Her revenge

The Agent and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*SHK’s POV*

I sigh in contentment as I take a sip of my smoothie and lean back against my chair. I woke up today feeling refreshed and energized. After the meeting yesterday, I decided to just go home and rest. Luckily, my other appointments got moved to today and I was more than glad to comply. After all, I already felt like fainting yesterday. Hangovers really drain the energy out of me, that’s the reason why, aside from not liking the taste of alcohol, I avoid drinking as much as I could.

After attending to all my appointments today, which includes meetings with sponsors for the charity event and appearing in another event with my mother (to help with my father’s campaign), I decide to accept Min Young’s invitation to meet her for coffee. I was craving for something sweet anyway.

The moment I arrived, she immediately ordered a glass of iced coffee while I opted for a matcha flavored smoothie. A few minutes later, our drinks finally arrived.

“Ahh, finally, some rest and relaxation,” I say before putting my glass down and closing my eyes.

“Didn’t you say you just spent the entire afternoon yesterday resting?” Min Young says and I open my eyes.

“Yup, but then, I was up and about again before the sun shined today. I had to attend all these meetings and events to help with Appa’s campaign,” I say. “Ugh, it’s only 2:30pm and I’m already feeling drained.”

“As if you’re not used to it, yet,” she says and I shake my head before taking a bite of cake. “Anyway, that means they were also up before sunrise, right?” she asks, gesturing to the men in suits behind me.

“Yup, so?” I ask indifferently.

“And they’re still working,” she says and I look at her, unable to know what she’s getting at.

“And?”

“Did they even have lunch yet?”

“I don’t know. Maybe,” I say and start wondering but then keep a cool face. Have they eaten? They should’ve had already, right?

“Why don’t you ask them to join us?” she asks and I give her a face.

“What? No way. They’re adults, they know how to fend for themselves,” I protest and this time, she gives me a face. “What?” I ask her.

“Are you still annoyed with them?” she asks and I don’t answer. She very well knows the answer to her question.

“You know it’s not exactly a pleasant experience having people watch your every move,” I say, hoping she’d get where I’m coming from. Once in her life, she too was assigned with bodyguards.

“I know, I understand you but come on, Hye Kyo. It’s not like it’s their fault you need to protection….”

“So, it’s my fault now?” I challenge and she sighs in frustration.

“You know that’s not what I meant. I mean, it’s not like it’s their fault that they’re chosen to guard you to make sure that no one can harm you,” she says but I don’t answer.

 “But it’s their fault they have exemplary records in the military that’s why they were chosen,” I say. Okay, lame answer, but still, I needed something to say. She gives me an expression which seems to ask, “really now?” and I sigh.

“Come one, Hye Kyo. You’re not usually like this. You’re usually kind and humble and thoughtful and nice and…”  

“Alright! Arlight!” I stop her from saying anything further. She really does know how to play the guilt trip when it comes to me. “Fine! But they’re not sitting with us. The last thing I want is for them to eavesdrop on our conversation and report to my dad everything that we talked about,” I say, defeated and she beams at me. No longer able to stand her grinning face, I stand from my seat and approach them.

“Ahem,” I clear my throat as I stand in front of them, in front of Agent Song, specifically.

“Is there a problem, Miss? Is there anything you need?” he asks and I dismiss his questions.

“Uh… have you eaten?” I ask, trying to look cool and hoping he’d say yes while he seems taken aback by my question.

“We’re not hungry, Miss,” he says, obviously dodging my question. So, they haven’t eaten yet. The thought makes me feel bad.

“I wasn’t asking if you were hungry,” I point out and he stays silent. “Gather your men and take a seat.”

“W-what? Pardon me, Miss?”

“Order anything you want.”

“But….”

“No buts, Agent Song. Go have lunch. That’s an order.” I say, hoping he’d just stop protesting already. Looking around, the other agents are also looking astounded.

“We’re really fine, Miss. We…”

“Stop refusing, Agent Song. I don’t like people skipping meals for me. Now, where’s the waiter?” I ask and spot one nearby. “Waiter,” I call and immediately he approaches us.

“5 cups of Americano please,” I say when I sense that he’s still hesitant to follow me. “and 5 large croissants,” I add then look at him only to find him gaping at me.

“What else would you like?” I ask, but he only looks at me and I roll my eyes. “Is the pasta available?” I ask the waiter and he nods. “Okay, then. 5 fettuccine alfredo,” I add. Knowing men, they eat a lot.

“Anything else, Ma’am?” the waiter asks after noting our orders and I glance at Agent Song who is still silent beside me.

“That would be all for now, thank you,” I say, dismissing the waiter then turn to face the agent.

“Miss, you didn’t need to…”

“Too late, I already ordered. Now why don’t you take a break and have lunch, first?” I ask nicely and even that seems to shock him. “It’s not like I’m going to escape anyway. I’ll just be there with my friend. Tell your men not to hesitate if they want to add more. Okay?”

“Eat well, Agent Song,” I say before I make my way back to Min Young, who is observing from the distance with a questioning look on her face.

 

“What was that about?” she asks the moment I take a seat. I look at her and she really does look curious.

“He kept resisting. He kept saying that they’re fine but I know they haven’t had lunch,” I say, taking my drink and stir it.

“I knew it,” she says, her expression seeming to tell me ‘I told you so.’ “So, did he finally agree? Did he…”

“He didn’t but he doesn’t have any other choice. I already ordered for them,” I say smugly and she grins.

“Good girl,” she says before leaning in and grabbing her drink, too. “Aww, look at them. They really are hungry,” she comments and I follow her line of vision. Sure enough, the agents start digging in the moment the food gets served. Agent Song, on the other hand just stares at his share.

“I must say, you do have cute bodyguards,” she says as the four start smiling then talking as they partake their pasta. At this moment, Agent Song still hasn’t touched his, seeming to debate whether to eat or not. He looks up and meets my gaze. I raise my brow at him, mentally urging him to eat and as if he can read my mind, he hesitantly grabs his fork and starts eating.

Good boy, I think to myself as I start to smile.

“You’re right,” I unknowingly say. He is cute.

“That they’re cute?” she asks, looking at me and I immediately gather my thoughts.

“Y-y-yes. Uh, I mean no. I mean, you were right when you said they were hungry,” I quickly say, hoping she wouldn’t notice me stammering. But of course, she’s my best friend. She notices everything.

“Really?” she raises a brow at me and I glare at her.

“Really,” I say definitely. “So, cut it out already,” I say and she seems as if she’s stopping herself from smiling.

“Okay. Okay. If you say so,” she says, giving me a knowing smile. “So does this mean you forgive them?” she asks moments later.

“Forgive them?” I look up from my drink. What does she mean? Before answering, she rolls her eyes at me.

“Yup. This isn’t exactly just a one-time act of kindness, dear,” she says and this time, I’m the one who gets to roll my eyes. “Hye Kyo, just what I said….”

“I know. I know. It’s not their fault that they’re tasked to be my bodyguards,” I say without emotion and she sighs.

“Forgive them already. Be the kind person that you are and stop being stubborn!” she starts and I look at her. “You know you’re dad really does have a point. Given the threats that you’ve been receiving lately, you really should be given protection. You know how important you are to the President.” Here she goes again with the guilt trip.

“And it’s not exactly easy being in their shoes. Imagine, they’re laying their lives on the line just to protect yours….” Well, she does have a point.

“Alright! Fine! I’ll be nice,” I say and she shoots me a smile, pleased that I’m taking her advice.

“But there’s something I need to do first,” I say and lean back. I then smile as I think about the plan I have in mind.

--- 

“Dear, which skirt do you think’s better, this one or this one?” Min Young asks me as we stroll around the boutique. As my revenge, I decided to go shopping with Min Young with my bodyguards in tow. Though I decided to be ‘kind’ and act civil around them since Min Young’s right, it’s not their fault that they’re in this position of protecting me, I still am annoyed at Agent Song for teasing me yesterday. This will teach him not to talk to me like that again. And besides, I do need to shop for clothes to wear given that I have to appear to several events in the coming days. Plus, I missed shopping with my best friend, it’s always fun shopping with her.

“I think you should get them both. The bandage skirt looks sophisticated while that skater one can be paired with just anything,” I give my honest opinion. “You know our motto, when in doubt, it’s always better to buy both than regret,” I add then return to choosing my skirt. She nods and without hesitation, heads to the cashier to pay.

On bodyguard, the one that I think the other Agents keep calling Piccolo offers to carry the bag and Min Young is more than grateful to give it to him. I turn to my other bodyguards and see that each one of them has their own share of paper bags, which makes me smile as I turn around to head to the next store.

We have just visited five boutiques and we already have a lot of purchases, not that it’s unusual for us. We’re not really allowed to go to public places often that’s why in rare times that we’re allowed to go to the mall, we instantly grad the opportunity to buy whatever we want.

We’re still talking about the latest trends in fashion when Min Young’s phone rings. “It’s Hyo Joo,” she mouths and proceeds to answer the phone. About a minute later, she ends the call and shakes her head.

“She’s a bit upset that we didn’t tell her we were shopping,” she says and I’m about to say something when she continues. “I told her we weren’t planning to do this and that it was an impromptu decision.”

“And she understands?” I ask, curious of her answer and she nods then rolls her eyes.

“Luckily. You know how she gets sometimes,” she says and I smile. Yup, I understand. Hyo Joo can be really sensitive sometimes. “Anyway, let’s hit up VS! I heard there are new arrivals there,” she suggests and I immediately agree. This is just what I need to execute my revenge plan.

We’re at the entrance of the Victoria’s Secret store when I glance at the agents and see a hesitant yet surprised look on their faces. Min Young sees me smiling and she shakes her head at me.

“Gentlemen,” I say, calling their attention and they look at me, surprised. “Are you tired?” I ask as I notice them shifting from one foot to another, obviously exhausted from all the shopping we’ve been doing. You see, while for girls shopping is such a fun and exciting experience, it’s equivalent to a hardcore workout to guys.

“We are not, Miss,” Agent Song answers and I could read the protest on his men’s faces. It makes me want to laugh, but of course, I hold back.

“Are you sure?” I ask once again, prodding them.

“Yes, Miss,” he answers and I fight the urge to roll my eyes. Why do you always have to be so responsible Agent Song? Now you have to suffer.

“What about you guys?” I ask the others and they all look at me silently. Then one, the agent who seems to be struggling the most decides to speak up.

“Miss, asking permission to take a break, Miss,” he says, shifting the bags from one hand to another and Agent Song turns to him, obviously wanting to tell him off. I decide to speak up before he says anything.

“Permission granted,” I say and the agent releases a breath. “Who wants to go with him?” I ask, feeling like a teacher who’s asking her students who wants to visit the bathroom. When nobody decides to answer (maybe because they’re afraid that they’d be scolded by their superior), I decide to take charge.

“Okay, what about this. You all go for a break,” I say and Agent Jin steps up.

“But Miss, what about you? There will nobody left to guard you,” he says and I give him a gentle smile.

“Don’t worry about me. It’s not like anything’s going to happen.”

“But Miss.. we were instructed to…”

“Agent Song will stay with me, with us,” I say and this time, Agent Song returns his attention back to me.

“What? You said you were not tired? And besides, you’re skilled enough to defend me alone, aren’t you?” I ask innocently and he looks at me, shocked. “Will you stay with me, Agent Song?” I again ask and this time, he gives me an unreadable expression then finally resigns.

“Yes, Miss. I’ll stay with you,” he says before giving his bags to his men and turns briefly to instruct them.

“And there I thought you’re ready to forgive him,” Min Young whispers beside me and I give her a knowing smile. I briefed her through text about what happened yesterday. Thus, she knows why I have to do this. She knows I don’t like getting beaten.

“I am, well, I will be. After this,” I say and she laughs.

“You really are something, girlfriend. I hate to say this, but I like how you think,” she says and we both exchange high fives.

--- 

---

“I think I like this baby pink nightgown better,” I say as I compare it with the sky blue one of the same style.

“I think the same, too. You should get it,” Min Young says and I nod. I then turn to Agent Song who looks really uncomfortable being surrounded by all this lace nightgowns and lingerie.

“Agent Song,” I call him and it takes him a while to respond.

“Y-yes, Miss?” he asks as he approaches me.

“Can you hold this for a bit?” I ask nicely.

“W-what?” he asks, stuttering.

“Can you hold this as I look for another one?” I ask and he looks at the nightgown in my hand and blushes. Cute.

“O-okay,” he says and holds it as if it’s delicate while his cheeks burn red. I then smile as I turn around. Hye Kyo, 1 point.

A couple of nightgowns, pyjamas, robes, and with Agent Song’s face a few shades redder, I finally decide to let him go. But not after my finale.

“Ready to forgive him?” Min Young asks beside me.

“Not just yet,” I say with a smile and she shakes her head at me as I approach the guy too manly to be carrying in lacy garments behind us.

“Agent Song,” I say and he immediately becomes alert, holding out his hand to receive another one of my nightwear choices. I only laugh softly at him, which then surprises him that he looks at me, stunned. Poor guy.

“Can you ask the saleslady if they have this in the color?” I ask, holding out the bra that I’ve chosen. He looks at it then freezes.

“Agent Song,” I call his attention again and he looks at me, looking lost.

“W-who, w-what?” he stutters and I laugh. He blinks a few times.

“I asked you if you could ask the saleslady if they have this in the color,” I reiterate and he looks at me blankly.

“?” he pales a little. Aigoo, he’s so innocent.

“You know, like skin tone,” I say slowly as if I’m talking to a five year old.

“O-okay, Miss,” he says then shuffles to go to the saleslady. I’m still laughing when Min Young stands beside and laughs with me.

“Remind me never to get on your bad side, dear,” she says as we continue to watch as Agent Song warily faces the saleslady. 

 

Min Young’s on the phone and I, on the other hand, am still laughing at how cute Agent Song looked asking the saleslady for a colored bra while a group of ladies passed by him, looked at the nightgowns he was holding and giggled. He then bowed his head as if he wished to be anywhere else except that store at that moment. Finally taking pity on him, I decided to go to him and take charge. The grateful look he gave me was almost laughable but I just pretended not to notice so as not to embarrass him further.

“Who’s that?” I ask the moment she ends the call and gives me a worried look.

“Eomma. She’s asking help with something. She kept urging me to go home,” she says.

“So, why don’t you?” I ask her, not getting why she’s still not leaving.

“Well, we’re not done yet and I still need to accompany you to choose the right shoes to match your dress for the press conference.”

“It’s not important and besides I still have a lot of pairs of shoes in my closet. I’m sure there’s something in there that would match it. Now go,” I reason out but see that she’s still not giving in.

“Dear, you already wore those.”

“And so? Does that mean I can’t wear them a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter