Be Mine?

SaTzu One-Shots

It’s Valentine’s Day. Sana couldn’t think of a better time to woo her beloved coworker, Tzuyu. Sana and Tzuyu have been office buddies for many years. Over the course of these years, Tzuyu’s sweet and polite attitude has resulted in Sana forming a little crush on the younger girl. Sana believes that Tzuyu is the one for her; she’s nice, hardworking, understanding, and just about every other positive characteristic you could think of.

It’s been way too long since Sana’s developed her admiration for Tzuyu. She’s ready to pursue her now. With the help of the lovely aura that Valentine’s Day emits, Sana decided to start doing little things for Tzuyu. She wanted Tzuyu to know how much she likes her. Once Tzuyu picks up on these little hints, Sana will make Tzuyu hers. After that, they will have a wonderful Valentine’s Day and live happily ever after.

Sana hopes that this plan of hers will go smoothly. But honestly, when has anything in life gone smoothly for her?

Right now, it’s about 7:00 A.M. in the office. Sana showed up a little earlier than usual to sneak a few homemade sandwiches in Tzuyu’s desk. She knows Tzuyu always looks into her desk first before doing anything else; that’s where she places the papers that she’s been working on the night before.

Sana took a sticky note from Tzuyu’s desk and wrote her own name on it before sticking it onto the plastic wrap. Sana examined her sandwiches once more before closing the desk’s drawer. She patted the desk before smiling to herself in satisfaction.

Perfect.

Sana walked to her own desk, which isn’t far from Tzuyu’s. The office’s doors opened and a few people piled in. Sana shook in anticipation as she saw her beloved Tzuyu walk in.

God is so unfair for creating only ONE perfect human on earth.

Tzuyu’s eyes locked with Sana’s and she smiled. Sana could hear her heart beating faster as Tzuyu walked towards her desk. She placed her bag on Sana’s desk and drummed her fingers lightly on it.

“Good morning, Sana.”

“Yes!” Sana nodded before scrunching her face into a ‘what the hell did I just say’ expression. “I mean, good morning to you too! I don’t know why I said ‘yes’, I’m a little off today. That was such a weird response, who says ‘yes’ as a response to ‘good morning’? I’m so weird-”

Tzuyu giggled and patted Sana’s head. “You’re babbling.”

Sana ducked her head in embarrassment. “Sorry.”

“Don’t be.” Tzuyu winked. She took a step back and flung her bag over her shoulder again. Sana felt herself grow nervous.

Is she going to her desk now? She’s going to see my sandwiches. I hope she likes them… I don’t know what I’ll do it-

“Who made these awesome-looking sandwiches?!”

Everyone in the office turned their head to the source of the sound. Sana felt her eye twitch when the person holding her sandwiches was not Tzuyu. It was her other coworker, Momo.

What the-

“Oh, it’s from Sana!” Momo happily showed off her sticky note. “Thank you so much!” Momo got up and gave Sana a big hug. Sana felt herself choke on her own spit.

“Uh, it’s not really for you-”

“I’m going to eat them all right now!” Momo skipped back to her desk and began munching on the sandwiches.

“But they’re-”

“Wow, you’re really nice, Sana,” Tzuyu praised with a small smile. “You’re always so nice.”

Sana looked disappointingly at Momo. “But that desk-”

“Is that why you gave her the sandwiches? To welcome Momo to her new desk?” Tzuyu tilted her head.

What?” Sana blinked.

“Yeah, don’t you remember? You were there. I traded desks with Momo yesterday because she didn’t like facing the window.” Tzuyu patted Sana’s back, causing Sana to shiver. “You’re so thoughtful. Giving Momo food is a really nice thing to do. We all know how much she loves food.”

“Those sandwiches were suppose to-”

“These are awesome! You’re amazing Sana!” Crumbs shot out of Momo’s mouth as she complimented Sana.

Sana looked at Momo in disgust. “T-That’s nice to hear.” Sana turned back to Tzuyu and placed a hand on her broad shoulder. “Those sandwiches were suppose to be for-”

“Oh!” Tzuyu looked down at her watch. “I have to send a report in soon. Sorry Sana, we can talk again later. I have to put my stuff away and work immediately!” Tzuyu smiled apologetically at Sana before she rushed into the employee locker room.

Sana sighed.

Great, just great.

Momo burped loudly. Many of the workers shook their head. Momo has always been a loud eater. She lifted up two big thumbs up towards Sana. “Thanks again!”

Sana showed a fake smile and nodded her head. “You’re not welcome,” she muttered to herself.

“What was that?” Momo snapped her head towards Sana.

“Nothing.” Sana shook her head. She dropped her head onto her hands and groaned.

This is a bad start.

______________________________________________________________________

 

Sana isn’t going to mess up this time. During her lunch break, she bought a bouquet of pink roses. She secretly broke into Tzuyu’s locker and carefully placed the flowers there. She knew she didn’t mess up this time. She clearly remembers that Tzuyu’s locker was right next to her’s. There is no reason for Tzuyu to switch lockers with anyone. Sana left a note attached to the roses that read ‘These flowers are as beautiful as you, but you’re probably more beautiful - Sana’.

She’s going to love them.

After Sana placed the flowers into Tzuyu’s locker, she went back to her desk and nervously watched Tzuyu work. It’s almost time for Tzuyu’s 15 minute break; she usually goes to her locker to retrieve money to buy some snacks.

Sana sighed dreamily as she studied every detail on Tzuyu’s gorgeous face. She giggled quietly as she watched Tzuyu’s forehead scrunch up in frustration.

She’s such a hard worker.

Sana suddenly sat up in her seat when she saw Tzuyu stand up. She started to pretend she was reading some documents. Sana didn’t want Tzuyu to know that she was creepily watching her work.

Tzuyu walked by Sana’s desk, which is on the way to the employee locker room. She paused near Sana and laughed. Sana was super confused; she wasn’t doing anything funny.

“What are you doing?” Tzuyu asked with a smirk.

“I-I’m reading,” Sana replied. Isn’t it obvious what she was doing?

Tzuyu shook her head in amusement and grabbed Sana’s papers from her hands, flipping them over. “I didn’t know you could read stuff upside down.”

Sana felt her cheeks heat up. “Oh-”

“You’re adorable.” Tzuyu patted Sana’s chair before continuing her way to her locker. She watched as Mina, another office worker, walk with Tzuyu to the locker room. She felt jealous that they were going to spend their break together, but it’s okay. Tzuyu will be her’s soon, not Mina’s.

Sana watched the two carefully. Her eyes widened when she saw Tzuyu open the locker that was to the right of Sana’s locker. Her eyes widened even more when she realized that Mina was opening the locker that was to the left of Sana’s.

Oh me-

“Oh! Who left these roses here?” Mina carefully pulled the beautiful bouquet from her locker. She blushed when she read the note. She looked towards the office area and awkwardly waved at Sana. “T-Thank you for the gift and compliment Sana, but you know I’m dating-”

Sana stood up. “No Mina! It’s all a misunderstanding! I was-”

“Yeah Mina, Sana probably gave those to you as a friendly gift, you shouldn’t assume that she placed them there for romantic reasons,” Tzuyu interrupted, defending Sana.

“Yes, you’re right.” Mina dropped her head. She looked back up at Sana and smiled. “Thank you for the flowers, I was having a pretty rough time with my work, so this was a nice surprise.”

Sana clenched her fists and forced out a smile. “N-No problem.” Her eyes twitched as Mina placed Tzuyu’s roses back into her locker.

“Two gifts in one day! You’re on a roll!” Tzuyu softly nudged Sana. “You do such nice things for your friends. I’m jealous of your future lover already. You’ll probably shower them with so much gifts and love.”

Oh baby, you don’t need to be jealous.

“I-”

“C’mon Tzuyu, we don’t have much time left, let’s go buy snacks from the vending machine.” Mina pointed out the door and walked out, gesturing for Tzuyu to follow her. Tzuyu gave Sana a thumbs up before following Mina. Sana bit the inside of her cheeks in frustration.

Are you kidding me?

Sana banged her head against the lockers over and over again.

“Dammit!”

Sana felt someone touch her shoulder and she turned around angrily. “What?!”

Nayeon, Sana’s superior, flinched back. “What crawled up your ? I need you to file some of these reports for me.” Nayeon shoved a few folders into Sana’s hands before walking away. She suddenly stopped and turned around to face Sana. “Don’t bang your head against those lockers anymore, I already had to get them repaired during the time Dahyun and Chaeyoung thought it was a good idea to play racquetball against it.

“Y-Yes ma’am.” Sana bowed. Nayeon huffed before stalking into her office.

Sana gripped the folders tightly and moaned in agony. “Why does the universe hate me? I’ve already messed up two attempts of wooing Tzuyu!”

Sana groaned again and smacked the back of her head against the lockers.

“Minatozaki Sana!” Nayeon shouted from her office.

“Sorry!”

______________________________________________________________________

 

It’s okay, Sana had some other plans prepared. It was almost time to for everyone to leave the office. Sana knew that Tzuyu usually leaves last; she took advantage of this knowledge by preparing a cute little surprise for her.

Sana exited the office doors and walked towards the elevator. She waved at Tzuyu, who was still packing up.

“You’re going to be okay with closing up the office?” Sana asked as she pressed the button for the elevator to arrive.

“Yeah, I do it most days anyways,” Tzuyu answered, still placing items into her bag. “You can go ahead, I’ll be fine here alone.” Tzuyu looked up and cutely waved at Sana.

“Okay~” Sana hopped into the elevator. She stood excitedly as the elevator slowly closed its doors. She almost squealed when she saw Tzuyu wink at her right before the doors shut tight.

So cute.

Sana quickly dug into her purse and pulled out a big card that says ‘Thank you for everything you do here! I really admire you and your work! You’re such an amazing, thoughtful, hard worker~ - Sana’.

Sana taped the card onto the elevator’s walls. When the elevator reached the bottom floor, Sana walked out of it and sat on a bench that faced the elevator.

This plan can’t fail. Tzuyu is going to be the only person in that elevator and she’s going to see my thoughtful card. She’s going to get all cute and embarrassed~

Sana stared hard at the elevator doors. She couldn’t wait to see Tzuyu come out of it, clutching her nicely decorated card.

Sana froze when the elevator doors opened. She saw Tzuyu alright, but she also saw Jeongyeon, the building’s security guard. She felt her whole body tense when she realized that Jeongyeon was holding her card. She sadly watched Tzuyu awkwardly comfort a crying Jeongyeon. After they walked out of the elevator, Jeongyeon noticed Sana and gave her a big bear hug.

“Thank you so much for the kind words! It makes me so happy to hear that someone appreciates my work around here!” Jeongyeon sobbed violently onto Sana’s shoulder. Tzuyu walked closed to them and wrapped her arms around them.

“There, there.” Tzuyu rubbed Jeongyeon’s back. “Everyone here appreciates what you do for us.” Tzuyu smiled admirably at Sana. “You’re so thoughtful. It was nice of you to write a card for Jeongyeon. She doesn’t get praised enough.” Tzuyu pulled out a napkin and dabbed Sana’s wet shoulder after Jeongyeon removed herself from Sana.

“I guess…” Sana closed her eyes for a few seconds.

I’m going to have an aneurysm if other people keep taking Tzuyu’s gifts from her.

Jeongyeon thanked Sana once more before walking away with the card. Sana sighed heavily. Tzuyu noticed Sana’s sad face and her back soothingly.

“Why the long face?”

“This day hasn’t gone so well for me,” Sana admitted. She almost just wants to tell Tzuyu that those gifts were all meant for her, but she decided that she’ll just let Tzuyu think that she’s a nice coworker.

“Really? That’s horrible to hear.” Tzuyu frowned and gently held Sana’s chin. “Look on the bright side, you made many people’s day today with your kindness. I wish I was as nice as you.”

Sana beamed from the compliment and the skin contact. “Yeah, I guess I did.”

“You absolutely did.” Tzuyu softly patted Sana’s cheeks. “You’re awesome.”

Sana giggled and looked down. “Thanks.”

Tzuyu held out her arm and straightened her back. “May I have the honor of escorting you to your car?”

Sana playfully poked Tzuyu before locking her arms with her’s. Tzuyu and Sana walked into the parking lot. Tzuyu let go of Sana as she got into her car. Sana sat patiently as she watched Tzuyu get into her own car. They both waved at each other before driving away from the office building.

Sana arrived to her apartment in record time. She couldn’t wait to fall into her bed and just whine about her day to herself. She couldn’t believe that all her plans went wrong. Valentine’s Day is about to end soon. Sana suddenly ran back out her door and into her car.

“No, I’m not going to end my goal of making Tzuyu mine just because of a few setbacks. It’s Valentine’s Day, goddammit!” Sana drove to where Tzuyu’s apartment complex was located. She’s been there a few times for dinner. She practically burned the address into her memory.

Sana has never driven so fast before. She quickly arrived at Tzuyu’s apartment complex and rushed inside. She ran up the stairs to the ninth floor; she couldn’t wait for the damn elevator.

Sana ran towards the front of Tzuyu’s door and knocked loudly.

“Hey! It’s Sana…” Sana panted before taking a deep breath. She was going to confess clearly and confidently. “I really like you! I’ve had a crush on you for so many years! I admire everything you do. You’re someone I can see myself with for a very long time! Please give me a chance, I would love nothing more than to take you out on a day tonight. It’s Valentine’s Day, why don’t we make the most of what is left of it?”

Sana took a large intake of breath.

“Will you be mine?”

Sana heard the person on the other side of the door gasp.

Okay, she heard everything.

The door slowly opened and Sana was greeted with a crying stranger.

Oh. My. God.

“I-I don’t know who you are, but yes! I would love to give you a chance!” The random girl hugged Sana tightly.

“Oh, no no no-” Sana tried to pry the strange woman off of her.

“Sana?”

Sana turned around quickly and saw Tzuyu.

“This isn’t your apartment?!” Sana whined.

“No… That’s Jihyo’s, my good neighbor. I’ve always lived in this apartment,” Tzuyu smiled sympathetically at Sana. She realized what Sana has been trying to do all day.

“Let’s go out right now! I can’t believe some random person confessed to me on Valentine’s Day!” Jihyo spazzed, holding Sana’s hand tightly. Sana looked between Tzuyu and Jihyo over and over, not sure what to say.

“I… Err…”

Tzuyu chuckled and decided to help Sana out.

“Jihyo, I think her little speech was for me, not you… sorry,” Tzuyu clarified for Sana. Sana’s snapped her head towards Tzuyu.

“So you heard everything? I don’t need to repeat myself?” Sana sighed in relief.

“Yes, I heard everything.” Tzuyu smiled.

Jihyo groaned and let go of Sana, shoving her towards Tzuyu. She depressingly walked back into her apartment, leaving the two lovebirds alone. Clumsy Sana tripped over her own feet and fell into Tzuyu’s arms.

But hey, no complaints here.

Tzuyu held Sana close to her and smelled her nicely scented hair. “I would love to go on a date with you. I’ve liked you for a while too, Sana. I’ll admit, I was a bit heartbroken when I saw that you left so many people gifts on Valentine’s Day. I really thought you just decided to shower our coworkers with loving gifts.”

Sana shook her head vigorously against Tzuyu’s neck. “No, they were all for you, but I didn’t have the heart to tell all my gift-stealers that.”

“Because you’re too kind.” Tzuyu combed her fingers through Sana’s long hair. “That’s what I admire most about you.”

Sana let out a happy squeal and hugged Tzuyu tighter. “You don’t know how happy I am to hear that you like me too…”

“I’m sure I’m the happier one here,” Tzuyu replied, squeezing Sana. “I’m the one that was confessed to first.”

“I’m glad I mustered up the courage to do this,” Sana said, proud of herself.

“I’m glad you did too,” Tzuyu whispered. Sana couldn’t help but wiggle her body in delight.

“Be mine?” Sana asked quietly.

“Only if you will be mine,” Tzuyu replied. Sana nodded quickly and attached herself even more to Tzuyu.

This is a dream come true.

“Are you ready to spend the rest of Valentine’s Day together? We can go watch a movie, go for a walk, anything,” Sana spoke against Tzuyu’s neck.

Tzuyu’s body trembled from Sana’s warm breath. “I was born ready.” Tzuyu closed her door behind her and wrapped an arm around Sana’s shoulders. She and Sana walked a few feet before Sana stopped. Tzuyu looked down at her confused.

“What’s wrong?”

“I feel bad for your neighbor. She was so happy when she thought I was confessing to her. Now she’s spending Valentine’s Day by herself…” Sana said guiltily.

“Hmm,” Tzuyu hummed. “Do you mind having another third-wheel today? Just one last time?”

Sana shook her head. “I don’t mind. It’s a reoccurring theme today anyways.”

Tzuyu smiled at Sana before leading her back to Jihyo’s door. Tzuyu barely knocked on it before it slammed open.

“Yes?”

“Would you like to hang out with us? We didn’t want to leave you lonely on Valentine’s Day,” Tzuyu offered. Jihyo’s eyes widened (if that’s even possible) and ran to grab her coat. She jogged out her door and slammed it shut.

“Let’s go!”

Tzuyu and Sana laughed at Jihyo’s excitement. Tzuyu pulled Sana close and kissed her forehead.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Sana.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Tzuyu.” Sana pecked Tzuyu’s nose. They were about to bring their faces close together before Jihyo butted in.

“Happy Valentine’s Day guys!” Jihyo shoved herself between the blooming couple and wrapped her arms around them. She excitedly shoved the two towards the elevator. Sana and Tzuyu looked at each other with longing eyes behind Jihyo’s head.

They both sighed.

They already regretted letting a third wheel tag along with them.

Oh well, at least I’m ending Valentine’s Day the way I wanted to; with my beloved Tzuyu.