Motivation is Key

Spur of a Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Yeah, so what is it I exactly have to do?” Seokjin questions curiously, after all it can’t be that hard if Namjoon recruited him off the streets, or in the café. Even though he’s jittery as hell, it can’t be that hard since it was just a short CF, he’ll be fine. Namjoon looks back excitedly, a complete contrast to his despaired state back at the small quaint café.

“All you have to do is wet your hair and then hold up the shampoo, simple as that, but make it look sensual!”

“Sensual?”

“Yeah, kind of like those L’oreal commercials? But with more pizzazz!”

“I’ll just ignore the fact that you used that word,” Maybe this will be a piece of cake, sthe main point in Seokjin’s view is to make the product look fine, and this will definitely be easy and he’ll have no trouble—

NOT.

A loud NG was yelled across the set by Namjoon, boy was he wrong about it being easy and fine, abort mission, he can live on the streets, it’ll be fine. He can be one of those carefree hobos with their dogs, and sure a can of beans sound little but with the hobo life, everything is a treasure. Seokjin is pretty sure his hair will fall out from the numerous times he’s put this shampoo in his hair, he can tell by the slight burn from the overuse of products. He hears Namjoon’s voice booming over some whispers, probably conversing about Seokjin’s incapability to do such a simple task.

“Seokjin! Can I speak to you for a minute, or two--?

Seokjin waddles begrudgingly like a child that knows he’s about to be scolded, and it’s an endearing image for Namjoon, since it reminds him of his brother back home.

“Listen, you’ve got the ‘putting shampoo in your hair’ and stuff, but your facial expressions are kind of, indifferent and really just awkward.” Seokjin curses internally at his natural awkwardness, he’s always had it when he was younger, even his teacher mentioned it cutting off the flow of the mood. He sighs at that. Namjoon starts talking again, “Some people are getting frustrated, but I believe you can do it!” He offers a fist bump, in an ensuring way that the elder will succeed, sooner or later. Namjoon eventually directs Seokjin back to the filming area. Okay Seokjin, you can do this, a slight reassurance to himself that everything, well something will turn out okay.

“Take 23!” Ah, so that’s the number of takes so far, how embarrassing.

He begins the procedure again, and wets his now wet dark brown hair, and puts some shampoo into his hands and begins to tousle some through his wet locks. It gives him another reminder to get a haircut soon. He tries to put on a proper ‘sensual’ face but knows he fails as soon as he hears the infamous, “NG!” Seokjin feels bad, really. The look on Namjoon’s face can only be described as dejected but continues to say, “Let’s take a 15 minute break!”

A stylist hands him a towel before saying, “We’ll touch up on your makeup when you come back from the break,” She gives him a sympathetic look as to say I know this is so ing hard, but don’t give up because our career depends on it and you’re our last hope. Work hard! He appreciates it, sort of, but tosses a small smile regardless, and walks to Namjoon.

“I’m really sorry, I told you I’m not cut out for this,” He lets out a small laugh, no doubt with a hint of sadness in his tone.

“Its fine, here, how about you get something for yourself to drink? Don’t worry; some beginning actors usually have this amount of NGs.” He gives him a pat on the back before walking back to check the film. Seokjin sighs as he walks out the door and heads upstairs, since they were in the basement, but you couldn’t really tell, since it was still somewhat decent. His thoughts were interrupted as he heard a sound similar to what a free horse on a field would make.  Now, the other noise, it sounded like gibberish, something on the science channel, and if the topic was aliens. He didn’t pay any mind to it since it could’ve just been a sound effect; he continued to walk down to the small café located inside the huge building with a towel wrapped around his neck.

“I’ll have a cup of water.” The barista looks at him funny before proceeding to give him a cup of water and as he went to pay, she just simply stated that water was free since, well it was water. Seokjin looked at her in surprise but said his thank you and trudged away, it was a good cup of water although it’s no surprise since it is a prestigious building, and it’s bound to have water that tastes like it’s from heaven. He started making his way up the stairs, well tried, before he heard those unidentifiable noises again, he tried to ignore them again but this time the sounds began to grow louder, and closer? Before he knows it, something well actually someone barreled right into his back, knocking everything out of his hand. Well, there goes his water and nice cup, may you rest in pieces along with his future. He seriously can’t even have a nice cup of water without it getting ruined. Thank you life, for being ever so generous.

He holds his back and winces from the pain that originated from the impact before he hears a deep voice, “Oh my god! Are you okay!? Hobi I think I killed a man!”

Was that the sound of a distressed horse in the distance, although his back was in more of a dire situation, he figured his back would’ve given up when he got older, not when he was only freaking twenty five years old. Now, his back which was perfectly fine before, is reaching the light before he is. Seokjin looked up at a guy with brown hair, who currently had a distressed look on his face, even more so than Namjoon back at the café. So to calm him down, he tries to speak only to be cut off, “I’m actually fin—“

“Tae, I told you not to fool around, and now you’ve killed someone, oh god where do we hide bodies?! Quick you grab the legs and I’ll grab the hands!” Before he actually proceeds with his plot, Seokjin quickly jumps, despite the pain in his lower back, rewarding him with a loud scream from sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter