeol: PURPLE! :D

 

Yixing’s eyes widened in shock and he hastily started typing on his laptop:

 

FaceNovel Group Name: The After School Club

 

Yixing: ANYTING BUT PRUPLE!!!

Chanyeol: Why not??? :(

Yixing: BECAUZ I DON’T WANT U TO END UP AS A CRAZY CHOCOLATE FACTORY OWNER!!!

Baekhyun: Wow Yixing, how’d you know what Chanyeol wanted to be when he grew up?

Chanyeol: Chocolate factories are awesome! Every child’s dream come true :)

 

Yixing shut his laptop as soon as he read the last message. Maybe he’d go back to sleep, then perhaps he’d wake up from this nightmare as well.

 


 

A/N: So I kinda said everything at the top. Uh... hmm I don't really know what to put here then. Oh I know! Look forward to the next chapter because it's the start of a new mini-arc :)

\\ xoxo