Too Emotionally Constipated To Apologize Correctly

Spur of a Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Jimin stared at both of them, none of the two were budging no matter how much Jimin asked. They were both like two immature kids who got into trouble and refused to talk. After a long period of silence, Jimin gave up trying to figure out what happened and just proceeded to apologize for the commotion they caused. Jungkook was still recovering from the initial shock of the entire situation while Yoongi was still applying tissues to his nose, which was still bleeding, and he had a pack of ice to his now red cheeks from Seokjin’s punch.

Jungkook noticed that Seokjin hasn’t looked at Yoongi’s way since the whole brawl and mostly directed his attention to his still clenched fists on his lap which had ice applied to the knuckles. Jungkook gently put his hand on Seokjin’s clenched ones and when he did, the latter tensed up before snapping out of whatever train of thought he was in and looked up startled. The younger offered a small smile to reassure him that everything was going to be okay to which Seokjin simply gave him a tight one in return before glancing down to his lap again.

Jimin soon came back with a hand in his hair, “Alright, thankfully nobody was here, or took pictures otherwise we would’ve been in big trouble.” Seokjin shoulders drooped even more and Jimin sighed before telling the two, “Now, I know neither one of you is going to tell me anything so instead of brooding, let’s just go before a horde of teenagers arrive.

When they begin to leave Jimin makes sure to keep them separated just in case one provoked the other to have a re-run of Yoongi’s bloody nose and Seokjin’s red fist.

Luckily they leave the building unnoticed and get into the car safely although the tension residing in the vehicle was super stuffy although no one mentioned it. It was just quiet awkward silence. Seokjin knew it was part of his fault for reacting to Yoongi’s attempts of getting him to lose it, which he succeeded in doing, but he couldn’t keep quiet after all the things he said earlier.

Seokjin and Yoongi was left, watching the retreating figures of a frantic Jimin. It was definitely going to be awkward, he’ll just pray that the grumpy male won’t talk to him and everything will be fine.

Yoongi broke the silence, “Hey.”

Damn it. So close.

Seokjin looked up uncertainly and to his surprise the usually scowling male actually had a smile, no wait, a smirk on his face? Seokjin gives him a tilt of the head since he didn’t really conjure his voice from the marathons he practically ran. The quiet male thought to him that maybe they’ll at least clear up a few misunderstandings since they’ll be working with each other. He was wrong.

“Why don’t you quit.” It wasn’t a question, more like a statement but nevertheless it still made Seokjin’s eyes widen in surprise as he sat there shocked.

“Oh that’s right, you lost your voice. Well, this will make it easier for me to get my point across that thick headed skull of yours.” Seokjin couldn’t believe it, was he actually picking a fight with him? He doesn’t think he has to strength to fight back if an physical brawl began.

“You don’t belong, anyone can tell that at first glance. Heck, the CF thing you did was crummy, no talent what so ever. Frankly, Namjoon probably only hired you since he was desperate, not that I blame him. After all you can’t think straight when you’re in a panic.” Oh, my god. Did he actually? Yes he did.

Yoongi continued his barrage of insults once more, “What are you even planning? You have zero acting experience if the only thing you can do is a shampoo CF.” Before he continued he leaned down and got near Seokjin’s face in a aggressive manner.

“Are you going to drag down everyone? All these people, you see, have worked so hard just to get to where they are. Namjoon, a person has worked 9 years for this. Jimin, who just got approval from his parents, and Jungkook, a rising young star. Now you? You’re just someone from the streets. Who knows, you may even be in some shady business, judging by the way you perk up even at the thought of money. In fact, do you even have actual interest in acting, or are you just in it for the money?”

Seokjin got up abruptly and Yoongi stepped away, taking place in front of him, Seokjin was sure his ears were turning red, yet he couldn’t say anything due to the fact his throat was still throbbing and burning. He had to calm down, he knew that the male standing in front of him was true at some point.

Yes, he’s just someone from the streets.

Yes, Namjoon probably did do that as an act of desperation.

And yes, he was doing it for the money in hopes of gaining interest along the way once more.

But what he was totally wrong about was the reason. He couldn’t believe he mentioned shady business? Okay, debt is pretty shady, but it’s not his debt and he’s saving a nice old lady from getting beat up and getting everything taken away from her. It might be crummy to justify his reasoning’s by using an elderly and her debt but he was proud to be doing something good for the first 5 years in his life, since he dropped out.

He won’t react. He won’t give in. He won’t—

“Ah, have I hit a nerve? So it is something shady. Listen here, if you do anything to jeopardize me and my friends, I can’t promise I won’t find you and destroy your life.”

It’s okay Seokjin. Don’t—

“Go do those online things instead, because at least then you won’t have to be a decent actor to be successful.”

Yoongi isn’t sure why he’s saying all these things, usually he’s calmer but he can’t really stop now. He sees Seokjin slouching a bit but with defiant eyes, so he grabs him by the chin and continues, “Plus you’re face is good enough for those things.”

Seokjin couldn’t take it anymore. He couldn’t take the insults directed towards him even though he didn’t do anything at all, but he’s not sure when his fist went and connected with Yoongi’s face pretty hard causing the recipient to falter back a bit and stumbling.

Some of the workers heard the commotion and peeked around and were startled.

“Heh, so you do have it in you to be violent. Who knows, someone might enjoy that.”

Seokjin was sick of all these ual degrading remarks, and tossed his fist again, anything to stop him from talking, except this time Yoongi caught his right fist and stared at him with cold eyes and a subtle smirk. As if he was satisfied that Seokjin finally lost his temper.

Seokjin still had his left hand free so he tightened that one and punched Yoongi once again, who had a nosebleed from the previous punch. Before Seokjin could continue with the assault he was pulled away by Jungkook while Jimin quickly separated him from Yoongi and dealt with the blood dripping onto the now ruined carpets.

He felt bad, not because of hurting Yoongi, heck he deserved it, but he felt bad for causing a big problem for Jimin and Jungkook.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Jungkook who nudged him a bit with his leg and heard his phone make a noise and he opened it to find a message.

From: Jungkook

Listen, I won’t make you talk about it or anything, but I hope you’re okay and that you guys get over whatever you were bickering about.

Sorry the day kind of turned out this way.

Once he was done reading he turned to Jungkook, who offered a sheepish smile and patted his back.

Jimin was driving instead of Yoongi, since the latter was out of it and continued to stare outside of the window. Jimin began to ask, “Ah, Seokjin where do you live? It’s pretty dark outside so we can drive you home.”

“Oh, it’s okay. I can walk from here.”

“No, I insist! It’s really dangerous from here on out.”

Seokjin gave an uncertain gaze towards the back of Yoongi’s seat, “Alright, just go up a few more streets. I’ll tell you when we see the apartment.”

Jungkook perked up, “You live in an apartment? Cool!”

Seokjin gave a smile, “Yeah, it’s pretty nice.”

_________________________

Yoongi was blocking out most of the conversation going on inside of the car, but catches some of Seokjin’s gaze in the mirror of the vehicle. The pain was subsiding, he was surprised at how strong the guy actually was, but that wasn’t important. He was still trying to figure out why he said all those cruel and crude things. Yoongi admits it, that was going way overboard, but he has too much of a pride to apologize. He knew he didn’t like Seokjin, but he didn’t think it was to that extent. Maybe in another life they could’ve been friends.

The car suddenly stopped, causing him to jerk forward but only a bit.

“Oh, sorry, there was a bird.” Yoongi looked at Jimin, and knew he did that on purpose because he was annoyed. Yoongi looked away and put his attention back to the window and began to notice that the neighborhood was slowly changing; it became a lot more dirty and skuzzy. This is where that guy lives? Looks really dangerous, he glances towards the mirror and sees Seokjin whispering about something with Jungkook, and it must be something funny because his mood changed from piercing glares

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter