Jimin

Almost Human

Up until then, Jimin hadn't managed to have more than 15 or 20 minutes being fully in control and conscious of everything. Plus, usually during those times he'd end up talking to Yoongi or Jungkook or someone, feeling altogether overwhelmed.

So finally stepping outside in the mid morning sun, feeling the soft autumn breeze on his face and bare arms, felt like the greatest experience ever.

Even just touching all the things around him felt like heaven, even the rose bush spikes he pricked himself on.

He lifted up a spider by it's web string and watched it dangle precariously before climbing with precision up to his hand where he dropped it with a small yelp.

He cooed at a small neighbourhood cat that had been eyeing him from across the road, it's head and ears as it rubbed it's furry body across his legs.

He hadn't stopped smiling, and hearing the cat's soft purrs at it melted into his touch only made him grin wider.

He had promised Yoongi that he wouldn't go further than the front garden, so he stepped back inside.

He could hear the whirr of the washing machine, and the distant sound of some rock song coming from probably Jungkook's room. He could here the shuffling of feet in the kitchen, a clatter and then a hushed curse in Namjoon's voice.

He stepped into the living room, where Yoongi sat tapping his foot to a beat playing in his headphones. He glanced up as Jimin walked in, smiling and about to take his headphones off but Jimin shook his head and placed a finger over his lips.

Yoongi gave him a confused expression, which Jimin simple smiled back at before he moved around the room.

A small digital clock stood crocked on the mantel, it's ticking the loudest thing in the room (besides Yoongi's breath from behind him).

Two photos were either side of the clock, one of a young Jungkook and the other of a even younger Yoongi.

Jimin giggled slightly at The photos, glancing round at a bemused Yoongi.

'Cute' He pointed at the photo of Yoongi, his gummy smile even mpre prominent with his baby teeth, before turning his attention back to the mantel.

The only other thing on it was a small carved wooden horse. He gingerly picked it up, running his fingers along the crudely chiseled head of the horse.

'That's Jungkook's dad's...' Yoongi said from behind him, where he was now standing. 'He... He died before Jungkook was even born'

'He... Wasn't your dad?' Jimin asked with a frown.

'No... Me and Jungkook technically aren't related in anyway you know' Yoongi said with a laugh. 'My mum just sorta adopted him after his dad died, and his mum went... Well anyway even though he's not blood related I still see him as my brother and that's all that matters right?'

Jimin nodded before placing the horse back on the mantel.

He made his way slowly through the house; sweeping his hand across shelves, work tops, books and anything he can.

The kitchen, where Namjoon was currently sweeping up the remains of a cup, was somewhere Jimin was very familiar with. But it was only then that he could appreciate the awfulness of the bright orange and yellow tiled walls and badly painted wooden cabinets.

He the tap and let the cold water run onto his fingers. He lifted his hand up and shivered as a few cold droplets ran down his arm.

Namjoon was watching his curiously from the floor, dustpan and brush in hand.

'I think Jungkook really liked that mug' Jimin smiled, nodding his head to the shards.

'Please don't tell him I broke it... I'll buy him another one soon...' Namjoon pleaded.

Jimin bowed sarcastically, before sending him a wink and leaving.

He slid his hands up the banister as he went up, the unpainted wood feeling rough against his fingers.

He entered the bathroom, where tje window was wide open and letting in a strong gust of chilly air. He quickly shut the sounds of the wind out and stood face to facd with himself.

The full length mirror had been hung up high enough to accommodate both Yoongi and Jungkook's heights. Jimin raked his eyes over himself before twiddling a piece of hair in his fingers and letting it fall back onto his forehead.

He twisted his face into all sorts of expressions, laughing to himself when he would make a silly face.

He ran his fingers over his arms, neck and face, closing his eyes and smiling.

Although he had no pulse or breath, he felt so alive in that moment that he didn't care.

'Oops sorry' Jungkook's voice and footsteps disrupted him, forcing him to open his eyes.

He lowered his hands and looked at Jungkook, who was carrying his phone with a pair of earplugs attached in his hand.

'Sorry I was just about to um use the toilet...'

Jimin's eyes widened in understanding.

'Oh um sorry go ahead...' He leaves the bathroom as Jungkook gave him a sheepish look before shutting the door.

He decided not to go into Yoongi or Jungkook's rooms without their permission, so instead entered the spare room on the floor where Yoongi kept his mothers piano.

Jimin had never heard it being played since Yoongi was usually busy with something else (usually Synth related things recently). He ran his hands along the keys.

He remembered that they had been covered in a layer of dust before he had dusted them on his first day.

He pressed his finger down on one of the notes, enjoying the resonating sound it made around the room. He turned away from the piano, a silent hope in his heart he would one day hear it be played.

He explored more of the room, looking at more pictures of younger versions of Jungkook and Yoongi, feeling a slight sadness that he had never and never will be any different from what he was at that moment.

When he returned downstairs the the living room, Yoongi had returned to the sofa and Namjoon sat beside him as they both listened to music on Yoongi's laptop. Their comfortable silence was only broken by one of them making a comment about the song or artist.

Jimin smiled to himself, happy and content to be a apart of these people's lives.


a/n-

Probs my fav chapter to write so far tbh

I also call this 'the calm before the storm' but aint sayin more cos spoilers