Sweet nothings

The Agent and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

---

*SHK’s POV*

“Finally! You show yourself,” Min Young says the moment I arrive at the oval running track and I roll my eyes before giving her a hug.

“Been busy, sorry,” I say while adjusting my jogging outfit which comprises of a racerback shirt covered with a jacket, fitting leggings which stops just below the knees and running shoes and she gives in. I initially opted for running shorts, which was usually Min Young and mine’s go to outfit whenever we do afternoon jogs like this, but apparently, Joong Ki wasn’t too fond of it. He kept asking if that was what I really was going to wear while waiting for the car and after the nth time, I got tired of hearing him ask that that I went back to my room and changed.

“Fine. You’re lucky I missed you,” she says, surprisingly ditching the running shorts in exchange for a pair of stretchy leggings which is a bit similar with mine. However, unlike me, she isn’t wearing a jacket.

“I missed you, too,” I second. “And besides, I do need to work out. Saunas and yogas can get a bit boring sometimes,” I tell her while starting to stretch and she smiles. “Where’s Hyo Joo? And Ji Won? Aren’t they going to join us?”

“Well, Ji Won has to get ready for a date. While Hyo Joo, can you believe that she’s also conducting a fundraiser like you for an organization?” she says and I look at her, surprised. Hyo Joo is? Well, that’s good. Although I didn’t know about that until now. “Wah. You guys are going to be hailed as Modern Day Mother Theresas,” she snickers and I shake my head at her.

“So, game?” she says, probably thinking that we’ve had enough stretching and warm up, raising a brow and after sparing a glimpse of both her and my bodyguards, who are standing behind us, I smile, accepting the challenge.

“Game,” I say and we start racing one another just like what we always do. After one round of running nonstop around the oval, we start panting then stop, noticing that four of our bodyguards who were trailing behind us were catching their breaths, too, looking somewhat shocked. Min Young and I glance at one another then laugh. Seems like they didn’t expect us to run that fast.

“Here, Miss,” Joong Ki, the ever-attentive-boyfriend offers me a bottle of water and I shake my head to decline. He looks at me, confused.

“Not just yet, Agent Song. We were just warming up,” I say and Min Young laughs behind me as we both hear Harry Potter and Piccolo as well as two of her bodyguards groaning in disbelief.

“What? That was just a warm up?” we hear one of them saying.

“Don’t tell me you guys are giving up?” Min Young asks. “And there I thought you had rigorous training in the military,” she mocks and I shake my head at her.

“Round two?” I say and she nods at me gamely. Oh how we just love surprising people. If only Ji Won and Hyo Joo were here, this would have been more fun.

“Sure,” she says as we start racing once again.

Several minutes later, I feel my legs burning and my heart beating faster. Adrenaline is coursing through my veins, and though panting, I couldn’t deny that I’m enjoying this. I almost forgot this feeling. After all, it’s been a while since we’ve done this.

After realizing that our bodyguards are a few feet away from us, looking exhausted and harassed, we decide to slow down and walk briskly, to catch our breaths.

“So… spill,” she says out of nowhere and I look at her, confused.

“What?” I breathe, still panting and she rolls her eyes.

“Duh?! You’re supposed to tell me something, remember? Something which I’m fairly positive involves someone who’s been looking after you like a hawk since the moment we got here,” she says proudly and I couldn’t help but shake my head. “I’m correct, am I not? I must be, I’m absolutely sure,” she adds and this time I blush. She got me there. Ugh I can’t ever keep a secret from my best friend. She knows me too well.

“Figures,” she says, laughing while I just watch her. “So… tell me about it. How did he ask you to become his girlfriend? Was it a knight in shining armor move, or…”

“Actually, it was me who first confessed,” I say and she looks at me with wide eyes.

“What?” she asks shocked and I nod. Then she laughs. “I never thought you’d be too bold. But then again, you’re THE Song Hye Kyo. You can do anything.”

“I know, right? I was surprised of myself, too,” I tell her honestly. “But after our talk, I went thinking and realized that you were right.”

“I always am,” she interjects.

“Fine. And well, when he came to my room to inspect, I confronted him and out of the blue, I just confessed,” I say, leaving out the part of me kissing him. If my best friend knows, I’d never hear the end of it.

“And?” she asks, actually curious.

“He didn’t believe me and even distanced himself from me for a few days, well until Dong Wook came. Seems like he got jealous,” I say, laughing at the memory. “Well, when I come to think of it, Dong Wook was kind of charming and some might’ve mistook him for making a pass at me, but he’s just friendly. That’s just his nature.

“But unlike me, that wasn’t how Joong Ki perceived it. Turns out he was already getting jealous of me and Dong Wook getting close. He even got so restless when Dong Wook, his friend and I went out that when I came home and had a shower, he came barreling inside my room towards me and kissed me,” I say.

“Omo! He did?” Min Young gasps, her hands shooting towards . I nod. “Well, jealousy is always the key for one to confess. That, my friend was a knight in shining armor move,” she says and I nod again in agreement. “Anyway, how is he as a boyfriend? Do your parents know yet?”

“Hmm, not yet. We’re still planning on keeping this a secret until all these stress about the elections dies down,” I say and she nods in understanding. Of course she’s been there, too, a couple of times. “It’s only you, Dong Wook, his friend Da Hae and Joong Ki’s family who know.”

“And regarding your first question, well, he’s the sweetest,” I say, and she looks at me as if prodding me to go on. “He’s attentive and understanding. I love that I can talk about anything with him. It’s like I can be real with him, the same way he’s real with me.”

“Aww, I’m so happy for you dearie. I hope we can go on a double date with my Chang Wook soon,” she says and I find myself think. I hope so, too. That sounds like fun, but not now. It would attract a lot of interest. ‘The first daughter and the daughter of a senator, out on a date with their boyfriends,’ it would grace several news and magazines the next day I’m sure.

“Anyway, how far did you two go?” she asks and I look at her confused.

“What?” What does she mean by that?

“Have you kissed? Or did you do more than just that? Covering second, third base and all?” she asks and I blush.

“Ya! What are you talking about?!” I say and she laughs then gives me a scolding expression.

“Ya. Don’t act as if you haven’t kissed. Because from the way you’re blushing…” she couldn’t finish her sentence anymore as she starts giggling once again.

“Whatever!” I say, running ahead of her to escape her teasing. A few seconds later, I turn around to face her. “Although we did kiss… a couple of times,” I say, smiling and excited with my answer, she squeals and chases after me while I increase my speed.

Finally, she catches after me, panting. “You’re so bold, girlfriend. No wonder he’s so googly eyed on you,” she says and I laugh.

“Really now,” I say intrigued as an idea forms in my mind. “Why don’t we try that one out,” I say as we start approaching the rest of our entourage. I'm still annoyed at him for making me change earlier anyway. This is to get back at him.

“I’d love that,” she says playfully and we exchange knowing smiles. Game on.

“Water, Miss?” Joong Ki offers, smiling politely the moment we stop and this time, I accept it, but not before giving Min Young another glance.

“Wait, can you hold this for a sec?” I say, handing him back the bottle while I try to fix my ponytail. It’s not that messy yet, but since Min Young and I are playing a game here, I might as well play well. Besides, I read somewhere that guys like it when they see girls fixing their hair, especially when they hold it up.

I exaggeratedly fix my hair, tilting my head and extending my neck attractively as I do so while feeling Joong Ki’s eyes burning on me. I pretend not to notice anyway, trying to hide my smirk, but failing when I notice that he unconsciously swallows, his smile fading.

“You okay, Agent Song?” I ask, not really waiting for his answer. “Ugh. Why is it suddenly so hot here..” I say, fanning myself while tilting my neck, exposing it slightly to him and he squirms. Two points, Hye Kyo.

“I think I need that bottle of water now,” I say and he silently hands it to me while beads of sweat start to form on his forehead.

I drink from my bottle, feeling refreshed as I feel the water flow down my throat and sigh in content. I then open my eyes only to notice Joong Ki looking flushed in front of me. Okay, we’re succeeding. But I’m not done. Not just yet.

I hand him back that half empty bottle which he silently receives. “N-need anything else, Miss?” he stutters. I smile. “Should we go home now?” he asks, gesturing and making a move towards the car as if he just couldn’t wait to go home. Nuh-uh, Agent Song. I’m not done yet.

“Nope. One more round,” I say and the bodyguards who have just arrived from running laps around the oval groan.

“Actually, here,” I say, shrugging out of my jacket to reveal my pink racerback and his eyes widen. He seems to want to protest again, but remembers that he’s in no place to do so. “I think I won’t be needing this for now. It’s getting hot anyway,” I say, handing him my jacket while he looks at me, dumbfounded. Also noting his reaction, my best friend laughs, approving my antic and gives me a high five. Victory, Hye Kyo.

“Ready?” she asks, still laughing.

“Always,” I say as we start running again, four manly bodyguards behind us groaning in exhaustion while one stands frozen in place, still too shocked to move. Poor Joong Ki. Anyway, this is always how it is with Min Young and me and he asked me to be his girlfriend, he might as well deal with it.

A few meters later, we look back and notice that it’s a new set of bodyguards trailing after us. Surprisingly, Joong Ki is among them. He has probably recovered from shock, I think to myself.

“Looks like lover boy has decided to join us,” Min Young says beside me.

“Let him. Let’s see how long he can last us,” I say and shrugging it off, we again increase our speed. Aigoo, jogging is so much fun.

--- 

*SJK’s POV*

I adjust my suit as I prepare to do my rounds. I’m not usually like this, I don’t really care about how I look, but it’s not like I had someone to look good for. This time it’s different, I now find myself caring whether I look okay or not, whether I smell or I don’t. I feel like a high school kid trying to impress his crush in school. But it’s not like I’ve experienced that since instead of developing crushes back in school, I chose to bury myself in books and reading.

I know some might find it funny that I’m only experiencing all this can’t sleep, can’t think straight, always giddy kind of love, but I don’t really care – I’m happy, and I finally got together with the woman I’ve set my eyes on. That’s what matter more.

Seeming to think that I look okay, I go out of my room to do my rounds, starting with three of the guest rooms first while ignoring the headache which had been bothering me since the moment we got back to the Blue House. I can rest later, but for now, I need to see my woman especially after that prank she pulled on me earlier.

I didn’t know she could run that fast. I just stood there watching her, amazed as she ran several rounds around the running track with Ms. Min Young, not even showing how tired they were. They were catching their breaths, sure, but they looked as if they were enjoying unlike the other agents who were tasked to run with them. Seems like years spent in training didn’t prepare them for an afternoon run with the first President and her best friend. Maybe that’s what she meant when she said she has her ways to stay fit.

I handed her a bottle of water, anticipating that she may need it, but what I wasn’t prepared for was how y she looked when she drank it. Even with her looking sweaty and her hair messy, she still looked utterly beautiful. I still remember how tense I felt when she removed her jacket and handed it to me. If she looked y all covered up before, well, right then she looked even ier without her jacket on.

I wanted to tell her to wear it, but I couldn’t find the words to tell her. Heck, I couldn’t even find it in me to move since I was too stunned by the sight to even move a muscle even as she exchanged high fives with Ms. Min Young and went for another round. Well, until I heard the other agents groaning behind me, exasperated that they have to run with them another round.

I was about to scold them, but upon realizing that the first daughter and her friend were already meters away from us without security, I just motioned towards Wolf and Agent Ji, the one leading Ms. Min Young’s security and who I only have gotten acquainted to since the moment we arrived at the stadium (he said Ms. Min Young doesn’t usually bring security with her, but since she’s jogging outdoors and with all the threats people from the senate have been receiving since the elections are near, Senator Park had to send them to accompany her) to join me in accompanying them in their jog. Understanding one another even without words, they nodded and started to jog along with me, staying near so as to ensure our wards’ safety but also keeping a safe distance so as to provide privacy since Hye Kyo once told me that one of the reasons she hates having security is that her privacy is always breached.

We kept jogging with them for a few minutes until the ladies finally got tired and called it a night. The jog ended at 7:04pm.

Finally finished with the other rooms, I then head towards her room, taking a deep breath before knocking.

“Come in!” I hear her faintly say from the other side and I decide to finally come in, only to be greeted by a warm hug the moment I close the door. I smile, it’s always like this every night. We may not get to spend time with or sometimes acknowledge each other during the day (she seemed to have realized that I was partially right to stay professional since people might get suspicious when we get too friendly with each other especially since we weren’t that friendly before), but at night, we get to have time for one another, even just for 10-15 minutes. We have set a time limit so as not to get others suspicious and decided that 10 minutes is enough, 15 the most.

I usually get greeted with a smile, a kiss or a hug. I blush upon remembering that time when I was caught completely off-guard when, the moment I closed the door, she ‘attacked’ me with a kiss. Stopping myself from thinking about that passionate kiss further, I shake my head lightly and hug her in return.

She then pulls slightly away to look at me, smiling.

“Hi,” she says and just seeing her beautiful face up-close makes my heart race.

“Hi,” I breathe, still couldn’t believe that this girl is mine.

“Had a tough day?” she asks, raising a brow and I sigh before frowning. She laughs.

“That wasn’t so nice, what you did earlier,” I say, almost whining, causing her to laugh more. Instead of answering me, she takes me by the hand and leads me to the couch to sit, like we always do. Yes, we may share a kiss or two, but most of the time’s usually spent lounging in this chair with my arm around waist and her head leaning against my shoulder as we talk about a lot of things - her day, my day, how she feels now that the day of judgment is getting near, my favorite books and a lot more.

It’s amazing to say that despite me thinking that I know her, she still finds a way to surprise me. I didn’t know that she used to like collecting post cards when she was little. “I wanted to see the world but we didn’t get the chance to travel a lot before since my father was always busy. Right then, that was my way of ‘seeing other places,’” she told me with a fond smile, I smiled in return, then told her that I used to do the same, too whenever my parents and I went to other places, but stopped when I kept losing my cards and of course when my family started breaking down.

“Sorry about that,” she says as she finds her usual spot on my shoulder and settles there while she wounds one arm around my waist then sighs. “Min Young and I were just talking about you and decided to play,” she adds and I crane my neck to look at her.

“You told her?” I ask, remembering how, at the end of the jog, Ms. Min Young passed by me and surprisingly patted me on the back.

“Take care of her, Agent Song,” I remember her saying.

Hye Kyo just hums in affirmation. “She’s my best friend after all and she’d give me hell if I didn’t. And besides, she’s already convinced that there’s something going on between us even before I told her,” she says, laughing.

“Is she mad?” I ask cautiously.

“Mad? Why?”

“Well, I’m not exactly like the guys you usually deal with. I’m just your…” I start but she cuts me off, pulling away slightly to look at me.

“When will you ever stop looking down on yourself?” she asks then sighs. “and besides, she’s not that kind of person. And mind you, she thinks we look good together,” she adds and this time, I look at her, surprised.

“She does?” I ask and she nods.

“Uh-huh. She even wants us to go on a double date, the moment all these election hassles die down,” she says.

“And anyway, what I did earlier was also to punish you,” she says and I look down on her, confused. What is she talking about? “I was still annoyed at you for making me change clothes,” she says, frowning and understanding dawns on me. Oh, right. That.

“But what you were wearing was too short!”

“They’re called running shorts for a reason,” she rolls her eyes. “And besides, that’s what Min Young and I usually wear when we run.”

“But still. Didn’t you know how hard it was not to focus on your.. uh. I mean…” I flush, stuttering. “That outfit you changed into was revealing enough. I had to stop myself from scolding the other agents from ogling you while you were running. I can’t imagine how else they would react seeing you in those shorts or how I would react to them behaving like that. I might be charged with abuse of power or giving unreasonable punishments,” I add, defending myself.

“And what was that about, removing your jacket in the middle of a run? Aigoo, do you like torturing me or do want me to be kicked out from my position?” I whine while she laughs. I scowl.

“Sorry, boyfriend. We were just playing,” she says, still laughing but I continue scowling. She laughs more the leans in to plant a gentle peck on my lips. That stops me. I look at her, surprised. “Sorry, I won’t do that again. Forgive me?” she asks cutely and I take a deep breath before sighing. This woman knows how to negotiate. And she knows me tol well.

“Fine,” I say, sighing and after her laughter dies down, she leans against me once again, while I, too, lean my head against hers, sighing contentedly. “You’re lucky I love you,” I blurt out, blushing the moment I realize what I just said and she, too, seems a bit surprised. We don’t usually say that, but when we do, it always feels like the first time.
She smiles. “I know, and I love you, too,” she says and we gaze at each other for a while, only breaking eye contact when the throbbing in my head comes back, making me wince unconsciously.
“Are you okay?” she asks worriedly.
“Yes, it’s just a little headache,” I answer, fighting the urge to ru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter