Soo + Alcohol = Charming, Winsome Girl

Everybody Loves Soo

[Summary: Hae Soo + Strong alcohol equals her sweet, charming, and somewhat flirtatious self. How would her friends react to this Soo? (Just a silly fic so don’t take it serious…just enjoy~! Reverse Harem + Uke/Fluffy moments some OOC alert!!! This is not entirely canon-verse. I only wrote this for fun. Everyone loves Soo!AU)]

The summer’s over at the dynasty of Goryeo. Hae Soo, the newly appointed court lady, finally gets her week off from her duty. It’s been a several weeks since she entered Songak Palace. She packed up her materials after she got a letters from princes. Court Lady Oh warned her not to get distracted by any obstacles and try not to get involved with anything serious that would risk her own life. Soo bid her goodbyes to the Court lady along with a surprising hug. Her mentor caught off-guard, but she only laughed heartedly. Soo was outside the entrance of palace and went to the princes’ study room. She stopped for a moment as she listened to the princes’ conversations. She took a deep breath and knocked the door. She heard them responding to come in. She gently pushed the door, her eyes were one every prince in the chamber. Their eyes were wide with surprise and also, glee.

“Soo!” Wang Eun, the 10th prince exclaimed.

“Sis!” Wang Jung, the 14th prince smiled and rushed towards her, followed by 13th prince, Baek Ah who warned him not to run. 3rd Prince, Wang Yo, was busy reading and 9th prince, and Wang Won, asked Prince Eun to stop hugging her.

‘Yep, they are not changed…’ Soo thought as she greeted them back.
What caught her eyes was Wang Wook, the 8th prince. His serene smile flashed on to her with warm welcome. She bowed with respect greeting him back and as she stood up her head spun around for another prince. Then she heard the door creeped behind her revealing 4th prince, Wang So, who has returned from his horse riding. He looked slightly shocked to see her unexpectedly. Soo was glad he finally got used to have his mask off and wear something that are close as what princes usually wear.

“Hello, everyone.” Soo said.

“I’m so glad to see you back here.” Prince Wook said, his smile never fades.

“Why did you get to stay away for so long?” Prince Eun whined.

“Did you missed me?” Prince Jung asked with goofy smile.

“Of course I did~,” Soo said as she naturally patted his head, cooing and rubbing both of his cheeks “d’aww, look at you. All grown up and strong. Who’s our big handsome prince? Yes, you are~~~!”

And all prince’s glares were on the youngest prince who was giggling bashfully. Prince Wook made a rather wistful expression, while So’s expression got darkened immediately. 3rd prince Yo had taken off guard from her behavior wondering what she had done to make Prince Jung being all attaching towards her. Baek Ah and Prince Won were secretly giggling while covering Eun’s eyes. Realizing what she have done, she let Prince Jung go.

“I’m so sorry! I got all caught up in a moment…” Soo made a sheepish smile.

“It’s fine~! How are you, by the way?” Jung asked as he shrugged off her modest attitude.

“It was fine. With Chae-Ryung working with me, everything’s gone all good! She’ll be here shortly with Soon-Duk. How are you?”

“Boring,” Eun, Won, Baek-Ah, and Jung replied at the same time causing Wook laughing and So preventing himself from snickering, “we have to study all day long and attending many duties.”

“Eun, you snuck out from your studies every weekend.” Yo sharply pointed out while drinking his tea.

“I just went out to get some air.” Eun muttered.

“Be glad that your wife wasn’t there catching you.” Jung laughed.

“Alright, yow two. Enough quarrelling.” Baek-Ah intervened before they could start a fight, “to welcome her, let’s celebrate tonight!”

Most of them agreed with a big hooray. Soo haven’t drank any alcohol and she needed them to brush away her stresses. Little did everyone knew, they should have picked the alcohol carefully because they will have to prepare the unexpected. Especially, from her. After all, they have never seen her in a complete drunk state.

“Soo, drink this,” Eun pulled out a bottle contained with expensive drink, “it’s called Enchanting Water-drops, from the Great Yuan.*”

The name of drink caused the princes to look at Soo and back to Eun.

“Eun, I don’t think she could drink such strong alcohol…” Won said, concerned.

“It’s fine, brother,” Eun assured with meaningful grin, “Baek-Ah said he have seen her drinking other alcohols. Besides, what could possibly go wrong?”

Even Prince Jung and Yo looked tense by the drink. So didn’t say anything, but he frowned and his left eye twitched a little. He heard that Enchanted Water-drops were considered as addictive beverages and he wasn’t so sure of Soo drinking it.

“Okay…thank you.” Soo accepted the drink, “I wonder how does it tastes..”

Unable to smell such strong drug, Yo excused himself as Won did telling them he will bring more drinks. Soo take a small sips and start to feel the strong taste of beverage. It tasted as close as Soju she drank during her life from modern world, but it was more refreshing and …bittersweet. Suddenly, she felt a little bit dizzy.

“How is it?” Eun asked.

“It’s good, actually,” Soo replied blinking her eyes, “in fact, I’ve never drank anything refreshing than this.”

“Great! More Water-Drops coming right up!” Eun said as he rushed to demand more from the servants.

Soo drank more and ignoring all the dizziness she felt, she was refreshed by both breezy wind and the beverage. She excused herself to the prince’s chamber and stumbled upon Yo who was reading the book.

Yo was the first target here.

He had never considered the possibility of Soo getting drunk. It was utterly impossible. He expected her to give up drinking such strong alcohol.

_______________________________________

Yo was reading until he noticed the night. He felt tense as he expected the weather being unpleasant. Let alone, releasing the thunderstorm*. Yes, Yo who was raised and trained to become a king, is afraid of thunderstorm. He, then, spotted Soo walking into the prince’s study room. Approaching towards him. She looked a little bit different — not pretty much, but Yo felt that something was amiss. She still have that lively aura around her. However, she also looked …serious? And that’s just odd. Yo just remained silent.

“Hello, your highness.”

Soo greeted him with a smile. Not her usual toothy smile, but a little sweet and prim smile. Her voice wasn’t energetic and loud like her usual self. This one was calmer, smoother, and sounded more…mature. She walked closer and stood beside him, who tried his best not to ‘submit’ himself from his fear of thunder.

“What were you reading?” She asked, remained with her same smile and voice. Her glassy eyes were full of curiosity and honesty, and they were locked straight onto his sharp ones.

“Finished my Philosophy studies…, what are such lowly servant like you doing here?”

Soo already expected him to throw some insulting words, but she ignored it.

“Nothing. I just came by here so I thought I could get to know my favorite prince’s charming older brother.”

Yo was about to brush off her words as he knew she was talking about Jung, as her “favorite” prince, but he went speechless when he realized what she just said. ‘Charming? Me?’ Yo thought. There was no sign of falsity in her words and he wasn’t a type of a man who would get affected by such words but somehow it somehow managed to break down the walls. She have never said anything about him and he never get any compliments from someone other than his mother—not like this. Not with her serious voice, yet captivating smile. Oh, Buddha.

“…oh.” Was the only thing he said.

Then there goes the sound of thunder struck from the sky, causing him to flinch. He accidentally let out his gasp, in front of Soo. She looked up at the sky and noticed what made him scared and looked back to Yo, who was now shaking, a little.

“Are you…afraid of thunder?” Soo stared at his face.

As if she just insulted him he was about to deny, until he heard another thunderstorm. He felt a goosebumps all over his skin.

“Just say it so, if you are.” Soo said. She have never seen Yo this vulnerable. And that caused her irritation, towards arrogant third prince, disappeared.

“I—I’m fine,” Yo managed to answer, “I’m used to …this……alone….”

He found himself surprised that he confessed his fear to others. Especially, Hae Soo, of all people. Soo just shook her head.

“Ok. That’s NO good.” She sighed as she spread her arms, waiting.

“What are you doing?” Yo asked.

“You need someone to comfort you. Besides, there’s no one else here but two of us.” Soo replied in as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

“What?” Yo snorted haughtily, “as if I’d ever—”

Before he could finish his sentence, the loud sound of thunderstorm cracked and he leaped forward and embraced the girl with all might. He didn’t care if it’s Soo he was clinging onto. Thunderstorm always caused him to froze with fear. Soo stared at him and patted his back.

“You’ll get scared to death and I don’t want that to happen.” Soo said.

Yo remembered his childhood when he always hide somewhere when he heard the thunderstorm. His mother wasn’t there and neither his father. But he didn’t want to show his weakness to disappoint his mother. After all, she wanted him to become a strong ruler someday.

“You’ve been alone all along, huh?” Soo smiled sadly, “you shouldn’t be pressured by all expectation they have on you. Becoming king or not, I think you could be a great governor.”

Yo couldn’t say anything. His face heated up and his heart was beating faster than usual. He shouldn’t feel like this. He was MARRIED for god’s sake. And no other woman, including his spouses, has managed to trigger this feelings in him. He didn’t even deny anything. Hearing such comforting words from Soo’s mouth just felt…unique. 

“…You think?” Yo finally asked.

“Of course. You just have to learn to think of justice before yourself.” She replied with gentle smile.

He let go of her and turned his face to met her eyes and all of sudden, a warm feeling raised from his cheeks which it turns into red. Her dark eyes were glassy, sparkling also. It was full of genuine motherly love he never felt from the queen mother.

Soo put her palms on his cheeks and touched his forehead wit hers. Their faces were only centimeters away.

“What’s wrong, your highness? Don’t tell me you catch a cold….your face is red.”

The third prince couldn’t even breathe now. Her deep, serious voice was full of honesty and concern. She was being so sweet to someone who was as horrible as himself and he couldn’t simply take this anymore.

“I’m f-ff—fine. I should go lay down.”

Yo immediately rushed to his bed chamber, leaving Soo confused. He was afraid of thunderstorm and she couldn’t just stand and do nothing. Well, she felt a little bit drowsy, but she knew she didn’t do anything that offended him. 
“Maybe I should apologize to him later…”

_______________________________________

Soo walked out of the room, and went outside to get some fresh air. She inhaled and exhaled as she could feel the satisfaction, until she heard a voice.

“What are you doing here?”

Soo turned around to see Princess Yeonhwa, Prince Wook’s younger sister. She didn’t looked displeased, but she was surprised nonetheless. Soo just smiled.
“Good evening, princess.”

Princess Yeonhwa frowned at her. She heard that Soo was taking a week off, which means she is spending her time with princes all week. Despite her own distaste towards Hae Soo, she sensed something off. Soo stared at the princess in a rather interesting yet sad smile.

“What?” Princess asked as she raised her brows.

“Nothing, your highness. I just feel…conflicted…..envious to be exact.”

Now that caught her attention.

“Envious…of what?”

“You.” Soo said, her honest and low voice didn’t wane.

Yeonhwa just blinked her eyes in confusion. She didn’t expected the girl to be blunt with her emotions, again. So, she continued to test her.

“And why are you envious of me?”

“Because unlike me, you always do something helpful for others. On the other hand, me, all sad and melancholy about love I didn’t get, and betrayed by others. But you are very intelligent, graceful, and brave also. Always confronting the reality and try to achieve your dreams while I am a dreamer who always want to escape reality. I really admire you sometimes.”

Princess Yeonhwa remained shocked at such honest words. And she could literally berate herself being jealous of childish girl for nothing. On the other hand, the princess swore she felt …pitiful for her. Sympathetic, even. That was the reason why she didn’t want to be born as a princess. Princess Yeonhwa wanted to be a prince to gain more power. Not getting betrothed to any powerful rich man and learn to “love” them. 

“What do you know about me? You are beautiful. You have people who follows you, loves you, while I have to be my father’s doormat.” Yeonhwa said bitterly, until she felt a palm on her right cheek.

Soo smiled reassuringly.

“Oh come on. You are more beautiful than me. If I was a man, I would have liked you.” Soo made half-hearted giggle.

Yeonhwa blushed at her compliment. She was never a type of a woman to be met by such sweet words, but this was different. It was genuine. When she looked at Soo’s eyes, she thought she saw a stars. All the star that has such tragic stories within. Yeonhwa, once again, wished she was never born as a woman. But in a different meaning.

“I find myself couldn’t believe you being all optimistic, despite all the tortuous thing happened to you.” Princess admitted.

“I’m just trying my best to be optimistic and hopeful. It’s not like it’s the end of the world if I don’t get what I wish for…” Soo made a wide smile.

The princess made a snooty huff and left. Prince Won and Baek-Ah, who saw them all along, were dumbfounded. But at the same time, Baek-Ah understood why most of the prince liked the girl so he continued to follow her, expecting more interesting things.

_______________________________________

Soo reminded herself to apologize to a princess, for whatever that angered her. She left again, and went to another place while dizziness continued to linger around her head. She saw Prince Jung, Eun, Wook, and Baek-Ah who was hanging out. Both 14th and 10th prince were wrestling against one another. 

“I’ve won!” Prince Eun boomed victoriously.

“No you didn’t!”

Prince Jung was sulking, until he saw Soo coming. He rushed towards her.

“Sis~!”He leaped towards her, “I lost from wrestling!!! Brother cheated during the game!”

Baek-Ah and Wook was laughing while Eun denied his brother’s  ‘accusation’. Soo hugged Jung and comforted him.

“Ooooh, is that so? That’s too bad. What do you want me to do? Do you want me to scold him?” Soo made a cooing sound.

What came next was unexpected. Soo kissed his cheek where there was a slight scratch. Baek-Ah and Eun was panicking. Wook was utterly shocked, yet disappointed of the fact that he wasn’t the one being kissed on his cheek from her. Prince Jung froze and his face turned pink.

“D’aww~! You’re like an adorable little brother to me~. I wish I could hug you all day long~!”

Soo had her arms around him tightly. 14th prince didn’t even try to escape. He smiled shyly and giggled, much to Eun’s dismay. Baek-Ah noticed something different from her. He was aware of her usual cheerful demeanor, but her eyes looked serious and….deep.

As if it is in turn, Soo let go of him and turned to Prince Eun.

“And Prince Eun, you have been so nice to me. Soon-Duk is a luckiest woman to have such sweet young man like you~!”

Her voice remained honest with her wide smile. Warmth. It was the only feeling 10th prince felt. He grinned widely and had his index finger up.

“Of course! I’m your best friend after all!”

Soo giggled.

“Excuse me? I thought I was HER best friend!” Baek-Ah made a facade hurt expression while smiling heartedly.

“Of course you are,” Soo grinned, “I love you guys so much. Thank you for being my best friend when I was alone.”

Baek-Ah felt his heart struck from her words. He knew her being parentless and alone, that’s why he had a feeling of wanting to protect her. Like how deceased Lady Hae wanted to protect her cousin. 

“And I really want to thank Prince Wook also. You have always protected me…I couldn’t do anything to repay your kindness…”

Prince Wook shook his head.

“No need to thank me. After all, I am the one who wants to thank you for staying with our brothers and me.”

Soo giggled delightfully and patted both Eun and Jung’s head.

“You boys go ahead and play, I’ll go take a little rest.” Soo said as she left the yard and went inside.

“Are you sure you can go alone?” Prince Wook asked, worried, “I could you inside.”

Soo politely declined his offer and left the yard. 

_______________________________________
Her walking pace was less looked like a drunk woman, yet she felt a dizziness still. Then she stopped as her eyes were on 4th prince, who was sitting on stoned staircase. He was staring at the sky with deepened gaze until he heard the footsteps behind. He spun his head to see Soo.

“Oh, Soo. I thought you were already asleep.”

“Nope, not sleepy yet.” She answered as she sat down next to Prince So.
He smiled. He expected her to either fussing about his aloof behavior, even nagging at him. It was unusual to see Soo being quiet, especially with a serious atmosphere around her, a soothing voice and a slightly sweet smile—then, So realized something was different.

“What? Do you want me to order you around all night?” So chuckled at the idea.

Everytime, he ordered her to leave him alone she disobeyed him and always followed him everywhere as if he would ever try to do anything harmful or something would happen to harm him. Soo giggled at the idea also.

“Nuh-uh~, I’ll pass.”

Soo continued to stare at him. More specifically, his face. Just like with others, she locked her gaze with his. Although, So didn’t mind as he didn’t meet her eyes. Then, her right hand reached for his face brushing his bangs from his left eye, much to lad’s panic. That’s when he finally met her eyes. Curiosity, amazement, and innocence all over her dark pearl eyes. She smiled as she saw 4th prince’s wide eyes.

“My, your eyes are just like starry night sky.”

Okay, he didn’t see THAT coming.

Soo looked at him the same way she looked at others before. The same smile, same alluring voice, same gaze, same sweetness all over.

“Oh, am I?” So couldn’t stop smiling.

“Yes. It’s all dark like night, but has all the stars. It becomes brighter, like you,” Soo’s hands were on his cheek, “you are somehwat impenetrable, but you have so many illuminating things that make you glow like a moon. Your eyes are really beautiful.”

Soo’s smile widened as her expression gets softened.

“I truly love your eyes.” Soo added with a lively, yet genuine smile.

Prince So felt rare, yet warm feelings in his chest. Her words were enough to bring him back from dark oblivion that haunted him since his childhood. It was very sincere and very mellow, especially when those words came from Soo. Nobody told him about his eyes. During his life as a “wolf dog”, he loathed his face, let alone his eyes that often burns with anger, sorrow, and transforms into hideous form that takes within his heart.

He smiled, but this time, it was a smile that came deep inside his heart. He never felt this happy before and he tried his best prevent himself from leaning towards her face.

“Nobody said such things about my eyes…”

Soo, then, moved closer.

“And you know? If I was a magic mirror to be asked who’s the fairest or handsomest, I’d say you are the most handsomest man of ‘em all. Whether you have a scar or not.”

Once again, he felt warm, but now he already knew the reason why there was something off. Soo was close to him and he could smell the scent of strong drug. Enchanted Water-Drops. Soo was drunk. He had never seen her drunk and that explained why So has never seen this side of Soo until now. He snickered in pure amusement, but he was happy nevertheless. Because all the things she said, were very sincere. ‘Ay me. If only I had a courage to say the same to her…’

“Why, thank you, Lady Soo. I’m very delighted.”

Soo laughed heartily as she headed back to the place where she drank the beverage with the princes, hoping they would return shortly.

_______________________________________
Baek-Ah, who had secretly followed her all along, knew what happened. He knew something happened between Soo and Yo in the studying chamber. He saw what happened between Soo and princess Yeonhwa. He saw Soo and two youngest princes with Wook. And also, Soo and So at the entrance.
Baek-Ah even heard the change in Soo’s voice, differences in her actions. He KNEW something was amiss.

Also, he had seen this side of Soo before.

Once. And that was clearly enough.

The celebration wasn’t over yet, but now all prince, including princess Yeonhwa, assembled. Even though they were talking to one another, they couldn’t forget about their interaction with Soo. Some were staring at her, and some were trying not to meet her eyes out of shyness. Baek-Ah was the first to notice and he formed a rather mischievous idea.

From the corner of her eyes, Soo saw Baek-Ah stood up from his seat and walking towards her. He sat beside her, already forming something in his mind, but he had to at least ‘confirm’ something.

Now, everyone was watching them. Yo, Yeonhwa, and Won was watching them by their seat, curious of Soo’s behavior. Wook and So watched with a curious eyes, raising their eyebrows in confusion. Eun and Jung just watched, didn’t feel anything odd, in their case.

“How many Enchanted Water-Drops you have drank, Soo?”

Soo had her eyes blinked, drowsy. “One bottle, I guess. It’s so delicious though.”

Baek-Ah blinked his eyes back at her, demanding more explanation. Then, he released a small sigh and groaned.

Then….all of sudden, without hesitation, he held up her chin carefully and…had his lips smashed onto Soo’s.

Everyone. Was. Frozen.

Baek-Ah pulled back, his own lips out of mischief.

“You’re right. It tastes sweet…”

And Soo literally gave into her drowsiness as she letting herself collapsed onto his shoulder and drifted herself into a deep slumber.
After that…

_______________________________________

“WHAT WAS THAT?!”Eun and Jung shrieked.

“I didn’t know you were also into her that way!”Princess Yeonhwa covered her cheeks with both hands, obviously panicked.

“I demand some explanation of…this.” Yo commanded in a rather intimidating tone, somewhat furious at Baek-Ah.

“Oh, Baek-Ah…why? WHY?!” Won cried over-dramatically.

Wook and So stayed silent, but their expressions were dark. Wook found himself saddened with the fact that he wasn’t the one to give her first kiss. So find himself glad he had conquered Soo’s first kiss, but having someone else doing the same to her caused him to glare jealously at Baek-Ah and accidentally let out his wolfish, predatory growl from causing most of people flinch out of fear. Prince Eun, Jung, and Won had seen him frown but hearing a wolfish, deadly growl from him, they would have been pissed themselves. Even Yo noticed So’s unusually furious expressions.

“I will give you three seconds to explain before I could maul you.” So dangerously threatened, much to 13th prince’s amusement and others’ anxiety.

‘Brother So is being very scary lately.’ Jung pointed out, whispering to Eun and Won.

‘I know, right? I thought he was turning into a werewolf, or something.’ Won whispered back.

“I could hear you boys.” So turned his eyes to them.

The trio yelped out. Looking at sleeping Soo, Baek-Ah turned back to them with his usual carefree and calm attitude.

“Fine, I’ll explain.” 13th prince said, smiling while carrying the sleeping Soo to somewhere she could lay down, followed by the glowering glares from his brothers.

Baek-Ah sighed as Soo fall herself into the bed.

“She’s drunk, obviously.”

Some eyes were widened by the statement. However, So crossed his arms definitely NOT pleased enough. “That doesn’t explain why you had to kiss her.”
Baek-Ah saw every unimpressed face from his brothers, and literally laughed out loud.

“What are you laughing for?” Yo asked, still glaring.

“I did that to provoke all of you in purpose.” Baek-Ah managed to answer throughout his laughter, “you should all have seen your own face when Soo was around every one of you.”

“You are VERY lucky that you are my favorite brother…” So continued to growl.

Won couldn’t help but laugh along with 13th prince, but find something weird. He had a feeling that Baek-Ah knew Soo being this way before, so tried to ask.

“Wait… has this ever happened before?”

That question grabbed everyone’s attention, since none of them had witnessed drunk Soo before. Baek-Ah looked back at sleeping Soo and back to his brothers. Yeonhwa was also curious whether he had seen her this way before. The 13th prince sighed.

“Once….”He nodded.

Seeing that everyone remained quiet, Yeonhwa gestured him to continue.

“This happened when we were out after sister Hae’s funeral. We have gotten along and we decided to have some drinks at the village. She was at the tavern while I was trying to get more drinks and the next thing I knew, she was talking to a bunch of men…,”Baek-Ah stopped when he saw Wook and So’s expression tensed. He continued, “and I mean, many handsome, attractive men who flirt with her and tried to seduce her. Oh, and there were also some women—extremely manly ones and feminine ones. Either way, she was surrounded by these people who…”Baek-Ah faked a cough, “…praised her like she was a goddess or something.”

He let out a groan while the other princes demanded more. “And she drank several drinks and it just happened. The men—all of them—fell for her. It was very challenging to make them let her go. Some of them, perhaps noblemen, offered her satchels of gold, jewels, and few of them asked her hand for marriage.”

“Perhaps, the alcohol might have triggered her mature personality.”

They all turned to the door, saw Choi Ji-Mong, the palace astronomer.

“You couldn’t expect any from this lively girl.”

3rd prince, Yo, remembered when she was drunk just a while ago. She hadn’t done anything big or special, nor did she used any romantic poetic lines. Her voice, her eyes, her smile, her words, her smile, everything — was plainly alluring.

Wook even pondered about how sweet Soo was and so did Prince So. They immediately concluded if she continues to be like that, she might have herself surrounded by her suitors while dozens of women obsessed over her. They had their eyes darkened by the thought.

“This girl here could get herself a whole lot suitors and admirers just by getting drunk. Tiny, cute, and overly flirtatious girl. I am SO glad we are in a palace. Or else, we will have a rebellion of which of man, from powerful clans, could have her.” Baek-Ah sighed.

The comment got most of the princes chuckled at the possibility. They all know he wasn’t lying. Hae Soo always had her own charm. Heck, all of them experienced how it feels like being under her charm.

_______________________________________
Ever since the drunk Soo incidents, everything has changed, a little. Most of the thing remained same, except how they treat or have opinion about her. Soo doesn’t mind at first because she knew what happened back then, but seeing the people, who were less friendly to her, became more welcoming made her feel odd and slightly uncomfortable.

Most of the prince were remained friendly to her, of course. But it looks like she accidentally added more admirers lately; Soo and Princess Yeonhwa encounter in some occasion, but the princess’s eyes were no longer looking down at her in contempt. Her eyes were close to, rarely, respect. In a certain events, the princess asked Soo if she could help her with cosmetics much to girl’s surprise. The princess was quite impressed by her skills understanding why she was quickly promoted.

Prince Yo was no exception. He no longer insults the girl but instead whenever she greets him he greets her back with a slightly welcoming atmosphere, hinting his interest towards her. He signalled her to keep his secret and she smiled, promised to not tell about his fear of thunderstorm. But she enjoys teasing him when there was no one around them, much to his embarrassment.
Rest of the prince secretly enjoyed seeing her drunk, but they decided not to tell what happened to their parents. Prince So still remembered the words she said, even while Soo was helping him with covering his scar. Although she drowsed herself into an alcohol, what she said was very genuine. He smiled at the thought.

“What’s wrong, So?”

So turned to face the crown prince who was staring at him with concern. The oldest brother and their father, King Taejo, thanked him for the things he did during the raining ritual. And their brother’s bonding grew stronger. The fourth prince just smiled.

“It’s nothing, sire. I was just…thinking of rather interesting festivity with brothers.”

“Speaking of, I heard the girl, Soo, was taking a week off from Yesterday. How’s she anyway?”

The crown prince also knew Soo before. He was deeply appreciated that Soo helped him with his ‘skin condition’ and they seemed to bond like a siblings.

“Lively as usual.” So replied with a smirk.

“Good, good.” The crown prince smiled.

“And pretty as a picture” So muttered without realizing what he had just said.

“I’m sorry, what was that?”

So shrugged off, lying that he didn’t said anything.

“You asked me to tell you something interesting when I could visit you, right?” So giggled, “there is one, but please do not spread it to anyone.”

_______________________________________

All princes and princess swore to never let Soo get drunk from this day forth—not in public, in particular. The thought of Soo being surrounded by strangers clearly angered them. It was jealousy they might have felt, maybe? One thing they are proud to announce, is that Hae Soo belongs to them. And anyone tries to steal her, Oh HO-HO, they’d wish they were never been born.
But at the same time, they might drug the strong alcohol on Hae Soo’s foods, by “accidents”. Well, for their entertainments.

_______________________________________

Epilogue (next day…):

 


“Hey, did you hear that 3rd brother wants to divorce with his wives?” Eun whispered make sure Yo didn’t hear him.

“Wait, seriously?” Jung whispered back as he was surprised by the news, “but why? How come?”

“I don’t know…I just heard him asked your mother to let him divorce with them…” Eun said quietly, while scratching his head out of confusion.

Just then, Hae Soo came in with the tray of teas prepared for the princes.

“Hello, sis~!” Jung called out happily.

“Hello, princes. Did you have a good dreams last night?” Hae Soo asked as she passed every teapots and cup for them.

“Yes, of course…we had a rather delightful dream,” Baek-Ah half teased, “thanks to your small spotlight last night.”

Hae Soo remembers what she did last night and that was NOT COOL for her. Most of the prince laughed as princess Yeon-Hwa giggled a little as the Crown Prince smiled heartily as he also heard what happened from So. Even though the 4th prince didn’t told him his interaction with drunk Soo.

“Do you expect me to not get drunk after I drank the strong alcohol?” Hae Soo asked, irritated by Baek-Ah.

“Thanks to your charm, you’ve got yourself more admirers in palace…the only thing left is choose your potential mate~.” Wang Won said, smiling mischievously, “otherwise, there would be a game of spouse, instead of thrones~!”

“Like that will ever happen…” Hae Soo interjected.

“It COULD!” Won resisted.
“Nuh-uh.”

“Yes-uh~.”

“NUH-UH~!”

“YES-UH~!!!”

The word “Nuh-Uh” and “Yes-Uh” echoed throughout the chamber, causing some of the princes laugh, or face-palm at them. Baek-Ah, Jung, and Eun laughed at their word fights. Yo was annoyed by their interaction, but nonetheless laughed, amused. Wook smiled and So smirked at them.

Yep, they definitely not gonna hand Hae Soo over ANYONE. Even if the opponents are their brothers. Everybody loves Soo, after all~!

 

[The End]

 

Fact(s):
*: It is a fictitious alcohol I made in this fic.

*: Yo’s fear of thunderstorm foreshadows his future as a king. In a name as Jeongjong, around four years after his reign, the large thunderstorm struck, causing him to almost got a heart attack and gotten himself mentally feeble (insane possibly) and chose So as a next ruler (this is what I heard from my grandma who loved the history of Goryeo).