Hope and Gin

Almost Human

Namjoon glanced down at the scribbled address once more before looking at the door in front of him.

He'd been standing there for a few moments, hesitant to do anything.

After Yoongi (or YoonGenius as he was now in his phone... And yes that was not his doing) had given him the idea of contacting the Gin guy, he'd set to work.

There had been several employees with 'Jin' in their name, but only one that had left a few months back. And with Taehyungs stealthy ability to break into the employee records, he was able to find the address of a certain Kim Seokjin.

Namjoon shuffled his feet, held his hand up to the door only to drop it again. He cursed. He didn't know why he was so nervous he was just going to simply ask if this guy had worked on a revolutionary life-bringing code...

The door opened suddenly and Namjoon was faced with about 2 metres of shoulder and a face of an actual Greek God.

'You know you're supposed to knock when you're outside someone's door?' The man asked, a teasing lilt to his tone.

'Um yeah um sorry yeah see I just um it's just that um that... Um...' Namjoon stumbled, forgetting any of the words he had preplanned to say.

The guy gave him an amused look before holding out his hand.

'Kim Seokjin, nice to meet you strange man who stands at my door for 15 minutes'

'Hey I wasn't there for 15 ... Maybe 5 or- or 7...' Namjoon retorted weakly. 'And um I'm um Kim Namjoon'

He shook Seokjin's hand and try to regain his composure.

'So um Seokjin I just- I came here to ask about um your- your work I mean your-'

'Am I really that intimidating?' Seokjin joked. 'Look just... Start from the beginning?'

'Okay' Namjoon took a deep breath. 'So my friend recently got this Synth, and it started glitching and acting odd so we both I mean I looked at it's database and found this weird code and then we noticed these other cases in the company where Synths had done this and we figured it had to be someone in the company... Except it's not because it's you and a guy called Hope which I haven't managed to find and you both left the company... Right?'

Seokjin blinked slowly at him, like a cat, before smiling.

'As much as I loved standing on my doorstep I feel like we should discuss this over a cup of coffee inside, don't you?'

'As long as you don't cut me up into little pieces and hide me in your walls...'

'Not today'

Namjoon followed Seokjin inside.

Later that day, Namjoon made his way to Yoongi's.

After his talk with Seokjin, he had gone to visit 'Hope' (who turned out to be a man called Jung Hoseok).

Jungkook had been right in saying someone with a nickname like Hope needed to be extra smiley. Hoseok had greeted Namjoon with a beam that seemed to last all throughout his visit.

'Jin told me you had some questions about our Magic Code... That's not a euphemism by the way' Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

Namjoon couldn't say he understood more about the code or what to do about Jimin, but having Seokjin and Hoseok to help them would make things easier.

Jimin answered the door when he arrived, although Namjoon could tell it was non-conscious Jimin.

'Hello Namjoon, Yoongi is in the shower at the moment but he told me to let you in so you can wait.'

'Um... Thanks Jimin'

He followed the Synth to the living room, slumping onto the sofa as Jimin busied himself with some form of cleaning.

Namjoon took out his notebook and busied himself in reading his notes from the day. He was so engrossed that it was only when he looked up a few minutes later that he realised Jimin hadn't moved.

'Um... Jimin?'

The Synth spun around, his eyes slightly watery.

'Nam- Namjoon I'm I'm-'

'Shhh don't stress, Yoongi'll be down in a bit' Namjoon stood up and awkwardly patted Jimin's arm in wjat he hoped was a comforting way.

Jimin nodded frantically.

They both stood in silence for a few minutes until the sound of the bathroom door clicking open made them both sigh in relief.

Yoongi, a towel wrapped around his waist, appeared in the door way.

'I think the boiler's playing up, had to stop myself from freezin my balls off- Oh hi Namjoon...' He froze, looking between Namjoon and Jimin. 'Everything ok..?'

'Yep everything's find just Jimin is um he wanted to talk to you I think?' Namjoon looked at Jimin pleadingly.

Jimin nodded going up to Yoongi. Yoongi opened his mouth to ask him what was wrong, only to be interrupted by Jimin flinging his arms around his still slightly damp torso.

Frozen to the spot, Yoongi and Namjoon shared a shocked look.

Eventually Yoongi decided standing stock still during a hug was far too K-Drama like so he lifted his arms up to hug Jimin back.

This seemed to jolt Jimin, causing him to jump away.

'S- sorry I just... I wanted to?' Jimin stammered confusedly. 'I was so scared of -of feeling things... Of wanting things... But..'

He trailer off, looking up at Yoongi with an almost sheepish smile.

'I really wanted to hug you... Even if I'm scared or confused as to why... But um I think that Namjoon has something important to tell you so I'll just go and...' He indicated vaguely to the door with his arms.

'No!' Yoongi half shouted, flinching at his own voice. 'I mean, you don't need to leave... What Namjoon has to say concerns you more than anyone else...'

Jimin nodded thoughtfully, sitting down opposite Namjoon.

Namjoon looked between the two expectant faces in front of him, ready to tell them of his findings.


a/n-

That chapter title tho lol

Changed the pov slightly?

& added another potential romance ;;;)
Hope ya'll enjoy ittt