Day 10 SUTAO KRISLAY

12 Days of EXOmas

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me~ 10 fighting pandas

9 dancing maknaes

8 daddy Xiumins

7 healing Yixings

6 flying dragons

5 trolling Chens~~~

4 funny Baekhyuns

3 happy Chanyeols

2 baby bambis

And a leader who is Kim Joonmyun~

“Yes, I know Taozi, I’ll call you as soon as I land” Joonmyun replied, a smile ghosting over his face. Yifan watched from a good distance away not wanting to intrude. Taozi? Is that really what Joonmyun calls him? Granted, Yifan has never actually met Zitao in person but he didn’t really seem like the type to be called Taozi.

“Yifan, let’s go” Joonmyun said, hanging up his phone. Yifan turned to him, walking closer. He gazed down to the younger man, wanting to just hug him close and keep him from flying to China. He refrained though, knowing that it wouldn’t be appreciated.

Overhead, their flight number was announced, so the two headed for their gate.

•••~|~•••

“So, you seem very excited” Yifan started, stating the obvious. Luckily, Joonmyun didn’t point that out.

“I haven’t seen him in weeks, so yes, I’m very excited” Joonmyun replied. Yifan went quiet again, not sure what to say; which was way out of character for him. Joonmyun looked over at him, worried about his silence.

“Yifan, are you okay?”

No, Yifan wanted to say, I’m not okay because we’re heading to see your boyfriend…who isn’t me…

“Yeah, I’m fine, it’s just…it’s been awhile since I’ve been on a plane” He explained, thinking of a lie on the spot.

“Oh, I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you ‘It’s going to be okay’?” Joonmyun gave him a mocking smile. Yifan just rolled his eyes.

Truth be told, his feelings for Joonmyun developed over time and then boom! He was suddenly, maddeningly and irreversibly in love with the younger man. But he wasn’t able to handle the sudden knowledge so he left. He flew back to his family in Canada and dealt with his feelings. By the time he returned, his whole world crashed down around him.

“Hey, Yifan look! This is Huang Zitao…my boyfriend~” Joonmyun was so happy to show him the pictures on his phone because apparently, he met someone while Yifan was away. Yifan refused to look but Joonmyun didn’t notice and just went on scrolling through his camera roll.

“He came from China for a few weeks to visit friends; did you know that he’s like, best friends with Sehun? That’s how we met actually, through Sehun—” Yifan zoned out then. It was absolutely unbelievable that Yifan came back, prepared and ready to confess, only to discover that Joonmyun was taken.

As much as he wanted to steal him away, Joonmyun’s happiness was far more important to him. That doesn’t mean he’s not hurting.

•••~|~•••

“Yifan? Wakey, wakey~” Joonmyun whispered in sing-song. Yifan groaned slightly, feeling how stiff his neck was. Opening his eyes, he was greeted by the sight of Joonmyun standing over him. A smile broke out across his face before he realized why Joonmyun must be waking him up.

They have landed in China, he thought with dread.

Standing up, he followed Joonmyun off the plane and into the luggage area.

“Hey, Joonmyun—” Yifan started, meaning to grab onto him but before he could, he dashed away from him. Yifan was left grasping the empty air.

“Joonmyun ge!” a voice shouted over the busy buzz of the people. Yifan almost lost sight of the shorter man as he ran into the busy crowds. Shaking himself out of his sudden stupor, he quickly fled after the other. Once he pushed through the crowds, he found Joonmyun in the arms of another man who was much taller than him, almost as tall as Yifan himself. He skidded to a stop.  

He suddenly felt sick just watching them. Turning away, he tried to slow his breathing. But the wide open space of the airport suddenly felt like it was enclosing him. Striding past the happy couple, Yifan dashed outside and ran straight into another person.

Ah, I’m sorry” He replied in Mandarin. Raising his head, he bowed in apology.

“Yifan?” “Yixing ge!” both Zitao and Joonmyun called out. He turned to look at the approaching couple and then he noticed the man he ran into also watching them. Yixing? He thought to himself.

“Uh, hi, I’m Joonmyun,” he introduced himself, coming to stand in front of Yixing. He gave the other a kind smile before turning to Yifan.

“And you must Yifan,”

•••~|~•••

The couple walked a head of him and Yixing as they headed to Zitao’s apartment.

I actually thought that I was going to be third wheeling for the week” Yixing stated in Mandarin, leaning in closer to Yifan. Yifan gave him a slightly awkward smile in return.

So, how do you know Zitao?”

You could say that we’re roommates turned friends

“Hey! You guys are going to walk right past the door” Joonmyun called out, latching onto Yifan’s arm. Yifan flinched slightly but fortunately for him, Joonmyun didn’t notice but someone else did. Yixing narrowed his eyes slightly at the older’s response.

•••~|~•••

The days went by without much excitement, seeing how Yifan spent most of it cooped up in the spare bedroom, under the excuse of “jet lag”. But finally, Yixing got fed up all of Yifan’s self loathe.

I’m coming in,” Yixing announced after knocking on his door. Yifan immediately dove under his blankets. The door opened, shedding light on the still darkness. 

How long have you been in here?” Yixing asked, his nose curling up in disgust.

Shut up,” Came the muffled reply. Yixing burst out laughing.

Come out, you can tell doctor Zhang whatever bothers you,” Yixing nodded his head, proud of his self-acclaimed title. Yifan slowly tugged down his blankets, a smile spreading across his face before it became cloudy again.

Yixing watched this all with keen interest. Before he suddenly realized that it might not be that simple to help Yifan.

Taking a deep breath to gather his thoughts, Yifan explained his feelings. Don’t ask why but when he was with Yixing, Yifan felt at ease.

•••~|~•••

Wow, that’s messed up” Yixing stated. Yifan immediately deflated. Yixing laughed at his reaction.

Believe it or not, it does get easier

Yifan gave him a wistful smile, “I guess so but it might take a while

Yixing gave him a unreadable look before facing him on the bed. Slowly he crawled closer. Yifan looked at him, slightly scared as he leaned farther and farther away from the other. Yixing just crawled closer and closer until he was right over Yifan. Looking down at him, he gave Yifan a sweet smile.

If you want, I can help you…you know, get over him faster

Yifan smirked, “Oh, yeah?”

Yeah,” Yixing replied, biting his lip.

Suddenly, Yifan pulled the blankets over the two as he pulled Yixing closer.

•••~|~•••

Finally, the day has come for Joonmyun and Yifan to return to Korea.

As they boarded the plane, Joonmyun and Zitao gave each other tearful goodbyes and Yixing shot Yifan a secretive smile.

Maybe it would be easy to forget about his feelings for Joonmyun, Yifan thought, waving his goodbyes. 

End

 

A/N

Not to sure what happened because this chapter seemed to have a mind of it's own. Somehow, it turned into KrisLay but who cares? My original plan was to make Kris heartbroken but he ended up falling for Lay ^^ also, sorry not sorry, no XXX