First Snow

The After School Club

 

FaceNovel Group Name: The After School Club

 

Chanyeol: GUYS LOOK OUTSIDE!!

Baekhyun: But I’m comfy on my bed streaming Netflix rn

Minseok: And I’m enjoying a cup of coffee in my basement next to the fireplace

$uho: What’s going on?

Chanyeol: JUST LOOK OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOWS FOR LIKE 2 SECONDS OK

Kyungsoo: omg… it’s snowing

Ahri: It really is! The first snow of the winter! :D

Eunji: Do you wanna build a snowman?~

Luhan: There’s quite a bit of snow on the ground.

Minseok: If you guys aren’t busy, we should hang out or something.

Chanyeol: I WANNA BUILD A SNOWMAN!

Chanyeol: Let’s go to a park or something and play in the snow :D

Luhan: But it’s Saturday, Chanyeol. Do I really have to hang with you guys on my Saturday when I see you guys everyday?

Jongdae: Ouch, hyung

Luhan: I like you guys and everything, don’t get me wrong but I can only take spending so much time with 11 other guys

Kyungsoo: No one’s forcing you to come

Luhan: Whatever I didn’t have anything planned for today anyway so I guess I could spare one Saturday

Jongdae: Someone’s a tsundere~

Luhan: AM NOT!!! D:<

Kris: We’re not kids anymore, Chanyeol geez

Kai: C’mon Kris hyung, we all know you’re the most excited about the snow

Sehun: I wanna have a snowball fight.

$uho: I like the idea! Let’s gather at the park next to the school then!

Kris: Fine… if you all insist on going I guess I can tag along.

Kris: I’ll tell Tao because he probably won’t see these messages.

 

- Seen by Eunji and 12 others -

 

It wasn’t until she stepped outside that Eunji realized how much snow had fallen. She took one step forward and her knee-high boot became submerged in the snow. As she slowly made her way to the park that was right around the corner of her house, she was starting to regret coming outside. It was cold, she was tired, and honestly what high school student still plays in the snow?

 

As she neared the park she heard someone shout, “Incoming!”

 

Before she had time to react, a snowball hit her face. Eunji froze on the spot, and as the snow slipped off her face she clenched her fists and prepared to scream. She looked straight ahead to see who had thrown the snowball.

 

“Nice one!” Jongdae praised Baekhyun, who was in the process of making another snowball.

 

When he saw the expression on her face, he immediately dropped the snow and ran up to her and said, “Sorry, Eunji, I wasn’t aiming for your face or anything. I was aiming for Kyungsoo who’s standing behind you. Did it hurt?” He took off his glove and used his hand to brush some of the snow off of her face and hair, all the while pouting and praying that the snow hadn’t entered her eyes.

 

‘Urgh, how can I hate someone who’s an actual puppy? Ok fine, Byun Baekhyun. You win,’ she thought. Eunji sighed and brushed Baekhyun’s hand away. “I’m fine, don’t worry about it.”

 

“Honest to god, I was aiming for Kyungsoo though,” he persisted.

 

Jongdae approached the pair and with wide eyes and a shaky voice he asked, “Correct me if I heard wrong but did you say you were aiming for Kyungsoo?”

 

“Yeah, why?” asked Baekhyun.

 

“I thought you were aiming for Chanyeol!” Jongdae shouted. “Dude, why would you aim for Kyungsoo? You should be glad it hit Eunji then, no offense Eunji, but whatever you do, do not aim for Kyungsoo! Alright? DO NOT AIM FOR KYUNGSOO!”

 

“Chill man, you need to let it go,” Baekhyun said amusedly, singing the last bit of his words along to the tune of Frozen’s “Let It Go”.

 

“I will not let it go. You don’t wanna anger Kyungsoo,” Jongdae said with a shiver. “He’s… he’s scary man. You don’t wanna upset him. I live in fear everyday now because of him.”

 

“Yeah well that’s because you’re scared he’ll hurt your Rex or whatever you call that toy. I, on the other hand, am a man who isn’t held back by plush toys. I gave them up a long time ago,” Baekhyun said.

 

“He’ll get your Pokemon cards then,” Jongdae gulped. “Or your Yu-Gi-Oh cards. If you really anger him, he’ll destroy both of your decks.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled and threw a light punch at Jongdae’s shoulder, telling him that that would never happen. Then, out of the corner of Baekhyun’s eye, Kyungsoo’s figure could be seen building a snowman when Chanyeol clumsily tripped and knocked it over. The taller student laughed and put out a hand to ask Kyungsoo to help him up. Kyungsoo didn’t respond, still in shock at the loss of his snowman. After a couple of seconds, the shock in his face was replaced by spite. Instead of helping Chanyeol up, Kyungsoo kicked snow onto him and walked away.

 

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped at the sight, and suddenly Jongdae’s words made sense. “Y-yeah, I think I’ll try to stay clear of Kyungsoo from now on.”

 

When Eunji spotted Ahri a few feet away from her, she left Baekhyun and Jongdae to be with her friend. Ahri was in the middle of building a small snowman. The base of the snowman was a sphere the size of a soccer ball, and its head was carefully placed atop it. Ahri had gathered a variety of stones and branches, and was decorating her snowman only to stop when she heard Eunji’s voice.

 

“That’s a cute snowman,” Eunji commented.

 

“Thanks! Are you gonna make one too?”

 

“Nah, I’m good. I’m not that fond of snow actually,” Eunji replied as she squatted down next to Ahri. When Ahri asked why she decided to tag along, Eunji said, “I mean it’s better than me staying at home doing homework, right? Besides, I really truly do enjoy spending time with the guys.”

 

“You needed some eye candy?” Ahri asked with a chuckle.

 

“Well, yes,” Eunji admitted. “But that’s not the only reason why.”

 

“Oh? Do tell.”

 

Eunji continued, “I’ve realized that I like spending time with everyone in the club because of who they are. When I first joined I went to the events because I only wanted to admire them for their looks. Now that I’ve gotten to know each one a little better, I go to the events because I wanna have fun with them.”

 

“Girl, that’s called the friend zone,” Ahri exclaimed.

 

“Oh shush,” Eunji argued back and slapped her friend’s arm. “You’re in no position to talk, Miss-I-say-stupid-things-around-Baekhyun.”

 

“Well, I just end up blanking when he speaks to me, ok? You wouldn’t get it Eunji,” Ahri rolled her eyes. “When you start crushing on someone, you’ll understand my struggles.”

 

“Yeah perhaps,” Eunji said softly. ‘’When’ I start crushing on someone? More like ‘if’,’ she thought.

 

Eunji stayed by Ahri’s side while she was decorating her snowman, but her eyes were elsewhere. From where the two girls were situated, they could see the entire landscape of the park before them. Baekhyun, Jongdae and Chanyeol were making snowballs and throwing them at random members (but they made sure to never throw a snowball if Kyungsoo was nearby). Kyungsoo moved himself to an isolated area where he and Minseok were building a much larger snowman.

 

Yixing was making a snow angel, and when he finished he stood up, walked over a few steps and proceeded to make another snow angel. There was a trail of snow angels beside him, and Eunji wondered how anyone could look so happy making snow angels. ‘He’s a special one, that Yixing,’ she thought and couldn’t help but chuckle a bit.

 

Suho and Kris were on the field, along with a handful of other members. The members were split into two teams, with Kris and Suho as the leaders. Kris commanded in a deep voice, “Build my castle taller, peasants!” Luhan and Tao (the presumed ‘peasants’) looked up grumpily, and Tao threw some snow at Kris. “Hey! You cannot treat your king this way! Work faster, we must beat Suho!”

 

“I should be king, not some peasant!” Tao exclaimed.

 

“I’ve never been a fan of roleplay,” Luhan groaned and continued to pack snow onto the pile of snow that Kris called his palace.

 

On the other side; Suho, Kai and Sehun worked together to build a snow castle. Sehun brought the snow in, and Kai molded it into place while Suho added intricate details.

 

Eunji sighed at the sight before her. Everything looked perfect, and yet she knew that with Satansoo’s wrath, Yixing’s questionable behaviours, Luhan’s thirst (which seemed to be greater than hers), and Tao’s constant sass, the club was anything but perfect. But she wouldn’t have it any other way. Her eyes eventually focused onto Kai, who was determined in making their castle better than Kris’s. He threw snarky remarks at the other team while boasting about their own castle, all the while laughing. Everyone on the field was laughing.

 

Suddenly, Eunji had the urge to laugh at herself. She had so easily gotten excited about Kai after their last karaoke event, and as quickly as she got her hopes up they were shot down the next day. Admittedly, she had been pretty bummed out for a few days after they had visited the petting zoo, but she didn’t know why nor did she want to figure out why. She found that every time she tried to dig to the root of the mystery, the little Jiminy Cricket in her heart told her to back away. So she did.

 

Looking back at the past few days, Eunji realized that she was being pretty, well, stupid. As she came to terms with the fact that Kai probably only wanted to share his secret with her, she was beginning to forget why she felt so uptight in the first place. Instead, she was starting to feel happy that he was so close to sharing something personal with her, despite having known her for only three months.

 

As Eunji looked at the scene before her, she decided that she would no longer worry about what happened at the karaoke event and deemed it a little “hiccup”. If she lingered on the topic any longer, she felt like she’d end up as one of those female protagonists in every K-drama ever, which would never happen because her life was a far cry from a K-drama. But hypothetically speaking, if she had continued to linger on the subject, soon enough a bratty rival character would make their entrance and cause her endless humiliation and pain until she ended up with “the guy”. She did not have the time nor the tolerance for the drama.

 

So instead, Eunji appreciated the sight before her, wishing only for them to stay happy forever.

 


 

A/N: So where I am, the first snow happened A LONG time ago but w/e, I wanted to write about all the fun things that people do when it snows (which I didn't do because of exams and urgh the only interaction I got with the snow was shovelling it). Anyway, let me know what you think about the plot development so far and I know it sounds like I brought some closure in this chapter but trust me, I haven't closed anything yet.

 

Also I changed Kyungsoo's description in the foreward from "cold-as-ice" to "Satansoo" because I feel like I write more about him being evil than anything else lol.

\\ xoxo