The President's Daughter

The Agent and I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Thank you.

I follow as instructed then close my eyes before releasing a sigh. I look around me and see that other first class passengers are doing the same. Any minute from now, we are going to land. Any minute from now, I will be back to the life I turned my back on a few years ago, the life I started to hate since I was young and am hating even more now that I have become a lady.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have landed. Welcome to Incheon International Airport, the time is 2pm.

A few minutes later, the plane has finally finished landing and everyone takes a moment to relax before getting their bags and preparing to exit while I find myself staring at the scene outside my window.

A lavish lifestyle. A lot of friends. A perfect life. That’s what people think I have, people who only know me from afar, people who assume that I’m living the dream. But the fact is, only a few know me well and only those few know that I’m not actually fond of the life I’m living. That it’s not exactly easy being me. That despite all the perks it brings, there are actually a lot of downsides of being the President’s daughter.

As soon as I step out of the doors, I’m pretty sure to be surrounded by dozens of bodyguards while being bombarded by flashes of cameras and over-eager reporters wanting to get the latest scoop. I know I should be used to it by now, being exposed to all these ever since I was eight, but no. I still don’t like being followed around by paparazzi and I certainly don’t like having my privacy invaded.

“Excuse me, Miss Song. Your entourage is ready,” the flight stewardess says and I give her a brief nod before readying myself to face the life I once escaped from. With one last check on my wardrobe and one deep breath, I plaster the smile I have mastered wearing for years. The smile which has fooled many and sometimes even myself.

---

“Welcome back, Young Miss,” lines of helpers and bodyguards formally greet me the moment I arrive at the Presidential residence also known as the Blue House. I am about to respond to them when Min Ji, happily barges towards me.

“Young Miss, you’re finally here. Oh my, you look as lovely as ever,” she gushes and I give her a warm smile. Being the daughter of Mrs. Choi, one of our trusted helpers even from when Appa still wasn’t into politics and only a few years older than me, we have gotten along quite well. And when we were young, since I wasn’t allowed to go out often and meet new friends, we became playmates and eventually turned into friends.

“I’m glad to see you again, too, Min Ji,” I say then lean in closer. “I actually brought a few things for you, especially your favorite.”

“My favorite? Chocolates?” she asks, delighted and when I nod, she squeals then immediately realizes her mistake that she covers and I smile.

“But before that, where’s Appa and Eomma?” I ask. Given their busy schedule, and for security purposes, they were not able to fetch me from the airport. The elections are fast approaching and my father decided to run again for his last term. And despite the immense support he’s getting from people who believe in him, there are those who were not glad to hear the news, especially people who aim to run for power. Threats have been made, though anonymously, and our lives have been put into danger. Thus the reason I had to come home. Apparently, being abroad did not exempt me from such threats.

At first, I was opposed to the idea of coming back to Korea for my parents to keep a closer eye on me. I could take care of myself, I liked to tell them and I believed so, too, until the apartment I was staying in burst into flames in the middle of the night. Luckily, I was able to escape with minimal injury. I was thinking that it was only caused by faulty wirings, but then the investigation concluded that the incident was calculated and the main target was my room.

That got my parents to panic and I was left with no other choice but to obey. I boarded the first plane back to Korea as soon as arrangements were made.

“Oh, they’re at the patio talking to someone, I think. But they’ve been waiting for you,” Min Ji says and I no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter