Day 8 XIUCHEN

12 Days of EXOmas

On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me~ 8 daddy Xiumins

7 healing Yixings

6 flying dragons

5 trolling Chens~~~

4 funny Baekhyuns

3 happy Chanyeols

2 baby bambis

And a leader who is Kim Joonmyun~

Jongdae shivered once again as another gust of wind blew into him. Minseok flashed him a grin, finding his reactions adorable. Holding hands, the couple dashed into the nearest café. Immediately, they were surrounded by the warm coffee aroma and sighed in content.

“Coffee please,” Minseok ordered as he came to stand at the empty till, smiling at the barista. The barista blushed and averted his eyes, moving to make his drink. Jongdae watched the whole encounter with a rapidly darkening mood. He almost burst out laughing. Did that guy actually think that Minseok was into him? Minseok was only smiling because he was polite and that—

“May I take your order?” Jonogdae looked up to the barista and was annoyed to discover that he was a bit taller and slightly attractive.

“…a green tea frappe” The barista smiled and Jongdae wanted to scowl but decided against it. Going to stand beside Minseok, Jongdae rested his head against the others shoulder. A few girls waiting behind them cooed quietly and Jongdae smirked.

When Minseok went to take his coffee, the same barista shot him a flirty smile and Jongdae’s mouth dropped open. How dare he—?  

When his frappe was ready, Jongdae went up to the barista, intent on telling him off.

“He’s mine, okay?” Jongdae whispered threateningly, leaning in close. Pivoting on his heels, he smiled and left the slightly disturbed barista behind. Minseok was shaking his head from the table he sat at, having watched the whole spectacle.

“I don’t like this place, we should go somewhere else later” Jongdae announced as he seated himself. Minseok, still shaking his head, started to smile.

“You have to stop; I don’t get mad when people smile at you”

“Yeah, well, you don’t know what he actually means when he smiles. A smile can mean so many different things and it’s my job to—” Minseok started to laugh then, completely baffled at Jongdae’s logic.

•••~|~•••

“Hyung, I’m hungry~” Jongdae whined, resting his head on Minseok’s shoulder. Minseok rolled his eyes.

“We’re basically just wandering around eating at different places,” Minseok noted.

“Those are the best kinds of dates though, you have to admit”

Minseok smiled, exasperated. This kid… he thought. Scanning the multiple shops that dotted the street, he led them into a small, cozy sandwich shop. After paying for their sandwiches, the couple decided to eat them on the go.

Finally, they left the shopping district and found themselves wandering into a park. Since the cold had yet to fully set in, many ducks loitered around. Before Jongdae could notice, Minseok wandered off.

•••~|~•••

When Jongdae finally noticed his missing boyfriend, he spun around frantically, thoughts of the barista having kidnapped him appearing in his mind. But that all calmed down when he caught sight of the other feeding bits of his bread to the ducks. Walking closer, Jongdae crouched next to Minseok, smiling at the scene. With Minseok paying attention to the birds, he took out his phone, snapping a few pictures before deciding to burst Minseok’s happy little bubble.

“You know that kills the birds, right?”

Minseok nearly fell over.

“Yeah,” Jongdae continued, “they can’t digest the bread so they die and they won’t eat anything else so they also starve themselves”

“Okay, I think I’m done for the day” Minseok announced, rising.

Jongdae stared after him, wanting to laugh.

Running after his retreating figure, he jumped right on him, knocking them both down. Minseok was too shocked to react in time so he just laid there in a mass of limbs.

“Let’s just stay here” Jongdae suggested, untangling himself and resting his head on Minseok’s stomach. Not one to protest, Minseok laid his head in his arms and watched the sky.

“Hyung, the sun is setting”

Raising his head, he saw the beautiful oranges and purples start to appear on the horizon. Finally sitting up, Minseok placed Jongdae’s head in his lap and the couple got comfortable as they watched the sun set over the trees.

In unison, they thought, It’s Perfect.

End. 

 

A/N

Okay, so first of all: I'm really really sorry that I haven't updated since December, something happened to my computer and I don't know if it's a virus or something else, Mianhae!! and I know Christmas is over but the this story will get finished!! (News Years resolution) and finally (even though I'm really late) Happy New Years!