Thrill Rides and Infections

Spur of a Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seokjin sighed at his own thoughts; he’s not even sure where that came from. He shakes his head slightly in confusion, okay sure Yoongi looked pretty tolerable when he wasn’t throwing looks of pure disgust at him, and sure the male did look adorable with his gummy smil- yeah, stop it Seokjin. Just focus on the drama, and once you’re done you won’t have to worry about him anymore, simply toss those thoughts away. He slides down in his chair uncomfortably and resembling a child who’s at the principal’s office.

He would’ve probably continued to wallow in his newfound worry but the said thought and problem simply dissipated as soon as Jungkook came into view, strolling towards him with his signature grin which never fails to make Seokjin smile back happily, “Hey, you’re doing great so far!”

Seokjin rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment, “Oh thanks! You’re making me blush. I see you got your hair fixed.”

“Yeah, the stylist was pretty angry, but she was mostly lecturing Jimin about how he should be setting an example, so it was enjoyable.”

“You really should respect him more, but it’s understandable. He’s so small and squishy.”

Jungkook frowned a bit jokingly, “I thought we were on the same track but then you pulled out the word squishy. I’m not sure if that’s an everyday normal adjective to use when describing someone.” The older of the two simply swatted at him before sighing out in content, “Honestly, I’m glad I met Namjoon.”

“Oh? Why is that?” Jungkook queried curiously and Seokjin simply didn’t really think about it before he replied with a simple word, “You.”

This caused both of the two to sit in silence, before Seokjin jumped up from his seat and started sputtering out words like a machine, “I-I mean, I just mean, that, I mean all of you guys? If I haven’t met Namjoon, I wouldn’t have met you guys and I jus—“ The flustered male noticed that he kept on going on and ducked his head in embarrassment and gave slight glances to Jungkook. He’s pretty sure he wants the ground to swallow him up right now, but he’s met with some friendly chuckles, “Hey hey, I get what you’re saying.”

Jungkook is 100% sure he’s wearing the biggest and fondest smile he’s ever bore on his face but that doesn’t matter at all, not when the dorkiest and cutest person is sitting in front of you. Seokjin’s still not looking at him and has his hands clutched on his thighs, gripping the fabric of his pants like a vulnerable kid. Jungkook lifts both of his hands hesitantly before placing them gently on the older male’s cheeks, lightly as if Seokjin was going to disappear at the simplest touch.

“Hey, look at me.” He coos in a joking and fond tone.

“No way, I’m too embarrassed. God that was so stupid.”

“I thought it was cute.”

Seokjin whipped his head up and almost head butted Jungkook’s chin but his breath hitched as he realized how close they actually were, Jungkook as well just simply stared, wide-eyed and shocked at the proximity, which barely existed. Seokjin was completely lost in the younger’s dark orbs and Jungkook’s hands felt warm and comfortable, he relaxed into the touch for awhile, it’s been a long time since he’s felt this relaxed.

They would’ve probably continued to stare at each other’s orbs if they weren’t interrupted by an excited Taehyung, “Is this the inter-office relationships I’ve always read about?!”

Jungkook backed away suddenly and shocked with his actions, he couldn’t really help it, and he was in a complete trance. He was going to try to offer some flimsy excuse except a equally embarrassed Seokjin offered one instead, “A-actually I had something in my eye and he was trying to take a look at it!”

Taehyung gave a worried look, “Oh my god, are you okay? I’ve heard of eye infections, are you going to die? Oh god, I just met you! I can’t believe this! Here, I specialize in this area, let me take a look at your eye!” He immediately grabbed Seokjin’s cheek, much to Jungkook’s displeasure but if that’s what it took for the alien to believe their excuse then he’ll accept it this time. Seokjin eventually swatted the prodding touch to his face and his eye, “Tae, I’m fine, I just got dust in my eye! Jesus Christ, I’ll just ignore the fact that you admitted to being specialized in eye infections?”

The male simply offered a boxy smile and looks off into the distance, as if to reminiscence a distant memory, “It’s amazing how educating the internet really is. I’ve memorized so many things that will scar me for life!”

Jungkook gives a slight squint, “You mean you learned about every single eye infection through the internet?” Seokjin leans back into his chair, tuning into the interesting (?) conversation.

“Yes, Naver is truly a wonderful and terrifying place. Would you like to hear about the different infections?”

The youngest gave a terrified look, “Oh actually it’s oka—“

“Anyways here’s the first generic type of infection, Pink eye.”

Seokjin chuckles at the look of distress from Jungkook, and thank god Namjoon waved for him to come over and discuss the next scene, he’s not sure if he will survive the explanation of how conjunctivitis works. He waves at the traumatized male before sliding away, barely catching the phrase from the alien, “So the infections that can damage the retina and inner eye includes—“

Once he’s out of hearing range of Taehyung’s personal eye infection lecture, he breathes out and is greeted by Namjoon’s dimpled smile, “Is Taehyung sharing his knowledge of eye infections?”

Seokjin gives him a look of surprise, “How’d you know?”

“I kind of figured by Jungkook’s despair, and the fact that I heard Taehyung shout out, ‘Let’s talk about the wonders of having a healthy and uninfected eyeball!’. Let’s just pray that Jungkook survives for his scene.”

“How are you so patient with Taehyung and Hoseok?”

“I’m honestly not sure, one time I volunteered at a preschool before and compared to the two combined, it was a piece of cake. At least the kids didn’t start talking in a whole different language just to spite me.”

“Let me guess, it was Tae?”

Namjoon shakes his head, “No, it was Hobi, I accidently ignored his text for two whole minutes, and next thing you know, he searched up how to learn Latin.”

Seokjin gives a laugh of disbelief, “They both seem to have a knack for searching things up. They’re so adorably dorky.”

“Adorably? I wouldn’t really call them that, just overall quirky. I still appreciate them being the way they are; after all they really lift the mood up.”

“I can’t argue with that.” Seokjin gives a smile before continuing, “Anyways, are we shooting the next scene soon?”

“Right, the car scene is next, we’ll be using the parking lot outside this studio. You know how to drive a car right?”

Seokjin nods excitedly.

__________________

Yoongi groans into his hands, his back is stiff from sitting awkwardly, trying to recollect his thoughts, okay that scene turned out better than he thought it would. In fact it was really well acted out? The two actors (Actually one actor and an inexperienced cast from the streets according to Yoongi) actually seemed like friends, like really close friends.  It really bothered him that he was the one that messed up instead of Seokjin and it even more that it’s not even the latter’s fault that he himself, the genius Yoongi screwed up. He’s shook out of his thoughts as he feels a pair of hands grab onto his shoulders, he expects to look up and sees Jimin but instead is met with an exasperated Jungkook.

“You look dead.”

“I am dead. Do you know how many facts about eye infections I just lived through? Conjunctivitis is a terrifying thing; don’t even get me started on keratitis.”

“I’m not even going to ask, in fact, I don’t even want to have this conversation, let’s move on.”

Jungkook swatted at his shoulder and it makes Yoongi wonder just how close they’ve gotten, to the point where he’s willing to let this brat treat him so casually and disrespectfully might he add. He’s also noticed how much Jungkook has grown. The younger realized that Yoongi was staring, “Are you okay? Are you sick? You keep on looking at me.”

“I was just thinking you’ve grown so much since we’ve met, I feel like a proud dad.”

“You’re a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter