Day 1 SULAY

12 Days of EXOmas

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me~ a leader who is Kim Joonmyun~

“Joonie~” Yixing called out in sing-song. Wandering around the dorm, he searched high and low for his lovable leader-nim. Peeking curiously into their shared bedroom, Yixing’s face erupted with fondness. There, curled up into a teensy tiny ball on their bed, was Joonmyun. Closing the door silently behind him, Yixing crept closer to the leader. Before Joonmyun could fully wake up, Yixing quickly clambered into the bed.  

“Good morning” Yixing whispered, snuggling closer to Joonmyun. Joonmyun smiled sleepily, turning around to wrap his arms around the other.

“Morning,”

Yixing was perfectly happy to just lay there in Joonmyun’s arms but he wanted to spend the day out with the other.

“Joonie~ we should get up” Joonmyun grunted in protest, rolling away from Yixing. Yixing sat up, staring down at Joonmyun in the dark. Leaning back, he kicked out his leg, knocking the other onto the floor. All was still for a few seconds before Joonmyun stood up. Even in the dark, Yixing could feel his glare. He bolted before Joonmyun could lunge for him. Rushing out the door, Yixing tripped over a pile of dirty clothes. He went tumbling into the floor, a laughing Joonmyun landing on top of him. He lay there for a bit, slightly dazed.

“Smooth” He whispered to himself. Yixing could feel Joonmyun smiling down at him. Standing up, Joonmyun held out a hand to Yixing.

“Why, thank you” he answered, grabbing the offered hand.

Walking back out, they were met with an empty dorm. Right! Yixing thought, only we have a free day today. Yixing shot Joonmyun a secretive smile, causing the other to look at him confusedly. Sauntering up to other, Yixing wrapped his arms around his neck, pulling Joonmyun closer. Joonmyun lifted his hand to Yixing’s chest, stopping him from advancing.

“As much as I would love to Yixing, we have rehearsals tomorrow,” and I need to be able to walk. The unsaid words hung around them and Joonmyun blushed. Yixing snickered quietly before backing off.

“Well, we should still go out anyways” Yixing announced, marching back into their bedroom. Joonmyun followed close behind.

•••~|~•••

Taking one step outside, a strong gust of wind blew off Yixing’s hat. Rushing to grab it, he narrowly missed an icy patch on the sidewalk. Joonmyun was also clutching his toque, pulling the ends down over his ears.

“It’s so cold” Joonmyun shivered, teeth close to chattering. And they weren’t even outside for two minutes…

“How about we stay inside?” Yixing asked and Joonmyun was nodding before he even finished his sentence. Walking back to the door, they hobbled in like little penguins.

“Come on, I’ll make us some hot chocolate or something” Joonmyun voiced out, walking into kitchen. Yixing followed after him, shrugging out his coat. As Joonmyun was reaching into the cupboard for two mugs, Yixing crept up close behind him. Seeing his shirt riding up, a patch of pale skin started to show so Yixing gently brushed his fingers over it. Joonmyun immediately yelped and curled in on himself. He glared at Yixing, covering his belly and pulling his shirt down.

“Why would you do that?” Joonmyun questioned darkly. Yixing gave him a dimpled smile. Resuming his task, Joonmyun swiftly grabbed the two mugs. Not giving Yixing any chance to touch him again.

As they waited for the milk to warm up, Yixing took out his phone, typing something before setting it on the table. Soft, melodic music sounded and Yixing made his way to Joonmyun. He offered out his hand. Placing his hands on Yixing’s shoulders, they begin to just sway to the music. Yixing had his hands placed gently around Joonmyun’s waist and they enjoyed their time together.

Noticing the milk beginning to foam, Joonmyun let go of Yixing to turn off the stove. Mixing the chocolate, he brought both cups to the coffee table and sat beside Yixing on the couch.

“Wait one second” Yixing suddenly blurted out, walking into the kitchen. Joonmyun blinked after him. When Yixing came back, not even a minute later, he was carrying a covered can of something. Joonmyun paid him no heed until something cold and white was spread across his face. Gasping, he wiped at face. But soon, Joonmyun realised that Yixing had covered his face whipped cream. Yixing is just bullying him today, isn’t he?

Gathering the remaining whipped topping from his face, he flicked it at Yixing. Once it landed on him, Yixing broke into a fit of giggles. Joonmyun started to laugh as well but tried not to.

“Give me that” Joonmyun asked. Yixing handed it over, giggles still coming out. Picking up his mug, Joonmyun added a generous amount of whipped cream. He nodded, satisfied. Then a marshmallow suddenly landed on his pile of whipped topping. He looked to Yixing, who was stuffing his mouth with marshmallows. Joonmyun wanted to ask where the other keeps getting all these treats from but he decided to let it go.

“This is nice, right?” Yixing asked out of nowhere. Joonmyun looked at him, grinning.

“Mm, it is” Joonmyun leaned closer to Yixing, almost on top of him, “but you know what be better?”

Yixing wasn’t too sure of where Joonmyun was heading but with the look growing in his eyes, he had a pretty good idea.

“What about rehearsal?” Yixing whispered, not really caring about that right now.

“I’ll be fine” And with that said, Yixing climbed off the couch and picked up Joonmyun, leading them both to their bedroom.

End