Hurt

Almost Human

In the end, Yoongi didn't tell her that the Synth she had bought them was rewriting it's own biology to become conscious. Instead he made sure to comment on how clean the house was.

'And you're sure everything's ok with you and Jungkookie?' She asked. 'It's just you sound slightly on edge, Yoongi love...?'

'Um no mum I'm fine I just... Need to go to the toilet..?' Yoongi lied, flushing slightly at his own embarrassment.

His mother seemed to fall for it as she laughed and bid him 'happy pooing' before she hung up.

Yoongi felt dirty for not telling his mother the truth, but he couldn't risk her getting worried and calling the company.

Whatever Jimin was and whatever happened after that point, he knew Taehyung was right. The authorities and Synth company wouldn't want something like Jimin spreading to the masses.

It felt cliche, but Yoongi was sure that they would be worried the Synths would join together to go against all those who had used and abused them.

He was broken from his thoughts by the sound of singing.

He knew instantly that it wasn't Jungkook, who would sing obnoxiously loud at any given opportunity (which was ok, since he had an amazing singing voice).

But this voice was much softer, higher in tone and singing some trending pop song that had been all over the radio. Jungkook wouldn't dream of singing anything he would class as too 'mainstream'.

Yoongi crept slightly to where the singing was coming from, alreadt pretty sure he knew who it was (unless someone else had mysteriously broken into their flat to sing).

And sure enough, Jimin stood at the sink. He was washing a cup, although the limp movements of the brush on the porcelain probably wasn't doing much washing.

He was staring off out the window, Yoongi couldn't see his face but he had a feeling he might be smiling.

He didn't seen to know all the lyrics, mumbling incoherently at certain parts of the verse before going all out to sing the catchy chorus.

Yoongi decided he definitely liked Jimin's singing voice just as much as his speaking voice.

After another moment he cleared his throat quietly to get Jimin's attention, feeling slightly voyeuristic.

Jimin spun round dropping the cup causing it to break.

'I- I'm so- so sorry Yoongi I'll clear this u- up right-' Jimin stammered nervously using his hands to pick up the shards of the cup.

He suddenly took a sharp intake of breath and looked down at his hand. Yoongi knelt down opposite him and gentle took his hand to inspect a small cut which had formed their.

'Does it- does it hurt?' Yoongi asked, noticing how Jimin winced slightly as he ran his finger over the cut.

'Yes?' There was a slight rise to his tone as if he was unsure of what he was feeling. 'Is hurt a bad emotion?'

'Yes, to be hurt is when... When you feel really bad. Like this cut or when someone may say something horrible about you...'

Jimin nodded in understanding, looking curiously at his wound.

'Humans... You have red blood?' Jimin asked slowly. 'Mine is... Blue?'

'That mean's your royalty' Yoongi joked, receiving a blank look from Jimin in return. 'You know? The saying about how Royal people have blue blood...?'

Jimin shook his head, but smiled all the same.

'I'm not sure what to do about this wound though...' Yoongi looked down at the cut, the blue 'blood' wasn't leaking everywhere but he felt like it wouldn't good for Jimin too lose too much of it. Plus he highly doubted that a plaster would help in a Synths case. 'Is there something in your manual that says-'

'Any injuries I obtain I can heal myself, Yoongi. I will make sure to return to clean up this broken cup and finish the washing up once I have healed.'

Yoongi glanced up to see the 'conscious' Jimin had gone once again. Sighing he let go of his hand as Jimin got up and left the room.

A week later he met up with Namjoon, hoping that his friend had discovered something new about the mysterious code.

'Nothing?!' Yoongi exclaimed a little too loud for a public cafe.

'Keep your voice down!' Namjoon hissed. 'But yes, I haven't found anything anywhere about that code...'

'But it must've happened inside the company? Those first cases never went outside the company walls...'

'I know, and me and Tae have looked in every recorded file in the whole place but there's literally nothing!' Namjoon sighed. 'I wont stop looking but I'm not holding up much hope Yoongs... I mean even if I asked some ex-employees then I might find...'

Namjoon trailed off, his eyes glazing over as if in deep thought.

'Find what? Namjoon?' Yoongi clicked his fingers in front of Namjoons face causing him to jump out of his stupor.

'Of course! That's it!' He exclaimed.

'What is? What's it?'

'Hope!'

Yoongi frowned.

'What? Joon, have you been drinking too much coffee again because remember last year when you fell into-'

'No no I'm fine. Hope is the answer!' Namjoon pulled out a notebook and began hastily scribbling some notes down as he spoke. 'Hope was the nickname of this guy who used to work at our company and he was like something if a genius hacker kinda bloke... Anyway he and this other guy... Gin? Think his name was gin anyway they both worked together on making these mods for the new Synths and we always laughed because they were in this crazy language... But it was the coding we saw in Jimin I'm sure of it!'

Yoongi gasped.

'Can you contact this Hope guy? Does he still work at the company?'

Namjoon shook his head.

'No he left about a month ago... About the time Jimin's batch of Synths would've been in the production line oh my god...'

The two friends sat in silence for a moment.

'I'll find him though, and then ask him what the hell and how the hell and... Yoongs I think we're finally getting somewhere with this'

Yoongi mirrored Namjoon's beaming expression.

'I think you're right!'


a/n-

Hmm i wonder who hope and gin are

Sounds like something i would need on a monday morning #lol