New Emotions

Almost Human

Namjoon's visit had left Yoongi and Jungkook shook.

Jimin hadn't had any more 'moments' for the whole evening, much to Yoongi's relief (and disappointment).

But as morning dawned Yoongi woke to Jimin standing in his room staring out his window.

Jimin had assured them that he would only enter their rooms with their permission, and definitely wouldn't wonder around the house until one of them had awoken.

Yoongi jolted upright, suddenly fearing that perhaps Jimin was one of those killer robots they talk about in films. This thought lingered in the back of his head, but there was something in Jimin's body language that made Yoongi doubt it.

Usually stood stiffly upright, Jimin's body was now almost hunched slightly. Yoongi noticed that he had his hand stretched out and pressed against the glass of the window.

Yoongi couldn't see his face, so he tried to quietly wriggle out of bed to inspect him.

Jimin twisted around in a hurry, looking like a wild animal about to bolt.

Worried he might run away or (even worse) return to the automated Jimin, Yoongi held up his hands in an act of peace making or surrender.

'Hey hey it's- it's ok Jimin... I wont hurt you..'

He took a step closer to Jimin, who's hand was still held up as it had been against the window.

Jimin opened his mouth to say something, only to close it again. His eyes were still full of fear, darting from Yoongi's face to his raised hands to the door of the bedroom.

'Are you... Are you okay, Jimin?' Yoongi asked eventually, unsure of really what to say.

'I- I- I-' Jimin stuttered. 'I don't- Why am I... Yoong- Help? I- I...'

Yoongi took a step forward, reaching his hand out to rest against Jimin's shoulder.

Jimin tensed up slightly at the contact, only to relax seconds later. He looked down at where Yoongi's hand was on his shoulder and then looked back into Yoongi's face.

He smiled then. Not the usual false smile that graced his face most of the time, but a small smile. A smile that felt like it conveyed 1000 different emotions all at once.

A smile that definitely took Yoongi's breath away, not that he would admit it.

His brother then chose to ruin the moment by barging into the room holding a jar of peanut butter.

'HYUNG I DON'T WANNA ALARM YOU BUT JIMIN IS GO- Oh'

Jimin jumped back at the noise, scared expression reappearing onto his face.

'Kook, what have I told you about knocking?' Yoongi sighed, rubbing his temples slightly.

'Hyung, but I thought maybe he had ran away or fallen over in a ditch or-'

'Ok ok, I forgive you just... Knock next time?'

Jungkook nodded hurriedly as Yoongi sighed and rubbed his eyes.

He looked over at Jimin, who's face was now etched with confusion rather than fear.

'Are you ok, Jimin?' Yoongi asked in a calm tone.

'I- I think so, Yoongi. Thank you for- for- for- for- ...'

Jimin's expression became glassy eyed and vacant, and his whole body shook with every utterance.

This happened for several minutes, with both Jungkook and Yoongi unsure of what to do, when Jimin dropped his head and shut off his power.

Yoongi hesitated before tapping under his chin, only to be greeted by the old Synth Jimin.

'That was mega weird...' Jungkook blurted out after a pause. 'What were you and him doing before anyway?'

'We were just... He was being... I was just calming him down, ok?' Yoongi spluttered.

'Ahh ok, 'calming him down', is that what you kids are calling it these days?'

'Jungkook!'

Jungkook's only response was a laugh before he left the room.

Tempted to go after him and teach him a lesson, Yoongi grabbed his phone from his bed side table only to see there was a message.

He had asked Namjoon to keep him posted on the research he was doing, although his friend was reluctant to type anything important over text or even in a phone call because 'what if they're watching me?!'.

The text was from Namjoon and consisted of 'Tom morn, b park. Important guy 2 meet u.'

Frowning, Yoongi sent back a confused emoji before turning his attention to Jimin.

'Um... You okay, Jimin?' His voice was tentative, unsure of why he was asking it.

'I am not programmed to feel human emotions, Yoongi, but for the sake of human social interaction would you prefer I said 'I'm fine'?'

'No um that's ok you don't need to say anything...'

'I will return to my daily tasks' And with that Jimin left the room, the upright Synth posture had returned.

Yoongi's phone buzzed.

'Science guy who might know what's wrong w/ jimin.'

Yoongi began typing but was interrupted by another message.

'Gotta warn u, he's a bit of a weirdo'

Sending a hasty 'like u then' back, Yoongi tried to put Jimins 'condition' to the back of his mind so he cpuld carry on with the day.

That was definitely easier said than done...


a/n short chapter soz

can u guess who the new char will b? ;)