Crowds Are No Fun

Spur of a Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last Chapter:

Only two people are quiet about their characters in the room, Yoongi and Seokjin. How were they supposed to act as partners in crime, when they couldn’t even stand each other in the room? Yoongi prays that Seokjin will give up and quit, because if not, then he’ll have to make him quit and Seokjin just prays there’s no romance between the two, because if that’s the one thing he can’t act, it’s to pretend to be infatuated with someone he detests.

Someone who goes by the name, Min Yoongi

_______________________

 

Yoongi sighed out in frustration while holding his hand to his face in distress. Out of all the people it had to be this irritating guy. Out of the entire universe, life was playing some kind of joke on him right? He starts plotting a way to get Seokjin to quit, yes it was immature of him to have this kind of mindset but he really just couldn’t stand the guy. From the time he first saw him briefly on the billboard, acting in HIS cf, he’s always irked him. He throws a glare at the brown haired male who was chatting happily with Jungkook. How did they even know each other? How did Jungkook put up with him?

He glances over to Jimin in hopes that talking to the angel would calm his nerves, only to see Jimin talking to Namjoon about his role excitedly and how he won’t disappoint him. The way his face lights up when it comes to acting really makes his heart swell with happiness that he finds himself smiling a bit.

Jimin isn’t as successful as Yoongi or Jungkook, even though he deserves a lot more recognition than both of them so Yoongi understands why this role was a big deal to the younger. He pouts unconsciously when he finds that he is the only one with nobody to talk to and let his eyes drift from Jimin to the only person he detests in the room. He really doesn’t understand why Namjoon recruited this newbie to participate in this drama, especially since this is a pretty big deal, it could affect Namjoon in a negative or positive way.

His ears pick up on a quite obnoxious laugh. There aren’t many noises that bother him since he usually blocks it out, but he tells himself mentally to add Seokjin’s window wiping laugh to the list. He’s not even sure what Jungkook said to make him start releasing that horrible sound. Yoongi tries to focus to hear what they were talking about, but as soon as he did, boy did he regret it.

“Hey Seokjin, do you know how the sky was created?”

“Oh lord, how?”

Jungkook immediately had a cheeky grin before answering, “It was airborne.” Which caused Seokjin to give a blank face as if trying to process it and there’s the long awaited laugh while he’s doubling over and hitting Jungkook’s arms lightly. Yoongi frowns at the horrible pun before he gets shaken out of his thoughts by Namjoon’s voice.

“That’s about it for this meeting! We’ll have another one on Monday so we can go over the script for episode one. We’ll be promoting while filming, so make sure to have a clear schedule!”

Seokjin asked a question quickly, “Do we get paid while filming?” Yoongi raised his eyebrow a bit and Namjoon gave him a questioning look before answering, “Ah yes you do, about 500$ a day since we’re on low-budget for now.” Seokjin nodded his head while Yoongi wondered what that was about. Was he involved in some gang business? He didn’t like the idea of having a person who could possibly cause huge scandal acting on the same set with him, after all if there’s one actor who was involved in dangerous business it could bring suspicion to the other associates, which could harm his career or even worse; Jimin and Jungkook’s career.

While Yoongi was deep in thought, Jimin started asking about the first filming area and if they were going to film at a high school, to which Namjoon replied with how there’s a high school that’s abandoned but kept in good condition, and as soon as he said that Jimin got even more excited if that was possible.

Jungkook had been quiet and finally talked since Namjoon spoke, “Is there any romance?” To which Namjoon scratched the back of his head lightly before saying,
“Possibly? I haven’t looked over the future scripts the writers provided, and it’s not completely set since they could change it up to accommodate the plot line.” Jungkook nodded his head slowly as if processing everything.

“Is that all the questions? If so, make sure to read over the character’s personality and background story on page three tonight.”

Jungkook and Jimin both answered yes enthusiastically while the two oldest simply nodded since one was thinking hard and the other was planning out things that concerned an old lady’s debt.

Yoongi watched as Jungkook started to ask Seokjin something but his attention shifted to Namjoon who waved him subtly to come over so they could both discuss something while Jimin was calling his parents to tell them about the good news.

Namjoon began to talk, “Now I know that you have a stubborn grudge against Seokjin but please be professional and put your personal arguments aside and try to work together, if not as friends then as fellow co-workers.”

The black haired male scoffed lightly, “Please Namjoon, I got this, I’m the best professional here. I know how to separate personal life from work life. After all I am a genius.” The last part earned him a light chuckle from Namjoon before the latter punched him lightly in the arm, “Seriously your arrogance is going to be your downfall. Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention, um, you’re going to have to dye your hair.”

Yoongi just looked at him and replied with a deadpanned voice, “What.”

The other simply gave a nervous laugh before saying, “Well, you see, the character you’re going to play doesn’t exactly have black hair.”

“I… Namjoon, you know how much I hate dying my hair, I practically almost went bald for my last three dramas.” Yoongi sighed before continuing, “At least tell me it’s not going to be a super light color right? I can’t handle bleaching my hair anymore.”

The younger of the two gave another ‘Oh lord, you’re going to hate me’ laugh, “Well, technically it’s not super light. Just, uh, blonde.” As soon as Namjoon saw Yoongi’s ‘are you kidding me’ face, he immediately began to add in, “It’s dirty blonde! Dirty!”

Yoongi spares him a glare before growling lowly so Jimin wouldn’t hear, “You better pray I don’t turn bald.” To which Namjoon smiled brightly because that meant Yoongi was going to once again, bleach his hair. He walked towards Jimin who just finished his call with his parents, and it must have been good because he had a fond smile directed at his phone. Yoongi lightly knocked his hand against Jimin’s head snapping the latter out of the trance he was in.

“Hey, I’m guessing your parents took the news well?”

“Yeah! I’m really happy.”

“Good, you deserve it.”

Yoongi remembers back when they first met.

He shuffled towards a pretty unoccupied corner to check his phone when he heard a few sniffles and almost had a heart attack right there when he turned to find a boy with brown hair huddled up, completely camouflaged since he was wearing dark clothing  in the supposedly unoccupied corner. He imagined the headline, ‘Aspiring Rookie Actor, Heart Failure’. He stood there awkwardly before coughing a little, which gained the attention of the sniffling boy.

“Oh, I-I’m sorry, I must be bothering you. I’ll leave” Yoongi figures this must be some guy playing as a extra or background character although he had a nice face and his voice was pretty pleasing to the ears.

“Uh no it’s okay, after all you were here first.”

“Oh okay. I don’t mind if you stay though.”

“Alright.”

Cue the awkward atmosphere; it was really quiet with the exception of few sounds of the boy breathing air in an unsteady manner and the background noises from the filming crew. Yoongi soon got tired of this tension and since he was pretty bold he just straight up asked, “Why are you crying? Did something happen?” He hesitated before asking the last question, “Did someone… harass you… ually?” To which the boy widened his eyes in surprise and shook his head quickly to clear the misunderstanding.

“Oh, no, not at all! I just..” The shorter male breathed before continuing to speak, “I just got off the phone with my parents, you see, I ran away to aspire my dream to act and they aren’t exactly happy but they said they supported me, but so far it’s not looking good. I’m just an extra. They really disapprove me joining the entertainment world.” He gave a hopeless laugh.

Yoongi frowned before awkwardly squatting to be on level with the guy and patted his back lightly (but still managed to make it awkward). He didn’t know what to say but tried his best anyways.

“Well, before I make it more awkward than it already is, first can you tell me what your name is? My name is Yoongi.” The boy chuckled quietly but sincerely for the first time, so he must be doing well so far.

“Ah, sorry, my name is Jimin!” The boy named Jimin looked at him for the first time and he backed away in surprise, “Woah! Y-you’re that new actor!” He quickly bowed.

“Yeesh, you don’t need to do that.”

Jimin looked up sheepishly, to which Yoongi found adorable for some reason. He slapped himself internally for getting off track and continued, “Anyways, what’s so bad about being a extra?”

“Pfft, what’s good? Barely any screen time, no lines. If I’m lucky the back of my head will show. It . How am I supposed to present that to my parents? Hey mom and dad look at me, that’s right I appear ten minutes in! Wait, you don’t see me? Can’t you see I’m that one blob in the background!” He retorts sarcastically before realizing his outburst and turning shy again, “It’s not exactly ideal.”

Yoongi chuckled a little, “Guess that’s true. How about I tell you how I started out?”

Jimin perked up, “Didn’t you get a huge role on your first audition?”

The older shook his head, “Nah, the first role I got was someone walking a dog in the background. A colorful blob as you may put it.”

The last part made Jimin look to the ground, embarrassed.

“The only reason they hired me was because I had a dog. The treasure of my life! Anyways, getting off topic here, it was discouraging, heck I even got called out for walking the dog wrong? How can you even walk a dog wrong?” Yoongi said the last part in disbelief causing Jimin to giggle quietly.

“The point is, I was really upset, but I dealt with all those colorful blob roles to get to where I am. A producer noticed me a lot, and decided to give me the chance to prove myself, which I did. So never give up no matter how hard things get.” Jimin stared at Yoongi in awe which caused the tips of Yoongi’s ears to burn red.

The shorter sniffed one last time before giving Yoongi a warm smile, which definitely stirred his heart, strange.

“Thanks.”

“Yoongi? Hello? You’ve been spacing off lately.” Jimin frowned at him disapprovingly, “Ah! Are you working late again? The doctor told you to rest!”

“Don’t worry, I’m resting. I was just thinking of things.”

“Oh, like what?”

“I was thinking back to when we first met.”

“Oh god, that was embarrassing, let’s just go and get something to drink.” Jimin hurriedly said goodbye to Jungkook, Seokjin and Namjoon before walking out quickly while Yoongi simply nodded to Jungkook and Namjoon, but just before he was going to nod to the Seokjin, he found the male staring back at him and he tossed him a glare as if to say he doesn’t belong here.

To which Seokjin responds by giving him a subtle small wave before he q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter