Girl Talks

Everybody Loves Soo

[Summary: The girls decided to have their girl talks/party at night, and NOT inviting the princes. Curious, all of them begin to overhear their conversations, well..more like how Soo views all the prince. Warning! OOC alert! So don’t get serious and just enjoy. Some parts are referred to the previous chapters.]

The princes were walking to the Damiwon where they saw Soo having a conversation with Soon-Duk, Woo-Hee, Chae-Ryung, and Princess Yeon-Hwa. Judging by their interested looks, Soo must have been talking about something entertaining.

“Is there anything else we could bring for tonight?” Chae-Ryung asked.

“Hmm, it’s good enough…” Soo answered.

“Having a girl talk all night would be fantastic!” Soon-Duk squealed.

“It’s been a long time I haven’t done this with you.” Woo-Hee smiled.

They could see the piled blankets, teas and cosmetic sets on their side. Princess Yeon-Hwa, who was behind the princes, decided to intervene. Noticed her presence, Soo bowed.

“Greetings to the princess.”

“What are these for?” Princess asked as she gestured the pile of blankets.
The princes came, much to the girls’ surprise. Especially Woo-Hee, who rolled here eyes when seeing Baek-Ah’s mischievous, flirtatious smile.

“These are for the little party we girls planning for tonight.” Soo replied.

Princess Yeon-Hwa’s eyebrow raised at the statement.

“Evening Party for girls, huh?”

Soo nodded her head, then looked at princes.

“And it’s for girls ONLY. So, no boys allowed. Not even the prince.” Soo said with apologetic smile.

Jung, Baek-Ah, and Eun groaned.

“It’s so unfair!” Jung groaned first.

“Why couldn’t we get invited?” Eun whined, pouting.

Soo only looked apologetic, then she made an idea.

“Would you like to come and join us, princess?” Soo asked with sheepish smile, fiddling with her fingers.

Princess didn’t unexpected such invitation she got from someone like Hae Soo. A bit glad that she was also welcomed, she decided to accept it.

“Why not? I’d be delighted.”

Hae Soo clapped her hands in joy.

“Then it’s settled!” Then Soo whispered, “we could share secrets and enjoy little games.”

Yeon-Hwa looked around the room and the pile of blankets, teas, and cosmetic sets. She smirked as she come up with an idea.

“Why don’t you have a little party on my chamber? It would have more spaces than this little hovel.” Yeon-Hwa formed her trademark smile.

“Sounds perfect. We will see you tonight then!” Soo said as she gestured her friends to follow her.

Yeon-Hwa smirked as she left the scene, leaving the princes. Eun approached to Wook.

“Brother, don’t you think it isn’t fair that we were not invited?”
Wook only smiled.

“Please understand them. Soo needs more privacy and companions.” Wook tried to be reasonable to his brother.

Unfortunately, that didn’t work as Eun began the form a plan.

“I don’t know what secrets Soo will say, but I am going to find out!”

“I know! We could secretly hear their conversation where they couldn’t see us!” Baek-Ah chimed in.

“But if we try to stay far away, we cannot clearly hear what they would say…” Jung said, frowning.

“Brothers,” Mu sternly intervened, “it’s not appropriate to invade someone’s privacy. Besides, you don’t want our favorite court lady to stay angry at us.”

The crown prince made a point. Soo will be upset when she finds out they were spying on her. At the same time, Wang So returned from Astronomer Tower.

“Brother!”

So heard Baek-Ah’s voice.

“Oh, Baek-Ah…what are you all doing here?”

“Brother! We need your help! And also Ji-Mong’s help!”

So tilted his head in confusion.


Tonight has come as the girls arrived at Princess’ chamber. Yeon-Hwa let them in as the party for girls had begun. Outside, the princes went to the terrace close enough to the window of her chamber. Ji-Mong advised them not let the girls know they were listening so he couldn’t let princes borrow his inventions. From what they saw and listened, the girls were having fun while drinking teas and eating snacks while having a long conversation.

“Wait, since it’s night, we should do some games!” Soon-Duk said holding her snack.

“What games did Soo made this time?” Princess Yeon-Hwa asked.

“There’s a one called Truth, Dare or Don’t,” The general’s daughter answered, “One person ask one another to either speak the truth, try the dare, or just pass it off to someone else.”

“Let’s begin then…” Woo-Hee said, “okay…Soo, truth or dare, or DON’T?”

Soo tilted her head while thinking.

“I choose…DON’T!”

“You ALWAYS choose don’t.” Chae-Ryung complained as she remembered the same reply from previous games.

“Okay, well…DARE.”

Yeon-Hwa smirked a mischievous, yet wicked smile.

“I care you to explain what happened after I wished I was a man*.”

Everyone could see how red Soo’s cheek grew.

“Princess…have you done something unpleasant to Soo, as a man?” Woo-Hee frowned, clutching Soo’s hand protectively.

“Oh, no, no…on the contrary, we have so much FUN for three days, didn’t we?” Yeon-Hwa asked with diabolic chuckle.

If there was a mouse hole, Soo would have dug herself inside and never come out. The vein popped out from most of the princes’ forehead, especially So and Wook’s, in this case. Imagine Yeon-Hwa, or Wang Yeon, had done something to Soo made them cringe.

“Okay, I’ll tell what happened, but it isn’t pretty…” Soo began as she recalled what happened during the incidents with the lamp.


“Did you finish preparing the bath?”

Soo slightly bowed at the princess, who was now, a prince.

“Y—yes…”

Seeing the girl who used to talk back to him as a princess back then, now seeing her bowing meekly, was quite laughable, but at the same time adorable. Wang Yeon* smiled and gestured her to follow him. Soo was clutching the box close to her chest as she walked along.

“Oh, did you brought new bathing aids?” He asked.

“Yes, I made them…”

Wang Yeon was aware of the girl’s talent with making a bathing aids known as—which she called it—soap. Since he haven’t use them before, he made a thought of use them.

“Perhaps I would like to try one.”

Soo perked up and happily nodded. As they were arrived at Damiwon, they stopped as Soo readied several type of soaps she created. Wang Yeon couldn’t help but intrigued with the shape and the scent of different flowers he smelt from them. It looked new as he wondered how to use them. Inspecting Soo, he formed a rather amusing idea.

“Since you know how to make them, you must have known how do you use them, right?”

Soo nodded her head.

“You need to rub them with a wet towel to form a foams and clean your skins. Sometimes, you may use your hand to wash your face.”

Soo noticed a rather mischievous look on him.

“Why don’t you demonstrate them on me?”

Indignation rose from Soo as she frowned.

“Excuse me?”

Wang Yeon formed his trademark smile, revealing his dimples.

“As a well-respected court lady, you must have known how to use these bathing aids. Why don’t you test them on me?”

Soo wanted to punch that smug on her—his face, but she tried to keep her composure. Soo couldn’t do anything rash as she was now a senior court lady as Yeon-Hwa got herself turned into a prince, who was more attractive than So and Wook!

“Fine…” Soo replied, defeated.

Wang Yeon smiled in victory. He took his robe off as it revealed his toned chest and broad shoulders. Soo blushed and turned away, earning his laugh. Wang Yeon stood beside her, flashing a smile with white teeth and a perfect dimples.

“What? I thought you wouldn’t be surprised by seeing a half- man.”
Soo turned to him.

“I heard the rumors that you had once attempted to take a peek on princes on a day before the ritual. I don’t take rumors as a truth, but seeing you…I doubt the rumors were not entirely false.” He smirked.

Soo gritted her teeth, embarrassment took over her as she prepared the bathing aid. She held the wet towel covered with soap foams.

“What now, your highness?”

Wang Yeon kept his trademark smile, gestured with his hand for her to enter the bath. Soo only nodded her head in defeat as she slide herself into the bath. She had to prevent herself from groaned as a hot water reached to her legs. She silently reached for his arm as he complied and began to rub the towel against his strong arms. The aromatic scents spread around they could smell the strong fragrance of rose.

Soo noticed how close she was to his face. Soo immediately wondered what would her life be if Yeon-Hwa was born as a prince instead of princess. With the intelligence and manipulations he upholds with politics, Soo assumed he would have become a powerful king. Not to mention, he possesses the charming and good-looking appearance. Soo smiled and stifled a giggle, grabbing Wang Yeon’s attention.

“What are you smiling about?”

Soo smiled.

“Nothing…it’s just that if your were born as a prince I might have fallen for you.”

Taken back from her compliment, Yeon-Hwa was a bit surprised.

“And what made you think that?”

Soo sighed.

“Oh…come on. You have the looks. You, as Wang Yeon, are handsome—more than thirteenth prince—, and with your intelligence and strong wills, you would be the most powerful prince who could beat the third prince and if you get to train, your strength would equal with fourth prince. You would have been a symbol of Goryeo.”

Somehow, hearing such praises from Soo reached to Yeon-Hwa’s—Wang Yeon’s—heart. He could feel his cheeks warm and heated.

“And…uhh now that you have an eyes of a man…what do you think of me now? I know we’ve been a little bittersweet to each other, but when Myung-Hee was alive, I had think of you as a family. Whether I have to admit or not…”

Wang Yeon felt the string of self-control waning. His half-lidded eyes pierced her doe-like eyes.

“Well, what would you do if I say…”

He leaned forward, with his strong hand held hers tightly while his other and reached for Soo’s hair, pulling the hairpin that tucked  in her braids.

“I want to take you wholly?”


“Oh god…I swear, I thought I was harassed by then…”Soo crouched herself as a circle.

Soon-Duk hug open as Chae-Ryung covered her eyes with her hands. Woo-Hee embraced the flustered Soo tightly hissing angrily at the princess, who was smirking.

“Admit it, you enjoyed a lot.” Princess Yeon-Hwa smiled.

And most of the princes are preventing jealous fourth prince from unsheathing his sword, pulling his arms and legs stay still.

“Anything else you want me to dare?” Soo asked.

“From starting tomorrow,” Princess Yeon-Hwa smiled, “I dare you to ignore third prince Wang Yo for a week.”

“Okay…? But why?” Soo questioned.

“I am fully aware of how Third Prince grew fond of you and he is type of a man intolerable when he sees someone ignores him or giving him lack of any attention.” The princess reasoned.

“Deal.” Soo said with a smile.

The game continues until it was Soo’s turn again.

“I’ll choose truth.”

The girls glanced at each other, then smiled.

“Do you…,” Soon-Duk began in teasing manner, “love someone?”

The question caught every prince’s attention. What caused them more tense was Soo’s expression. The pinkish blush with a shy smile, it was confirmed she does indeed love someone.

“Uh-oh, someone’s blushing~!” Chae-Ryung giggled.

“I guess so…but I just started so I don’t know much…”

The girls didn’t ask much further for more detail, much Woo-Hee’s next question was far more curiouser.

“Have you once had a lover before you came to Songak?”

Soo was taken aback with the question, but since its a girl talk, she assumed it wouldn’t hurt much to say it all.

“Yes. I had once. Though it didn’t last for a time.”

The girls didn’t said anything, prompting her to continue. The princes never heard anything of Soo once had a lover, and imagining her being with someone else was very disturbing.

“He was no prince. He was just a man. I met him several years ago and he courted me for a year. And I never told about him to Myung-Hee and anyone else. Heck, we even think of eloping. We loved each other—well I thought he did, until I saw it.”

The way Soo spat at the last sentence, everyone could guess the relationship didn’t go well.

“I saw him and my former friend together. I was completely tricked by them for half of year, and what’s even worse; they took everything away from me.”

Soo’s face darkened with such memory. And no one had seen such loathing expression from her who have always been optimistic and lively. Most of the prince swore if they ever see that man and her former friend in front of her again, they would be delighted to cut off their head.

“Was that a reason why you agreed to stay with Lady Hae, then? To move one and forget about them?” Chae-Ryung asked.

Soo only nodded.

“Yes. And thanks to all of you, I have managed to survive and learned so much. I may be clumsy, but nonetheless I am very thankful of everyone.” Soo smiled brightly.

“So…are they dead?” Woo-Hee asked.

“…No, but I do not wish for their death or whatsoever.” Soo replied.

“But seriously…are you not gonna tell us who’s the man you fell in love with?” Soon-Duk asked with a sneaky smile.

Soo giggled as she motioned them to come closer as they listened. When Soo spoke the name of a man, their expression grew even more shocked.

“No!” Chae-Ryung exclaimed, disbelieved.

“Yes!” Soo smiled.

But the prince didn’t get to heard the name as they grew impatient and curious, wanting to learn the name of a man who stole her heart.

“But if princess Yeon-Hwa was a prince, I would have fall in love with you.” Soo smiled at the princess who was blushing.

The girls noticed the pile of incomplete makeups behind Soo as they wondered what were these for. It has different powders and brushes on the small case. The next one was a black and red silk folded beside.

“By the way, what are those for?” Soon-Duk asked as she pointed the containers behind her.

“Hmm? Oh, those are…” Soo held the makeups, “these are for the fourth prince. And those silks are for his robes. I have to make a spare cosmetics for his scars and the silks are to make a rather comfortable robes for him.”

The princes were nearly aghast at her pampering with the fourth prince. So was bit flustered, but he smiled at Soo’s caring side, unaware of glaring he received from Yo, Wook, Eun, and Jung. Baek-Ah and Mu was touched with Soo’s affectionate side for their fourth brother as Won was only aghast as he found peculiar of the girl who wasn’t afraid of the prince who was called as Wolf-Dog.

“Soo,” Soon-Duk called out, “don’t you think you’re spoiling Prince So a bit too much?”

Soo turned to her.

“What makes you think that?”

“Well, you’re making a cosmetics sets for his scar, sewing robes for him, and what’s more, you are baking his favorite snacks and serve his favorite teas.” Chae-Ryung pointed out.

“Not only him, but lately you’re giving much attention to the sons of Dowager Queen Yoo. Prince Yo, and Jung for example.” Woo-Hee added.

It was true that Soo had given them attention than other princes. She was the only person who knows Yo’s fear for thunderstorm, and Jung’s favorite hobbies. But what bothered them the most was her attention was completely onto the fourth prince, Wang So. Almost as Wook and Eun missed their time spent with Soo.

“Maybe because you are being friendly to them, but if you keep doing that, Prince Yo, So and Jung will become the princes who couldn’t do anything on their own and dependent towards you.” Princess Yeon-Hwa concluded.

Her sharp remarks struck third, fourth, and fourteenth prince’s heart. It was true. That they have grown fond towards Soo and they might have been also relying on her with their insecurities. Soo blinked her eyes couple of times.

“So what you were saying is that third and fourth prince are going to become an empty-headed men who can’t do anything without me?”

Soo’s blunt question stabbed their pride.

‘E—empty headed…?!’ Both Yo and So exclaimed in their thoughts.

“Nah~ that won’t be happening. They are fully grown up. They grew up in different places but they were fully educated and trained. Especially the fourth prince. He literally trained himself and become invincible and is strongly educated. I may not know about prince Yo, but I know that both of them were mature enough. Though I admit, prince Yo possesses a cruelest, sadistic sense of humor.”

The words got Yo shocked. And the words, “cruel” and “sadistic” hurts. Like hard. But most of the princes and the girls secretly agreed.

“As long as I’m alive, that will not happen!” Soo smiled with pride.

“And if Queen Yoo tries to hurt either of you, what will you going to do?” Woo-Hee asked.

The question had every prince froze. They were fully aware of Queen Yoo’s misdeeds. Including scarring So’s face, framing Wook’s and Yeon-Hwa’s mother with the crime their mother didn’t committed. Imagining the queen’s impending scheme always made everyone tense.

Until they heard Soo laughing, then her face grew deadly serious.

“Look, I know what she did to Prince Wook and Princess Yeon-Hwa. And if the queen do anything that harm either them, me, or the fourth prince, she will have to kill me first. I don’t die that easily. And I’m not afraid of being killed in her hands. As long as I could protect all. I know how she will use her sons for her personal gain, but you should know…mother is…a most important duty to help their children shine themselves. However, I believe princes could stand to the top on their own.”

Her speech stuck on everyone’s mind. Her most philosophical words impressed them. Soo was sacrificial and was bold enough to declare the confrontation to the queen.

“Then…let me ask you one thing…,” Yeon-Hwa began, “what is it like to own Goryeo?”

Soo didn’t say for a while, then replied:

“It’s same as becoming the parents. King Taejo found Goryeo, so technically, he is a father of Goryeo as much as there are mothers of the country. Like I said, parents know what to make their children shine themselves. The king knows how to prosper his country. I consider that being a king is same as becoming a father.”

Once again, they were impressed with Soo’s opinion. They know she bear no greed towards the throne, yet she possess the philosophical opinion of the role as a ruler. Even the Crown Prince was highly moved by her, completely seeing her as an extraordinarily intelligent girl. Other princes’ eyes glow as they could feel the imaginary halo around her. As if she was a rare being. Watching behind, Choi Ji-Mong was smiling approvingly as he get to know Soo’s opinion of the sovereign’s role. He thoughtfully remarked her most powerful ability with a quality as an important figure; bond with everyone she meets.

“Oh you are officially my role-model…” Chae-Ryung mused.

As a princess of Hubaekje, Woo-Hee was utterly impressed with her friend. She finally see the reason why everyone she meets grows to love her.

The girl talk was over as the princes were hurried to their place, finding no reason to eavesdrop them anymore. But one thing they have in question was kept in their mind, who was the man Soo loves the most?

 

Note:
Wang Yeon is a name for male!YH I have made up. If anyone wants to make a fic for Yeon-Soo centric or some sorts, feel free to use it~!