Day 9 HUNHAN

12 Days of EXOmas

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me~ 9 dancing maknaes

8 daddy Xiumins

7 healing Yixings

6 flying dragons

5 trolling Chens~~~

4 funny Baekhyuns

3 happy Chanyeols

2 baby bambis

And a leader who is Kim Joonmyun~

Sweat dripped off of Sehun as the music finally ended. Panting and gasping, he wanted nothing more than to collapse where he stood.

“Again,” The instructor ordered, walking around the exhausted bodies of the dancers. Collective groans filled the air. With more difficultly than needed, Sehun straightened his back and began the first move.

“In two days, we fly to Beijing for the one of the biggest dance competitions in Asia, we must be prepared to win,” The instructor began, “I will not settle for anything less and—”

Sehun rolled his eyes, having heard this speech a thousand times in the last six months.

“If you do not take this seriously, there are over two thousand hopefuls waiting to take your place on this team and I will have no remorse in kicking you out. Now, get out”

Sehun’s eyes widened slightly. Well, that was new. Mr. Choi never threatened to kick them out before.

“He’s just messing with you, Sehun-ah” one of the seniors called out as they left.

“Yeah, don’t let it get to you” another added. Sehun nodded and yelled out his good byes as the older dancers left one by one. Jongin came to sit beside him then.

“You okay?”

Again, Sehun nodded.

Jongin narrowed his eyes, not believing him.

“You know that he’s going to be there, right?” Jongin asked slowly, like he didn’t want to startle a small animal. Sehun tensed before visibly forcing himself to relax. Out of three thousand dancers, of course he had to be chosen to dance for China.  Sehun sighed, knowing that he couldn’t fool Jongin.

“I’ll just…avoid him at all costs,” Sehun replied, looking away. Jongin watched his struggling friend with sad eyes, wishing he could help in some way.

“Come on, we should keep practicing” Sehun suddenly announced, rising to his feet. Jongin soon followed suit.

•••~|~•••

Walking out of the airport, Sehun’s eyes were drawn to the tall and daunting Beijing skyline. Adjusting his back pack straps, he followed the rest of his dance team.

“Remember to meet me at dance studio 3, tomorrow morning, eight a.m. sharp” Mr. Choi informed as they walked out of the bus one by one. Sehun was only slightly shocked at the early time.

“You’re all adults; I’ll trust you know how to take of yourselves?” Without waiting for a response, Mr. Choi disappeared into the grand hotel looming in front of them.

Jongin came to stand beside Sehun, openly gaping at the monstrous hotel. Sehun smiled at him, thinking about how cute he looked. Suddenly, Jongin took his hand and started to drag him into the lobby. While Sehun stood admiring the interior, Jongin went for their room keys.

“Guess what?” Jongin asked, popping up beside him. Being used to his sudden appearance, Sehun just looked at him.

“We’re on the nineteenth floor!” He stage whispered. Sehun’s eyes widened. That’s really high…

Together, the two walked into the elevator and started their ascension.

•••~|~•••

“We should go out, we have all evening” Jongin suggested, lazing around on his bed. He rolled over then, watching Sehun walk around their room as he carefully placed all his clothes in the drawers.

“What if we get lost?”

Jongin rolled his eyes, “I’m sure we’ll be fine”

Sehun thought about it for a moment and Jongin watched him carefully, trying to gauge out his reply.

“Okay,”

“Whoa, so cool” Jongin commented, rolling over his bed until he fell off. Coming to stand beside Sehun, Jongin grinned, wanting nothing more than to leave right this instant.

•••~|~•••

Slowly, the two dancers walked through the food market, marvelling at the various types of foods. More than once, they squealed at the multiple insects that seemed to be pierced by a stick. Being the immature children that they are, they also dared each other to eat the many foods.

“Oh, I don’t feel so good” Jongin confessed, rubbing at his stomach. Sehun stared at him worriedly, unsure of what to do.

“Should we head back?” Jongin nodded, starting to pale slightly.

“Sehun, Jongin!” someone called out from behind them. Sehun turned, spotting a group of his seniors clustered around a food vendor. He made a motioning gesture. So they had no choice but to go.

“Look who we found,” Taemin said, moving aside to reveal the one person Sehun didn’t want to meet.

“Hey…Sehun,” Luhan greeted, giving him an unsure smile. Sehun gave a slight wave in return. When he finally looked, he found Luhan averting his gaze.

Then Luhan turned slightly, whispering to the guy standing next to him.

“Oh and this is Yixing, he’s also a part of China’s dance team” Taemin introduced, pointing to the guy Luhan was whispering to.

“Sunbae, Jongin’s feeling sick so I’m going to take him back to the hotel and—”

Before he could finish, Taemin came up to Jongin, looking over him worriedly.

“I’ll take him back and maybe buy him some medication,” Taemin said.

“It’s okay, hyung, you don’t need to” Jongin reassured him. Taemin gave him a dubious look.

“I can go with them,” Luhan suddenly piped in. The whole group looked at him with questioning gazes. He seemed to curl into himself slightly.

“I’ll get a cab and make sure to stop by a pharmacy,” He added. Taemin started nodding then, ignoring Sehuns’s pleading look.

“Sure”

•••~|~•••

It was awkward inside the cab. Jongin was almost asleep on Sehun’s shoulders and Luhan was completely silent, only speaking in Mandarin to give directions to the driver.

Slowly, Sehun was reaching his breaking point. Just as he was about to speak, Luhan beat him to it.

“So…how are you and Jongin?”

Sehun blinked at him slightly, confused. “Well, Jongin somehow got sick and—”

“That’s not what I meant” He interrupted. Sehun started to get even more confused.

“Like…how are you and Jongin..?” This time, he enunciated it carefully. Oh…oh. Then it clicked.

“You think, you think that we’re together?” Sehun gave him an incredulous look.

“Well yeah,” he said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world, “It was pretty obvious from the start”

Sehun once again, grew confused. “No… we’ve never even been together like that”

Luhan froze up, staring blankly ahead before slowly turning to stare to Sehun.

“Yes, you were. If you two weren’t dating then all that I—” Luhan went silent then, averting his gaze to stare out the window. He seemed to be shaking slightly.

“Oh God, I’m so sorry Sehun…” He started. Sehun just watched him, having been lost since Luhan opened his mouth.

“The reason I left Korea is because…I-I thought that…you were with Jongin and I didn’t…I didn’t want to be around you knowing that…” He trailed off, voice becoming shaky. Understanding was slowly dawning on Sehun but he desperately wanted to hear what else Luhan was going to say.

“Knowing what?” He prodded.

“Knowing that you didn’t love me” He finished in a rush. After his confession, Luhan turned away from him. Sehun was feeling so many mixed emotions. Excited and happy because Luhan loved him back but also angry that instead of just asking Sehun himself, Luhan just up and left. He was heartbroken after the older’s sudden departure and wasn’t able to reach him. No matter how many times he called, Luhan ignored him. So Sehun gave up.

“You’re a complete idiot, you know that?” Sehun whispered. Luhan seemed like he was trying to hold back a sob.

“I know I messed up but please, Sehun, please forgive me, I’m sorry”

Sehun sighed, wanting nothing more than to accept but—

“Just say you love him and get it over with” Jongin suddenly chimed in, eyes still closed but he was trying to fight back a smile.

Sehun smiled and Luhan glanced at him then, face becoming hopeful.

“Okay, I forgive you”

Luhan’s face erupted into a giant smile and Sehun couldn’t help feeling as if a giant burden had just been lifted from his shoulders. It’s completely crazy to just jump right in a relationship but they were getting there and once this competition was done, they would have all the time they wanted to be with each other. 

End

 

A/N

It seems more like SeKai but whatever, didn't mean for that to happen.