Disappointments, Scenes and Action

Spur of a Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seokjin breathes out shakily, he was expecting another rude confrontation from the blonde, to say the least, and Min Yoongi kept on pulling out surprises one after another. It’s kind of embarrassing to admit but he had his fist ready to punch him if he said something degrading, but maybe Yoongi is actually cleaning up his act. He had trouble getting out a word after hearing, the somewhat sincere statement, thank god he’s practiced having a calm stance after all it was handy for acting and playing poker.

Hoseok waves to him with one hand, while the other was currently stuffing his cheeks with desserts from the snack table, seems like most of the budget would be going towards Hoseok and Taehyung’s stomach.

“Having fun eating?”

“Of course! Treast yourshelf to Namjhoon’s buffet tabell!”

Seokjin had no problem deciphering his ‘Hey, I’m stuffing my face so I won’t be comprehensible, but I’m hopeful that you understand me,’ talk, after all he usually subjected his ex-friends to the same treatment when they went out for buffets and such. Ex-friends; as in the fake, snobbish people who turned their heads once Seokjin dropped out of college and refused to contact him. It was pretty hilarious, that after everything occurred, Seokjin finally saw those fake masks crumbling down one by one, resulting in a creation of ugliness.

He shakes his thoughts quickly; he doesn’t need his past weighing down his present or future. Seokjin skims through the next scene, he’s already read over it more than once, but just to be careful after all he doesn’t need any more of Yoongi’s remarks about his mistakes. Although to be fair he just started so he’s going to use that excuse to his advantage. It’s a simple scene, it displays the two agents going through the normal school process, fitting on uniforms, and of course student tours. Nothing out of the ordinary and soon he hears Namjoon’s voice, cuing the start of the new scene.

The lights dimmed down onto the set and Seokjin breathes out, he doesn’t like school at all. He really doesn’t, but for the sake of his acting to actually look realistic he’ll bury those memories behind him. First Changsun, his character is wearing plain casual wear, while Seungchul is wearing a light sweater, with some dark navy slacks. The clap board resounds as the scene begins shooting, there’s a girl (no doubt, one of the staff recruited to be an extra role for now) in front of them as they walked through the corridors of the abandoned school they’re using for the drama. Yoongi hasn’t talked to him yet before the scene, you would think that being co-actors would require more communication, but they actually work with each other pretty well, like perfectly fitted cogs in a wheel, but that’s not important right now. They finish the scene pretty quickly, without any mistakes. Seungchul and Changsun were guided around the female student, and after they got the general gist of the school, they were dragged to the fitting rooms, where they had pretty normal conversation, if you consider the fact that the two spies were conversing and scoping out all the possible candidates that fit the description of opponent spies looking to take them out.

Seokjin also took fact, that Yoongi indeed was pretty fit for his usual stance, although he looked tiny, he took care of his body healthily and managed to make him proportional(He could probably beat Seokjin in any fitness contest between the two), while Seokjin on the other hand had really broad shoulders, and a slim waist. He was also very pale, contrast to Seokjin’s more tanned skin. He tried to ignore the burning on his ears, he wasn’t really used to changing in front of cameras, even if he was only changing into a different top, although Yoongi seemed to be used to it, or he’s just a exhibitionist.

Once, they’re done with the scene Namjoon gives them a dimpled smile, as if in satisfaction with their good work. Yoongi heads off somewhere into his dark corner, his safe place as it seemed. Even though they weren’t done with the amount of scenes left, he was already drained, it wasn’t exactly the acting that drained him, and it was more the interacting with people, each week he needs a day to recharge in a way, to get his bearing back, to avoid breaking down. Unfortunately he hasn’t been able to relax at all this entire past week due to everything that went down.

He sees Jungkook send him an ecstatic wave and he smiles and waves back, it must be exciting to act for the first time in ever, besides the skits the youngest did on the many variety shows he’s been on. He can relate on the acting for the first time part, just not the whole idol part. If he thinks about it he could’ve, maybe just became an idol if he wanted to. That’s what his teachers wanted for him instead of pursuing the career of acting, but he persisted in his dreams, and its funny how that ended up for him. He even swore that he wouldn’t get into that certain world of entertainment, and rather theatre and look at where he’s at now. The exact environment, a part of him wants to quit, wants to just say sorry to Namjoon and say how he can’t do it, not because he’s scared and nervous, but instead how he’s just not ready to embrace the celebrity life.

Constant followings and insistent dispatches, almost like vultures prying the insides from their prey, but in his case, it’s him. There’s also going to be the weary feeling of dread of getting his past plus secrets let out for the public to see, to put it simple; paranoia and no privacy. He’s just not ready to have his blanket of security pulled and yanked away from him abruptly. He’s never dealt well with changes and surprises, although life was like that, giving and taking away just as easy. Seokjin has always been on guard since the passing of his grandma, it was tough but he was old enough to know that people come and go.

Looking back at her words, about her cold hands, he wished he could’ve held on just a bit longer, share some of his warmth like she had done for him. He regrets not calling her back on free nights, and of course, not visiting her for Chuseok, and instead going to late night parties with his ex-friends. Even on her deathbed, surrounded by the dreary, sickening white walls, he couldn’t let out a single word, afraid that he would break down and that’s the least he wanted to do. Although his grandma seemed to know, she nodded to him before saying her final farewells, surrounded by her loved ones, and the infamous sound of a flat line came on.

God, he missed her.

If only there was one more day.

Seokjin shakes his head and wills the tears threatening to slip through his eyelids to get back in there. He didn’t have a scene where he needed to cry, so he might as well save the number of gathered sorrow. Before he realizes, Jungkook and Jimin had finished their scene and was practically jumping with joy towards him. He eases a bright smile onto his face, after all actors are capable of feigning such an emotion; he got through tough interrogations by his worried parents this way.

He gives them both a pat on the back, oblivious to Jungkook’s blush at his praises. He feels bad that he isn’t really giving his full heart in praising their good work, but he’s much too distracted right now. He needs a breather, the set is becoming suffocating slowly but his scene is coming up soon.

Jimin nudges him in the shoulder and snaps him out of his thoughts, “Hey are you okay? You seemed to be in a daze.”

Seokjin shook his head, “I think I’m just a bit tired—it’s the aftereffects of dealing with Hoseok and Taehyung probably.” His smile widens a bit at the faint sound of an offended ‘hey!’

His answer seems to satisfy the orange haired male, “Alright, but if you need a shoulder to lean on, it might not be as broad, but it’s still here!”

Jungkook protests immediately, stating how his shoulder is just as available, and broader, causing them to bicker over it. It’s really endearing but he needs space, or just a window. Jungkook seems to notice his change in mood and shoos a still protesting Jimin off, who seems to go skipping to Namjoon.

“Hey.”

“Hey yourself,” Seokjin muses back.

“The drink truck out front, do you want to go for a walk?”

Seokjin’s eyes softened in relief, “Oh god, you have no idea how badly I need this.”

Jungkook smiled, “Oh yeah? Why don’t you tell me about it after we get our drinks?”

“Yeah, okay.” The older smiles and ruffles Jungkook’s hair softly, earning a whine about how the stylist is going to kill him.

___

Once Namjoon gives them the okay to venture to the drinks, it becomes easier for Seokjin to breathe, it also helps that Jungkook is present with him, calming him. As if he was a dependable, strong anchor he could hold on to, and never have to worry about slipping into the raging seas, with the rough and cruel currents.

“You’re thinking too much again!”

Seokjin scoffs, “Technically, we always think.”

The younger gives him a cheeky smile, “Technically, you’re supposed to be relaxed now hurry up and order your coffee or water.”

Seokjin’s nose scrunch up in distaste, “Actually recently I’ve switched over to tea, it pumps me up with just the right amount of coffee while relaxing my brain.”

“Energy and relaxing aren’t exactly the two words that go together, but I’ll take your word for it.”

Once they order a medium sized cup of their drinks, one rose milk tea and the other chamomile, they walk around the building. Seokjin smiles at Jungkook’s choice of milk tea, it isn’t exactly his, well cup of tea but it was nice seeing him willing to give the drink a try, especially since he overheard Jungkook talking to Namjoon about how he’ll never drink tea, and now here he was, going on a rave about how good tea actually was.

“If you think that’s good, you should come over sometime; I’ll make you good tea”

The younger’s eyes widened even more than usual, if that was even possible.

“Really?! That’d be great.”

Seokjin hummed before quipping, “I still can’t believe you chose milk tea instead of regular, I thought you said you were willing to give it a try.”

“Technically, I said I would drink tea, I never specified.”

“Oh don’t you pull that technically stuff on me, I know how that works.”

“You sound old.”

“I just sound smart.”

“Nope, more like old.”

“Come here you whippersnapper, wait till grandpa catches you.”

Seokjin chases Jungkook around the set, both of their laughs resounding across the walls, and they were having tons of fun until Jungkook looked back and stuck out his tongue in a childish way, only to have bumped into a now scowling Yoongi.

“Seriously? You guys have got to be the most childish ‘adults’ I’ve ever seen.”

Jungkook smirked, “If you never have fun, you’ll die early!”

Seokjin quickly added in, “I can see your grave stone already.”

The shortest shook his head disapprovingly before playing along, much to the others surprise, “Oh yeah? What does it say?”

Seokjin frowned, deep in thoughts before brightening back up and replying, “Well, you see sir, it says you died as a genius—“

“Well, that’s because I am.”

“Let me finish—“

“Fine.”

“Okay, so you died as a genius, but you became super ugly and old, and might I add wrinkly due to the pent up stress of being smart and uptight!”

Jungkook frowned, “That can’t be true Seokjin, and you got something wrong.”

“I did?”

“All those things you described, he’s already like that now.”

They all stood in silence, before Seokjin and Jungkook started bursting out in laughter, while an angry Yoongi was left.

“You better hope both of your grave stones don’t say you were murdered by an angry, ugly and wrinkly old man.”

Jungkook wiped his invisible tears, “Can you even catch us?”

The oldest began cooing, “Don’t break or harm your back trying to walk, we youngsters are much, much faster and agile.”

Yoongi frowned, “I can’t be the oldest, how old are you?!”

“I’m four years old.”

“I’m a fetus still.” Jungkook adds into Seokjin’s statement.

The light haired male looked at them as if they grew two heads, “You guys are seriously silly. Anyways, I’m going to go get a drink. Any recommendations?”

Jungkook immediately perked up, “Get the rose milk tea, it’s seriously good!”

“Didn’t you say you hated tea?”

“Well— turns out you just need the push to try something new!”

Seokjin smiled at Jungkook’s remark, it feels nice to have introduced something he loved as well to someone, dare he says, close to? Okay, yeah he wasn’t close to Jungkook, but maybe the male was his many blankets of security, just being around him makes him calm in a way, maybe it was because of all those times he’s calmed down Seokjin and encouraged him. He also won’t forget how their hands fit together, somewhat perfectly, then again he didn’t really dwell on it much with the increasing mob chasing after them.

Yoongi walked away and gave them a lazy wave, as they continued to walk, there was a comfortable silence between the two like always and Seokjin wouldn’t change it for the world.

 

____

The next scene was the first scene that involved all four of them, in the script it’s the first official meeting of the two opposing sides, although oblivious to each other’s identity. It’ll be exciting to see how each of them act with each other. Jungkook even said earlier how he was completely nervous and messed up a bit, but his scene turned out great anyways. Soonhyun, Jungkook’s character is narcissistic and confident, due to being able to complete anything at a young age, in a way he was similar to Jungkook. Minsung, on the other hand is more energetic and has this innocent aura that lowers people’s guards, and Namjoon did a good job of choosing the right person for the role, after all Jimin was an angel.

The scene starts with Minsung interacting with Changsun, the first meeting.  The former is placed in the same class as Changsun, and as he says later on in an overly chirpy voice, new students should stick together. It’s not hard to tell that Minsung suspects Changsun; the fellow transfer is probably associated with the opposite force, sadly the latter is more naïve. They finish up the first scenes with a few mistakes of suddenly bursts of laughter which receives a good hearted sigh from Namjoon, who pretends to be annoyed but there’s the faint smile.

Yoongi gives Jimin a smile and a high five on improving since his last film and Seokjin immediately scoffs, if it was a solo shot of Seokjin messing up he would’ve made fun of his amateur acting. His scoff didn’t go unnoticed by Yoongi and he received a warning glare from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter