Tell Me Your Wish

Everybody Loves Soo

[Summary: Eun and Jung found a magical lamp. Everyone was told that ‘fairy’ of the lamp would grant three wishes. In order to sort it out, Soo suggested people will have three wishes for three days. As the routine goes over, Soo will be the last one to make her three wishes. The ‘genie’ says he cannot either kill person, make people fall in love with anybody, nor bring back people from dead. Warning! Magic!au included. OOC alert! So don’t get serious and just enjoy.]

Court Lady Soo was serving teas for the princes in 8th prince’s residence. While Jung and Eun was permitted to go to the marketplace, the princes, princess, and Soo’s friends were in a palace taking a rest while drinking their tea, enjoying the view of cherry blossoms. Baek-Ah told her he had fun time hearing her stories few nights ago.

“Foreign stories?” Yeon-Hwa raised her brow.

“Yes. Soo knows a lot of foreign tales outside the country.” Wook replied in Baek-Ah’s behalf.

Yeon-Hwa stared at Soo for a while then smiled.

“Perhaps, I could hear them also. It’ll be interesting to hear some famous tales outside Goryeo.”

Soo smiled back.

“Of course, princess. Anytime.”

As Soo finished serving them desserts, she heard the footsteps running towards the pavilion. Jung and Eun came back, with a peculiar material wrapped by fabrics.

“Welcome back, sire.” Soo greeted with a bow.

“Soo! Soo! You gotta see this!” Eun exclaimed.

Soo titled her head and so did the others.

“We just found the thing you told us several days ago!”

Jung hurriedly unwrapped the fabrics, revealing the ancient, yet decorated gourd made by a gold. Judging the decoration, Soo presumed it wasn’t from Goryeo. The more she inspected, the more her eyes went wide.

“Is this…a lamp?”

They all turned to her with curious eyes.

“Lamp?” So raised his eyebrows.

“This gourd with handle is from Persia, imported to this region. The legends tells it is magical and is possessed by demons or a fairies called Jinn.”

“Demons?” The younger princes flinched a little.

“Don’t worry, it’s just a spirit that could grant their master’s three wishes.” Soo smiled.

The older princes and princess was impressed with her knowledge outside the country.

“If this is magical, how would we know it is enchanted?” Yo asked skeptically.

“The only way to bring Jinn is to rub its side of the lamp.” Soo answered shortly.
Everyone glanced at each other, then decided.

“Why don’t we try it then?” Baek-Ah grinned, expecting nothing special.

But, boy how wrong he was. Soo held the lamp and scrutinized a little. “Yep, it’s from Persia.”

“How do you know?” Won asked.

“See this languages? It’s not hanja or any words associated in Goryeo,” Soo pointed at some strange calligraphs, “let me try…”

Soo rubbed the side of the lamp, brushing the dust away. All of sudden, the steam released along with a clanking sound belonged to the cap. Eyes widened, the princes stood back as So went close to Soo as she put it down on the table. The lamp made a small explosion, freeing a rather small creature and bounced three times until it was close to Soo. The fog dissolves, revealing a man whose face was oh-so familiar to everyone.

“I LIVE~!” The creature claimed with a yawn.

Silence.

“JI-MONG?!” Everyone shrieked.

Noticing the audiences, the creature turned around.

“Oh boy. Let me introduce myself,” The man bowed, “Name’s Jinn, the fairy of the lamp. How’re you doing?”

Jinn held out his hand and Soo shook it after she calmed So.

“As you can see…since you are the one who wake me up. I decide to serve you with three wishes.”

Most of them had their eyes widened. ‘Soo was right!’ Sparked with the interest of three wishes, Soo asked.

“So, you are going to grant us any three wishes we want, right?”

Then Ji-Mong’s face briefly transformed into a familiar stranger of Yoo Jae-Suk*, the comedian Soo knew at her time as Go Ha-Jin in 21st century.

“Uh…almost there are few provisors,” Jinn try to count with his left finger that extended to ten more, “a couple of Quid Pro Quo…”

“For example?” So asked suspiciously.

“Rule number 1, I can’t kill people. Rule number two, I cannot make anybody either marry or fall in love with anybody else…Rule number three, I can’t bring people back from the dead. Not a pretty picture, lady…and I DON’T LIKE DOING IT!” Jinn then expand his size, “other than them, you got it!”

Unfortunately, Soo was busy attempt to stop the bickering between people who wants their wishes to be granted. Since Crown Prince and Won felt they had nothing more to wish, they just stood there watching them fighting, while Yeon-Hwa remained quiet thinking of what wishes she could make.

“I already have first wish.” Soo announced.

With that, the Jinn’s eyes gleamed brightly.

“Well, describe it.”

“I wish different people in this room can wish three things for three days. When they finished, you may go to the next master who you want to serve. If you’re done, you can come back to me.” Soo answered, not missing any details.
Thinking of it for a while, then Jinn agreed.

“Wish granted~! Though I’m too picky of choosing the new masters.” Jinn announced as he went inside the lamp as it magically landed on Jung’s hands.

“M-me?” The 14th prince was surprised.

“Yes, you can make three wishes. No need to be now, but take some time to think of them.” Soo informed.


After everyone was dismissed, Jung was thinking of what wishes he could make. If he remembered correctly, he cannot kill, revive, nor make someone fall in love with him. 14th prince, then, remembered the day of 10th prince’s birthday. When Soo sang for Eun. Smiled at the thought, he remembered that tomorrow, he will start train with Grand General Park. Making it as an excuse, he finally made a wish.

“I have three wishes prepared.”

Then, the Jinn came from the lamp, making an amused smile.

“Alright, sir. Say the magic words~!”

Jung smiled and wished.

“First, I wish Soo take another two weeks off. Second, I wish Soo can see me during my first training tomorrow. And third,” Jung formed a shy smile, “I wish she could sing a song for me tomorrow.”

The fairy seemed amused with the 14th prince’s innocent wishes. He complied as he snapped his fingers and disappeared. Jung smiled non-stop thinking of what will he play with Soo.

Few hours later, Soo was once again granted two weeks off from Crown Prince, much to the court lady’s confusion and delight. Despite the fact she have been a court lady for a long time and was highly promoted, she was worried if they have become a pushover towards her only. Soo walked towards the field where all the prince were watching the training. Curious, she made her way inside, saw the 14th prince’s training.

Prince Jung held out the sword and attempted to try his techniques, attacking the grand general who calmly repelled them. Agitated, he tried to make more blows, forgetting to dodge the attack from the opponent. As the grand general playfully hit the prince on his head, rather hardly, Jung stumbled back sat on the floor. Some of the princes were laughing, while others were snickering. But what caught Jung’s eyes were Soo who was watching him, concerned.
Soo frowned a little and yelled as loud as she could.

“Go get ‘em, tiger!!!”

Prince Jung smiled widely and stood up, prompting the general to start again. They held their wooden sword and trained again. This time, Jung didn’t forget to dodge the attacks, waiting for the opportunity to strike when the grand general put off his guard. Jung smirked and strike his wooden sword and pushed up until it almost reached to the grand general’s neck.

The princes’ eyes were wide as the training was over. Grand general only glanced at confident young prince, then smiled.

“Alright, sire. You have managed to give me a great impression.”

Eun and Baek-Ah rooted for their brother, while Yo and Won only raised their eyebrows, impressed. Jung laughed along with his brothers then caught his eyes on Soo’s. She was smiling, while happily clapping.

“It was awesome! You’re the boss!” She said as she held out her index finger up.

Jung only smiled shyly. Soo held out her handkerchief and approached. As she was close enough to the 14th prince, she gently brushed off the sweats from his forehead.

“Congratulation.” She grinned warmly.

Jung stood silent, getting even more bashful. Most of the princes were taken back by the scene. Crown Prince only smiled heartily. Yo was frowning, while Won raised his brows, amused. Eun and Baek-Ah merely smiled while Wook seemed unsettled. The one who made the most darkest expression was So.
As they were returning to the pavilion, Jung skipped while Soo tries to follow him worried he might trip. But nonetheless, Jung was happy that he had two wishes granted.

“Jung, I am so proud of you with your first day of training,” Mu said, “is there anything you want?”

Jung stared at Soo who was settling the wooden sword.

“I have one…,” Jung came to Soo shyly averting her doe-like eyes, “Sister…can you…sing for me then?”

Soo blinked and glanced around, only to feel embarrassed when the princes were staring back at her. So and Wook’s glance bothered her, but seeing Jung’s hopeful eyes, she couldn’t refuse him.

“Alright.”

Jung nearly jumped with “YES!” as the princes listens. Soo coughed a little, then began to sing a mesmerising song with her clear ringing voice. The sweet pleasure written over the audience’s expression. Eun and Baek-Ah listened with peaceful smile. Won and the Crown Prince formed a calm, and impressed look while Wook smiled. Jung felt like he was the most luckiest prince in the world, listening to Soo’s singing voice again. Watching her from behind, So wished she could sing only for him alone. He could listen to her everyday as long as she looks at him as she sings.

He didn’t know he was deeply focused in his thought until he heard a clapping from princes. As always, they were praising her sweet singing voice while she was blushing. Jung came up and give her a hug, surprising all.

“Thank you, sis.” Jung smiled

Much to most of the princes’ dismay, she hugged him back.

“Your welcome. From now on, do you best as a brave man.”

Then, the enchanted lamp landed on Jung’s hands.

“Congratulation, Prince Jung. You’ve got your three wishes granted.”

Jung smiled as Soo stared at him with wide eyes.

“Now, it’s time for me to move to next master.” The Jinn said.

The lamp spun around and around, until it pointed on Eun. It jumps and now landed on tenth prince’s palm.

“Yay, it’s me now!” Eun exclaimed happily.


However, Eun spent hours to think what wishes he could make. He remembered how Soo gave such great presents during his birthday and he didn’t managed to giver her what she wanted throughout the missing birthday of Soo. Even though it is late, he wanted to give her three best gifts she could want.

“Hey, I got three wishes! I wish I could give three things Soo wants the best in Goryeo!”

Sighed heartily, Jinn snapped his fingers revealing three chests on the table. The fairy used his magic, opening each chest revealing three different objects. The first one had the large sets of various herbs Soo could use for creating cosmetics. It also has a bottles of different flower oils. The next chest has different type of silks with sewing sets. Peculiarly, there were only black, wine red, and platinum gold colors. The third one was empty books she could write and draw just like the days she wrote fairytales for the princes and she needed more books to write and paint.

Satisfied with the gifts, Eun smiled.

“Thank you! Now she’ll be so happy to when she get these.”

As Jinn was gone, Eun heard some one entered, who was none other than Soo.

“Soo, you came in just a perfect timing!”

Smiling, Soo looked at the three chest.

“What are these chests for?” She asked.

Eun shoved the chests toward her.

“These are for you!”

Soo blinked her eyes.

“Pardon?”

“You always give me great presents during my birthday and i didn’t get to give yours…so I wished for three gifts you would love to have!”

Touched by tenth prince’s generosity, Soo opened three of them. Her eyes were wide with smile as she saw three gifts.

“Thank you, your highness! I needed those.” She thanked him.

“No problem. I’m glad you like them.”

Then Soo hugged the prince, much to his surprise.

“Like them? I LOVE them!”

Seeing them, Jinn entered the lamp and transported himself to his new masters. Much to his disappointment, Yo and Won was far too materialistic or greedy. Though he admitted that Yo’s wishes were indirectly involved with Soo as much as he needed a little treatment with his fear of thunderstorm. Besides, the third prince was a bit miffed with the fact that Soo always spoiled his fourth brother So, who he deemed as a beast. In Baek-Ah’s case, all thirteenth prince wished was involved with the relationship between So and Soo. Everytime he saw So and Soo together, he wished for a trivial ‘accidents’ that would them closer. For an instance, making Soo “accidentally” fell onto a lake with So who attempted to pull her back to safety only to get soaked, or using Soo’s fear of spider causing her to hug the fourth prince who was mildly blushing while awkwardly comforting her. When it comes to Wook, he was really careful with his wishes. He had three wishes that are similar to Eun’s, giving Soo gifts whenever she was upset during her work.

When Jinn was about think of the next master, he could think of other that caught his attention. He knew that Princess Yeon-Hwa didn’t like the fact that born as a daughter meant missing the opportunity of getting a throne. But seeing their close frenemy relationship had made her wish she was a man for some reason.

“So it’s my turn, I presume?” the princess asked.

“Yes. Other than three limitation, anything!”

Wook’s sister thought for a while, then she formed a bone-chilling smile that almost caused the chill dropping down from the fairy’s spine.


From the next day, Soo was preparing the tea for the princes. But what bothered her the most was that she couldn’t see princess Yeon-Hwa.

“Have you seen Yeon-Hwa?” Yo asked.

“No, I haven’t.” Wook answered. In reality, he haven’t seen her since the morning.

“Shall I bring her, then?” Soo asked.

Before they could reply, they heard a rather familiar, soft, yet chilling voice of a young man spoke.

“No need to. I’m right here.”

They all turned to see the young man with a light purple robes with a pale long sleeves. He had a long hair tied back and has familiar smiles with dimples, forming as a sweet, yet venomous tone. The others blinked their eyes but grew wide as they realizes who was the man. Especially Soo was the one to get surprised.

“H—HWANGBO YEONHWA?!” Soo shrieked.

The man frowned a little.

“It’s Wang Yeon, silly girl.”

Soo’s mouth was wide opened, not because of the fact that princess wished for herself becoming a prince. In reality, Soo was a bit impressed with how the princess would be like of Yeon-Hwa was a man. He had a similar smile as Wook with dimples revealing charmingly, but his eyes tells the otherwise as his dark eyes were almond shaped like So’s. And it made him more attractive than the both!

“Yes, I wished myself as a prince,” then ‘Wang Yeon’ glanced at Soo, “how do I look?”

The question was indirectly told to Hae Soo, as much as it disturbed the other princes, especially for Wook and So.

“This is…awkward,” Soo mumbled, “not that you’re awkward, you’re gorgeous—wait, what?!”

Soo was surprised at what she just said. She blushed hardly as So and Wook’s eyes grew dark. Ignoring the princes’ glare, ’Wang Yeon’ made a smirk.

“Thank you, Lady Soo,” He flashed a most attractive smile every prince charming forms in fairytale Soo had known, “my, now that I have the eyes of a man, you seem more cute.”

With the words of his ‘brother’, Wook almost dropped his book he was reading. So’s eyes twitched a little, miffed with the fact that other man was flirting with his Soo. Jung and Eun glanced at each other, worried what will ‘he’ do to Soo. Yo was a bit disturbed as Won whistled in amusement. 

“…Uh…thank you?” Soo felt dizzy at unwanted attention.

The former princess couldn’t help but chuckled at her “cute” reaction.

“It’s only for three days, nothing to worry about,” Wang Yeon formed a smile, “Lady Soo, let’s go.”

As if the magic had controlled her, Soo complied as she followed beside him. The princess, who has now become a prince, turned his head behind watching Wook and So. Then, he flashed his victoriously wicked smile revealing his white teeth, in which simulated two princes’ anger. It didn’t took everyone a long time to figure out Yeon-Hwa’s others wish of making Soo following her every whim, just to provoke most of the princes. Baek-Ah silently admitted that if Yeon-Hwa was born as a prince, he wouldn’t be the only one to be called as the most beautiful man alive in Goryeo. ‘Wang Yeon’ has the charisma similar to So, but more wicked and cunning as he used his charming smile which nearly made Soo blush.

Three days passed and Yeon-Hwa was back with using all of her wishes. Although she was regretful of being born as a princess, she had fun provoking her brothers.

“Wow, I was surprised when you become a man.” Soo muttered.

Princess Yeon-Hwa raised her eyebrows.

“Why so?”

Soo formed a dreamy smile the princess will never forget.

“If you were born as a prince, I would have fall for you.”

Soo bowed and left, leaving the princess flustered and blushed at the same time.


Jinn has moved to the last master who was none other than So. In all honesty, So wasn’t sure what to wish for. And he didn’t want to wish something that could offend Soo. However, Soo assured that since it was only for three days, he could be selfish as much as he wants to. Relieved that she was very accepting, he decided three wishes, but he written them as he didn’t want to speak all of it. Seeing the “wishing list”, Jinn formed a sympathetic expression, but nonetheless granted them:

“1. Soo’s attentions towards So.”

“2. Spending her time with him.”

“3. Speaking the words he wanted to hear from her when he ask for it.”

Ever since then, everything went different. Soo become more attentive towards the fourth prince, much to everyone’s confusion. The crown prince, Mu, was aware of what So wished but decided to let it go glad that he finally get the attention he seek from Soo. Wook regretted as he should have wished the similar ones So did, but he had no choice and just observe them. 

King Taejo had once visited the pavilion, only to saw Soo spoiling So even though he resisted. The king was confused but seeing his son smiling it made his father smile briefly until he saw the way Soo behaves. It looked as if some force had coerced her to do the fourth prince’s every whim. The king was skeptical as he began to thought fourth prince is considering of forcing her to marry him but trusting his fourth son, King Taejo believed So wouldn’t do such thing as, So was the man of honor and integrity despite the past that haunted him for a decade. Dowager Queen Yoo didn’t care less, but seeing the girl neglecting her sons while giving “her failure” more attention, bothered her nonstop. The queen knew Jung and Yo developed some degrees of affection towards her, yet So was the one who had to deserve the girl’s attention. Queen Yoo would not admit, but seeing the fourth prince accepting Soo’s attention reminded her of little Wang So who used to seek for his mother’s love.

Jung and Eun asked Soo if she could hang out with them, but Soo politely declined as she told them she needs to make a cosmetics for the fourth prince’s scar. Wook asked if she could go to the market with him, but she refused as she told him she was making a robe for So. In general, the princes were a bit saddened with the fact that Soo was spending her time with So, and pampering him as if he was the most important person in her life. Not to mention, it caused them to feel envious of him.

One night, Soo was serving teas to So who had troubles with nightmares. Little did they knew, Baek-Ah and Mu the Crown Prince was “spying” on them.

“Are you alright, your highness?”

So only nodded.

“God, your eyes couldn’t get even more darker…,” Soo mumbled concerned as she inspects his eyes, “have you been careless with concealing those scar?”
So only smiled.

“Perhaps…but this is not the first time I woke up from horrid nightmares…” he muttered, “but today’s quite different.”

“Oh…how so?” Soo asked.

So eyed directly at her doe-like eyes.

“It has you leaving me.”

Soo’s hand stopped from cleaning the tray. The silence overtook the room. Soo wasn’t sure what to say, but she wait for something he would say.

“I had something to say,” So closed his eyes as he spoke, “I wished for something that might upset you.”

Soo tilted her head to the side, letting him continue.

“I wished whenever I want you to say, you would comply.”

Soo only blinked her eyes, then giggled. So was a bit surprised at her reaction.

“You don’t…hate me for my wish?”

“What would I? To be frank, I expected that you would wish for that.”

So was silent for the rest of then seconds. Insecure of his question, he carefully asked.

“So…if I ask you to say something ridiculous, you would not be disgusted?”

Soo smiled comfortingly, assuring him she would not. Wang So took a deep breath, revealing the pink blush on his cheeks.

“Then…”

Soo leaned, prompting him to say whatever he wants to say.

“…say that y—you love me…”

Everything was a complete silence as Baek-Ah wand Mu didn’t expecting him to ask the question directly to her. Soo seemed taken aback from his request. Finding this situation uncomfortable, So brushes off with his two hand held up.

“I didn’t mean you need to say it now…but…I wanted to hear them from you…”

Soo was aware of So’s lacking attention he had from his mother and the brothers, but seeing him in front of her looked…vulnerable almost as if she rejects him, he would remained broken. Soo sighed a little, then complied.

“I…I love you…” She said, but her eyes were averting his gaze and her tone was…monotonous, much to So’s dismay.

Baek-Ah and Mu almost sighed heavily and rolled their eyes.

“Can’t you be more emotional?” So asked, frowned but smiled a little.
Soo kept saying same word, but it all ended up monotonous as Baek-Ah and Mu tried their best not to make any laughing sounds. So was a bit upset since it was confirmed she hasn’t felt the same feelings he had for her, yet. Nonetheless, he kept direct her to say it over and over until he could feel his voice trembling.

Noticing the change of their brother’s tone, Mu and Baek-Ah saw his face, unexpected to see the expression they had never seen from their fourth brother. Soo noticed it too and this time, she looked at him with her eyes, smiling.

“I love you, Prince So.”

Biting his bottom lips, his face was blushing, yet his eyes grew wet, releasing few stray of tears. Unable to restrain such emotions, he spoke…

“How long do I have to wait?”

Soo blinked her eyes. 

“Your highness…”

Her hands gently held his cheeks and she released a warm smile.

“So-ya…smile…”

He kept biting his lips, but he managed to made a smile as she embraced him as he accepted her comfort. After all, her embrace was his only sanctuary.

“So-ya…smile…”

As much as unrequited love was painful, he managed to calm his emotions as his lips formed a small smile. Finally, his tears ceased as he closed his eyes. Mu and Baek-Ah thought they saw a saint mother comforting her child as Soo kept hugging the scarred prince. Even though they were surprised to see their brother’s vulnerability, they were relieved to have Soo who would always stay with him.

Watching the pair in silent, Jinn smiled as the lamp landed on Soo’s chamber.


On the next day, despite the fact So’s wishes were all done, Soo remained attentive towards So. Whenever So returns from the duty in court or trainings with other princes, Soo always provided him supports, much to most of the princes’ envy. Soon-Duk smiled at the pair, Chae-Ryung found her lady impressive not to be afraid of the prince people called him “Wolf”, and Woo-Hee sighed but grinned.

Enough of the attention she gives to So, the princes approached to Soo when she was preparing the cosmetics for the fourth prince. 

“Soo.”

Soo turned around to see the princes stood behind her. So was also noticing them.

“Hello, princes. How may I help you?” The young senior court lady asked politely.

“You seem to be keeping your eyes on that quite a bit.” Yo inquired in statement, keeping his prim smile intact.

Soo didn’t like the way he referred So as nothing more than an animal.

“Perhaps, too much..” Won mockingly added for Yo, “who knows he’s gonna eat her up.”

Soo frowned a bit.

“I understand how much you care for him, but no offense, you are too trusting to him.” Jung finished.

“We feel like you are no longer hanging out with us…” Eun whined.

Soo sighed.

“I’m sorry if I have neglected you, but he needs my help.” Soo said as she finished the preparation.

“Is this the same fourth prince we’re talking about? The wolf-dog?”

Yo’s words offended Soo too much as she held out the lamp.

“Your voice may be velvety as your look, but the way you talk about your brother are just getting on my nerves,” She rubbed the lamp, “I really wish both third and ninth prince shuts up when they try to insult Prince So, for three days.”

With that, both Yo and Won couldn’t feel their tongue as if it has cut away as their neck were shut from making a noise. So was unexpected by that as Soo looked at the younger princes.

“I know all of you are too young to understand, but please try get to know him. He may be gruff and such an aloof, but he is human. He has feelings. Crown Prince and Baek-Ah knows and they care about him. And Prince Eun, I’m sorry I couldn’t get to hang out with you. I’ll try my best to spend more time with you. And Prince Jung, you may have earned your mother’s affection but your brother So didn’t. I do not want any conflict between you. Besides, So cares about his brothers deeply. And I’m also talking to others who think of So as a cruel, unfeeling beast.”

Soo was deliberately referring to some of the court ladies, officials, and rest of palace dwellers who fears or hate Wang So. Some court ladies and servants behind her jumped a little, stiffened. Mu and Baek-Ah couldn’t say anything as much as now they were aware of the ‘dark aura’ around Soo. The conversation even grabbed the king, Choi Ji-Mong, General Park, Queen Yoo, and Court Lady Oh’s attention. They decided not to interrupt as they kept listening.

“But still,” Yo begins despite the pain from his neck, “you are siding with such lowly prince, who knowns nothing but killing…”

“Are you using that useless accusation as an excuse for not being a crown prince, are you?” She cut off, not caring if she unleashed her ‘dark aura’.

Chae-Ryung glanced at her lady.

“M—milady?”

Soon-Duk whistled as Woo-Hee remained surprised. Princess Yeon-Hwa was somehow impressed with Soo’s dauntless words. King Taejo was incredulous with the girl’s boldness as the Queen Yoo was also. Ji-Mong only blinking his eyes as General Park formed his mouth with “O” shape. So’s eyes grew wide at her bluntness.

“I’ve been meaning to say this for a while. I don’t find you’re trying your best the become a great prince your mother wants you to be, but isn’t it common sense to care about justice and your brothers if you are born as a prince?” Soo interrogated the poor third prince and Won.

Chae-Ryung remembered the old Hae Soo before drowned, losing her memories. The lady she knew was quiet and obedient lady to Lady Hae, her cousin, but when no one’s looking Lady Soo was the type of of woman who openly judges the princes sharply as she originally known for untrusting towards men.

“Uh-oh…” Chae-Ryung muttered, catching Soon-Duk and other girls’ attention.

“What?” Soon-Duk asked.

“That’s how milady behaves before she lost her memories…I believe it’s reviving…! She’s out of my control now…” With that, Chae-Ryung averted the girls’ gazes.

Jung, Eun, Wook, Baek-Ah, Mu, Chae-Ryung, and Soon-Duk took their step back, slightly afraid the young court lady might snap whenever she might, soon.
“You accept your so-called fate after someone says you are a perfect ‘example’ as a prince, yet you are not taking a step into the world where your flaws awaits? That’s sheer poppycock.”

Soo was smiling, but it was the most bone-chilling and scariest one. Yeon-Hwa’s poisonous smile was actually nothing compare to her’s. Soo take a step forwards Yo with a threatening smile.

“So quit acting so spoiled,” Soo kept her lips smiling but her eyes were burned with unspeakable wrath, “my temper has its own limitation, brat.”

Everyone could feel the blizzard around the palace. Even the queen Yoo, for the first time, felt a twinge of fear of a girl as she walked away, unable to see the venom on the girl’s deer-like eyes. The king was unexpected, but inwardly impressed with the girl reprimanding his son.

Yo, himself, was supposed to feel offended my Soo’s words, but somehow he wanted to provoke more.

“Such a lowly woman like you…dare to talk back to a prince?!” Yo quirked his eyebrows.

But Soo only smirked.

“And you were born from the woman’s womb, look who’s talking.”

Her words once again send the chill down to people’s spine. Wook was a bit surprised as well, but Eun, Baek-Ah, and Jung found her brave. So was utterly impressed with Soo. After all, it was one of the traits he felt attracted about her. She dragged So with makeup preparations leaving everyone frozen.

“My…I like her,” Yeon-Hwa said as she clapped her hand genuinely impressed, “she’s now officially my role-model.”

Eun nearly faint, but Jung and Soon-Duk managed to helped him stood up.

“That girl…she’s quite extraordinary.” King Taejo mused.

“I told you she’s rarely bold, your majesty.” Ji-Mong agreed.

General Park tried his best not to laugh at the “humiliation” that greeted the third prince. Court Lady Oh couldn’t help but stare at the girl. She was indeed uncommonly brave girl. The court lady smiled as she finally figured out the strongest ability Hae Soo possesses. She had a magnetic charm that makes everyone she meet likes her.

“Woah,” Won hung his mouth opened, “scary…much scarier than fourth brother…”

Yo only smiled, his expression could tell he was enraptured by the girl as if he had received the love poem from her, when ironically, he had witnessed her wrath.

“Yes…” he mused nodded his head his half-lidded eyes never leaves the spot where Soo left, “she’s alluring…”


Finding the lamp no goals, she allowed Jinn to leave the palace. So remained silent.

“What?” Soo asked.

So chuckled.

“Thank you…”

Soo smiled, although a bit bewildered.

“For what?”

“For…accepting me…even when I had a face like this…” So said as his left hand touched the place where his scar remained.

Soo scoffed with grin.

“Don’t worry, with or without the scar, you are still as handsome as you are…” She casually replied as she finished her work.

She left So’s room, leaving him froze, then blushed as he averted his gave away from the mirror.

 

Note:

*: Yoo Jae-Suk is Korean comedian and the famous host from different Korean Variety Shows.

*: I wanted to portray “original” Hae Soo in such submissive, yet sharp persona and it matches with Go Ha-Jin/Hae Soo’s, so it’s just my imagination.