Desperate For The Right Reasons

Spur of a Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 Jungkook has always heard about angels, in stories and such, but this is the first time he's seen one in person. He's speechless. 

 The fact that this 'angel' looked like he was running right into his arms made his heart beat super fast.

thump

thump, thump

thump, thump, thump

  He was tempted to open his arms, and he might have if his 'angel' just tripped over his own foot? He burst out laughing instead, gripping tightly on the leash. While Jjangu jumped and shook aggressively to get free.

________________________

 Wow, okay he fell. Seokjin tripped, OVER HIS OWN FEET. He blames it on the excitement on finding his dog, but he hears a laugh, and glares up from the floor, before getting up and brushing the dirt off his hoodie and pants.

 He was about to say something, but once he saw Jjangu, a smile immediately grew on his face.

 "Jjangu!!" He yells out practically. He ran over this time, minding his steps.

 "Oh, hey you must be Jjangu's owner right?" A guy, who kind of resembled a gray rabbit Seokjin use to own, greeted.

  Seokjin smirked a bit remembering their early phone conversation. "If I wasn't, would I be running up to you, yelling my dog's name?" 

  "Touché." He smiled brightly while handing Seokjin the leash for Jjangu.

  "Touché indeed. Anyways, thank you so much for finding him! Is there any way I could pay you back?" Seokjin asked while tilting his head a bit. It was always his habit he couldn't shake off. 

  "How about, you buy me some coffee on Thursday?" Jungkook said all of a sudden, suprising himself even.

  "Oh, huh, okay?" 

  Seokjin waved goodbye to an awestruck Jungkook, and walked away.

______________________

  Jungkook didn’t think he was someone who said things before thinking about them. Usually he would just brush it off, so he suprised himself when those words fell out of his mouth. Yet he smiled fondly, at the chance to meet this guy.

Wait..

"Crap, I forgot to ask for his name and number..."

He lets out a aggravated yell.

  There goes his chance to drink coffee with an angelic looking guy. He shakes his head disapprovingly at himself. Oh wait, didn't he call him earlier... 

that means there's a chance!

He sighs in relief when he sees the phone number in the recent calls, and texts a message.

"Hey, this is Jungkook, the guy from earlier on. Oh, I never found out your name as well."

Jungkook waited anxiously for a response, and once he heard a Ironman sound alert, he immediately opened up his phone, smiling at the message.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm so scattered sometimes. My name is Seokjin! Nice to meet you, thanks again.. for y'know.. finding my dog!"

  They're still talking and Jungkook finds out that Seokjin is a few years older than him, and enjoys cooking and Mario things, and of course, he enjoys puns. He's about to reply to one of his messages but he gets interrupted by his ringtone, which was a Ironman OST. His love for Ironman, was very strong and out of this world. Oh lord, Seokjin was definitely rubbing off on him, he'll have to remember to tell that pun to him. He finally answers his phone after awhile. 

"Hey, what's up? Did you finally recover from your supposed flu?" He hears a tired groan.

"Hey, you brat, it was real! Snot and all, but of course, the genius me has recovered! Anyways, if you could, can you pick up some lamb skewers?" a grumpy voice answered.

"Oh, yeah, sure, I'm right in front of the store. Real coincidence, right?" 

"Yeah, thanks buddy." replied the voice, before the call ended.

Jungkook shakes his head at his lethargic friend, but walks into the store eventually.

____________________________

  After texting his new friend. Seokjin must've fallen asleep. It felt nice, and he knew it was definitely a good sleep since he got those fabric wrinkles embedded into his face, creating a pattern on one side. So basically, he must've slept like a rock. 

  He shook his hair with his hand lazily, still waking up, before remembering to contact Namjoon about the bill board since that was a huge suprise, and while he was at it, why not text a horse and alien as well. He was too tired to text them individually so he just sent a group text.

To: Hobi, Tae, Namjoon

"Hey, this is Seokjin, sorry for the late contact, and sorry for forgetting to give you my number."

And not even a minute later he got responses from two individuals.

Hobi: HEEY JINNIE, HOW ARE YOU, YEAH ME AND TAE KIND OF RAN TO NAMJOON TO GET YOUR NUMBER AFTER REALIZING WE DIDN'T GET IT.

Tae: YEAH, BUT THEN YOU ALREADY WENT HOME, FEELS BAD MAN. ANYWAYS CONGRATULATIONS, WE SAW YOUR HANDSOME FACE ON THE BIG SCREEN, WE KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!

Hobi: WELL I DID, TAE WAS HAVING DOUBTS. 

Tae: NUH-UH. NOT TRUE. ANYWAYS NAMJOON HAS BEEN PROMOTED AS WELL, DUE TO HOW WELL IT CAME OUT, APPARENTLY IT HELPED THE COMPANY SELL ALOT OF SHAMPOO.

Hobi: A SHAMPOO CRAZE!!!!!

Seokjin:Woah caps are no joke when it comes to you guys huh?

Namjoon: Tell me about it. Anyways, thank you again for being in my CF! Thanks to you, it’s become a big hit, I also got promoted!

Seokjin: That’s great!

Namjoon: Remember, if you ever need a job or anything, I’m here to offer you one! I’ve gotten lot more projects now, and I think I can find a position for you!

Seokjin: Alright, thanks! Hey… haven’t they been pretty quiet for awhile..

Namjoon: Oh, they probably headed back to work, they were hiding from the person in charge. They’re such idiots.

Seokjin: Geez.. they’re like toddlers, anyways I’ll leave you to your work! Good luck!

Namjoon: Bye! Talk to you later.

 

Seokjin sighs in comfort, while looking at a job website on his laptop. Nothing really catches his eyes, so he closes his laptop and drifts to sleep.

____________________________

Jungkook groans at the sight of all the people in front of the expensive apartment door. “At least make it easier for me to get through..” he curses. He sneaks towards the back before getting the attention of one girl.

“Hey it’s Jungkook!!”

Seriously, do they have super vision or something? Quickly gripping onto the bag that contains lamb skewers, he begins to run to the back entrance, and waves to the figure with orange hair standing in the door way motioning for him to quickly come in before they all get swallowed by the ocean of fans.

Once they get inside, Jungkook takes a moment to breathe before speaking,

“Hey Jimin, you’re here! When did you come back from America?”

Jimin smiled, “Just yesterday actually, I still feel so jet lagged.”

Jungkook chuckles before taking off his shoes and yelling out “Yoongi, I practically died out there, just for your skewers, so you better be awake!”

It took a moment but soon a voice answered back,

“Alright, alright, I’m out.” A shorter guy with black hair walked out, who seems to have a runny nose, that’s red obviously from the frequent use of tissues.

“Damn, you weren’t kidding when you said you were sick, you look terrible.” Jungkook somewhat joked.

“Yeah, Yeah. I missed this one CF thing because of this sudden flu, oh well, they’ll probably reschedule it.” He yawns, and his face immediately brightens at the sight of lamb skewers.

Jimin laughed at the sight, “Jeez, this is why you shouldn’t stay up so late, and do reckless stunts. That’s why stunt doubles exist for a reason.” He sat down near the table where they all gathered.

Yoongi scowled at the word stunt double, “Please, nobody could compare to the great genius Min Yoongi! I have to be genuine!”

Jungkook scoffed, “The great genius that got a flu. Anyways, Jimin how was America? Did you get the pictures like I asked for?”

Jimin was still chewing his food and stuffing his face some more, but talked anyways, “Ohm, Americah hwas goof and oh  hyea! Hmold onm!” as he scurried away to his belongings to grab out a camera. “Thada! They shmould all be in thwere!” he exclaimed proudly before handing Jungkook the camera, to which he took happily and began scrolling through it.

Yoongi shook his head slightly while looking at Jimin fondly, “Hey, chew your food thoroughly before you choke, I don’t think any of us know CPR here.” he joked.

Jungkook looked up from the camera and noticed Yoongi’s heart eyes “Well, Yoongi might learn CPR just for tha—Ow! What was that for?” he glared at Yoongi, to which Yoongi just shrugged before eating some more of his food.

Yoongi and Jimin began to talk about something, and while Jungkook was admiring the pictures, he heard his phone make the telltale Ironman sound effect, notifying that a text came in, and he excitedly opened it up.

“Pffft, you still use that same sound effect?” questioned Jimin.

Yoongi laughed a little before saying “You should listen to it, when he’s on a texting spree, just non-stop Ironman noises.”

Jungkook gave them a glare, “Oh shut up..” before seeing that the text came a few hours ago, dang you internet, he should probably pay his phone bill soon. He smiled brightly at the text from earlier on.

Seokjin: Looking forward drinking coffee with you on Thursday!

Also, Jjangu seems to like you a’latte’

Sorry, I had to. Good night Jungkook.

Jimin seemed to notice the smile on Jungkook and began to about it, “Oooh, Yoongi, look at Kookie’s face, it practically screams ‘I’m in love’” he clasps his hands together and flutters his eyelashes to imitate a girl in love. Yoongi just grunts in response while eating some side dishes. “Who are you talking to, Kookie?” Jimin asked curiously, after all it had to be someone great to catch the attention of the youngest.

Jungkook sticks out his tongue to make a bleh gesture before saying “None of your business!” Jungkook thinks back to when the three met.. back when he was cautious about who to interact with, after all he couldn’t risk any scandals, even as a trainee.

 It was around the time he was about to debut as a young solo artist, he was practically the definition of nervous. Clammy hands, shaky legs, rapid thoughts. What if he didn’t fit in, what if he screwed up? Would he return to Busan and waste all that time and effort, not only from him, but from his friends and family? He gulped just as he walked into the train that would take him to the company building.

He was expecting a quiet awkward ride there, the train was pretty cramped and uncomfortable. He was still shaking from nervousness but his thoughts got interrupted by a chirpy bright voice, “Hey! Can I sit here?” he didn’t look up yet, and just nodded softly and continued to trace the threads on his jeans, something he often did when he was nervous.

“Are you okay?” ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter