Chapter 10

You found a way

Kris’ Pov

                my face hurts like hell. I was awakened by a sharp pain coming from my eye. I see that it has gotten worse; it’s a lot more swollen that it was yesterday and a series of flashback came. That Luhan, how dare he touch and take advantage on Nana. I couldn’t imagine how traumatize it was for her. It was my entire fault; how could I lose her that night? We were together side by side and after a second, she vanished. I was deadly worried for her, hell I was going nuts looking for her only to find out Luhan was trying to her. Luhan’s hands were all over her body as he hungrily kissed her neck. And that’s where my sight went black; anger built up on me in an instant and the next thing was, I was punching him to no end. I didn’t care how hurt and bloody he was. I was too angry at him for hurting Nana. I was busy killing him when she tried to stop me but I ended up disregarding her instead. She called me out again and caught my attention. She was hardly breathing and crying; signs of panic attack. I was too fazed when I found out she was more than hurt than I expected. Nana’s head was bleeding and she’s losing a lot of blood. And I didn’t know what to do. I was so afraid of losing her like I lost Max. It’s a good thing Chanyeol came to the rescue, yeah just that time. He was the one to bring her to the hospital. I went back to fighting with Luhan but the bouncers came and interfered. He was gravely bruised but I didn’t care. He hurt her, he deserved that.

                I had no news about Nana the day after that. I figured she’s recuperating. I wanted to visit her but I was too ashamed to show up in front of Nana and her mom. Besides, I have my own bruises and cuts to tend first, however; I couldn’t shake it out of my mind that it was my fault she’s laying there in the hospital. I wouldn’t forgive myself if something worse happened to her. I just made Chanyeol the hero of the story.

                I was surprised to see Krysal right now. She found out what happened and just like the good friend that she is, she cooked for me and tended my wounds. Out of all my friends, Krystal is the only one who genuinely cares for me. After Max died, she helped me moved on, but I just couldn’t let Max out of system.

                “Oppa, see what happened to you. That girl, she brings no good to you. You’re only getting yourself into trouble” she sternly said. I hate how everyone thinks that Nana is not good for me.

                ”She’s not Max, you know” It’s true. Everyone finds her similar with max; the face and height but they’re different. There’s something about Nana that makes her a lot worthy of my attention. She’s broken and hurt and sensitive, she doesn’t like attention or fame. Besides the resemblance with Max, she’s a lot better than her.

                ”She needs me, krystal” I honestly replied. After finding out everything she’s been through and that his father is still after them, she definitely needs me. She needs my protection and connection. I will do everything to protect her from all the scumbags that try to hurt her.

 I was taken aback when Krystal lightly pressed her lips against mine. I didn’t have the strength to fight back, thus I allowed her. It didn’t feel right, though.

                ”I need you too. You need to go back to the old Kris. We were happy before”  Krystal half-heartedly smiled, satisfied with what she did. I didn’t know I have this effect on her. We have been good friends until now. How will I deal with her after this? Is she expecting me to like her in return? Moreover date her? I have only looked at her as my little sister. She very well knows that.

                I cleared my throat to ease the awkwardness between us and she got my message. She gently got up from my bed and fixed her things.

                “Oppa, eat the soup I made and drink your meds after. I need to go” I felt bad for Krystal because I couldn’t treat her right. I want us to stick us friends but the kiss broke that. Of all the girls I have kissed, there’s no one that I felt sparks with.

                “Sure”

                Right after our little intimacy, Krystal left. I heaved a sigh as I process everything that has happened so far. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful for her presence and care but it’s just like that. I will never care for her like I did for Max.

                I made my way downstairs to check out for Mom. No doubt, she will scold me endlessly until her voice runs out. She would tell me how irresponsible I was to get into petty fight because of some girl, how destructive I am to the company she will hand in me in the future, how shameful am I to be her son. Mom is nicer than most people but she could be the most terrible person if she wanted to.

                ”Where’s mom” I approached our butler in the living room.

                ”She has a meeting to attend, but she said she’s speak with you later when she gets home” he smugly replied. He was the one who helped me out the other night. I’m sure how badly he wanted to teach me a lesson, but knowing that he’s only a butler, he needs to resist the urge to scold me

                “Oh sir, a girl came earlier” he added

                “ Yeah Krystal. She already left a while ago”  

                ”No sir, I know krystal. The one who came earlier was a brunette and she’s undeniably tall”  . Was that possibly Nana? No, that’s definitely her. She came to visit me, but how come didn’t I see her?

                “Where did she go?”

                “Oh she left in a hurry. It hasn’t been five minutes when she came. “ Oh no. did she perhaps see Krystal and me talking? Worse, kissing?  Anxiety is growing on me. Great, now the girl I like thought I like somebody else. How worse can my life get? I ran my hands in my hair in frustration.

                School today is exhausting. First, I haven’t seen Nana yet and I’m not sure if I really wanted to see her; Second, Tao is a complete jerk. He was pissed at me for being a ruckus at his party. Who wouldn’t cause a commotion when a girl was being assaulted? All he cares about is himself.  In about an hour, Tao and I made up. We’re the only ones who got each other’s backs. And we’re adults already to have petty arguments for God’s sake.

                “So are you coming?” Tao suddenly asked

                “To where?”  I was curious to where we’re going.

                “Oh we will be having a camping at Moro Rock, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park on Wednesday next week.  It’s going to be three days, man. Remember our last camp in Yellow stone? That was sick! ”  He excitedly exclaimed. Ever since we were young, Tao and I have been trekking the mountains and terrains around the US. It’s our brotherhood tradition that we camp every year. I guess we don’t have to plan anything this year.

                “I hope my bruises heal that time” I was conscious of how I look right now. Everyone was staring at me, not because I have handsome face to display, but because of a beaten up face for the first time. I haven’t had serious injury before; a few cuts usually but today is an exception.

                “You’re such a baby. Grow up ”  He teased. If I weren’t all bruised up, Tao will be dead right now.

                “How’s Nana, have you seen her?” I changed the subject

                “Yeah, saw her yesterday. She has a bandage on her head. Still pretty hot, though” I glared at Tao for making such comment. Yeah, she’s hot but when someone else says it, it annoys me.

                “Yah, chill. I’m not your enemy here. Chanyeol, on the other hand is already making moves on her. He was with her all day. “ I was only absent for a day and Chanyeol has already replaced me? His presence is not even comparable to the secrets Nana and I have made. Our conversations, sneaky encounters and little intimacy are hard to match up with. I believe Nana and I have made a little understanding.

                After my second class, I went to the cafeteria and that’s where I saw her. Her head still has a bandage and I could tell she lost weight. It worries me how in a short amount of time, a lot of changes have happened to her. What more when she was abused by her father before? She might have been stick thin and a lot more injured back then.  I wish we could have met sooner so I got to be with her instead of Max. I will definitely choose her over Max. She was eating her food alone, that’s my cue. I hurriedly walked towards her and covered her eyes.

                “Yah, Chanyeol very funny. Can’t you see I’m eating” She said sarcastically.  I wasn’t pleased to what I heard. How often did he and Nana hang out when I was gone? He only accompanied her to the hospital right? Ofcourse, he didn’t leave her side til she woke up. It turned out that Nana considered Chanyeol as her hero.  Great, Now I’m out of the picture again. I removed my hands on her eyes in frustration and sat across her.

                “Kris. You’re here. Are you okay? ” well, at least she’s still concerned with me, however; I noticed she’s being distant with me again.

                “Yeah. How about you? I’m sorry for what happened the other night. I wasn’t thinking” It’s best to clear up the situation. I was really sorry for what happened to her. I and my decisions aren’t always cooperative with each other.

                “It’s nothing. It’s a good thing Chanyeol was there to help. I owe him” I balled my fist under the table. You owe him? What about me? I saved your life from Luhan! Chanyeol only brought you the hospital and stayed with you.

                “But I owe you a lot more. You saved my life out there. I’m sorry for what happened to you because of me” She looked down and played the food with her fork. She felt remorseful for me. How can I tell her that it’s not her fault that she’s gorgeous? It’s the guy’s raging hormones to be blamed. It’s a surprise that I have resisted myself to kiss her lips all this time. I tried to reach her hand but she instantly pulled back. I looked at her but then again, she was avoiding me. Oh God, is it because of yesterday? Did she see me and Krysal kissed?

                “I heard you went to my house yesterday” Nana glanced back at me. There were no emotions or whatsoever in her eyes. Her actions usually speak louder than her words, but now there’s nothing. I couldn’t read her all over again.

                “Yeah, but I haven’t even reached your doorstep when mom called me so I went home right away”  she explained. What a relief.

                “Krystal visited me too yesterday” Why did I even let that slip out of my mouth? That was supposed to be a secret, babo.

                “Oh she did? Well it’s good somebody took care of you”  she just smiled. Why is she being so aloof with me? Did I do something wrong? Nana immediately finished her food and stood up from her seat.

                “Wait, are you coming to the trip?” Hell if she’s coming, I wouldn’t mind my swollen face.

                “No” she coldly replied. I bit my lip because I had no other excuses to talk with her. With that, she turned her back at me and walked away without even saying good bye. She’s back to her old habits again.

                Right after school, I immediately drove my way home. I had no other reasons to stay. Nana was nowhere to be found and Tao was in detention. Nana is totally driving me nuts; my thoughts are only filled with her. She worries and makes me furious at the same time. I love how vulnerable she gets one moment, and feisty the next. Nana’s past made her strong like that, I couldn’t blame her. To have an abusive father, she didn’t have a choice but to be tough. She made herself as hard as rock on the outside.

                I kept thinking if I would be joining the trip next week. Nana won’t come so I have no reason to come.  I will only end up being Tao’s company. He’s a great company, but he can be totally useless. I remember he made me do everything when we camped; setting up the tent, creating bonfire and even cooking sausages. He was just there sitting prettily playing his PSP.

                To lighten my mood, I took a quick shower and got myself ready to bed. I have no energy to study for my chemistry test tomorrow. When did I have energy to study anyways? Nana’s absence worsened my dislike for studying tonight. Just as I was about to close my eyes, I heard a knock on my door. Ha, she wouldn’t just let me fail on my chemistry again. I was too happy to know that she hasn’t forgotten her duties as a tutor. When I opened my door, I was surprised to see Lizzy standing in front of me.

                “Lizzy? What are you doing here?” I asked in such curiosity

                “Nana asked me a favour to tutor you in chemistry”  she shyly responded. I can’t believe I’m hearing this right now. How dare she pass her duties to her friend? Anger started to build up inside me.

                “ Where is she anyway?”

                “ She said Chanyeol and her have an appointment somewhere tonight” . Are they going on a date? She’s bailing on her study sessions with me just she could date someone?       How annoying. I shut my eyes in anger.

                “Appointment my face. Wait a second”  I closed the door for a minute and quickly changed clothes. I put my wallet and phone on the inside pockets of my coat and made my way out.

                “Come on, you’re coming with me”  Lizzy, without complaints, followed me. Unlike Nana, who fights with me first until she follows.

                “Text her, ask her where she is. But don’t bring me up. Ask it subtly as if you’re just curious”  I instructed her. I like how I have control over everyone except Nana. Aish that girl, constantly getting on my nerves.

                “She’s at the movie house right now”  movie house huh? Is that an appointment? How dare she lie on my face?  We drove to the movie house right away. I could tell Lizzy is uneasy with everything that’s going on. I shouldn’t drag her into this. When we reached at Berkely’s, Lizzy bid her goodbye. She’s a smart girl for leaving. Without further ado, I made my way to the ticket booth

                “Uh excuse me. Have you seen two tall persons? A boy and a girl?”

                “A tall beautiful brown haired girl? “  The saleslady questioned

                “Yes. They’re watching Twilight right now” I scoffed. Is this Chanyeol’s idea of date? Watching some ty vampire chick flick to what? So he could wrap his arm on her shoulder and hold her hand?

                “Give me a ticket” the saleslady processed my request. She handed me the ticket afterwards.

                I entered the theatre and looked for two heads sitting together. With the dark and groups of people, I had a hard time searching for them. I spotted Chanyeol and Nana beside him on the left side of the room. They were too comfortable with each other, too close. I sat five seats behind them and just watched them. I shouldn’t have bought a ticket if I would just be watching them. It irked me how Nana looks so happy beside him. Hiding her face on her palms from time to time as Chanyeol ran his hand on her head. She seems to enjoy his company more than mine. Instead of torturing myself, I focused on the ty movie instead. It’s the scene where the sparkly Edward entered Bella’s room with stupid Bella only on her undies. Who wouldn’t be aroused to that? Even Edward has a throbbing . I shifted my gaze to chanyeol when he scooted a little closer to Nana. He stared at her for a minute and she noticed it. Nana also looked at him and Chanyeol moved his face closer to hers as if going to kiss her. I quickly got up from my seat waiting to pounce at Chanyeol. He won’t get the chance to kiss her.

                Before I even got to their seats, Nana moved her face and looked away. Good job, my Nana. He, other hand, looked embarrassed on his failed attempt to kiss her. I couldn’t help but inwardly smile; I still have the chance on her. I walked back to my seat and sat back comfortably, still with a smug smile plastered on my face. Chanyeol and Nana were distant after that, awkwardly watching the ty movie. When the movie is finished, the lights flickered. I instantly covered my face with my cap and looked down, nervous that they’ll blow up my undercover. They passed by me without getting suspicious with my presence. Soon, I followed them out.

                I maintained my fifty meters distance away from them so I could tail them from afar. People were looking at me weirdly, but I just shrugged. I couldn’t believe myself either for getting this far. Following Nana on her first date was a move. If she found out, she would curse me to death.

               I quietly followed them out but I stumbled upon the steel trashcan making it fall and causing a commotion. Nana and Chanyeol noticed my presence. Great, my cover was blown. I nervously pick the can up and brushed my coat. What else to do. Oh God.

                “Kris? What are you doing here?” Nana stood in front of me.

                “Uhh”  was all  I can say. , I’m doomed

               “I thought you’re with Lizzy right now? Wait. Are you following me?”  She shook her head in disbelief and annoyance.

               “What? No. That’s absurd”  I lied.

                “Seriously?” Chanyeol butted in.

               “What? Can’t a guy like me watch a chick flick vampire movie? Which is stupid by the way.” Who will believe you, Kris? Nana sneered and strutted away and Chanyeol followed. . I’m sure she has killed me a thousand ways in her right now. 

 

Hi guys sorry to update this late. hope you find te sneaky kris adorable. Help me out guys!