The Forecast Predicts a Hurricane

Spur of a Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Tired was not the word he would use for how he felt about the events happening currently. Now, frustrated with a smidge of anxiety hidden in there was the exact combination he was looking for. He’s not even sure how he got into this situation, honestly. The only thing he’s sure of is that Kim Seokjin, does not belong in the plush cushion in a somewhat stuffy basement.

His body jerks a bit at the feeling of people styling his usually somewhat messy hair, and the feeling of makeup brushes on his face gently applying some kind of unknown substance that most likely cost more than his current apartment, and his belongings included.

If he thinks back, he would place all the blame on his phone charger, for not doing the one thing it’s designed for; charging his phone. In fact everything seemed to go sour as soon as he woke up, what a perfect way to start the morning might he add, cue the sarcasm.

__________________________

“We present you the winner of the grand prize for finishing, not only ten or twenty, but fifty plates, and finally emptying the restaurant of all its sushi ingredients and supplies; Kim Seokjin!” announced the overly bright MC for the food event he was currently at.

Seokjin continues to present a big smile regardless, knowing that his big appetite finally did some good for once and just as he reached for his grand prize, a huge, beautiful, magnificent check---

Was that a herd of Jjangu?

Oh no.

The herd that seemed like multiple Jjangus ripped through the huge check like football players at a high school would do to a banner, completely wrecking it. He immediately wakes up from his nightmare, in cold sweat. “Jeez, even in the dream realm money seems to be nonexistent.”

He glances at his clock and stares for approximately 5 seconds, or maybe even more before his eyes comically bulge out.

“Please don’t tell me that says 10 AM,” He rubs furiously at his eyes before realizing, yes Seokjin you’re late for your job again. Seokjin’s back immediately straightens and if the nightmare didn’t wake him up, this definitely snapped him out of the sleep induced trance he was going through three seconds ago. He quickly glances at his phone which usually has several alarms, in the names of ‘Wake up’, ‘Wake up Seokjin’ and finally the last alarm, ‘KIM SEOKJIN YOU PUNK GET UP’.

He pressed the on button of his phone multiple times, only to find it completely dead and out of battery, and his eyes follow the chord down, and what used to be a perfectly fine charger was now a mangled mess of wires with chew marks; he narrowed his eyes since he already knew the culprit.

“Jjangu, I swear to god!”
 

Seokjin groans into his balms, it’s partly his fault, he should’ve known not to lay any charger, or anything in fact on the floor, after all his dog decided to play detective by chewing anything in sight, he thought he learned this lesson last time when he left his slippers unattended by Seokjin has proved himself wrong as he looks at the state of his charger and his phone which was completely dead. In fact one Christmas he brought home a small plastic tree, because he couldn’t afford a medium sized one at the time with his given salary, only to find Jjangu in pain on the floor after swallowing the tinsel he wrestled off, completely convinced that it was a threat. He spent his next three paychecks paying off the vet bills.

He sighs, great another expense that wasn’t counted for, but now wasn’t the time to wallow in self pity, especially since the bus that departs to his workplace was about to leave in fifteen minutes, and it took him around ten minutes to get ready and five minutes to walk to the stop, well actually run to the stop, then it took five.  He quickly got up, but of course his foot had to get tangled up in his blankets from last night’s comfortable rest, because why not and he granted the floor with a kiss, earning himself a red nose from the impact. Excusing the throbbing pain he ran to the bathroom to check the mirror—

“Well, that’s great; I look just like a descendent of Rudolph.”

He shakes off those thoughts; maybe he’ll share them later with Jjangu when he’s not upset at the dog, and soon he puts on a white button-up shirt hurriedly and then his work pants, which were a bland color of black. He peeked out into the small hallway while still brushing his teeth and hair at the same time and nearly spits out the toothpaste on the wooden floors when he sees that he needs to get out immediately in order to catch his bus, and by soon, he meant now. Seokjin rushes to feed Jjangu, who was currently sleeping peacefully, ignoring his owner’s panicked noises, after all he can’t be late again this week.” He puts on his shoes not minding the untied laces and runs out of the house and of course locking his door hastily, dropping his keys in the process and scrambles to pick them up and continue to run.

It was sad to say but in his twenty-five years of being alive, this was the most excitement he’s ever felt recently. Well not counting the bawl fest when he watches dramas with Jjangu, well by watching he means death gripping on his grumpy dog, so yeah watching dramas with his dog. He’s out of breath so he tries to walk a little but that stops as soon as he sees a white bus speeding away and he’s running once again, seriously are buses always this fast? Much to his demise, the bus is out of his view soon enough, and he sits down on a nearby broken down bench, panting for his life while strangers walk by looking confused, after all his shirt was barely tucked in, he was sweating, and his hair was barely combed to what you would consider neat.

He’s never really had to resort to this choice, but desperate times call for desperate measures. He gains his breath event

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter