Betrayal

Almost Human

Several weeks pass.

Yoongi and Jungkook made sure Jimin was 100% comfortable and happy (even if that meant Jungkook making extra pasta for someone who didn't need to eat).

Jimin would constantly badger Yoongi to play the piano (which he refused, claiming he was 'rusty') as well as rereading all of the few books he and Jungkook owned.

The flat wasn't nearly as tidy as it was before Jimin became conscious (it seemed that conscious Jimin wasn't as adamant on cleaning as non-conscious Jimin) but Yoongi had never felt more at home.

He was unsure if it was just the constant presence of another person, the fact Namjoon came to visit a lot more often or because they were eating a lot better since Jimin was a brilliant cook. He also wasn't sure if it was just because Jimin was Jimin, which automatically made everything happier and brighter. Yoongi didn't question it.

It was a lazy Sunday afternoon, Namjoon had visited earlier and they had watched a few films (they had been cautious to let Jimin watch a sad film, but after he had bawled his eyes out at Inside Out they were sure it would be ok to crack out the real tear jerkers without a risk of his rusting up his eyes or something).

Jimin was curled up on the sofa next to Yoongi, rereading Alice in Wonderland for about the 500th time, when the doorbell rang.

Yoongi walked up to the door only to be over taken by Jungkook.

'It's probably my package!' He exclaimed excitedly.

Yoongi hummed, turning to go. As if in slow motion, he turned towards the door the same time Jungkook opened it.

'There's no post on...' He started, trailing off as he looked at the two burly men either side of a scrawny looking woman standing at his doorstep. The second thing he noticed was the Synth Company logo on the mens uniforms. He gulped.

'Hello, Mr Min Yoongi is it?' The woman asked Jungkook, a smile etched onto her face not unlike a Synths (yet somehow less warm).

Jungkook shook his head, closing the door a smidgen.

'Is he in? We just want to talk to him about his Synth.' The woman continued in the same overly sweet tone.

'No um he's not in we don't have a Synth good day' Jungkook hurriedly tried to push the door shut only to have it be stopped by one of the men.

The women tutted.

'It's no good lying, we know you are harbouring an illegal malfunctioning Synth here and we just want to return it to our factory'

'I- I have no idea what you're talking about I really insist you leav-'

'Now now, Jungkook, we simple want to take it back to examine it! It contains a very interesting set of coding we're desperate to get our hands on. And we promise to bring it back just as we've finished with it'

Jungkook shook his head, his grip on the door tightening.

'I said' He began through gritted teeth. 'I have no idea what you're talking about and I want you to leave'

He felt the man's weight on the door leave and took his chance to quickly close it.

Turning the key in the lock and bolting it he ran frantically to Yoongi.

They exchanged a look before running to grab a few bags to fill with supplies.

Jimin sat up straight, his eyes wide.

'What's going on who's banging at the door?'

'We've got to leave, Jimin, now!' Yoongi grabbed his hand and stuffed his charger into his backpack. 'I've got a few of our portable chargers but I think your battery will last for a bit... Until we get to Namjoon's that is'

'What if it was Namjoon that told them no hear me out' Jungkook saw Yoongi open his mouth in protest and cut him off. 'They knew my name, Hyung... They knew about the code and all of it...'

Yoongi shook his head furiously.

'Namjoon would never betray us like that I'm sure of it'

The banging on the door got louder, and Yoongi began to worry they'd run out of time to escape.

'Come on, let's go through the back.'

The three crept through their own back garden in fear that the company might have them surrounded. Luckily, the coast was clear and they managed to make it to the very end of their street.

'They're still at the front door' Jungkook said, as they stood at the corner watching the two men beat their door down. Their neighbours stood curiously in their doorways or looking out of windows at the commotion.

'Come on, we need to go' Yoongi pulled the others in the opposite direction, heading towards Namjoon's house.

'Hyung wait!' Jungkook yelled. 'What if I'm right and Namjoon did betray us? Or what if there are already people at his place waiting for us?'

'Where do you expect us to go then, Jungkook?' Yoongi replied breathlessly.

'I have a friend, sort of friend, who lives in that area that we could go to and also check it's safe to go to Namjoon's'

Yoongi slowed down slightly at this.

'Who is this 'friend'?'

'A girl I went out with last year... We were friends for a while before then and still now although it's a little bit awkward between u-'

'Let's go there then' Jimin piped up determinedly. 'Jungkook's right, if Namjoon's isn't safe this is the best way to find out.'

Yoongi nodded slowly and they began to follow Jungkook.

'I'm sure Namjoon didn't betray us... And if he did, I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation' Jimin told Yoongi soothingly as they jogged behind Jungkook.

Yoongi nodded, feeling a sickening feeling creeping in his stomach which he was sure wasn't just from the running or fear.

They found themselves a street just opposite Namjoon's place, where Jungkook knocked twice on a bright blue door.

A pretty woman opened the door, looking first at Yoongi and Jimin in bemusement and then at Jungkook.

'Jungkook? What are y-'

'Let us in, please Noona, we'll explain everything!'

She hesitated before stepping aside allowing the 3 to hurry inside.

She shut the door behind them, turning to see 3 wide eyes looking at her.

'Did you want me to get Yerim or?' She hesitantly asked.

'No I mean yes I mean... It doesn't matter right now we just needed some place to hide' Jungkook stuttered.

'Hide? Hide from who?' The woman exclaimed.

'Doesn't matter... Can we use your phone?' Yoongi asked suddenly. 'They might be tracking our phones so it's better to be safe'

'Tracking..? Who? Who's the-'

'Phone, Seulgi, please!'

The woman nodded before pulling out her phone and handing it to Yoongi.

'Did you do something bad, Jungkook?' She asked tentatively.

'No! Of course I didn't we're just...' He trailed off.

'We're running away because they're trying to protect me from the Synth company because I have a piece of code in me that has made me conscious and the company wants to take me back to their factory probably to destroy all evidence of me and we're here because we're afraid our friend told them about me so his place would be unsafe at the present time' Jimin looked directly at Seulgi as he said this, confidence in his tone. 'Got it?'

She nodded slowly, trying to process everything as Yoongi finally managed to dial Namjoon's number.

'Hello? Who is thi-'

'Namjoon! We need to know if-'

'Yoongi?'

'Yes yes it's me but we need to know-'

'Why are you calling on another person's phone are you in trouble? Oh my god is it Jimin what's-'

'NAMJOON!' Yoongi yelled into the phone, not caring if he may have just deafened his friend. 'We need to know if you- you told the company about Jimin.'

'What?! Of course I didn't why would you even think that Yoongs?'

'Because... They found out about him. They came to the house and we- we ran and we were worried they might suspect we'd go straight to your place... So we're at one of Jungkook's friends' They knew Jungkook's name for god sake Namjoon-'

'Ok ok' Namjoon paused. 'It wasn't me Yoongi I promise you that I would never ever do anything that might endanger you or Jungkook or even Jimin even if it would mean risking my own safety I promise you that'

'Ok... I believe you. I think oh god I don't know anymore' Yoongi pulled the phone away from his ear and shoved it into Jungkook's hands.

'Namjoon, it's Jungkook. Should we- we go over to yours?'

There was a sound of movement on the other end.

'Oh sorry I just shook my head, but no. You're right, if they knew your name they'll know I would be the first place you would go... You need to stay where you are for now before going to Taehyungs'

'Taehyung? As in Kim Taehyung?' Jungkook frowned.

'Yes, he's one of the only other people to know about Jimin.'

'Really? Why am I only hearing about this now?'

'We didn't think it was important what's wrong, Jungkook?'

'What's wrong is that if Namjoon didn't tell the company about Jimin and us, and there's only a select amount of people who could've done it.' Jungkook gave Yoongi a worried look before continuing. 'And they would have to know enough about us to know my name'

'Yes we know what's your poin-'

'Taehyung? Kim Taehyung? The same Taehyung I went to school with? The Taehyung I was best friends with for 5 years of my life? The Taehyung who works at the company like Namjoon and the Taehyung who knows all about Jimin...'

A stunned silence fell across them as the realisation set in.


a/n- 

Introduced some females here, probs wont b major characters but its still good to have women right

Spoilers:::

Alternative title: betaeyal

Drama has been added i hope u enjoyed it~~