An Extravagant Party

SaTzu One-Shots

Today is February 1st. Twenty years ago, Jihyo’s mother squeezed baby Jihyo out of her womb on this exact day. Such a glorious day that was. Even the doctors remember that day; they could never forget Jihyo’s loud crying.

Jihyo’s friends decided to throw her a costume party, mainly because a regular birthday party is boring. Nayeon agreed to have the party thrown at her house. She told everyone to come wearing a costume, even Jihyo. She contemplating whether or not she should tell Jihyo; she didn’t know if she should surprise Jihyo with the party. She soon thought about the awkwardness that would ensue when Jihyo realized that she’s the only one that’s not in a costume. So they decided to not keep the party a secret from Jihyo; they all knew that she would have figured it out weeks prior before the party anyways.

It’s almost 7:00 P.M., the time that everyone agreed to meet up at Nayeon’s house. Sana and Tzuyu decided to meet up near a convenience store before walking to Nayeon’s house together. Tzuyu arrived first; she’s been standing outside for a good ten minutes. She was getting restless.

Tzuyu felt a little uncomfortable in her costume. She decided to dress up as a vampire. She wore a long black dress and dark makeup. She’s not uncomfortable because the costume wasn’t a right fit, but because she’s wearing a costume in February.

“Where is she? We’re going to be late,” Tzuyu mumbled, looking all around for her friend. She shivered a bit as she held on to Jihyo’s gift. Another five minutes passed and Sana still hasn’t shown up. Tzuyu felt her eye twitch.

Suddenly, a pair of very soft hands covered Tzuyu’s eyes from behind. Tzuyu jumped at the sudden contact. She was about to fight off whoever it was when she heard a familiar voice.

“Guess who~”

Tzuyu chuckled. “Hi Sana.”

“Sorry I’m late, I had a hard time getting my hair into this small wig,” Sana apologized as she removed her hands from Tzuyu’s eyes. Tzuyu turned her head around and gulped when she saw Sana in her costume. She had an eye mask, a fancy cape, a short top, a skirt, a pair of leggings, and long boots. They were all black.

“Are you a superhero?” Tzuyu couldn’t keep her eyes off of Sana’s exposed stomach.

“Yeah!” Sana was really happy that Tzuyu was able to figure out what she was.

“Why the wig?” Tzuyu asked, pointing at Sana’s short wig.

“I had it lying around, I decided to put it on,” Sana replied. “It took me hours to get it just right.”

Tzuyu laughed. “Well, you look great!”

“Now turn around fully so I can see you!” Sana jumped back, ready for a show. Tzuyu giggled and walked forward a bit before turning around, slowly strutting towards Sana.

Sana’s jaw dropped.

“You’re gorgeous!” Sana spazzed. Her body shook in excitement as she took in Tzuyu’s beautiful appearance.

“No, I’m a vampire,” Tzuyu joked.

No, you’re gorgeous!” Sana teased back. “I won’t be able to keep my hands off of you!”

Tzuyu blushed at that statement. They’ve been flirting with each other for awhile now. Their friends have pestered them to confess to each other, but they’ve never done it yet.

“We should go to Nayeon’s house, we’re going to be late if we don’t go now,” Tzuyu suggested. “Did you remember to bring your gift?”

“Of course!” Sana wrapped her arms around Tzuyu’s arm. “Let’s go!”

Sana snuggled close as they began walking.

“Do you really have to-”

“Yes.” Sana nodded.

“Well, okay.” Tzuyu didn’t complain, she quite liked the feeling of Sana touching her.

They soon arrive at Nayeon’s house. They were about to ring the doorbell when they heard screaming from inside. They almost wanted to turn around and ditch this party.

“That is not where that chair goes!” They heard Nayeon screech.

“You didn’t tell me where to put it!” Jeongyeon screamed back.

Tzuyu and Sana looked at each other, contemplating whether or not they should attend this party. They both realized that they practically had no choice and sighed. They knew Jihyo would kill them if they didn’t attend her birthday party. Tzuyu took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. They heard all the commotion inside stop.

Silence.

“Isn't somebody going to open the door?!” Nayeon screamed.

“It’s your house!” Dahyun retorted.

“If you don’t-”

“I’ll do it!” Mina attempted to stop the chaos. She ran towards the door and opened it. “Hi guys, glad you could make it. Nice costumes, by the way.” Mina said quickly as she pushed the two inside. “Nayeon has been waiting for you two forever, you guys are the last ones to arrive. Well, besides Jihyo, of course. Also, leave your gifts on that table.” Mina pointed at a table in the hallway. Sana and Tzuyu placed their gifts where the rest of them were. “Ready for the devil?”

Sana and Tzuyu nodded at Mina and trembled as they entered the living room. They look around and took in everyone’s costumes. Nayeon seemed to be aiming for a y devil look, Jeongyeon was clearly Pinocchio, Momo was Tinkerbell, Mina was a pirate, Dahyun was a bunny, and Chaeyoung was a mermaid.

“Where have you two been? I told you to come here at 7:00! It’s 7:30! Jihyo is going to be here any minute now!” Nayeon glared at the two who just walked in.

“What’s the problem? It’s not even a surprise party, in theory, we could just arrived whenever we wanted to,” Tzuyu replied with her arms crossed.

“It would be nice to have all of us here wish her a happy birthday as she walks through the door,” Nayeon pointed out.

“Well-”

“Uh, guys?” Momo suddenly interrupted.

“What?” Nayeon and Tzuyu both looked at Momo.

“Jihyo is right there.” Momo pointed behind Tzuyu and Sana.

Everyone turned around and their eyes widened. Jihyo was beautiful. She’s definitely a worthy competitor to Tzuyu’s also-beautiful costume. Jihyo was dressed as Elsa. She had a nice white dress that fitted onto her body perfectly and her hair was in a very Elsa-like braid.

“Jihyo... You look amazing!” Chaeyoung complimented with two thumbs up. She wiggled her way to Jihyo and gave her a tight hug. Everyone laughed at the humorous scene while nodding, agreeing with Chaeyoung’s very true statement. Jihyo just stared at them with her large, Thomas-the-Tank-Engine-like eyes; a little confused at the argument she walked in on earlier.

“What-”

“Oh yeah, say it guys!” Nayeon ordered.

“Happy birthday!” Everyone said in a complete mess. They didn’t say it simultaneously, but the phrase was enough to bring tears into Jihyo’s eyes.

“Thank you guys so much-”

“When did you come in?” Jeongyeon interrupted.

Jihyo glared at Jeongyeon before replying, “I was right behind Sana and Tzuyu, you guys just never saw me.”

“I saw you!” Momo waved her hand.

“Yeah, a good two minutes after I walked in.” Jihyo rolled her eyes.

Everyone laughed at the odd turn out of this party. They settled into the kitchen to eat some snacks. They decided to save the big cake for later. Jihyo also decided to open her gifts later when they ate the cake. So far, the party was going pretty well. Nothing chaotic happened.

Yet.

“Let’s play games in the living room!” Nayeon suggested, well it wasn’t really a suggesting, more like an order. Everyone exited the kitchen except Dahyun.

“Dahyun…” Nayeon growled.

“I’m still hungry!” Dahyun whined, nibbling on a carrot.

“Fine, but I better see you in the living room in two minutes!”

Dahyun gave Nayeon a thumbs up. Nayeon rolled her eyes before entering the living room.

“What are we going to play?” Jihyo asked excitedly.

“Let’s play-”

Thunder shook the earth and the whole house out. Tzuyu heard Sana flinch next to her and immediately held her close, comforting her. She knew she was afraid of thunder.

The lights suddenly flickered back on. Everyone look around confused. To say that they were surprised would be an understatement.

“What happened? It wasn’t even raining! Why was there thunder?” Nayeon asked.

“I don’t know, maybe-”

“Uh, guys?” Chaeyoung spoke out meekly. Everyone looked at Dahyun and gasped.

Her fish tail looked… real.

“What happened to you?!” Mina shouted in terror, pointing at Chaeyoung’s tail.

“I don’t know! This tail feels like it’s a part of me…” Chaeyoung’s voice quivered.

“Momo!” Sana gasped as she pointed at Momo. Everyone looked at Momo and gasped.

“What?” Momo was confused. She eventually noticed that everyone looked huge. She suddenly felt herself lift off the ground and she was soon taller than everyone. She heard light flapping sounds behind her and turned around. She almost choked when she realized that her wings were now real and they worked.

“Y-You’re an actual fairy!” Jihyo pointed at Momo. Suddenly, ice shot out of her fingertips. Momo dodged it just in time. Jihyo ended up freezing the clock behind Momo.

“Haha, Momo’s short,” Nayeon snickered. Everyone glared at Nayeon.

“Are you really saying something like that in a time like this?!” Jihyo scolded.

“I think the devil within her is starting to come out,” Mina pondered.

“Or she's being more of a than usual,” Chaeyoung muttered, resulting in Nayeon throwing a book at her.

“W-What’s happening to me?” Jeongyeon whimpered as she looked at her hands. They were turning into wood.

“Wow, you’re becoming hideous,” Nayeon teased. Nayeon suddenly gasped and covered . “I didn’t mean that.”

Everyone looked at Nayeon in shock. They looked back at Jeongyeon and saw tears in her eyes. Sure, Nayeon was a sometimes, but never to Jeongyeon.

“I… I think we are becoming what are costumes are,” Tzuyu answered shakingly.

“Well that explains Nayeon’s… evilness.” Jeongyeon wiped away her tear from her quickly hardening face.

“I-I have the strange urge to conquer a ship,” Mina whispered.

“And I have a strange urge for justice,” Sana added.

And Tzuyu had a sudden thirst for Sana’s blood, but she wouldn’t tell anyone that.

“Wait, if we’re becoming what we dressed up as, then-” Momo paused. Everyone realized why she paused and looked at each other in panic.

“Dahyun!”

Everyone but Chaeyoung ran into the kitchen. She was too busy flapping her tail around, trying to move.

They looked at Dahyun in horror. There assumptions were correct. Dahyun turned into a little bunny… and she was currently nibbling on some carrots.

“Oh, she’s so cute!” Momo squealed. Her wings flapped faster.

“Now is not the time Momo!” Jeongyeon glared at Momo. Everyone looked at Jeongyeon worriedly when they saw her body continue to turn into wood. She could still move, it as just very… puppet-like.

“Are you okay, Jeongyeon?” Nayeon asked slowly.

“Yes.”

Jeongyeon’s nose grew.

“Wow, you sure are turning ugly,” Nayeon insulted. She covered again. “I’m sorry.”

“I-It’s okay.”

Her nose grew again.

“Oh god, we’re taking in the effects of our costumes!” Mina shouted, wrapping her arms around herself. “I still have a strange urge to conquer some ships.”

“W-We need to figure out what happened!” Nayeon shouted. “Someone go outside to see if anyone else was affected by this!”

“Who the heck is going to go out? We’re monsters!” Jihyo cried, waving her hands all over the place. Ice and snow shot out everywhere. Everyone shivered at the sudden cold air in the room.

“First of all, Jihyo, chill,” Nayeon chuckled at her joke. Everyone rolled their eyes, except for Dahyun, of course. “Secondly we’ll send people that aren’t… monster-like.”

“Who-”

“Guys, my whole body hurts,” Chaeyoung cried out. They all looked at her and saw that her scales look awfully dry.

“I think she needs water,” Mina said.

“Momo, watch Dahyun. You obviously can’t help us. You’re also the only one small enough follow Dahyun around if she goes into tight spaces.” Nayeon ordered, sighing as Dahyun jumped around the chairs.

“O-Okay.” Momo nodded.

“Everyone else, hoist Chaeyoung into the bathtub!”

The remaining six girls carried Chaeyoung. Well, they tried. As soon as they all lifted her up, Jeongyeon’s arm popped off. Everyone jumped away in disgust, dropping Chaeyoung in the process.

“Ow!” Chaeyoung grumbled.

“J-Jeongyeon, does that hurt?!” Tzuyu almost fainted when she saw the wooden arm on the floor.

“No, actually.” Jeongyeon picked up her arm and attached it back onto herself. “Let’s keep going.”

“Uh, how about you sit this one out, we got this.” Tzuyu looked at her in disgust. She didn’t want to see anymore detached limbs. Jeongyeon scoffed and sat down on the couch.

The others picked Chaeyoung off the floor and continued their way upstairs. They almost dropped her a few times because of Nayeon suddenly letting go, but they managed to get her into the bathroom. They practically threw Chaeyoung into the bathtub and Jihyo quickly turned out the water. The water that came out of it immediately turned to ice.

“Oh my god, I’ll do it!” Sana grabbed a hair dryer and melted the ice before turning the water back on properly. Chaeyoung sighed as her body relaxed again.

“Okay, you stay here Chaeyoung, everyone else go back to the living room to brainstorm what we should do.” Jihyo held open the door for them. She didn’t notice the frost accumulating on the door. She realized that Mina was crouching near the tub, wiggling her fingers in the water. “Mina?”

“I like the water, it reminds me of oceans…” Mina said dreamily. Chaeyoung blushed when she felt Mina her scales.

“Okay, Chaeyoung and Mina stay here,” Sana said.

The others went back downstairs. Jeongyeon was still seated on the couch. She sat up when she saw the others. “How did it go?”

“As well as it could go, Mina and Chaeyoung practically fell in love with the bathtub.” Jihyo shook her head.

“Okay, I still think one of us should go outside to see if anyone else was affected by this,” Nayeon said.

“Well I obviously can’t go,” Jihyo put out her hands. There were cold wisps of air flying around them.

“I can’t go either,” Jeongyeon stated.

“Well, duh. Gosh you’re dumb.” Nayeon rolled her eyes. She didn’t even apologize this time.

“Jeongyeon…” Sana whispered sadly.

“I’m okay.”

Jeongyeon’s nose grew longer. She sighed in sadness.

“I don’t think you should go either Nayeon, you’re becoming quite… dangerous. We don’t want you insulting people.” Jihyo looked warily at Nayeon.

“Insult? I want to set people on fire.” Nayeon laughed maniacally.

“Okay, she definitely shouldn’t go,” Sana confirmed.

“Okay, Tzuyu and Sana are going to have to go, they’re are the only ones that haven’t succumbed to their costumes’ personalities fully yet,” Jihyo said.

“Speaking of which, you don’t have a thirst for blood, Tzuyu?” Jeongyeon asked almost robotically.

“Uh…” She only has a thirst for one person’s blood… and it’s the person that Jihyo is suggesting her to team up with.

“Not really?” Tzuyu lied.

“Sana, you don’t feel anything other than a strong urge for justice?” Jihyo asked Sana.

“As far as I know, not really…” Sana answered.

“Can you fly?” Tzuyu asked.

“I bet she’s going to fall down like a swatted fly,” Nayeon guffawed. They all glared at her before looking at sana again.

“I don’t know.” Sana shrugged.

“Try something,” Jeongyeon suggested. Sana put her arms out so that she was in a ‘T’ formation. Her body glowed for a second as she shot up and hit the ceiling.

“Ow!” Sana fell back down and rubbed her head.

“Well, she can fly,” Nayeon stated the obvious.

“Alright you two, just don’t do anything weird and you should be fine!” Jihyo pushed Sana and Tzuyu out the door.

Sana and Tzuyu stumbled as they were forced out of the house. Tzuyu caught Sana just in time to stop her from falling. She suddenly held Sana close and brought her face close to Sana’s neck. She took a deep breath. Her senses craved for Sana’s blood. She wanted to taste it.

Sana shivered when Tzuyu’s nose brushed against her neck. She shivered again when she felt Tzuyu her. Sana was surprised she even noticed, Tzuyu’s tongue barely grazed her neck.

“T-Tzuyu?”

“Sorry.” Tzuyu pulled back and shook her head profusely.

“D-Do you have the urge to my blood?” Sana gulped.

“N-No! I…” Tzuyu sighed. “Yes.”

“Uh-”

“It’s okay! I can try to hold off the urge. Let’s look around the neighborhood for a bit and investigate like Nayeon suggested.” Tzuyu quickly tried to change topics. Sana nodded and they walked down the sidewalk together.

Tzuyu stayed right behind Sana the whole time. She would frequently lean her head down and smell Sana’s neck. Every time she did that, she felt a strange desire deep within her. Sana wasn’t going to lie, she felt Tzuyu every time she leaned close to her, but she ignored it for Tzuyu’s sake.

They saw a family in a house near Nayeon’s they decided to ask them about the thunder. Sana knocked on the door and a man opened it.

“Isn’t it a little too early for trick-or-treating?” The man judged them.

“I-Ignore our costumes, but have you noticed a strange burst of thunder recently?” Sana asked. Tzuyu just watched from behind Sana. Her thirst was becoming almost unbearable.

“Are you guys pranking me? What thunder?” He scoffed.

Well, that answers that.

“Nevermind, thank you for your time.”

Sana took Tzuyu’s hand and dragged her back to Nayeon’s house. When they reached the door, Tzuyu suddenly collapsed.

“Tzuyu! Are you okay?” Sana kneeled down and cupped Tzuyu’s face.

“I feel weak…” Tzuyu groaned, closing her eyes. Sana’s eyes widened when she realized something.

“Do you need blood?”

“I-I don’t know.” Tzuyu didn’t want to admit it. She felt like this desire violated Sana.

“Tzuyu, do you need blood?” Sana asked sternly.

“Y-Yes…” Tzuyu droop her head.

Sana helped Tzuyu sit up and she immediately brought Tzuyu’s head near her own neck. “.”

“What?”

“ my blood! We don’t have time to waste!” Sana shouted urgently. She was worried sick about Tzuyu. “Just don’t… kill me. Take what you need.”

"Why are you letting me do this?" Tzuyu asked.

"I-I just have an urge to save you... that's it." Sana knew there was more to it than that, but she would never admit it.

Tzuyu smelled Sana one more time and couldn’t take it anymore. She pierced her previously hidden sharp teeth into Sana’s neck. Sana squeaked a little bit at the slight pain she felt. Sana closed her eyes and attempted to muffle her moan when she felt Tzuyu takes gulps of blood from her.

Sana shouldn’t be thinking this, but she found Tzuyu to be super y right now. She was gently flicking her tongue along Sana’s neck, letting out little growls of appreciation. Sana shivered every time she felt Tzuyu’s throat rumble.

Sana began to feel a little light headed. “T-Tzuyu?”

Tzuyu’s eyes snapped opened and she pulled back. “I’m so sorry!”

“Don’t be,” Sana smiled.” Are you okay now?”

“P-Perfect.”

Sana continued to smile as she wiped a bit of her blood off of the corner of Tzuyu’s mouth. “Let’s go back inside.”

“Okay.”

When they entered, they saw chaos. And that says a lot, considering what they already saw before. Nayeon was frozen in a huge ice block, Jeongyeon was crying, Jihyo was looking around in a panic, and Momo was currently riding Dahyun’s back.

“What happened?” Tzuyu asked in shock.

“N-Nayeon tried to pull Jeongyeon’s head off! I tried to stop her, but I froze her instead!” Jihyo replied, looking at her hands in disdain.

“I was able to tame Dahyun!” Momo cheered. She had a little rope around Dahyun’s body. “She tried to get under the refrigerator, so I tied this rope around her. She’s pretty fun to ride!”

Sana just looked at her two tiny friends with an awkward smile. “Congratulations?”

“Thanks!” Momo beamed up at Sana. “You must want some more carrots, Dahyun. Let’s go back to the kitchen~” Momo flapped her wings as hard as she could. She successfully lifted Dahyun up by the rope and flew them into the kitchen.

“Did you guys figure anything out?” Jihyo quickly asked Tzuyu and Sana.

Nothing,” Tzuyu sighed. “I don’t think anyone else even knew there was thunder.”

“What are we going to do?!” Jihyo wept.

Tzuyu froze as a stronger sense of desire filled her body. She slowly looked at Sana. Sana noticed this and backed away.

“T-Tzuyu-”

Tzuyu tackled Sana and bit her neck again. She started drinking a ton of blood.

“Tzuyu, leave her alone!” Jeongyeon cried out.

“You’re going to kill her!” Jihyo screeched. Sana felt this close to passing out.

Suddenly, thunder struck the earth once more.

The whole house out again before lighting back up. The girls in the living room looked around and sighed in relief.

Everyone looked normal again. Jeongyeon was no longer wooden and Nayeon was unfrozen.

“Gosh, I’m freezing!” Nayeon complained.

“You tried to kill Jeongyeon!” Jihyo glared.

“I-I didn’t mean to!”

“Uh, Tzuyu? You can stop biting my neck now…” Sana whispered. Tzuyu’s eyes widened and she released Sana. Tzuyu didn’t look her in the eyes as she helped her up.

“Sorry…”

“Don’t be.” Sana winked.

“Where are the others?” Nayeon looked around.

As if they heard her, Momo and Dahyun walked out of the kitchen. Momo was patting Dahyun’s back. “It’s okay, we can buy more carrots for Nayeon later~”

“I’m sorry, Nayeon,” Dahyun whimpered. “I ate all of your carrots!”

“I-It’s fine.”

Mina and Chaeyoung came running down the stairs, giggling. Everyone else raised their eyebrows when they noticed how wet they are.

“What happened to you two?” Tzuyu asked what everyone else was thinking as well.

“At some point, Mina jumped into the bathtub and we pretended to be adventurers in the seven seas. I played the lost mermaid and she was the courageous pirate,” Chaeyoung explained.

“Two people can barely fit in my bathtub.” Nayeon looked at Mina and Chaeyoung weirdly.

“What’s your point?” Mina asked blankly.

Everyone just shook their heads at the odd, damp couple. They all looked at each other and took in everything that happened for the past hour or so.

They all started laughing.

“Well that was quite the eventful birthday,” Jihyo chuckled. “I consider it a success!”

“I turned into a freaking bunny!” Dahyun whined.

“Yeah, but you’re not one anymore,” Nayeon pointed out.

“I guess…”

Sana secretly pulled Tzuyu aside and whispered in her ear, “We have a lot to talk about, missy.”

Tzuyu shivered. “W-We do?”

“Don’t think I didn’t noticed you kissing my neck even after we turned back to normal,” Sana teased. Tzuyu’s face became as red as a stop sign.

“Uh-”

“What should we do now guys?” Momo suddenly interrupted everyone.

They all stared at each other before smiling.

“Cake!”

They fought their way into the kitchen. After they took the cake out of the refrigerator, Nayeon lit the candles and they all sang “Happy Birthday” to Jihyo. After Jihyo secretly wished to grow taller, Jeongyeon sliced the cake and distributed the slices to everyone. Jihyo thought this would be a good time to begin opening her presents.

“Who got me this drawn-on face mask?!” Jihyo looked at it in disgust. “I would never buy something like this for my child!”

Chaeyoung hid behind Mina, cowering in fear and embarrassment.

Everyone laughed at Chaeyoung’s agony.

“This is a pretty fun party,” Tzuyu whispered into Sana’s ear.

Tzuyu jumped when Sana suddenly bit her neck. She was clearly teasing Tzuyu about her earlier, similar actions.

“It sure is~”