Day 3 BAEKYEOL

12 Days of EXOmas

 

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me~ 3 happy Chanyeols

2 baby bambis

And a leader who is Kim Joonmyun~

“Come on Baek, we’re going out” Chanyeol suddenly announced. Baekhyun looked at him, excited but also curious.

“Where are we going?”

“Does it matter?” Chanyeol asked, giving him a sly grin. Baekhyun shrugged, not really…

Before Baekhyun knew it, he was whisked away in Chanyeol’s truck. He wasn’t complaining though. Now that they were in university, the couple hardly had any time to themselves but since its Christmas break; they weren’t going to waste it. Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol, intent on asking where they were going but froze when he saw Chanyeol already watching him. The other grinned, showing off his perfect smile. Baekhyun quickly turned away.

For God’s sake, they’ve been dating for years and Baekyun still got love-struck.

Chanyeol’s laugh resonated through the vehicle and Baekhyun refused to look up from his lap. How dare Chanyeol laugh at him? He thought angrily.

Then Chanyeol reached over, placing his hand on Baekhyun’s thigh. They two stayed that way for the rest of the ride.

•••~|~•••

Finally reaching their destination, Chanyeol looked over to Baekhyun, a smile forming when he saw the other sleeping.

“Hey, Baek, wake up~”

Chanyeol watched fondly as the other slowly came to. Slightly confused, Baekhyun surveyed the area. They were in the country, for one thing and surrounded by tall, trees.  

“So, you haven’t told me what we’re doing”

Chanyeol grinned again, climbing out of the truck. As Baekhyun followed suit, Chanyeol opened the back door, revealing a small basket.

Baekhyun gave him shy, unsure smile, “A picnic?”

Suddenly embarrassed, Chanyeol looked away, nodding slowly. Then Baekhyun reached in, taking away the basket and left skipping. Chanyeol sighed in relief; at least Baekhyun didn’t think it was cheesy. Flashbacks to a laughing Jongdae flashed through his mind but he quickly cleared his thoughts, instead deciding to go after the other. He found Baek on sitting behind a small cluster of trees. He watched as he dug into the basket, his face lighting up as he pulled out the small sandwiches and cake. Chanyeol came up from behind him, leaning over Baekhyun’s shoulder. Baekhyun turned up to him, offering him a sandwich.

They stayed like that for a while with Chanyeol resting against Baekhyun’s shoulder as they ate. Even though it was cold, they didn’t mind it much until the sun started to set. A strong gust of wind blew past them and Baekhyun was instantly chilled. The couple took that as a sign to pack up. As soon as Baekhyun had the basket packed, he ran back to the truck, leaving Chanyeol to take care of their blanket.

Once Chanyeol was seated, they drove off. Chanyeol held out his hand after a few minutes of silence and without thinking, Baekhyun laced their fingers together. They held hands for the rest of the way, just happy to be in each other’s presence and satisfied with their outdoor date.

End

 

A/N

I’m so sorry for the extremely late update, I wasn’t able to post anything over the weekend but I’ll try my best to get the chapters caught up.